Thread: Benzos - Lorazepam

Creepy-female

Default Benzos - Lorazepam

Last edited by female; 07-09-2015 at 06:32 AM.

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Hey so I've heard many many warnings about how benzos are soo addicting and doing them is a short stop to be penniless and face down in an alley somwhere. I was wondering if you lovely folks have heard of Lorazepam and what your experiences have been on it. Thanks
    I've used it in the past when I had a diet-related anxiety disorder and couldn't find xanax. I also used it for coming down from stimulants, works great for that. I wouldn't recommend taking it too often or for a long time. I remember it as being very similar to xanax, usually felt spaced out, somewhat detached from my environment, floating feeling, sleepiness, mental numbness.

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, I'm not sure how sensitive you are, but that's a low dose. I was taking 2.5mg and 5mg, but that was what it took to calm me down. How do you like it?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae16t View Post
    They gave me three of these, two times a day:

http://www.drugs.com/imprints/93-833-115.html
    I take the same benzo (clonazepam) but here it's in the form of 2mg scored tablets. Well it works very good for me, because I have GAD, so actually I can even somedays only take 1 before going to bed, but I can't stop otherwise it'll be really like hell. They are useful for a variety of disorders, and probably you didn't react well to Clonazepam (many people don't) so your doc should have tried another benzo like Lorazepam or Alprazolam. From my experience people who don't respond well to Clonazepam tend to respond very well to Alprazolam and vice-versa. So you'd probably be saying that benzos are great things and everyone should take them by now lol. Psychiatrists know when and why to give a benzo to someone, if there is a disorder which can only be handled with them or the life of the subject becomes hell, then it's better to take a benzo daily than to live like hell.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are very addictive; be careful. However, if you're prescribed, then follow the doctors instructions and let them know when you decide to stop taking them. They're very physically addicting if you take them too often. You build up a tolerance very quickly if you take them very regularly, and require a higher and higher dose to be affective, and you will need to be weaned off.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have diazapam for flying, it's pretty special. It does relax the mind, but yes highly addictive. Small doses, I think i had 2mg tablets and I took 2-3 of them every 4-6 hours when flying. I really enjoy them, enough to know never to take them unless I really need to...i.e when flying. The nature of addicition is such that, when taking them for anxiety or panic moods or states of mania etc when they wear off the mind (as it progressively becomes more addicted) will trigger stress states to trick you into believing you require more and you may spiral in panic and paranoia. Of course it's complex because you do become resistant to them also...and the dose will most likley have to be increased during long term prescription. I think the thing is though, to weigh up the options. Don't be dictated to but do listen to people you trust and take that into consideration.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imo there is a lot of things which are myths concerning benzodiazepines. One of them is that of the 'tolerance'. It does not happen to most people. The 'tolerance-effect' was an invention of the pharmaceutical industry to justify to doctors why people were asking for more than needed, increasing their doses, and that answer is quite obvious, they did that to get high. There is no such thing as 'benzodiazepine tolerance', but for the first few decades after the introduction of Diazepam, it worked well for the industry, mainly Roche company, to say that benzos were drugs which the individual became more and more tolerant and had to dose up, of course they were not only getting an excuse for selling more and making more money out of benzos with that 'tolerance' thing, they were also preserving benzos from being criticised for having a potential for abuse, a potential for people using them to get high. The funny part of it is that Roche is now trying to disprove this theory, claiming that in fact the users who acquire tolerance are actually abusers like dope fiends. But this failed terribly and even moreso after the FDA recognized BOTH reasons as a concern regarding benzos: the 'tolerance' myth and the abuse potential. They had already lost the patent on all of their Benzos and had to lower prices a bit.

Anyway the benzos are still a very positive way out of some complicated situations and disorders.

For me, the terrible thing that has been going on in the pharma industry is the total and almost obbligatory implementation of 'atypical antipsychotics', newer antipsychotics with fewer side effects as substitutes for benzos lol ! Astra-Zeneca even has the lack of complete morality as to say in their papers to doctors that Seroquel can actually substitute benzos, even though seroquel will only slightly affect the anxiety by giving the user a feeling of being a little high, and the mechanism of action is that of an antipsychotic (Dopamine D2 receptors inhibition) not of an ansiolitic (GabaA binding and increase in Gaba levels in the brain).

This has lead the industry to put millions of dollars into a campaign of difamation of all benzos (because they are too cheap compared to the newer antipsychotics) and aggressively attack Benzos in a way that most people now actually believe all this BS that is said about benzos.
    Yes they will be physically addictive. But you won't suffer much if you gradually lower the dose unless you really need them, so this serves as a test to determine whether someone needs a benzo really or not. Yes they have a potential for abuse if you are irresponsible. But it is YOUR life! If you choose to abuse Benzos it's less damaging for you than to abuse alcohol.

The most definite fact that I have found about benzos, taking them for 16 years now with some stoppings, is that they tend to increase depression if you are depressed, and tend to lower your general mood, if you take them every day. This is the least that the pharma companies say, because this is not as strong as 'tolerance' and 'addiction'... my past psy doc told me that it was all BS of the pharma industry and that any antidepressant can also be addictive, some of them highly addictive. But they cannot attack antidepressants yet because they profit a lot from them, so they targeted the products which give them less profit, and which are manufactered as originals mainly by French company Roche: benzos. This is a true American cartel of pharma industries against Roche war, for money, and has little to do with anyone's health or well-being.

edit: if you want to know more about all this gradual implementation of atypical antipsychotic drugs for the general population in western countries, just read some Psychiatry magazine which has adds in it. You'll see tons of adds of these drugs promising miracles to doctors lol. And most doctors end up buying that BS because they think these meds will be better. In fact atypical antipsychotics are VERY DANGEROUS to your heart, liver, kidneys AND on top of all that, to the brain chemistry, as they kill so-called grey brain cells over time, something benzos never did, they have no impact on brain chemistry if you stop taking them your brain returns to normal, unlike with antipsychotics.
    Last edited by Airman; 11-02-2013 at 06:39 AM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say if you need medication because of an anxiety disorder go to a therapy.

If you just want to distract yourself and feel good - I just think it's the wrong way. Do something else, go out into nature, do sports, something to make your endorphines work. This will feel better.
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...