Thread: INTj and ENTp enneagram SX instinct and romance

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTj and ENTp enneagram SX instinct and romance

Hi are there any Alpha NTs who have the SX Enneagram instinct? Most importantly do understand the difference and similarities between SX and SO, confusingly both insticts are interested in one on one relationships and socializing so people often mistype; I'm hoping those of you who type as SX understand that its about how you are energetically charged in 1 on 1 relations.

Alpha NT Sx
    So far my hypothesis has been that if you indeed type yourself as both alpha NT and Enneainstict Sx, you should find gulenko's romance styles bilwidering since they seem to expect you to be So. Sx leans more towards what he calls aggression yet that is also bewildering to real Sx types. Any who what do you Alpha Sx guys think?

If there are Alpha SF Sx please respond too

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have sx in my top two (probably sp/sx, but I'm not really worried about it) and I disagree. I don't find the romance styles very bewildering at all, and I definitely don't lean towards aggression myself lol. I'm super infantile.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always interpreted Sx as being correlated with Sensing in some way.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    why?

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post
    why?
    Idunno. Probably the focused intensity. Sensors tend to be much more narrowed in on things than intuitives.

I'm not saying there aren't Sx intuitives. I'm just saying it seems to appear much more frequently in sensors.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Azure Flame & @Soupman
    I'm curious, as I do find the descriptions bewildering when it comes to romantic styles/erotic attitudes... I mean I can see a SEI/ILE dynamic in everyday life reminiscent a bit of those styles, but how on earth are they supposed to translate into bedroom? This just sounds like complete utter nonsense to me.
    Do SEI/ILE couples really do act like that in intimate moments, too? If so who and how would know? (I don't suppose Gulenko actually sits in their bedroom, lol).
    If (as SEI female) I don't identify with this at all and am either so/sx or sx/so - does this attidute of mine point towards sx/so?
    I'm trying to understand sth here, cause tbh every time I read the caregiver/infantile descriptions I just open my eyes wider and wider, as such intimate relationship just sounds so so bad, and a bit 'yucky' incest-like... gah.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    @Azure Flame & @Soupman
    I'm curious, as I do find the descriptions bewildering when it comes to romantic styles/erotic attitudes... I mean I can see a SEI/ILE dynamic in everyday life reminiscent a bit of those styles, but how on earthe are they supposed to translate into bedroom? This just sounds like complete utter nonsense to me.
    Do SEI/ILE couple really do act like that in intimate moments, too? If so who and how would know (I don't suppose Gulenko actually sits in their bedroom, lol).
    If I don't identify with this at all and am either so/sx or sx/so - does this attidute of mine point towards sx/so?
    I'm trying to understand sth here, cause tbh honest every time I read the caregiver/infantile descriptions I just open my eyes wider and wider, as such intimate relationship just sunds so bad, and a bit 'yucky' incest-like... gah.
    Its not for all SEI ILE, the subtype theory pretty much refines that. Actually some ILE are agressors, victims or caregivers, with the same applying for SEI.

Socionists aren't scared of exploring such sensitive areas. Also note that types are also ranked in terms of their fit into the corporate world. ESTJ rank highest followed by ESTP then ENTJ and ENTP. The worst types for the corporate world are in declining oder INFP as worst then INFJ, ISFP and ISFJ.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soupman View Post
    Its not for all SEI ILE, the subtype theory pretty much refines that. Actually some ILE are agressors, victims or caregivers, with the same applying for SEI.

Socionists aren't scared of exploring such sensitive areas. Also note that types are also ranked in terms of their fit into the corporate world. ESTJ rank highest followed by ESTP then ENTJ and ENTP. The worst types for the corporate world are in declining oder INFP as worst then INFJ, ISFP and ISFJ.
    ok, that makes much more sense when you put it in words this way, thank you. And yeah, I can definitely agree from my observations with LIEs and (some) ILEs being suited for the corporate world and SEIs not (corporate environment - when I was in one - pretty much made me want to scratch my eyes out, lol).

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    I've seen SX being taken for being an ethical type in socionics or one of Beta types. As a primary instinct it adds an emotional/dramatic flair to the person; as a secondary instinct - good interpersonal relational skills, which is very easy to assume for Fi/Fe.

It's usually the SP instinct that gets mistaken for sensing:

Topics SP types might bring up in conversation: food, dining out, dieting, nutrition, health, fitness, appearance and looks, money, savings and sales, shopping, quality or durability of objects, clothing, design, home decor, employment, benefits, insurance, comfort, strength, vitality, sickness, death, discomfort, noise, safety, security, environment, resource management, physical sciences, engineering, architecture.
    ... all of which can be interpreted as the person having Si or Se in their ego block.

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my estimation, the instinctual variants just mean:

SP: focus turning inward/ on self
    SX: focus on one thing/person, in a laser-like fashion
    SO: focus easily diffused over many things/people

I don't think instinctual variant stackings determine your interests or the things you bring up in conversation.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^^ you're describing only energy dynamics here ...I think stackings indirectly influence what is important to ppl and what they almost automatically bring up.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only alpha nt sx dom (sx/so) that comes to my mind is Aquagraph, and I would never confuse him for an aggressor. If anything, the sx first stacking seems to make one's romance style appear stronger ime.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

People interpreting stacking even though it reads what it reads when it comes to them. Werd and gay.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soupman View Post
    Hi are there any Alpha NTs who have the SX Enneagram instinct? Most importantly do understand the difference and similarities between SX and SO, confusingly both insticts are interested in one on one relationships and socializing so people often mistype; I'm hoping those of you who type as SX understand that its about how you are energetically charged in 1 on 1 relations.

Alpha NT Sx
    So far my hypothesis has been that if you indeed type yourself as both alpha NT and Enneainstict Sx, you should find gulenko's romance styles bilwidering since they seem to expect you to be So. Sx leans more towards what he calls aggression yet that is also bewildering to real Sx types. Any who what do you Alpha Sx guys think?

If there are Alpha SF Sx please respond too
    ime Sx first (especially sx/so) makes one more aggressive , but this doesn't have to interfere with Gulenko's "erotic attitudes" (which have to do with perception functions). Or if it does, it just adds some nuances. I don't really see why one would even try to correlate these 2.

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    ^^^ you're describing only energy dynamics here ...I think stackings indirectly influence what is important to ppl and what they almost automatically bring up.
    Well, I think the numbered part of Enneagram is bull, so...I may just stick to socionics.

TIM
    ILE-Ti 6w7 683 so/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sx/so ILE, and it massively boots my role Se. I think a sx LII would be more of the soft sx, boosting Fi.
    cp6w7-3w2-8w7 sx/so ILE--D

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand the so, sx, sp thing other than the superficial details, but I believe I am sx. I will read the requested material and evaluate my relationship to it. Honestly, though, my whole enneagram understanding, while being fairly deep, is likely plaugued with misunderstanding.

Nope, checks out for me.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko