Thread: What's self-dualization ?

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's self-dualization ?

It's when you have neuroses of your type and your dual.
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi Noid

Self dualization may involve you conquering the dual aspect within you. So, if you're EII which is static to flip the subconscious psyche backwards so you can do both. It's very very hard and I've tried it. I can't say it works. It's left me emotion and very enclosed from other things
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    You know that feeling when you've been around a person for a while, and you 'know' what they would say? Or how they would act?

If I'm around my dual or activity partner for a bit, I can sort of 'carry' them and their thought process with me. In this way you can have neuroses of your type and your dual.
    That feeling is so wonderful. When you both arrive at the same thing. A laugh together, a hug together, feeling the same sexual urges (sorry about that but that's part of a relationship).
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe that self dualization is a real phenomenon. No human being lives in a vacuum. We're always around different influences from the time we are born. Even some of the smallest interactions we have in positive relationships, and even some that don't work out the best, can help us grow as people. I don't think any of us can say that we made it totally on our own. There's always been at least one person who had a positive impact in our lives. Otherwise we would all be in a mental institution or dead.

It's been a trend to be somewhat bitter here about Duality and Socionics in general. So people resort to saying that it isn't real or doesn't work. In my experience, it does. It's just that most of us have so many conditioned habits from being around the wrong people that it takes years for it to happen. And most people don't see or expect that. Most young people expect life to work out instantly. And when it doesn't, they often get depressed and stop trying to change their lives at all, or they say Duality is bullshit. One thing many don't realize is that type is in addition to individual character (and instinct variant, if you follow that). From what I've seen, Duality and the other Socionics relationships are constantly working, and I can see it all happen in my daily life with how the people I know interact with each other. I've seen Duality a thousand times, or so it feels. And yes, it has come to an end. Nothing is perfect. But there's a certain quality that it has that makes it different from other relations. Even if my dual hurts me, I usually find that I'm not actually damaged. It's just my feelings that are hurt. When I'm dealing with FiTe stuff, I actually often end up damaged in some way, as if I can't think properly or something.

Anyway, enough of my tangents
    Last edited by Eldanen; 11-19-2013 at 10:38 AM.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since socionics is about processing information, sometimes a person just has to attend to a type of information on their own. Especially if they don't have a wide net of other types to turn to for help regarding that type of information. Unfortunately, attending to information one is weak at processing can take up quite a bit of energy and focus that one would've preferred to spend elsewhere. But, that can be minimized by sticking with just the basics and/or rules of thumb regarding that type of information. This allows the person to get simple info quickly, even if that info might be erred or incorrectly reasoned through.

If the weak info processing is valued info, then a person might get better at it in particularly situations where it is constantly needed. But it still requires more effort at it than a dual would have to deal with.

Anyways, so yeah...this would likely develop another neurosis within the person.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    I don't believe that self dualization is a real phenomenon. No human being lives in a vacuum. We're always around different influences from the time we are born. Even some of the smallest interactions we have in positive relationships, and even some that don't work out the best, can help us grow as people. I don't think any of us can say that we made it totally on our own. There's always been at least one person who had a positive impact in our lives. Otherwise we would all be in a mental institution or dead.

It's been a trend to be somewhat bitter here about Duality and Socionics in general. So people resort to saying that it isn't real or doesn't work. In my experience, it does. It's just that most of us have so many conditioned habits from being around the wrong people that it takes years for it to happen. And most people don't see or expect that. Most young people expect life to work out instantly. And when it doesn't, they often get depressed and stop trying to change their lives at all, or they say Duality is bullshit. One thing many don't realize is that type is in addition to individual character (and instinct variant, if you follow that). From what I've seen, Duality and the other Socionics relationships are constantly working, and I can see it all happen in my daily life with how the people I know interact with each other. I've seen Duality a thousand times, or so it feels. And yes, it has come to an end. Nothing is perfect. But there's a certain quality that it has that makes it different from other relations. Even if my dual hurts me, I usually find that I'm not actually damaged. It's just my feelings that are hurt. When I'm dealing with FiTe stuff, I actually often end up damaged in some way, as if I can't think properly or something.

Anyway, enough of my tangents
    I agree. If you split any organism in half and assign a set of genes to one and another to another and they both come out differently yet complimentary, how can you ask that organism to start looking like the other without giving it a set of genes it's probably missing.
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I agree. If you split any organism in half and assign a set of genes to one and another to another and they both come out differently yet complimentary, how can you ask that organism to start looking like the other without giving it a set of genes it's probably missing.
    But we have access to/use all functions. Their position is a matter of natural inclination, preference, avoidance, insecurity, etc., but everything is there and everything can be accessed. I can create Si comfort for myself, but it is hard work and I would rather not have to...

Edit: I might have misunderstood your point. I am not sure. I shouldn't post when I am tired...
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    But we have access to/use all functions. Their position is a matter of natural inclination, preference, avoidance, insecurity, etc., but everything is there and everything can be accessed. I can create Si comfort for myself, but it is hard work and I would rather not have to...

Edit: I might have misunderstood your point. I am not sure. I shouldn't post when I am tired...
    You're not accessing a function. Functions are assigned to give meaning to a process. If that were easy I would get me a lovely Te and put up all the pictures on these walls

No way. I'm having an LSE friend come over and do all the logistics of design. I'm getting a team of LSE to move in I told them I would cook steak everyday. I also told my boyfriend who's getting an aquarium full of shark that I'm not adverse to trying shark fin soup ***kidding for all those who are ready to jump for the kill.

"Maritsa...what do you think if the color of this wall should be green" me: "sure, anything you want."
    -

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't do self dualization...

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

it's when Ne-leads hire a babysitter/maid, Se-leads read "The Art of War", Ni-leads acquire an army of slaves, Si-leads watch "Don't Hug me, I'm Scared", Fi-leads get a job, Te-leads hire a therapist, Fe-leads learn to read via Leap Frog, and Ti-leads are born attractive = fan club of lovers and admirers.