0 Thread(s)

Arrow Can I borrow some money, ENTj?

(I heard this is the place to go).

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/your-p...184613629.html

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Firstly, even ignoring the validity of MBTI, there is no way that data is accurate whatsoever. Where do I even begin to explain? It's divided into Keirseyan temperaments, it extrapolates population distribution, the data was probably collected by people self-testing and then disclosing demographic information, if that testing was issued globally, it probably didn't account for currency inflation and exchange rate, in addition to all that, people that aren't part of typology forums don't have the sensing/intuition bias, which makes it more likely for people to type as sensing, as people do take in information via their senses regardless of their preferences and questions tend to revolve around these kinds of things, etc. I could go on, but it'd be redundant at this stage.

Secondly, no. You can't have any.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Notice how ENTPs have the lowest education and 2nd lowest income, surviving by their wits and such.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    You're asking to borrow money? Why not ask to have money?

You may possibly borrow some money from me. What's your credit score? It will help determine both my willingness to lend and how advantageous the interest rate will be for me.
    But ENTJ has deeper pockets.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    Firstly, even ignoring the validity of MBTI, there is no way that data is accurate whatsoever. Where do I even begin to explain? It's divided into Keirseyan temperaments, it extrapolates population distribution, the data was probably collected by people self-testing and then disclosing demographic information, if that testing was issued globally, it probably didn't account for currency inflation and exchange rate, in addition to all that, people that aren't part of typology forums don't have the sensing/intuition bias, which makes it more likely for people to type as sensing, as people do take in information via their senses regardless of their preferences and questions tend to revolve around these kinds of things, etc. I could go on, but it'd be redundant at this stage.
    True its junk research but there still might be something to it. The only LIE i know is female, and she is quite resourceful, and has a good household income because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    Secondly, no. You can't have any.
    This is another way to be resourceful...

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Notice how ENTPs have the lowest education and 2nd lowest income, surviving by their wits and such.
    The ENTP I know well has a great income. Just a 4 year degree, but he is self-taught all things computer and climbed the corporate ladder with that. He is also multi-talented and can do all kinds of things. So, no, I did not see that and it surprised me.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is very old information. How trashy of careerassessmentsite.com to not source the information.

Source: http://www.personalitypage.com/html/demographics.html

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    The ENTP I know well has a great income. Just a 4 year degree, but he is self-taught all things computer and climbed the corporate ladder with that. He is also multi-talented and can do all kinds of things. So, no, I did not see that and it surprised me.
    I won't take your word for it because I haven't met him and don't even know if he exists. Nevertheless ...

The problem is that ENTP is defined as an indecisive and imaginative as opposed to practical type. Having a career requires a deal of logistical ability that is opposite to those attributes, meaning that anyone with trouble holding a career can be typed as ENTP and vice versa. That makes for a selection bias favoring low achievers as ENTPs and high achievers as [e.g.] ENTJs, commiting the circular fallacy, and precasting the study's conclusions as recapitulations of the original type definitions.
    Last edited by xerx; 11-07-2013 at 04:05 AM.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is true that LIEs tend to make a lot of money. They have strong Ne and sense opportunities rather well. They also think often in terms of efficiency. And their Ej temperament makes them quite tireless workers.

But I think the main reason is that they have almost no attachment for things. They are the kind of people who will sell you their car in the spot if they think they are getting significantly more than its market value. Or the house. Or whatever. For the LIE, very few things if any have emotional value and certainly, they tend to disregard emotional value when it comes to transactions. And that means a lot of freedom and money in your pocket to take advantage of even more opportunities.

If you analyze how most people think and handle themselves, they are usually the opposite of this. For example, they'd rather buy a house than to rent one and have a million in the pocket to invest in something more productive.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@William - You changed your type again! Now, send me some money too.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    The problem is that ENTP is defined as an indecisive and imaginative as opposed to practical type. Having a career requires a deal of logistical ability that is opposite to those attributes, meaning that anyone with trouble holding a career can be typed as ENTP and vice versa. That makes for a selection bias favoring low achievers as ENTPs and high achievers as [e.g.] ENTJs, commiting the circular fallacy, and precasting the study's conclusions as recapitulations of the original type definitions.
    Yeah, exactly.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    You do know that xerx is an ILE, correct?
    Yes, but I still agree with his reasoning. What's wrong with that?

More extensively, if you want to hold down a good job for any extended period of time and you're not a entrepreneur / self-employed, you will be forced to develop a lot of "J" personality traits, which will generally skew your results.

It could be further argued that since we're talking about household income, entjs are just more likely to marry wealthy people

They are the kind of people who will sell you their car in the spot if they think they are getting significantly more than its market value. Or the house. Or whatever. For the LIE, very few things if any have emotional value and certainly, they tend to disregard emotional value when it comes to transactions. And that means a lot of freedom and money in your pocket to take advantage of even more opportunities.
    Yeah that's correct. I'm sure it's not limited to LIEs, though.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yes, but I still agree with his reasoning. What's wrong with that?
    and the reasoning was?

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not in every case.

How much do you need?
    William has money to burn!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How much do you need?
    As your accountant...I would advise that you do not make this transaction
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html