Thread: Typing dilemma (mixing up leading and mobilizing functions)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Typing dilemma (mixing up leading and mobilizing functions)

I’ve been trying to type several people, but keep on oscillating between two different types. I now know that the common demeanor is on whether their leading function should be their mobilizing function or vice versa.

I can’t decide on whether they have a well-developed mobilizing function or an understated leading function? Obviously I’m doing something fundamentally wrong (one is irrational, the other rational, different quadras, etc.) I just don’t know what it is?

I can give you what types I’m mixing up and why, just thought it would be better to deal with the bigger picture of why I’m making this mistake.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Socionics, it's called the Base function, not the leading function. Just a heads up.

Concerning your topic, I've seen some good observations on this from @anndelise.

Edit: Here's one of her posts on that. Seems like she went more in-depth somewhere else, but I can't recall precisely where.

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I think the hidden agenda plays a very important role in terms of orientation in info seeking. I believe it feeds our base element, which feeds our hidden agenda, which feeds our base, in a mutual growth cycle kind of thing. Enough so that I think some people might even confuse their hidden agenda as being their base element. (Particularly Nx hidden agendas, and when people forget that all types have at least the experience of both Intuitional elements.)
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    In Socionics, it's called the Base function, not the leading function. Just a heads up.

Concerning your topic, I've seen some good observations on this from @anndelise.

Edit: Here's one of her posts on that. Seems like she went more in-depth somewhere else, but I can't recall precisely where.
    Thanks for the heads up about the base function.

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Yes, I found that thread very interesting, especially your post about how Nx HA types can confuse their HA for their base function.

Thanks for the other links. I’ve had a quick look and will digest them over the weekend.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    I'd rather deal with specifics than the bigger picture or the theory. Which specific two types are you mixing up or considering and why?

Also, if it helps, I'll mention that typically people naturally use their leading function without noticing it. They naturally perceive the world through their 1st function as a fixed view, and often aren't as consciously aware of using it as they are with their 2nd creative function and perhaps their 6th mobilizing function.
    EIE as well as the MBTI correlations (want to avoid them but can’t get it out of my head) are causing the muddle.

1: (ILE vs EIE) Individual appears rational type with strong Fe. Upbeat and displays Alpha values of inclusiveness and light hearted jokes. Can have emotional outbreaks and is rather sensitive deep down, but has weak Fi. Don’t believe ESE is an option, weak Si and strong Ne/Ni

2: (SEE vs EIE) Individual appears irrational type. Likes to create drama and strong reaction in others but has fairly strong Fi. Quick tempered and bursts of hostility that seems over the top.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    EIE as well as the MBTI correlations (want to avoid them but can’t get it out of my head) are causing the muddle.

1: (ILE vs EIE) Individual appears rational type with strong Fe. Upbeat and displays Alpha values of inclusiveness and light hearted jokes. Can have emotional outbreaks and is rather sensitive deep down, but has weak Fi. Don’t believe ESE is an option, weak Si and strong Ne/Ni

2: (SEE vs EIE) Individual appears irrational type. Likes to create drama and strong reaction in others but has fairly strong Fi. Quick tempered and bursts of hostility that seems over the top.
    ILE vs EIE = 4d types

SEE vs EIE = 4d types

You're not really just mixing up the hidden agenda so much as getting caught up in some areas where it's very easy to make mistakes due to demonstrative function and base function being 4d functions in the types you're confusing. This means these types can display some very similar traits and behaviors.

Hidden agenda is really overplayed in type analysis, it's actually quite difficult for people to articulate it without knowledge of socionics, often they will downplay this part of themselves if questioned.

How old are you btw? It's harder to type people when you don't have a ton of experience with people, the descriptions will have many aspects that will fit multiple individuals and types, and some people will of a certain type will not fit a description from your interaction with them. One of those things you may want to do is understand them before you try to type them, then any sort of type analysis should come thru pretty naturally.