Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: touchups

  1. #1
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

  2. #2
    kadda1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hessen, Germany
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    660
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thought this was already well known. :/
    I just don't understand why models have to be that thin in the first place. Just eat more, I would say.
    I mean nobody considers this extreme thinness as beautiful. Only gay fashion designers, it seems. They don't appreciate female shapes. -__-
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

  3. #3
    squirreltual's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLI 9 sp/sx
    Posts
    809
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have a problem with people blaming the models themselves and an inverse thin-shaming thingy I've seen take hold.

    If you are checking out a model's body on the catwalk instead of the clothes, it kind of seems like you're missing the point. They are meant to be akin to wire coat hangers: generic, streamline, barely there. I don't think high fashion is meant to be about women as much as fantasy. It doesn't pretend otherwise.

    Being a model is a thankless job as it is, never mind being sniped at from all sides. If you don't like it you can boycott it or pester people higher up rather than further this whole ridiculousness about which type of body is more beautiful. To me, that just feeds the issue and seems more about personal taste or in other cases disguised snarkiness.

    Other media like to blame the fashion industry, when imo they are more the source of the problem of warped mindsets. The problem lies more with celebrities/TV etc. people who claim to represent "everyday people" and fail. That is far more insidious.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    White
    TIM
    FSE
    Posts
    715
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not all models are fashion models. Non-fashion models usually have curves.....some are even BBW!!!

    I like the images on the left more than the right, probably because I like definition in the hips. I have the same thing on my hips and have never had any related flat tires or breakdowns or any such thing. I don't see how the touched up images are any better than the one on the left. Also, I'm more interested in the left images because that is actually how they are. I don't find bony women particularly more attractive than women whose ribs and hips are concealed, but I am more attracted to bodies that are real, not concealed with flattering clothes, poses or, in this case, digital enhancement
    Last edited by lagerdemon; 10-30-2013 at 12:34 AM.

  5. #5
    kadda1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hessen, Germany
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    660
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legerdemain View Post
    Not all models are fashion models. Non-fashion models usually have curves.....some are even BBW!!!

    I like the images on the left more than the right, probably because I like definition in the hips. I have the same thing on my hips and have never had any related flat tires or breakdowns or any such thing. I don't see how the touched up images are any better than the one on the left. Also, I'm more interested in the left images because that is actually how they are. I don't find bony women particularly more attractive than women whose ribs and hips are concealed, but I am more attracted to bodies that are real, not concealed with flattering clothes, poses or, in this case, digital enhancement
    Models who pose for underwear usually are not as thin as normal models.

    The definition of the hip is something I associate with male bodies. Just take a look at ancient Greek statues. But it's not that much of a female attribute, I think. :/
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    White
    TIM
    FSE
    Posts
    715
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    Models who pose for underwear usually are not as thin as normal models.

    The definition of the hip is something I associate with male bodies. Just take a look at ancient Greek statues. But it's not that much of a female attribute, I think. :/
    it is if the girl is skinny, even many average-sized women have well defined hips.

  7. #7
    kadda1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hessen, Germany
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    660
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legerdemain View Post
    it is if the girl is skinny, even many average-sized women have well defined hips.
    It seems a certain muscle is responsible for whether that defined line on the hip can be seen or not, the "obliquus externus abdomis".
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

  8. #8
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,621
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    thats why i dont like stuff like this http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...r-ideal-figure
    they're not even reallllllllllllllllllllllll

  9. #9
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not sure if Karlie Kloss is the best example of someone that has weight issues. She seems to be just really thin naturally.

    If you watch the video of the numero shoot, you'll see that she's not just thin but she's ripped. I'm not sure if you can get that ripped if you're not eating. I don't think she's anorexic as she's like 19 in that picture and about 6 feet tall. She's filling out a bit however.

    Karlie is actually a lingerie model as well, she's a Victoria Secret's angel.

  10. #10
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,808
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I'm not sure if Karlie Kloss is the best example of someone that has weight issues. She seems to be just really thin naturally.

    If you watch the video of the numero shoot, you'll see that she's not just thin but she's ripped. I'm not sure if you can get that ripped if you're not eating. I don't think she's anorexic as she's like 19 in that picture and about 6 feet tall. She's filling out a bit however.

    Karlie is actually a lingerie model as well, she's a Victoria Secret's angel.
    Yeah. Not sure if this pic is doctored, but she looks great here



    Oh, and look at that booty



    The first pic made her look like she had no muscle.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    White
    TIM
    FSE
    Posts
    715
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    that ass is popping out all over the place, but it'd still fit comfortably in my lap mmmm. Why does everyone have to be down on thin people? You don't see ppl going around saying, omg, look at that average person, she's sooooo average sized, wtf is wrong with her???

  12. #12
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    WOW how did she get that butt?

  13. #13
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,808
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Squats
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  14. #14
    kadda1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hessen, Germany
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    660
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    White
    TIM
    FSE
    Posts
    715
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    What is the purpose of mandatory disclosure of image manipulation? Is the intent to force companies to hire women with perfect bodies? Oh those poor, imperfect models, what will they do for work now?

  16. #16
    kadda1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hessen, Germany
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    660
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legerdemain View Post
    What is the purpose of mandatory disclosure of image manipulation? Is the intent to force companies to hire women with perfect bodies? Oh those poor, imperfect models, what will they do for work now?
    I don't know. I just saw that video today by chance and wanted to share it. Because I actually think, she looks kind of creepy at the end, especially after the stretched her neck.
    And some girls who look at such pictures will think of themselves as not beautiful enough. I don't care much about advertisements, but others do. Maybe it's kind of strange to think that the beauty standard is something that isn't even real. I mean, no woman looks actually like that, it's anatomically impossible and still some girls think it would be better to look like that. Don't know, if you can follow. :/

    I think, image manipulation is ok, but do they need to overdo it to the point that model looks like an alien?! O__o
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

  17. #17
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,621
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    just like any other advertising its designed to make people feel uncomfortable and dissatisfied enough with their lives to justify spending money (in this case, to the beauty industry) to "fix" their problems. so it's designed deliberately to be unrealistic and make women feel bad about themselves because that's how profit is made. you can choose not to buy into the bullshit but that's harder for adolescents to do.

  18. #18
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think we should ban beer, because some people who drink beer might not get very drunk and they might worry that they don't drink enough.

  19. #19
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,621
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    (i can't watch the video so i don't have any opinion on whatever that was about, ftr)

    i just see people wishing they had the body of X celebrity or whatever and it strikes me as so naive like don't you know the first thing about advertising and media? wtf

  20. #20
    boom boom boom blackburry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,269
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    psh who cares? don't buy magizines if you're absolutely against it.

    I'm indifferent.

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    White
    TIM
    FSE
    Posts
    715
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    I don't know. I just saw that video today by chance and wanted to share it. Because I actually think, she looks kind of creepy at the end, especially after the stretched her neck.
    And some girls who look at such pictures will think of themselves as not beautiful enough. I don't care much about advertisements, but others do. Maybe it's kind of strange to think that the beauty standard is something that isn't even real. I mean, no woman looks actually like that, it's anatomically impossible and still some girls think it would be better to look like that. Don't know, if you can follow. :/

    I think, image manipulation is ok, but do they need to overdo it to the point that model looks like an alien?! O__o
    As someone who's lived within a few miles of hot delicious beaches for most of my life, I can assure you there are many women who do not need to be touched up for magazine covers. I don't think touching up is necessary, even when the model has obvious physical flaws, but I don't see why it's such a big deal it they do it. There are worse things happening to women around the world. If you don't like touched up images, then don't buy the product it's being used to sell.

    Imo, touching up or even, in the case of your video, extreme alterations of physical attributes isn't much different than the crinoline and the corset, the main difference is the technology has advanced. My personal preference would be that women use less makeup, worry less about fashion and other things that hide their perceived flaws, instead they should focus their time, money and efforts on something more constructive, but the only thing preventing women from doing so is their own vanity. Maybe someday a majority of women will stop giving their money away to fashion designers and makeup manufacturers, stop watching celebrity gossip shows and refuse to purchase women's magazines(product brochures in disguise).

  22. #22
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,469
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    agree with image manipulation being a good thing . prolly the best weapon against body dysmorphic disorder (at least in the context of an image- obsessed society).
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •