Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ergonomic computer keyboardand mouse

Does anyone use these? Last week my keyboard went so I found an Ergonomic keyboard on Craigslist. I asked my son why anyone would want a big thick wavy keyboard and he said that is the only one this family we know will use (the ENTP Dad is a computer genius and works in that field). So it seemed like a good idea for prevention, and I got it.

So I researched Ergonomic computer mouse and see some "handshake" mouses people say don't work, and also some wrist rests. Does anyone have an opinion on these things? What is good? Is there a website where these options are intelligently and clearly reviewed?

Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae16t View Post
    Ergonomics is something one has to play with to know if its good or not. I do not use them, because I swear to life they're meant for ninja hands (ie. not for people over 6') and really agitating for me to use.

So there is no "good". It works for you or it doesn't.
    The only review I read the "handshake mouse" is that it was useless and made only for small Asian-women hands - which backed up the pic I saw of it - the person looked like they had a very short-looking hand. Mine are average size, so I am reluctant to try and find it doesn't work for me either.

But has anyone tried or seen reviews for gel wrist rest pads for the mouse? If its highly recommended then I think this would be good. Also my SLI has had some hand cramping of his right hand which could be from building but could be the computer mouse, too. So I wonder, is there a webpage (not selling something) that reviews or tells of what posture things are particularly important at the computer desk?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Does anyone use these? Last week my keyboard went so I found an Ergonomic keyboard on Craigslist. I asked my son why anyone would want a big thick wavy keyboard and he said that is the only one this family we know will use (the ENTP Dad is a computer genius and works in that field). So it seemed like a good idea for prevention, and I got it.

So I researched Ergonomic computer mouse and see some "handshake" mouses people say don't work, and also some wrist rests. Does anyone have an opinion on these things? What is good? Is there a website where these options are intelligently and clearly reviewed?
    It's better if you keep using the classical keyboard. You won't always have your ergonomic keyboard handy, and the discipline required makes you a better typist in the long run.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.