Thread: a sad sad story

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default a sad sad story

I have a very sad story of abuse and financial irresponsibility, one which hurts people.

So I was sitting at a bus stop waiting for my ride and there was a lovely SLI sitting next to me. Her friend happen to pass by and she jumped to greet him. They spoke for a little while and parts of the conversation I overheard her say "yeah, I'm clean now. Have been for a year. It's hard, I'm trying to get back on my feet."

Her friend left as they parted with goodbyes and she came to sit down next to me again. I looked at her and tried to figure out what possible drug she may have been tied up with but at that moment I didn't care. She started to talk to me, even though I was very quiet. I figured she needed a friend, a filter for her emotions. She said "yeah, I was in a relationship before with this guy who used me, took all my money and didn't care about me. I ended up homeless and have been on the streets now for several months." She looks like she's already cried enough tears about it so she was not crying now. I asked her if she had tried PATH, our community's assistance program and she said she's working with them now. She went on to tell me about her life and how things got very difficult for her emotionally. I interjected with comments as I thought of socionics and how I might help this sincere and honest person. I said things like "I know there's courage inside of you and the will from within to make it through your struggle. You can get through this and have good relations around you." She said "yeah" and continued as a subject who had found a vessel for this emotional flow. I gladly listened to her and I felt so bad that I could not offer any more assistance than some food, which she excepted and shared with me as a friend. We parted with hopes that we may see each other again.

I don't often strike up conversations like this and most often they are with SLI and SLI women are not very common. They are a treasure.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She probably just wanted money.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

why are SLIs a treasure,Maritsa?

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

sounds like a story for a church group...

you, dj, eliza william start a NF christian do-gooders group here....then score your 'going to heaven' points trading stories like this heh
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 11-10-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes in a chance meeting you get a glimpse of their soul, and you see the blessing that they are.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the16types View Post
    why are SLIs a treasure,Maritsa?
    I love their honesty, caregiving nature. They are so much like me in that our values of our roles in a relationship are that when we love someone we want to see to their wellbeing and will sacrifice our comfort to give them comfort. I love a lot of things about them, their humor, their aesthetics. But, most of all I love their honesty.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mfckr View Post
    Maybe instead of cluttering up the latest posts box w/ these threads:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php
    poll.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    poll.
    Lol, after seeing the link i have decided to make my own blog. But yes, a maritsa blog would declutter. After all most of her threads are just personal little ditties, not actual topics for discussion. I wonder if she knows this. *ponders*

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One moment while I attempt to bask in the knowledge of how nice I am that I as a humanist will listen to people and offer them no concrete guidance such as 'get a fucking grip' when they make bad decision after bad decision. It's great that they are caregivers like me. You should know how great I am so you can aspire to licking my self awarded halo and angel wings.

*pats own back*

Ya'll better recognize.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I love their honesty, caregiving nature. They are so much like me in that our values of our roles in a relationship are that when we love someone we want to see to their wellbeing and will sacrifice our comfort to give them comfort. I love a lot of things about them, their humor, their aesthetics. But, most of all I love their honesty.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

You do realize that you just do "nice" shit so you can tell people about it, right? You do it because it makes you feel good about yourself and because then you can tell others and THEY can make you feel good about yourself. It's not for the good of others. If you did it for the good of others you wouldn't spend all fucking day basking in the moment.

Christianity drives me up the fucking wall, but there is something to be said about not bragging up ones charitable deeds.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this thread has become a sad sad story.