Thread: Family issuez - counseling?

Creepy-female

Default Family issuez - counseling?

Last edited by female; 07-09-2015 at 06:27 AM.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you still talk to them? My family sort of did that to me when they were alive. If they were still alive I probably wouldn't speak to them at all. What the hell use is it to have a bunch of useless as people in your life who make you feel like shit? Who cares if you're related. Fuck them.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I hate to say it, and I love my family, but distance works best for me.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boundaries Dolphin. Take some time thinking through some boundaries that will work for you, make them very clear and stick to them. I had to do it myself recently with a family member, they rebelled at first... it's like making rles for children...behaviour habits are learned and if we do not make it clear to people what it and is not ok, and show them that consistantly...then they continue with the patterns.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Like Joss Whedon, I believe in found families more then I believe in blood. So I think realistically the only choice might be to like psychologically detach, if they are always going to find some way to manipulate your above average heartfelt perspective.

Gain complete financial independence, find out the place *you* want to live and what you wanna do without tied up to relationships - because it's your life. There's no shame in cutting the ties if they can't meet you halfway and if they dump everything on you just because you're the kind compassionate one.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

1. Go for education... pick a place you may want to go away for college. This way you can live in the dorm so that you may slowly build a purpose and distance at the same time.
    If you can't afford it go for a student loan. That's what it's for...don't worry about paying it back right away. Use it, take advantage of the opportunity. That's what it's for.

^Good start.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SEER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Ehhhhh

It's pretty much the only way. Moving out. Even if the house comes with a lock on your door--and they somehow don't get super pissed about you using it--you're still under their roof. Attempts to establish any sort of boundaries is taken as an affront to their "authority." For whatever reason, it doesn't register for some parents to treat their children as actual people once they've grown. They need a wake-up call. Like, YOUR door from YOUR place shutting in their face when they've crossed your clearly established boundaries. Or just hanging up the phone when they've called you at the comfort of your own home to give you a hard time.

Cause, you know, parents are perfectly content on banging on your bedroom door. But, yelling and banging on the front door of someone else's home? That's something only mad men do, and they know it. That realization that they are the ones who have to step out of line in a major way to give you a hard time is the reality they need.

Okay storytime. My father used to frequently call me and give me a hard time about one thing or another. One day, however, I was having a real bad time then he calls and decides to add to it. When it rains it pours, right? WELL NOT THIS TIME. When he kept going and going I just hung up the phone on him. And ignored his calls. Fast forward a bit he finds me at my nephews birthday party and we talked. It had been much better after that. Until one day where I got a cat. And I needed a place to stay where I could keep her. A place like my dad's place. My god how quickly he reverted. I stared transferring my stuff back to my car when I found another place to stay, and he stood in the door to block my path. With that look on his face that said "Really? Is that how it is?" Yeah really asshole step out of the way I'm not going to put up with this. But, no I was far more cordial than that.

It's really hard and scary putting your foot down on family. Family who take you for granted and do whatever they do to you and expect you to take it your whole life. Cause that's parent's and their special privilege. You have to teach them if they want to spend any time with you it has to be on your terms. The only way to do that is if you have your own place. And if that's not enough well they are probably a lost cause.

TIM
    α-ω
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the only thing one can do at this point is whatever one needs to do to bring oneself the greatest peace of mind in the long run. Asking oneself whether one would have any regrets if they died tomorrow could also be a helpful exercise. One also needs to realize that they are only being themselves and that one can't change who they are or their behavior. One can't make them want to change if they don't want to. All one can do is change the way one interacts with them to possibly get them to realize things on their own. Otherwise, one either has to cut all ties or has to learn to view them not as ones family, but the way a psychologist would observe them – with a detached fascination ... so that one manages to stay out of the insane asylum. Basically, as egoistic as this sounds but one needs to focus on oneself because the only one one can change here is oneself, and it's about ones mental health at some point.
    "The spirit of resistance to government
    is so valuable on certain occasions,
    that I wish it to be always kept alive.
    It will often be exercised when wrong
    but better so than not to be exercised at all.
    I like a little rebellion now and then.
    It is like a storm in the atmosphere."
    Thomas Jefferson

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it is suppossd to be good to communicate, but agree with @Kim that there are times when a little distance really helps. Absence makes the heart grow fonder
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k