Thread: The Importance of one's Hidden Agenda

Threaded View

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Importance of one's Hidden Agenda

I know it's been some time since I've last posted. However, for the past year or so I have been studying a number of personality theories, trying to come to fresh perspectives about socionics. One pet theory I've recently developed is that our relations - specifically conflict and duality - have a lot to do with the hidden agenda. In other words, one's hidden agenda is more important to our personality structure than what most socionists think. I came to this conclusion by deeply introspecting about my life. I asked myself several questions: Why do I mind Se-egos? Why do I seek out Fe-egos? Or, alternatively: Why do I struggle with people? Why do I get along with people? I looked at my life, and noticed that, for some strange reason, I identify with the "ILE uncovered" description at socionics.com, and the "hidden agenda" of the ILE. I asked myself, "Does this play a role in my personality?" I realized that it does in a big way! In my case, I am constantly noticing how much people act like they either like me or dislike me in my relations. And, much like the socionics.com description says, I never talk about it and expect it from people, to the point that it makes me angry when people imply that they don't like me. This lead me to a strange conclusion: I greatly enjoy Fe-egos, because they are so friendly - they seem to like everyone, especially me. This seems to please my hidden agenda. By the same token, Se-egos are not exactly impolite, but bluntly honest, often making it clear that they don't like people - once again, especially me. Therefore, my personality structure seems deeply connected to my hidden agenda. In other words, if my hidden agenda is based upon how much people act like they like me - similar to that of the Inventor - I seem to seek out and be repelled by the notion of people touching on this function by the way they act. This would mean that the hidden agenda is the same as the suggestive and vulnerable functions! Or, that the the three are inter-connected. And that is exactly why, even though I seem exactly like the inventor, I call myself "analyst"; I am attracted to Fe-egos and repelled by Se-egos - because of how they act toward my likeable traits. This is similar to what I would expect in my dual; someone who is reasonably intelligent, who likes learning from me, and who is picked on by the critic for not being "intelligent enough." In other words, just as I'm reasonably likeable, they are reasonably intelligent, and, just as I offer them intelligence, they offer me friendliness in return, and picking on our "hidden agenda" would only get either of us upset. Therefore, I must ask: do you think that there is something to this? I.e. that one's hidden agenda plays a key role in our relations... In any event, just a thought...
    Last edited by jason_m; 11-06-2013 at 04:10 AM.