Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 60

Thread: Introverted sensing Si PoLR for EIEs-ENFjs

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Introverted sensing Si PoLR for EIEs-ENFjs

    I have some trouble translating the Si polr I know in ENTjs to ENFjs. Can some of you give some descriptions here?

  2. #2
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Si polr in ENFj

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    I have some trouble translating the Si polr I know in ENTjs to ENFjs. Can some of you give some descriptions here?
    The main difference I can see, is an ENFj tries hard to compensate, refuse to admit that they are weak in that area. I could think of some examples maybe, but I'm pretty sure I'm not really giving you what you want...
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  3. #3
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    aren't ENTjs more like INTjs in the sense that they aren't very aware of their surroundings and aesthetics? or well, perhaps they are aware, but insecure of pushing their tastes on people. then ENFjs are always in some state of discomfort or pain and need strong sensations? perhaps provided by some gordon ramsay-ish ISTj chef.


    like the description of the si polr here - http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3763 - ENFj

    versus here -

    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3101 - ENTj


    seems like the ENTj tries more to hide their discomfort.

    Quote Originally Posted by stratievskaya
    Female ENTjs are very unwillingly occupied by the housework (ENTj - housewife - this is generally an exceptional phenomenon, especially today). The need for being torn up between the house and the business especially irritates them: "I urgently should make telemarketing, and [ --], soup I cook, it on top of that ventured this harvesting..." Leave for the care of child female ENTj also tries to combine with the least propulsion period of its career: " thus it solved: thus far even in me entire work will be adjusted, thus far still I will computer master, language teach, 4 nevertheless houses I sit [--]
    i actually relate with this. i'll probably get a maid one day because i don't like housework in the first place + i really detest the idea of becoming overloaded with housework + working full time and i don't see myself ever meeting anyone who would willingly help me with this. i'd like to think i could do one or the other, but never both. think i inherited too many of my dad's tendencies here. i don't see marriage in my future for a very long time, if ever.

  4. #4
    Red Sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    aren't ENTjs more like INTjs in the sense that they aren't very aware of their surroundings and aesthetics? or well, perhaps they are aware, but insecure of pushing their tastes on people. then ENFjs are always in some state of discomfort or pain and need strong sensations? perhaps provided by some gordon ramsay-ish ISTj chef.


    like the description of the si polr here - http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3763 - ENFj

    versus here -

    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3101 - ENTj


    seems like the ENTj tries more to hide their discomfort.

    Quote Originally Posted by stratievskaya
    Female ENTjs are very unwillingly occupied by the housework (ENTj - housewife - this is generally an exceptional phenomenon, especially today). The need for being torn up between the house and the business especially irritates them: "I urgently should make telemarketing, and [ --], soup I cook, it on top of that ventured this harvesting..." Leave for the care of child female ENTj also tries to combine with the least propulsion period of its career: " thus it solved: thus far even in me entire work will be adjusted, thus far still I will computer master, language teach, 4 nevertheless houses I sit [--]
    i actually relate with this. i'll probably get a maid one day because i don't like housework in the first place + i really detest the idea of becoming overloaded with housework + working full time and i don't see myself ever meeting anyone who would willingly help me with this. i'd like to think i could do one or the other, but never both. think i inherited too many of my dad's tendencies here. i don't see marriage in my future for a very long time, if ever.
    Well I am an ENFj and my best friend is an ENTj; he is actually very unaware of what he does (he often leaves his car lights on, for gets his keys, phone, wallet etc.) and I find myself reminding him all the time. He also finds it amusing to see other people suffer and sees feelings as a weakness which I have a problem with since I "feeling" oriented and he tends to piss me off with some very cruel jokes (verbal ones). He also says that I tend to be very ilogical (which I disagree with) and that sometimes or that I can be too direct with what I think and that I fail to see reality. Other than that we have a lot in common and tend to think a like.

  5. #5
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think it is an inability to relax, inability to be patient, and inability and wait anywhere. They're always looking at what's coming next. As soon as they get anywhere, they are ready to move onto the next place.

    OK here's a story. When I was little, my family went to the lake (I'm from Michigan so lake means REALLY REALLY BIG LAKE) and my parents insisted on leaving the house at like 8 am or something. We got to this very lovely beach at a quaint little resort town at like 9:30 am. We started splashing around a bit and my ENFj dad said, "Let's have lunch." We said we weren't really hungry yet but my mom (ENTj) got lunch together anyway. Then, after a bit more splashing, my dad said, "OK, we've eaten, the kids are wet, let's go home." We were back home by noon. So much for our day at the beach.

    May I say that this kind of thing drives me absolutely bonkers.

    In addition to having an Si PoLR, my dad is completely crazy, so it might not be as exaggerated in other Si-PoLR people. But this kind of general thing happened over and over and over again when I was a kid. I didn't know amusement parks were open after it got dark. I thought everyone left for big trips at like 5 am. I thought everyone ate early if they could so they could move onto the next thing, whether they were hungry or not. I always wondered who saw the third period of a hockey game. We always left after the second intermission so we could beat the crowd home. I hated leaving early! Why couldn't we just sit and relax, and maybe relax in our seats for a little bit after the game until the crowd had moved out, if it was such a big deal?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  6. #6
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This Si PoLR stuff all sounds very much like me. Wait, so let me get this straight -- forgetting stuff, like house keys, turning lights off, generally being very inefficient in daily, practical matters is related to bad ? I thought it was related to bad ...


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  7. #7
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    These are some polr things that I have witnessed:

    1. Health uncertainty. Especially with creative, they are worries. Need outside reassurance from other people that their health and current moment state, the present reality, is not too overwhelming for them. If they do not have such people, their health can decline easily. Require positivity from other people - despite themselves being emotionally dominant.
    2. Clumsiness, especially for ENFjs. They can be dramatic and charismatic, but often in a dreamy way.
    3. Trouble caring for other people - ENFjs may enjoy cooking, especially in the traditional female role - but can feel a great deal of pressure in such situations. One ENFj I know stresses a great deal about preparing meals for her family, even though she is a fine cook in reality.
    4. Related to 1 and 3: Also, they may over-apply treatments, and over-rest when ill. A very poor sense of recommendations when it comes to health in general. The same ENFj I mentioned clearly does not want to know what is wrong with her when she goes to the doctor, just what she needs to do ( seeking). If she knows too much, she will worry herself into despair.
    5. Victim: trouble maintaining relations with people. Expecting an aggressor to initiate things with them, sometimes ENFjs lose contact with people simply because they are unsure of how to care about them and maintain a relationship - consider how they look for an ISTj's constant presence and influence. Similarly, when they do like you, they can lavishly over-gift and give more than they need too, should they consider you in a rough spot and in need of warnings, money, sympathy, etc --- so long as you are being wise about how you use it, of course.
    6. Continuing from the previous section -- seem to have a tendency to spoil people they care about a great deal. One ENFj treats her dog to any sort of goody available, and, consequently, the dog is obese and extremely gluttonous. Overcompensates by excessively pouring gifts or treats in hopes to win appeasement or emotional appeal - similar to the ESE, but with much less skill or quantity awareness. Easily overdoes things in this way. (Again, consider the dual - LSI).
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  8. #8
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    I wonder if part of the manifestation of Si PoLR in an ENFj is being disgusted at descriptions of bodily and sexual functions and an unwillingness to be naked. (At least, I have noticed this pattern)
    Yes. They handle all forms of physical discomfort very poorly. In extremely bad cases, they can rationalize their actions based on their need for comfort, notably their requirement of a safe place to stay. May be prone to maintaining poor relationships based on comfort provided or luxuries/wealth - security ( again, consider the dual - LSI)
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  9. #9
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Related to 1 and 3: Also, they may over-apply treatments, and over-rest when ill. A very poor sense of recommendations when it comes to health in general. The same ENFj I mentioned clearly does not want to know what is wrong with her when she goes to the doctor, just what she needs to do ( seeking). If she knows too much, she will worry herself into despair.
    Is this how Ti seeking works? This seems backwards to me, at least the way I understand it - wouldn't someone seeking Te be more concerned with what to do than why? And someone seeking Ti wanting to know the reasoning? I could see it both ways - I understand Ti is concerned with conciseness, so they might just say the conclusion, whereas Te would be explicit in their reasoning probably. But Te is more concerned with independent facts than coherency, so someone seeking Te would probably be looking for what to do (the steps, the facts) rather than why (how what needs to be done fits together with their view of the world), and someone seeking Ti would want to know why everything was being done. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  10. #10
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If someone is seeking, they want terse, yes/no sort of answers. If they are seeking, they want a list of facts and ideas so they can be convinced. Too much information (Te) for an Fe type leaves them confused and overwhelmed - they need the most important facts, and not to be cluttered.

    I could see it both ways - I understand Ti is concerned with conciseness, so they might just say the conclusion, whereas Te would be explicit in their reasoning probably.
    Yes.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  11. #11
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have Si PoLR and I lose stuff. My husband's leading function is Si and he can NEVER find his keys. I need to staple them to him. He always forgets his cell phone at work and I end up having to drive it out to him.

    Anyway, this stuff is not type related IMO.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  12. #12
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    OK I thought of how to explain what I was thinking last night.

    Si PoLR is directly related to Ni creative function. I think our PoLRs are PoLRs because they directly conflict with our creative function. Like your creative function is unable to create around the PoLR, therefore it is a PoLR.

    So like creative Ni is "keep moving forward, keep moving forward". Then Si is "RELAX". But you can't move forward and relax at the same time, therefore Si is your PoLR.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  13. #13
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No, I have dual-seeking Si. My parents both have Si PoLR. But my point is misplacing things has nothing to do with Si PoLR.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  14. #14
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    I wonder if part of the manifestation of Si PoLR in an ENFj is being disgusted at descriptions of bodily and sexual functions and an unwillingness to be naked. (At least, I have noticed this pattern)
    I have noticed that, too. But I don't think it's general.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  15. #15
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    I wonder if part of the manifestation of Si PoLR in an ENFj is being disgusted at descriptions of bodily and sexual functions and an unwillingness to be naked. (At least, I have noticed this pattern)
    I have noticed that, too. But I don't think it's general.
    My mom has issues with this but I always figured it was her Calvinist upbringing. I don't think my dad has any issues with this.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    I wonder if part of the manifestation of Si PoLR in an ENFj is being disgusted at descriptions of bodily and sexual functions and an unwillingness to be naked. (At least, I have noticed this pattern)
    I have noticed that, too. But I don't think it's general.
    My mom has issues with this but I always figured it was her Calvinist upbringing. I don't think my dad has any issues with this.
    seems like infps and enfjs always want to be naked so dunno if this works.

  17. #17
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    I wonder if part of the manifestation of Si PoLR in an ENFj is being disgusted at descriptions of bodily and sexual functions and an unwillingness to be naked. (At least, I have noticed this pattern)
    I have noticed that, too. But I don't think it's general.
    My mom has issues with this but I always figured it was her Calvinist upbringing. I don't think my dad has any issues with this.
    seems like infps and enfjs always want to be naked so dunno if this works.
    It's ridiculous but I have actually noticed this as well
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  18. #18
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    We were back home by noon. So much for our day at the beach.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  19. #19
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    This Si PoLR stuff all sounds very much like me. Wait, so let me get this straight -- forgetting stuff, like house keys, turning lights off, generally being very inefficient in daily, practical matters is related to bad ? I thought it was related to bad ...
    Those matters are Si related. Perhaps in MBTT it is a different case; perhaps it is related to lack of Te, or Perceiving types. In socionics, I think bad Te is more to do with intellectual disorganisation as opposed to physical disorganisation.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  20. #20
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    This Si PoLR stuff all sounds very much like me. Wait, so let me get this straight -- forgetting stuff, like house keys, turning lights off, generally being very inefficient in daily, practical matters is related to bad ? I thought it was related to bad ...
    Those matters are Si related. Perhaps in MBTT it is a different case; perhaps it is related to lack of Te, or Perceiving types. In socionics, I think bad Te is more to do with intellectual disorganisation as opposed to physical disorganisation.
    Te is usually mostly lack of intellectual organization. Te types just want things organized on the level of practicality, Fe types value Ti, so they are much more likely to try to keep things organized. And the head of a Te type is just full of small facts about different things and wider knowledge that is not connected to each other. There doesn't have to be any link between separate parts of information. I would not call this intellectual organisation.

    I keep thinking about my keys and where I saw then and all that. And I have a very clear routine to always remember to take them with me when I'm going out... But I am very bad at maintaining physical habits. Like when I tried to learn dancing, I made a system to remember the steps and it all worked just fine, but when I started just dancing, I messed it all up. And I create associations when I memorize things, but I keep forgetting the words. It's totally a matter of chance if I remember something or I don't. And it can be sooo frustrating. I'm very bad at functioning in organized systems. Like when I go to a doctor, I get a million questions about whether I need to take my file out or do I just stand in line, do I have to call first... and I can't just "wing it" because then I'd be wasting time standing in line or pissing them off not calling first. And there's no information about it anywhere! Or when I changed my name, there were suddenly a million places where my name is filed incorrectly. And it's all a blur to me. But that kinda sounds like weak Te to me.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  21. #21
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    This Si PoLR stuff all sounds very much like me. Wait, so let me get this straight -- forgetting stuff, like house keys, turning lights off, generally being very inefficient in daily, practical matters is related to bad ? I thought it was related to bad ...
    Those matters are Si related. Perhaps in MBTT it is a different case; perhaps it is related to lack of Te, or Perceiving types. In socionics, I think bad Te is more to do with intellectual disorganisation as opposed to physical disorganisation.
    Te is usually mostly lack of intellectual organization. Te types just want things organized on the level of practicality, Fe types value Ti, so they are much more likely to try to keep things organized. And the head of a Te type is just full of small facts about different things and wider knowledge that is not connected to each other. There doesn't have to be any link between separate parts of information. I would not call this intellectual organisation.
    Just wait a moment. An evolved Te type will surely know also the Ti system behind his knowledge, especially in his field of expertise. That won't be his priority of course.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  22. #22
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah, but ENFjs end up using more Ti than Te types. Despite the fact that the theory says Te types should be very good at Ti.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  23. #23
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I have Si PoLR and I lose stuff. My husband's leading function is Si and he can NEVER find his keys. I need to staple them to him. He always forgets his cell phone at work and I end up having to drive it out to him.

    Anyway, this stuff is not type related IMO.
    How can you have Si PoLR if you're an IEE? Or did you mean "I don't have Si PoLR and I lose stuff"?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  24. #24
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    yeah, but ENFjs end up using more Ti than Te types. Despite the fact that the theory says Te types should be very good at Ti.
    Okay, what else should I know about Kristionics?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  25. #25
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    yeah, but ENFjs end up using more Ti than Te types. Despite the fact that the theory says Te types should be very good at Ti.
    I am not really sure about this honestly. This is probably true say, in an academic setting or while executing a task, but socially an ENFj will not really care about logical consistency of her thoughts and actions IME whereas an ENTj is likely to pick up discrepancies very well. It's just like how an ENTj may use lots of Fi in his very close relationships but suck/don't care about it when interacting with acquaintances, as opposed to an ENFj which would probably be more "stable" in its usage.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  26. #26
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    yeah, but ENFjs end up using more Ti than Te types. Despite the fact that the theory says Te types should be very good at Ti.
    I am not really sure about this honestly. This is probably true say, in an academic setting or while executing a task, but socially an ENFj will not really care about logical consistency of her thoughts and actions IME whereas an ENTj is likely to pick up discrepancies very well. It's just like how an ENTj may use lots of Fi in his very close relationships but suck/don't care about it when interacting with acquaintances, as opposed to an ENFj which would probably be more "stable" in its usage.
    yeah, I agree with that. ENTj will have a stronger Ti when he's not thinking about it, and the same with ENFj and Fi. Yeah, when doing intellectual tasks, ENFj will prefer the Ti approach, and the ENTj will prefer the Te approach. Like for example, when we wrote a research paper with a group, I was the one to get very strict about having all the topics well organized even though we had one INTp and two INFjs in the group. But the teacher is INFp, so it turned out well.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  27. #27
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    An anecdote on that from my former ENFj boss (I am writing more or less what he said, from memory, for effect, obviously it's not 100% accurate).

    "Once I bought an used Range Rover for 500 Euros, when I lived in the French countryside. I just saw it for sale on the road, I saw myself driving it, and I had to buy it. It was great! Driving a Range Rover! But altogether I never drove it more than 10 miles. It was losing fuel, there was a hole in the bottom through which I could see the ground, and it finally died. I ended up just throwing it away. But I fulfilled the dream of having a Range Rover!"

    This is Si PoLR with Te in the super-ego -- he was dismissing as unimportant the actual "physicality" of the Range Rover, its reality and its practicality, in favor of his vision of just having a Range Rover.

    Another example was when Kristiina said, in reply to my comment on living in a castle that had no plumbing, "who cares about plumbing when you can say you live in a castle like that!"
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  28. #28
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah, I did say that. And I still want to live in a castle!
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  29. #29
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    yeah, I did say that. And I still want to live in a castle!
    D&D girls


  30. #30
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    yeah, but ENFjs end up using more Ti than Te types. Despite the fact that the theory says Te types should be very good at Ti.
    I am not really sure about this honestly. This is probably true say, in an academic setting or while executing a task, but socially an ENFj will not really care about logical consistency of her thoughts and actions IME whereas an ENTj is likely to pick up discrepancies very well. It's just like how an ENTj may use lots of Fi in his very close relationships but suck/don't care about it when interacting with acquaintances, as opposed to an ENFj which would probably be more "stable" in its usage.
    yeah, I agree with that. ENTj will have a stronger Ti when he's not thinking about it, and the same with ENFj and Fi. Yeah, when doing intellectual tasks, ENFj will prefer the Ti approach, and the ENTj will prefer the Te approach.
    That's self-evident. LIE is part of a Te-valuing quadra, and the EIE is part of a Ti-valuing one. Since the EIE is strong in neither Ti or Te, they'll use that which is prefered, and in the EIE's case, it is the Ti; their suggestive function.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  31. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    "Once I bought an used Range Rover for 500 Euros, when I lived in the French countryside. I just saw it for sale on the road, I saw myself driving it, and I had to buy it. It was great! Driving a Range Rover! But altogether I never drove it more than 10 miles. It was losing fuel, there was a hole in the bottom through which I could see the ground, and it finally died. I ended up just throwing it away. But I fulfilled the dream of having a Range Rover!"
    That sounds a lot like my ENFj ex girlfriend. She'd have fantastic "dreams", as you put it, and would get VERY upset when I told her they were shit.

  32. #32
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Comparing between ENFj and ENTj --

    Both ENFjs and ENTjs are likely to not be particularly good working with their hands, but the ENTj will tend to respect those who are (such as the stereotypical ISTp), while the ENFj is more likely to go, "who wants to do manual work anyway".

    On the other hand, the ENFj is more likely to respect those who can cook well, for instance.

    Both ENFjs and ENTjs find detailed paperwork boring, but the ENTj usually just needs a Se push to do it, while the ENFj tends to think he shouldn't have to do it.

    The ENTj's ideal situation is not to have to concern himself with aesthetic details at all. The ENFj will more often be worried about getting them right if the situation calls for it, but the ENFj's "inner sanctum" of his private space, if nobody else is likely to see it, will be as spartan/chaotic as the ENTj's.

    Both tend to have difficulty with just sitting there and relaxing, as Slacker Mom said.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  33. #33
    force my hand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,334
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Another example was when Kristiina said, in reply to my comment on living in a castle that had no plumbing, "who cares about plumbing when you can say you live in a castle like that!"
    What's the likelihood of an ESFj saying somethig similar?
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

  34. #34
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by introspectivedolphin
    So when I tell my ENFj mom to "relax, chill, you can't do everything at once, etc" I'm hitting her PoLR?
    I think both ENFjs and ENTjs hate being told to "just relax" when they are in an impatient state of mind and/or action.


    Quote Originally Posted by force my hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Another example was when Kristiina said, in reply to my comment on living in a castle that had no plumbing, "who cares about plumbing when you can say you live in a castle like that!"
    What's the likelihood of an ESFj saying somethig similar?
    Saying as in "really meaning it as something obvious": it's very unlikely. I have traveled with three different ESFj women (on different occasions), even staying with two of them in a real castle (heh), and no matter how they might like a castle on the outside, if it lacked things like indoor plumbing they'd say "no way I'm living in this place".
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  35. #35
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,621
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Related to 1 and 3: Also, they may over-apply treatments, and over-rest when ill. A very poor sense of recommendations when it comes to health in general. The same ENFj I mentioned clearly does not want to know what is wrong with her when she goes to the doctor, just what she needs to do ( seeking). If she knows too much, she will worry herself into despair.
    Is this how Ti seeking works? This seems backwards to me, at least the way I understand it - wouldn't someone seeking Te be more concerned with what to do than why? And someone seeking Ti wanting to know the reasoning? I could see it both ways - I understand Ti is concerned with conciseness, so they might just say the conclusion, whereas Te would be explicit in their reasoning probably. But Te is more concerned with independent facts than coherency, so someone seeking Te would probably be looking for what to do (the steps, the facts) rather than why (how what needs to be done fits together with their view of the world), and someone seeking Ti would want to know why everything was being done. Right?
    Yes! Ti is about explanation, whereas Te is about operation. I don't think any logic-leading types are likely to give simple yes/no answers, actually. It gives them a chance to show off.

  36. #36
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Related to 1 and 3: Also, they may over-apply treatments, and over-rest when ill. A very poor sense of recommendations when it comes to health in general. The same ENFj I mentioned clearly does not want to know what is wrong with her when she goes to the doctor, just what she needs to do ( seeking). If she knows too much, she will worry herself into despair.
    Is this how Ti seeking works? This seems backwards to me, at least the way I understand it - wouldn't someone seeking Te be more concerned with what to do than why? And someone seeking Ti wanting to know the reasoning? I could see it both ways - I understand Ti is concerned with conciseness, so they might just say the conclusion, whereas Te would be explicit in their reasoning probably. But Te is more concerned with independent facts than coherency, so someone seeking Te would probably be looking for what to do (the steps, the facts) rather than why (how what needs to be done fits together with their view of the world), and someone seeking Ti would want to know why everything was being done. Right?
    Yes! Ti is about explanation, whereas Te is about operation. I don't think any logic-leading types are likely to give simple yes/no answers, actually. It gives them a chance to show off.
    I don't buy this. When I ask a question, I want a straight-up answer with no excess data. When I ask a Te type, they are likely to get into detail about how and why it's good. And I start asking EXTREMELY specific questions to stop them from doing that. In the end I'll get something like, "well, yes, in that sort of situation, one might say that this is a relatively better option, but if..." and I say, "okay, great, that's what I needed to know!". There are extremely few types who can give me fast clear answers - ISTjs and ESTps. And my husband most of the time. (because I ask him "if you were in that situation, would you do that? How about that? Why?"). If the quick answer doesn't match my own expectation, ONLY then do I ask for an explenation. Otherwise I don't need it. It like a way to confirm my own system.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  37. #37
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,621
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think that has more to do with Se than Ti, actually. *edit*

  38. #38
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,621
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    But Gamma SFs are pretty blunt and to-the-point too.

  39. #39
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I had the worst Si PoLR torture today. I was in aerobics and I couldn't follow the moves. I tried, but I kept messing them up. I picked the aerobics markes as having the easiest routines! But the routine is different each time and I haven't been able to correctly do even one full routine. I'm a beginner, but it still sucks. So yeah, everyone was dancing and moving, and I tried to copy them, but half the time I couldn't do anything. I considered just walking out, pretending to be dizzy, but I couldn't bring myself to do that either. I waited it out, kept trying. It was so hopeless that I almost felt like crying. I know I'm not the only beginner there so other people should also have problems with it. Also, even the parts that I really do understand, when I keep my eyes on the instructor's feet, I am ok, but when she stops, I have no idea what I'm doing. And I tried just looking at my own feet from the mirror, but it all got messed up. And then I tried to simply notice what I myself am doing, but it got really weird. I did't recognize any of the steps and I had no idea what to do next. And I can never add the hand movements, because then I might as well try the routine standing on my head. Hopeless.

    But I'm gonna keep going there, hoping it will be better. Sometimes it's pretty ok. And the music is great. And this is the first time it was so bad.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    aw.

    hahah i can relate to being the slowest person to get something physical.. it is so embarrassing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •