TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Linus Torvalds and wife

Last edited by silke; 10-14-2018 at 06:32 AM. Reason: updated links
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy is not a criminal, neither is his wife
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    That's not what Microsoft would have you think... :P
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niveK
    That's not what Microsoft would have you think...
    ROFLOL

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Linus Torvalds has a wife???? That baby, it's not his kid, is it?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult
    I think it is, what do you type his wife as ?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is, what do you type his wife as ?
    I dunno, I'm not good at typing in real life unless it's ISTjs and ENTPs, let alone when it comes to VI... But gut feeling: Delta NF (??)
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about ESFP?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW: you invoke an autistic impression in me? What type are you, then?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about ESFP?
    Like I said: dunno, but speaking strictly Keirsey here: not artisan!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW: you invoke an autistic impression in me? What type are you, then?
    Yes I am the most autistic person in this forum according to a test. My type is INTP according to smilingeyes and myself, I test as INFP (always) and most people in this website think that I am INTJ.

What impression to I give you? Why autistic?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have exchanged info with autistic people in the past, on forums and in chats. They give me the impression that they're very willing to connect, but that they don't really hear what I'm saying. I have the same feeling right now. So it's an experience thing.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be similar to what Ann told me once.

Do you know what that means? THe willingness to connect but not hearing I mean. Is it inability? Is it present in all their communications?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I know from (genuine) autism, it's that autictic people can't really put themselves in other peoples shoes. E.g. if they're in love with someone, it's very hard for them to understand if the other person is not also in love with them.

And yes, it's basically a one way communication thing. But not one that I experience as offensive.

B.t.w. I'm not implying that you are autistic, only that the feeling is invoked in me.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I know from (genuine) autism, it's that autictic people can't really put themselves in other peoples shoes. E.g. if they're in love with someone, it's very hard for them to understand if the other person is not also in love with them.

And yes, it's basically a one way communication thing. But not one that I experience as offensive.

B.t.w. I'm not implying that you are autistic, only that the feeling is invoked in me.
    Your feelings are very accute

I am not autistic medically, but some of my behaviours are. I just noticed that I had been listening to the same song for 2 hours non stop.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

autism, just like ADD and ADHD, are symptoms where there is no clear line between "normal" and "disorder". Many ADD/ADHD types test as ENTps or ENFps, although not vice versa. This has even led some people to believe that some "normal" ENTps are sometimes misdiagnosed as ADD/ADHD: it's not the child that's really the problem, it's the environment that can't handle it.

When I myself was a toddler, before the kindergarten age, I was taken into medical childcare, because I was a very "busy" child (in those days, the late sixties, the abbrevs. ADD/ADHD didn't yet exist). As an adult, I'm doing pretty fine, although sometimes I still do exhaust people.

We're all "crazy" to some extent :wink:

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering if I can identify the autistic behaviour spesifically, how can I listen better?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering if I can identify the autistic behaviour spesifically, how can I listen better?
    Let me put it like this: I don't feel neglected or ignored or out of sync with you, so I don't see a reason why you should adapt your behavior. Perhaps better to leave it like it is and not to try too much :wink:

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me put it like this: I don't feel neglected or ignored or out of sync with you, so I don't see a reason why you should adapt your behavior. Perhaps better to leave it like it is and not to try too much :wink:
    It could be that others would be upset with me, and often they are.

This autistic behaviour is a learned behaviour in my case, not structural, so its' quite easy to change over time I think. Any suggestions would helpful.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, my advice would be: take your time and gather people around you that accept you for who you are.

I'll share a story with you, perhaps this gives an idea:

when I was 14, I moved from Amsterdam (which some people seem to confuse with Sodom and Gamorra ) to a brand new suburbia: a town full of "average" people, mostly SF types in those days. In that period I became withdrawn in social life, and had only very a few friends. A lot of people, especially in my family, considered me to be very introvert and very passive. I "hated" the idiots around me, showed it, and they "hated" me back :wink:

When I was 19, I went to university, and on day one I met people I could relate to, the the level that I felt intoxicated. I became very extrovert, outgoing, enterprising etc. etc. and as a by effect, also more accepting of people I didn't use to like before, and they of me. Now this, of course, also has to do with (coming of) age, but the morale of this story is, that is is important to have people around that you can relate to. In hindsight, it was not a good move from my parents to move to suburbia, although it was a good move for my xSxF brothers. But hey, what did my SF parents know about Psychological Type and quadras?

I also know a story of a girl with an IQ of 150. She was always shy and withdrawn, she simply couldn't connect. Then, one day, she found out about a club of high-IQ people, which she joined. Overnight herwhole personality seem to change: she turned out to be very talkative and even funny, and was delighted to find people that laughed about her jokes. She descibed it as a sort of homecoming.

So my advice: unless you need professional psychological help, perhaps you are the odd person out and all you need is a change of scenery: get into contact with people you can relate to. It's no use to force yourself into being what you are not.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats' great, thank you. I am out of place because my mother has worked very hard to make that happen, its' quite tragic. I feel terribly out of place, with no emotional bonds or attachments

I am not quite sure how to go about creating them.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is ancient but I can not think anything else than alpha.

He is quite funny, self-deprecating and blunt on online . Let's see:
    Security people are often the black-and-white kind of people that I can't stand. I think the OpenBSD crowd is a bunch of masturbating monkeys, in that they make such a big deal about concentrating on security to the point where they pretty much admit that nothing else matters to them.
    My name is Linus Torvalds and I am your god.
    Most days I wake up thinking I'm the luckiest bastard alive.
    I'm an egotistical bastard, and I name all my projects after myself. First Linux, now git.
    There aren't enough swear-words in the English language, so now I'll have to call you perkeleen vittupää just to express my disgust and frustration with this crap.
    We don't merge kernel code just because user space was written by a retarded monkey on crack.
    ILE would be a good candidate. He didn't like the business published the kernel for free but got rich first after his project gained popularity (people just gave him money). Fi is not valued. That is clear.

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Linus Torvalds

Interested in how people type him (he reminds me of my husband a lot)

Long video, sorry! Let's see how we go

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LIE.

Likes pragmatism and wants to fix problems but bad with hands on stuff.

Very bad ethics and his wife seems ESI. For those who understand Finnish you see his family on video.
    https://yle.fi/aihe/artikkeli/2008/0...kumouksellinen
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There used to be another thread about him. First I thought ILI but then Hotelambush made me change my mind to LIE.

So LIE he is and he is a Normalizer. His wife seems Dominant.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why LIE and not ILE? @Tallmo (sorry, I know this old, lol)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Why LIE and not ILE? @Tallmo (sorry, I know this old, lol)
    Good question. Maybe I should reconsider.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He has some great quotes.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Linus_Torvalds
    “Benevolent dictator? No, I'm just lazy. I try to manage by not making decisions and letting things occur naturally. That's when you get the best results.”
    Every time I see some piece of medical research saying that caffeine is good for you, I high-five myself. Because I'm going to live forever.
    Standards are paper. I use paper to wipe my butt every day. That's how much that paper is worth.
    “I'm a bastard. I have absolutely no clue why people can ever think otherwise. Yet they do. People think I'm a nice guy, and the fact is that I'm a scheming, conniving bastard who doesn't care for any hurt feelings or lost hours of work if it just results in what I consider to be a better system.

And I'm not just saying that. I'm really not a very nice person. I can say 'I don't care' with a straight face, and really mean it.”
    “I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended.”
    I'm an egotistical bastard, and I name all my projects after myself. First Linux, now git.
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Git
    A completely ignorant, childish person with no manners.

His comments are not sexual so I think LIE might not be the case.

I wish everybody was as nice as I am.
    Yeah dunno if his position has been very optimal for him.
    Linus Torvalds deserves a Nobel Prize for git, the Turing Award for Linux and swift kick in the ass for almost everything else he's done
    https://twitter.com/GonzoHacker/stat...37692053794816
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 03-31-2019 at 05:20 PM.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    He has some great quotes.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Linus_Torvalds

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Git
    A completely ignorant, childish person with no manners.

His comments are not sexual so I think LIE might not be the case.

Yeah dunno if his position has been very optimal for him.

https://twitter.com/GonzoHacker/stat...37692053794816
    This sounds like pure Fi PoLR, doesn't it? ILE seems like a better fit than LIE if that's the case.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE.

Likes pragmatism and wants to fix problems but bad with hands on stuff.

Very bad ethics and his wife seems ESI. For those who understand Finnish you see his family on video.
    https://yle.fi/aihe/artikkeli/2008/0...kumouksellinen
    The guy always seem to be such an introvert in his videos.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    The guy always seem to be such an introvert in his videos.
    Potential ILI? I could see it. F PoLR anyway. There is something that makes me seriously shake my head but I still find it funny.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potential ILI? I could see it. F PoLR anyway. There is something that makes me seriously shake my head but I still find it funny.
    Yeah ILI-Te...he also reminds me of a friend (a mathematician who now works as a programmer) who can have the same "shocking" humor, but he's still some family guy after all
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched some videos with him. I can't see Ni. I now think he might be ILE. And C subtype.

(Jung on Si)