Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EUROPEAN COUNTRIES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great post. Sounds right going by my experience of some of these countries. You get a cookie for being so insightful.
    Last edited by Coffee HD; 10-26-2013 at 01:39 PM.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree on:

Germany (LSI)
    France (ESE)
    Turkey (SLE)

Probably right:

Spain (IEE)

Don't agree with:

Italy SEE (more like SLE)
    Britain LSE (more like ESI)

No idea about the rest although I could add to the list:

Switzerland (Delta, probably EII)
    Portugal (Alpha, probably SEI)
    Greece (Alpha, probably SEI)
    Netherlands (Alpha, probably ILE)
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ananke View Post

Germany - LSI
    Ordered, organized, polite, square
    LOL. Not really. It's hard to define an overall type for Germany. Of course there are certain stereotypes, like the ones listed here - but this derives from old Prussian virtues, which for example had no great impact on the Bavarians, who are totally different.
    It's easier to define regional stereotypes in my country.

For example: Swabians. Swabians are everywhere. Whenever you visit another country, you will find a Swabian and he will be calculating the cost of everything. Swabians also like to talk a lot. Normally you don't talk to strangers on a train, but Swabians do. They ask you who you are, what you do. They love small talk. They work very efficient, unless they have to fight over how to do something, like whether to build the new train station underground or not.
    Bavarians are very "gemütlich" (this word cannot be translated, something like cozy, comfy). They like drinking beer a lot. They believe that they don't belong to Germany. They still live in the past and think of themselves as an independent kingdom, ruled by fairy king Ludwig II. They communicate in a language made up from a series of grunt sounds and blubbering, sometimes it sounds like vomiting.
    People from Berlin are (mostly all) insane and extremely rude (no politeness at all, in rare cases you might find a nice person, but I doubt the are real Berliners, maybe only moved to that town). There are really too many psychopaths in that town. -__-
    Hessians are simply awesome. The ones who are most similar to us are the Bavarians and the Rhinelanders. Except we rather drink cider (Bavarians drink beer, Rhinelanders drink wine). Our dialect is quite compact, as can be seen in the short sentence "Ei guude wie!" which means: "Hello, I'm happy and surprised to see you here, how are you?".

Very generalized: The more you go to the south of Germany, the more passionate people are there, warmer, friendlier, on the other hand they can also be quite loud and aggressive, but the more you get to the north, the more people seem to be quiet and reserved. It also depends a lot on the environment, whether you live in a big city like Berlin, or live at the rather grey, melancholic North Sea, or by a romantic forest or in the Alps. Nature forms the mentality of the people, I think.

EDIT: So much for German orderliness and talent of organization. Just look at this famous speech of a German politician. Doesn't seem to be well organized, rather disoriented and confused:

Last edited by kadda1212; 10-26-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

netherlands i'd say is delta rational, but INFj > ESTj.

modern day germany always looks a lot more delta ish than people imply by saying it's LSI.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spain is never ever IEE more SLE maybe SEE

rest i could agree with

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think France has to be an intuitive "type" of some kind. It's one of the few european countries where intellectuality for its own sake it still prized.

Italy SEE (more like SLE)
    Well, the difference with Turkey is large, if we consider that they're both "mediterranean" countries. It could be ascribed to a more "feeling" archetipe. Anyway, the north is a bit more ESI-like.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about Greece? xD

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Germany's also fairly different in the north-west and south. People seem to be more rule-abiding but also much friendlier in the south (I'd say that's a typical behavior around the alpine region), whereas they're less friendly but also less rule-conscious and conservative in the north-west. Of course, you could write down this difference to urban vs rural prevalence.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure it is, but the overall country is LSI.
    I was generalizing, looking for the "soul" of the country, reflected in values that are undeniable. Germany is the most LSI country in the world.
    Ok, compared to other countries. Yes. Maybe I'm already too accustomed to it. I can see that there are many things who are very chaotic in my country. But it's probably peanuts against other countries, like the southern and eastern European ones, that are mostly ruled by corruption.

But, really, Berlin... I've spent four weeks there and I was kind of shocked by some people who were really cold and unfriendly. I was happy to be back in Frankfurt. Berlin just kind of overwhelmed me and at the time when I was there there was a horrible incident in that city. A guy stood naked in a fountain on the Alexanderplatz. People didn't care about that (as I mentioned they are used to crazy people). But suddenly he had a knife in hands and started to cut his wrists. Only then people called the police and in the end he was shot by a police officer when he attacked them with the knife. This was of course not a nice impression of that city.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, muslim turkey isn't a part of Europe.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have ever eaten a dinner in France, with heavy food, heavy wine and small talks forever, you can't deny the ESE vibe, lol. ESEs value intellectuality! They LOVE people who are intellectual. It's just dual protection. Also, alphas are a bit intellectual for fun, aren't they?
    Well yeah, the atmosphere is not heavily dissimilar compared to northern Italy, just a lot more intellectual and political talk...but it could have something to do with different circles of acquaintances.

But I can't see Italy as a Ti-type, lols, lols, lols.... Nothing is logical there. :-p
    I agree that the way the culture feels is not Ti-creative and yes, the general feel is more SEE. Some rural places in the north are more ESI, more introverted and hard-working but still very not into rules, more into family and friends stuff - and love for alchool in order to let loose.

. Yes. Maybe I'm already too accustomed to it. I can see that there are many things who are very chaotic in my country. But it's probably peanuts against other countries, like the southern and eastern European ones, that are mostly ruled by corruption.
    Lmao "eastern and southern europe is ruled by corruption". Typical german rude, undiplomatic blanket statement that can easily offend millions of people without really meaning it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweden - LII
    Diplomatic, naive, rule-abiding, impractical
    I see Sweden as very bureaucratic and and the traits you listed as mostly being consequences of that rather than the cause (although I'm sure that could be argued as well). No opinion for or against LII though.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    lol, muslim turkey isn't a part of Europe.
    In terms of geography most of Turkey is not part of Europe, but I think the whole Mediterranean part is very much influenced by European culture.
    Also, they are allowed to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest and the European Soccer Championships.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like muslim Albania? A part of Turkey is in Europe live with it.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow.... :-/
    I met only nice people there, and fell in love with Berlin, but I was there for only 2 weeks.

I googled "awesome Berlin", to find some nice photos from the cool outdoor parties (people stand on the streets in the evenings, everywhere, and have their publives there), the small city gardens, or the green, green trees that cover the whole of the city or some of the easygoing dress codes.
    Instead I found this one, and I liked it:
    A friend of mine lived there for more than a half year. She also loves the city. But she loves big cities in general.
    I think, what you described is typical for many German cities. We are very nature loving - so almost every city is covered with gardens, parks and trees.
    A lot of what I perceived as unfriendliness has to do with the Berlin dialect, by the way. It's hard and cold compared to southern dialects. There's something aggressive about it. Can't really describe it. And especially this part is hard to describe in English: In the German language there are two was to say "you", an informal way and a formal way. You use the formal way for every person you don't know, it's considered to be polite. Now in the Berlin dialect they just use the informal way for everyone. If you're not used to it, it sounds kind of impolite.
    But of course, I don't hate the city, don't want it to sound like that. I very much enjoyed Prenzlauer Berg for example. Just seeing the craziest kinds of people walking around with their children in a buggy was an experience. I mean, people you wouldn't expect to do that. Very alternative, heavy-metal rocker guys, long hair, long beard, sun glasses, black clothes, shirts with band names on them, covered with tattoos - and then a pink buggy and a cute little baby. xD

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Europeans should have done a better job kicking Turks form the last piece of the continent, if they didn't want Turkey to be (at least partially) European.
    Go ahead and type Kazakhstan too, if you want.
    The whole geography argument is messed up from day 1. How is Iceland a part of Europe whereas Egypt and Sudan are not ? Because it was a Scandinavian settlement ? Is Mexico European for being a Spanish settlement ?

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I come to the conclusion that Turkey is a little bit of both and thus so to speak intermediary between Europe and the Arabian world.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    I come to the conclusion that Turkey is a little bit of both and thus so to speak intermediary between Europe and the Arabian world.
    Quick question: what makes the Arab world not European?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as my perception goes, western coastal Turkey has an european-like culture, meaning, southern european. The easternmost parts are more persian-influenced (not so much "arab").

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I can say, they are not part of the Indo-European heritage.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I can say, they are not part of the Indo-European heritage.
    Finns and Hungarians aren't, Turks aren't. See Uralic and Altaic language classifications, respectively.

Indians, Iranians and Kurds sure are Indo-European, though.

And why is linguistic classification the arbiter of heritage in the first place? Never mind the fact that the Nile delta, (if not half the Arab world, making up like 1/3 of the Roman empire) was a focal point of the Hellenistic culture that is a component of it.
    Last edited by xerx; 10-26-2013 at 05:43 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finns and Hungarians aren't, Turks aren't. See Finno-Ugric and Altaic language classifications, respectively.

Indian, Iranians and Kurds sure are Indo-European, though.

And why is heritage related to linguistic classification in the first place? Never mind the fact that the Nile delta, (if not half the Arab world, making up like 1/3 of the Roman empire) was a focal point of the Hellenistic culture that is a component it.
    In Roman times, Egypt was not part of the Arabian world. The Arabian world is not making up 1/3 of the Roman Empire.

Dioecesis_Orientis_400_AD.jpg This small part of the Roman Empire is Arabian.

Egypt, Mauretania and so on were African provinces. In later times Arabs conquered these parts of Africa.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Roman times, Egypt was not part of the Arabian world. The Arabian world is not making up 1/3 of the Roman Empire.

Egypt, Mauretania and so on were African provinces. In later times Arabs conquered these parts of Africa.
    Yeah... Belgica and Aquitania were Gallic provinces. In later times Germanic peoples conquered these parts of Gaul.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dioecesis_Orientis_400_AD.jpg This small part of the Roman Empire is Arabian.
    many of those provinces spoke Aramaic, Greek etc.
    Last edited by xerx; 10-26-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Only 8% of Turkey lies in Europe, and xoxoxo at typing nations.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Europe as seen by Greece:

World Greeks.jpg

Europe as seen by Italy:

World Italy.jpg

Europe as seen by Russia:

World Russia_0.jpg

Europe as seen by Great Britain:

World Britain_0.jpg

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Europe as seen by Switzerland:

Europe Swiss.jpg

Europe as seen by Spain:

Europe Spain.jpg

Europe as seen by the Vatican:

Europe Vatican.jpg

And, the best one ever - Europe as seen by Berlusconi:

World berlusconi_0.jpg

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know the answer. They're not catholic.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Europe as seen by Italy:

World Italy.jpg
    Lol, that's pretty good. Especially "Italian dialects" for Spain, "Dalmatia" for Croatia, "Broken Empire" for Austria and "Europe" for Belgium.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Lol, that's pretty good. Especially "Italian dialects" for Spain, "Dalmatia" for Croatia, "Broken Empire" for Austria and "Europe" for Belgium.
    I just love those maps. They are made by Yanko Tsvetkov, a Bulgarian artist. His book "Atlas of Prejudice" is simply hilarious.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TURKEY IRAN PAKISTAN ARE NOT "ARAB"

THEY ARE TURKISH, PERSIAN AND PAKISTANI (INDIAN) RESPECTIVELY

MUSLIM DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY TRANSLATE TO ARAB

SUCK DICK

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    TURKEY IRAN PAKISTAN ARE NOT "ARAB"

THEY ARE TURKISH, PERSIAN AND PAKISTANI (INDIAN) RESPECTIVELY

MUSLIM DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY TRANSLATE TO ARAB

SUCK DICK

In agreement, less caps lock, and the last bit. Though you could argue that Iran is a mixture of Arab's and Persians, since there were many Arab invasions hundreds of years ago and many people are now mixed. Actually i think there may be a crossover between Persians and Southern Indians (as in southern India) too? But not certain.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geminatronix View Post
    Though you could argue that Iran is a mixture of Arab's and Persians, since there were many Arab invasions hundreds of years ago and many people are now mixed.
    that's true, still something rather distinct comes to mind when someone says ~arab~.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminatronix View Post
    Actually i think there may be a crossover between Persians and Southern Indians (as in southern India) too? But not certain.
    the crossover was subsequently named pakistan, so you're right. still, more indian than persian, esp since shared language and so forth.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I think France has to be an intuitive "type" of some kind. It's one of the few european countries where intellectuality for its own sake it still prized. (...)
    Afraid not, according to local contacts.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is seriously the funniest thread I've ever read on this otherwise dull forum. Hats off to @kadda1212.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    This is seriously the funniest thread I've ever read on this otherwise dull forum. Hats off to @kadda1212.
    You have to thank the author of this amazing book. As I mentioned above: Yanko Tsvetkov, "Atlas of Prejudice". Really funny.
    There's another one I can recommend: "Life in Five Seconds" by Matteo Civaschi and Gianmarco Milesi. Simply awesome.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to thank the author of this amazing book. As I mentioned above: Yanko Tsvetkov, "Atlas of Prejudice". Really funny.
    There's another one I can recommend: "Life in Five Seconds" by Matteo Civaschi and Gianmarco Milesi. Simply awesome.
    I'll be sure to check it out thanks.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spain - IEE
    Colorful, fun-loving, happy, unique, not very efficient

Italy - SEE
    Social, family oriented, macho, chaotic

Germany - LSI
    Ordered, organized, polite, square

Britain - LSE
    Managerial, aristocratic, traditional, cutthroat

Norway - SLI
    Handy, individualistic, nature-oriented, rude

Finland - EII
    Introverted, strange, melancholic, subdued

Sweden - LII
    Diplomatic, naive, rule-abiding, impractical

France - ESE
    Warm, cliquish, flamboyant, gourmets

Denmark - SEE
    Hedonistic, mercantile, easygoing, confident

Turkey - SLE
    Militant, intense, self-reliant, assertive

Sweden pretty much defines practicality. They're one of the most economically stable nations in the world.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Sweden pretty much defines practicality. They're one of the most economically stable nations in the world.
    Ivar-shelves by IKEA. The axis of practicality. xD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast