Thread: What types have VALUED Fe? And about my type

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What types have VALUED Fe? And about my type.

From my perspective all types that have Fe on egoblock are Fe-valuers. But what about other types?

I am sometimes wondering myself whether I'm Fe-valuer, sometimes I have a sort of slight euphoria and that is great, it does not get to the point of bipolar though. It seems that positive emotions, strongly experienced, bring me a sense of self-confidence and strength and also of certainty that life is ultimately a good thing. This could be related do Si-valuing though, because Si has to do with states of mind and body. But definitely has me bewildered because I am even considering ESFj as a possible type for me.

So what types VALUE Fe? I seem to value both Fe and Fi. But I love parties, loud music and things like that. As a hobby I'm a DJ, and I play electronic music. Does this tell something about my possible type? ISTp fits well?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post
    From my perspective all types that have Fe on egoblock are Fe-valuers. But what about other types?
    Types that have Fe in their Super-id block - and, therefore, Ti in their Ego block - are also Fe-valuing. So, all Alphas and Betas are supposed to value Fe. (I'm no Socionics expert, though, but if I'm mistaken on this, there's something fundamentally wrong with every Socionics resource I've found on the net...)

But the question is, what does it actually mean to "value" a function in Socionics? What's the definition? I believe "valued" in Socionics means something different than "valued" in everyday sense, and that's why it is so confusing. You may consciously "value" a function and the aspects stereotypically associated with it, but it may have nothing to do with the way your psyche is structured. For example, I'm equally confused about Te: I believe I'm an Alpha type, but I feel I greatly "value Te" and things related to it. Actually, the same goes for Fi, too, but only Fi-creatives. Leading Fi types are just... people I end up butting heads with.

I know my reply didn't really help you, but I'm fascinated by your typing troubles and am very curious about which type you end up being, because I have huge difficulties telling LSI and SLI types apart. The same goes for LII and ILI as well. These types are supposed to have entirely different functions, but they seem so very similar on the surface!

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've been here for four years and still don't know what types value Fe? At least go look at Wikisocion or something.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sometimes wondering myself whether I'm Fe-valuer, sometimes I have a sort of slight euphoria and that is great, it does not get to the point of bipolar though. It seems that positive emotions, strongly experienced, bring me a sense of self-confidence and strength and also of certainty that life is ultimately a good thing.
    Only Fe ego types are capable of experiencing that. If you get it, you're definitely an Fe-ego instead of Fe dual seeking, for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a father and son whom I type as SLI and LSI, repectively. The.y are both quiet and work hard, anx don't appear that. different on the surface. The son really enjoys going to parties and concerts with friends and participates in the Fe atmosphere. The father is not really comfortable in large groups andmaintains the same calm demeanor , not really celebrating the way the LSI does. The LSI is more likely to expend himself working on a project. The SLI is more careful with his resources, being Si valuing. Sorry about the typos, my phone won't let me go back and correct them unless I erase everything.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    You've been here for four years and still don't know what types value Fe? At least go look at Wikisocion or something.
    There is some untrustworthy data on Wikisocion.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Dix View Post
    Types that have Fe in their Super-id block - and, therefore, Ti in their Ego block - are also Fe-valuing. So, all Alphas and Betas are supposed to value Fe. (I'm no Socionics expert, though, but if I'm mistaken on this, there's something fundamentally wrong with every Socionics resource I've found on the net...)

But the question is, what does it actually mean to "value" a function in Socionics? What's the definition? I believe "valued" in Socionics means something different than "valued" in everyday sense, and that's why it is so confusing. You may consciously "value" a function and the aspects stereotypically associated with it, but it may have nothing to do with the way your psyche is structured. For example, I'm equally confused about Te: I believe I'm an Alpha type, but I feel I greatly "value Te" and things related to it. Actually, the same goes for Fi, too, but only Fi-creatives. Leading Fi types are just... people I end up butting heads with.

I know my reply didn't really help you, but I'm fascinated by your typing troubles and am very curious about which type you end up being, because I have huge difficulties telling LSI and SLI types apart. The same goes for LII and ILI as well. These types are supposed to have entirely different functions, but they seem so very similar on the surface!
    Actually Ari Dix, your post was very useful. This is very much what I also think and what I also have trouble with. One clarifying thing is that it is hard in Socionics to distinguish quasi-identical types, i.e., in four-letter code, types which share the same first 3 letters but are different as only Rational/Irrational. So it is natural to be unable to tell between the two at least with no intimacy with them. I have also a hard time distinguishing INTp from INTj but there are some remarkable differences, the INTj is more of an analyst and intellectual, while the INTp is more practical and often works more in an area which may not like; the INTj will only work in an area which he/she enjoys and is also more open to ideas, general flights of philosophical nature and possibilities, while I see ILI as being more encroached in their own view, and this is surprising if you go by Socionics theory only, because in theory a Ti-leading type would be more closed to other views, always sticking to a certain system of his own, while a Te-creative would be more open to new ideas. On the other hand this is explained by the INTj having Ne as creative function and INTp having Ni as leading function. Ni absorbs the individual into his/her own flights of ideas, while Ne opens the individual to others' flights of ideas. So there is much more to this Socionics thing as would be seen before a thorough investigation in both practical and theoretical fields.

I also have a hard time telling SLE for LSE and LSI from SLI, but as per Ananke's advice years ago, I go by the Quadra values to determine, which I really do not know if are trustworthy in being applied to every single case. Some Betas can seem Deltas and vice-versa, so this makes another trouble.

My confusion about my type is that while I strongly value Si, I very much enjoy these slight euphorias which I relate to Fe, so there are the following possibilities for that: Si-creative with Te as leading, LSE, or Te as role function and Fe leading and Si creative, ESE.

The problem of typing increases because in Socionics Introversion/Extroversion is not really in deciding whether someone is introverted or extroverted, it is more about the leading function being an extroverted one or introverted one. So for example a Te-SLI would be more reminding of an extrovert because of prevalence of Te, while an Si-ESE would be more reminding of an Introvert because of the prevalence of Si. Another thing is that I have recently reconsidered this dichotomy and found out that in Socionics it is better to type as per Ego-block functions than to use the four dichotomies. This makes a theoretically whole different system of typing based on IEs placement within the function, and not in simple 4 dichotomies which can be so misleading in Socionics.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    Only Fe ego types are capable of experiencing that. If you get it, you're definitely an Fe-ego instead of Fe dual seeking, for example.
    Are you sure of what you said? Only Fe ego types experience and enjoy slight euphorias? Imo this is a very rough generalization.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lul.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure of what you said? Only Fe ego types experience and enjoy slight euphorias? Imo this is a very rough generalization.
    Always, whenever I hear the term "euphoria" O__o:

But I know what you mean, only for me it's also connected to the phenomena known as "flow". And I think this is something everyone can experience. Though I have to admit I have never seen an euphoric SLI. At least the two people I've known who I would type SLI are always extremely pessimistic and if they are happy, they maybe smile a little bit, but I've never seen them burst in laughter.
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Only Fe egos experience a slight euphoria and positive emotions? Holy fuck. I guess all Gammas and Deltas must experience negative emotions all the time. That's pretty messed up rationale.
    Holy molly, are you saying Delta and Gamma are Fe valuing?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...OP tries hard to derail his own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Dix View Post
    But the question is, what does it actually mean to "value" a function in Socionics? What's the definition? I believe "valued" in Socionics means something different than "valued" in everyday sense, and that's why it is so confusing. You may consciously "value" a function and the aspects stereotypically associated with it, but it may have nothing to do with the way your psyche is structured.
    False.
    Valued - seen as valuable. Normal definition that fits the use of it in socionics.
    According to socionics psyche is structured to receive some types of information better than others. Actually needs them to positively balance the psyche in case of valued elements one doesn't produce much oneself. So they are actually valuable not just seen as such.
    Also since the valued elements are the ones one processes best, smoothly to the pleasantness, there is bias to information and perspective that can and usually does pull whole worldviews and characters in certain directions.

Fe vs Fi as valued.
    Fe valuers direct their attention and care
    to motivation, will, love, hate, fear, hope everything in between and around that.
    What the person wants and has a will to do.
    Once that core is sorted out, everything in relationship or in general behavior is just technicalities to be sorted out and agreed upon logically.

Fi valuers look at actions towards other people and implied cerebrally high level ego constructs of honor, civility, humanity or something along those lines with differences between the standards.(yeah, yeah delta NF look at more than actions)
    Then primarily moralize or punish to get those where they want them to be.

For Fi people feelings follow and are a shadow of relationship which is the base. For Fe people feelings are the base with relationship as interface worthless without them. This diametrically flipped approach/priorities are big deal for a romantic relationship.

Do take my bias in to account.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No wonder Fi is better in any activity, for example when I've got only a hammer, Fi tells me to not treat everything as a nail...

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure it won't lead you wrong about something that basic. That's... "quadras" basic.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet you suspected yourself to be a Fe-valuer based on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari