Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default enneagram 3 vs 7 split

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    Look. Believe it if you want.
    I believe you are dodging the argument.

Oh wait I don't have to believe it... it's fact. So if I clap my hands will you produce an argument?

I believe at this stage I have much more experiences than you
    How very insightful of you.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I believe you are dodging the argument.
    I am, because there is no point.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No point in proving a very counter-intuitive assertion? No one's gonna take you seriously.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No point in proving a very counter-intuitive assertion? No one's gonna take you seriously.
    This is the problem you have here. I don't need to prove to anybody anything. I am not as insecure as you.

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the problem you have here. I don't need to prove to anybody anything. I am not as insecure as you.
    That's very un-3-like of you. I think you're just trying to save face because you painted yourself into a corner.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's very un-3-like of you. I think you're just trying to save face because you painted yourself into a corner.
    ah well down the line you need to wonder if what you are doing is what you really want or what you want others to see you as. it's OK to trip and fall, or get humiliated, it's part of life, no one is immune to it but if you cover it up, and you will be so use to covering it up it's suffocating.

1)

2)

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah well down the line you need to wonder if what you are doing is what you really want or what you want others to see you as.
    It's obviously the latter. What do you think the image triad is if not that?

You sure you're not a 7? Or an 8? Or maybe a 4...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sure you're not a 7? Or an 8? Or maybe a 4...
    I am a prefect 10.

1)

2)

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lulz.

Anyway, if you genuinely think this way, there is no way your E-type is right. 3 so/sx (moreso 3w2 than 3w4, but still) is the single most image-dependent type ever.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lulz.

Anyway, if you genuinely think this way, there is no way your E-type is right. 3 so/sx (moreso 3w2 than 3w4, but still) is the single most image-dependent type ever.
    well I take it as a complement then, I do take pride not to be imagine conscious.
    But FTR, for a 3 it really depends how neurotic or healthy their mother figure is/was growing that influence this matter.
    if they bond with a narcissistic mother, they becomes narcissistic. If they bond with a mother figure whose more healthy, then three's doesn't need to needlessly adjust their behavior to mode for this person. so they can be as genuine as they can be.

As young children, Threes were connected to the nurturing-figure, the person in their early development who mirrored them, cared for them, and provided affection and a sense of value. Young Threes are highly adaptable and responsive to the emotional states of others, and so learn to adjust themselves to the reactions and subconscious expectations of their nurturing-figure. This person is usually the Three’s mother or a mother-substitute, but not always. In some cases, the mother was largely absent, physically or emotionally, and it fell upon the father or a sibling to nurture the baby. In other cases, a nanny or grandparent may have fulfilled this role. In any case, it is important to understand who cared for the child and who provided mirroring.

In their formative years, Threes learn to tune into the desires and hopes of their nurturing-figure. The expectations of the nurturing-figure need not be expressed explicitly. With the remarkable intuitive gifts of children, young Threes know what will please their nurturers, and which behaviors produce approving looks and smiles. All of this is quite natural, and if the nurturing-figure is reasonably healthy, the Three will mature into a well-balanced person with good self-esteem. But to the degree that the nurturing-figure has unresolved narcissistic needs of his or her own, the Three will have to make much greater adaptations. To please the troubled nurturer, young Threes will have to abandon themselves to become the person who will be approved. In cases where the nurturer was more pathological and needy, Threes will have to disconnect from their own feelings and needs almost entirely. Little that the child can do will get the nurturing-figure to approve of them, or validate their existence. The result is a desperate individual with deep narcissistic wounds and an intense underlying hostility for being forced to abandon his or her own heart.
    But then some unfortunate three that happen to grow up with a narcissistic mother figure then becomes self-realizes at some point in his/her life and then deeply introspect, s/he then find his/her heart and grows within as a person base on the heart and who he/she wants to be at core. s/he find it's feeling and then becomes in tune with it...

1)

2)