Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IEI-INFp Subtypes

Creepy-pokeball

Default IEI-INFp Subtypes

Intuitive subtype Ni-INFp (Ni-IEI)

Description by V. Meged and A. Ovcharov

Ni-IEI Appearance:
    The intuitive subtype appears as a calm, tactful, languid and diffident individual. He seems torn from reality, inert and poorly adapted to life. However, such impressions are erroneous, for he possesses a fine intuition, which aids his in establishing useful connections and obtaining support from influential people. Externally he seems serene, but in his heart he is sentimentally predisposed, has bouts of moodiness and melancholy, and regrets his mistakes and misfortunes for a long time. His mimicry is somewhat monotonous, often shows an expression of light amazement or full interest in his conversation partner. His gaze is dreamy and pensive, slightly strained, with a bit of luster, often expressing melancholy, attentiveness, or sardonic irony. His speech is measured, smooth, and intimately heart-felt. On his face there is almost constantly a polite half-smile that easily predisposes towards trust. Gestures are modest, timid, undemonstrative. Gait is unhurried and smooth.

Ni-IEI Character:
    Soft and considerate person. In his heart he is a dreamer and a romantic. Has figurative, associative memory, and can recall experiences from the past down to the smallest detail. Somewhat unsure in himself, inclined to doubt and hesitate in cases he has to speak or act decisively. He does not like to hurry, can delay carrying out tasks and finding solutions to problems to an indefinite period of time. Reminiscing about the past, he recalls all the mistakes and mishaps, then extracts from them lessons for the future. Thanks to a strong intuition sees short-term prospects of affairs and relations, but because of the tendency to idealize everything may also overestimate them. Under any circumstances does not lose hope that in future everything will turn out for the better than in the present situation.

Usually does not aspire to leadership and finds it difficult and tiring to handle organizational functions. Gravitates more towards intellectual sphere of activity than towards hands-on management and production. Dislikes routine, monotony, stereotypes, conventionality, strict order, having to follow rules and regulations. Likes to talk about various unconventional and mysterious phenomena, seeks new experiences, feels attracted to interesting and unusual people. Willingly accepts and promotes unordinary ideas and innovative approaches, but shows caution in new ventures; in such cases prefers to yield initiative to those who are more assertive and energetic. However, if necessary, exhibits outstanding diplomatic skills, achieving success where others, more straightforward and impatient partners who do not attribute much value to flexibility in relationships, would usually give up. Does not know which of the two disputants he should favor, therefore, will try to reconcile them.

In work can become distracted by irrelevant details, and thus run out of time to accomplish the more important tasks. In his apartment or at his workplace may allow for creative mess and disorganization. Being practical, thrifty, and calculating is not in his nature, due to which he misses some major opportunities. Respects strong, influential people. Needs moral, physical, and material support. Due to absentmindedness sometimes forgets to fulfill his promises, but then does his best to make up and make amends.

Sensitive and attentive to other people, tries to maintain even relations with everyone. Exhibits tolerance towards the flaws and weaknesses of others. Does not break immediately those relationships that have been exhausted for he grows used to people. Knows how to patiently wait and how to adapt to any circumstances. For the sake of good relations with those close to him, tries to meet their requirements for him, to develop practical skills, to perform at school and work, and to fulfill his family responsibilities.

Ni-IEI Description by Victor Gulenko: His facial expression is typically interrogative. Usually looks calm, dreamy, and contemplative. Line of behavior is frequently passive. Romantic spirit, lives in the world of illusions and tries to avoid the negative. Optimistic. As a rule, avoids conflict situations and supports compromise. Constrained in the way he dresses. Elegant and refined. Can fulfill functions of staff assistant in presence of a "strong hand", take up work in psychology and psychotherapy.

Sexual behavior of subtypes: http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...pes#Subtypes_2

Ethical subtype Fe-INFp (Fe-IEI)

Description by V. Meged and A. Ovcharov

Fe-IEI Appearance:
    The ethical subtype makes an impression of a soft, charming and emotional person. Usually looks inspired and optimistic. Possess a fine sense of humor. May talk of his problems and failures with a smile. Ironic, crafty, unpredictable and inconsistent in behavior and conversation. Creates original contrasts, can unexpectedly jab at someone and then just as quickly embrace and kiss his conversation partner. Artistic and charming; unconstrained in conversation, occasionally even with shades of familiarity and impudence. Knows how to bridge the distance. Considerate, tactful, and caring; at times he is simply charming, so great is his talent at positively predisposing others to himself and being liked. Talented at persuasion: states requests in such a manner that it is difficult to refuse them. His movements are refined ; his gait is graceful, hasty. Speech is full of emotion, rich with shades, sometimes melodious.

Fe-IEI Character:
    Emotional and charming, easily and naturally comes into contact with unfamiliar people, predisposing them towards trust with his warmth and sincerity. Able to cheer others up, make them laugh with his unusual antics and utterances. Well versed in feelings and moods of people, able to establish and maintain useful contacts for reaching his goals and to find best suited candidates for implementation of the conceived. To each person he is able to find an individual approach. Often puts his requests in such a form that it is difficult to turn him down. Independent by nature, impulsive, unpredictable in his actions; given to impromptu acts and improvisations. Unobtrusive with his feelings - if he does not see reciprocity, he will distance. Consults with others before making important decisions, though does not always follow their advice.

Elegant, skillful in becoming liked, readily gives out compliments. Enjoys being at the center of the attention. Figuratively and with a refined sense of humor retells stories of his experiences. Enjoys and knows how to reconcile those who are arguing. Sometimes he is given to irony and ridicule, but says even unpleasant things as if in jest and with a smile.

Very much in need of praise and encouragement. Sensitive of criticism of his work or investing effort that has not been appreciated; this lowers his productivity. While if he is praised in advance, this encourages him to strive to overcome difficulties and aid him in gaining confidence. In his heart he is very vulnerable and acutely aware of his failures. Internally contradictory, prone to abrupt mood swings: from laughter to tears and in reverse. Easy lights up with a new idea, but can quickly lose interest if it requires a lot of patience and effort for realization. Passionately tries to prove his correctness; accepts advice only after he has calmed down, and even then only until the next emotional outburst. Needs support of a strong-willed, capable, energetic person.
    Somewhat distrustful and suggestible. Readily shares his problems with others, seeking their sympathy, understanding, and support. Inclined to demonstrate his physical or personal sufferings. Sensing danger, he transmits his apprehensive and restless mood to those around him. Nonchalant and imperturbable, but this is only a tactic that allows him to make a good impression. Sometimes he evokes awe and admiration in others by demonstrating fearlessness in dangerous situations. His composed serene state is transmitted onto others, allowing them to distance from their everyday worries and problems.

Graceful in his movements, shows refinement, good manners, dresses tastefully. Fastidious in his household. Possesses an aesthetic taste, appreciates ornaments and decorations. Enjoys comfort. Cares about his own appearance as well as appearance of others. Wasteful and uneconomical; can purchase needless things; dislikes those who are frugal over minor purchases. Does not attach much value to material things, and thus can be careless with them. Borrowing or lending something, may forget about it for a long time.

Fe-IEI Description by Victor Gulenko: Entices, flatters, is charming and communicable. If he sees negative emotions in his environment, he will try to arrange things such that people will calm down. Mobilizes well in dangerous situations. Loves to be in the center of attention and to dramatize what is happening. Possesses a sense of humor. Easily manipulates with intonation and voice. Can work successfully as a journalist. He finds it easy to entice a person to start talking. Outwardly may appear extravagant, frequently adopts a bohemian, bright look.
    Last edited by silke; 09-14-2017 at 07:14 AM. Reason: updated translated descriptions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Difference between the two INFP Subtypes

For the new INFPs and old ones who are confused. I find this very interesting. More research can be done on your own. Some are repetitive. I didn't keep count of each pro/con.

The Four with a Three-Wing (Fe subtype)
    (more isfp than intp)(more sociable, easy-going, soft, sweet)

- more concerned about looks and how people see them
    - wants a public self-image
    - wants validation from others of their accomplishments + themselves
    - more outwardly manipulative
    - more emotionally moody
    - more able to show negative/positive emotions
    - more self-esteem issues
    - more social and socially aware
    - very in touch with themselves, who they are becoming, who they are
    - if healthy, can be very ambitious, social, accomplished
    - more aware of interpersonal relations
    - adaptable
    - aware of 'audience', wants an 'audience'
    - more driven to reach their dreams
    - more able to conceal their true weaknesses
    - more likely to enjoy luxuries
    - more aware, more want of culture/refinement
    - more open to others' suggestions, help and criticism but more resentful
    - more envious/jealous of others
    - can be hostile and malicious if alienated
    - may desire to 'ruin' others, more revengeful
    - weird, more emotional sense of humor related to 'feelings' as opposed to 'objects'
    - more desire to make people laugh
    - more competitive
    - more outgoing, more stylish
    - tendency toward melodrama
    - true feelings more hidden
    - sneaky
    - fickle with love, drawn to romantic images

The Four with a Five-Wing (Ni subtype)
    (more intp than isfp)(more intellectual, original, reserved):

- less concerned about looks
    - wants to remain as children and not have to deal with the adult world
    - less emotionally dramatic
    - less interested in te/ti activities/thinking
    - enjoy learning about a wide range of new things
    - theorize, come to conclusions a lot (not nesscarily connected to emotions)
    - quest for knowledge
    - need information for everything just so they can have it
    - more withdrawn
    - more dark
    - less ambitious, less likely to do concrete + consistent work
    - more social insecurity
    - more intellectual depth and intensity
    - create for for themselves, not audience
    - more loners
    - mix creativity, emotions & intelligence
    - very independent and unconventional
    - simpler lifestyle than the other subtype
    - more original
    - more need to pour into artistic creations
    - when alienated, feel depressed, feel like they don't belong
    - prone to feeling ashamed
    - can be morbid and fall in love with death

Information from
    http://infp.globalchatter.com/messag...opic.php?t=322
    http://infp.globalchatter.com/messag...opic.php?t=161
    http://www.geocities.com/lifexplore/type4.htm
    INFP

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. The subtype description just sounds like a depressive INFp. That said... I kind of identify with that one, heh.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do agree with the general distinction (4w5, 4w3). I'd also tend to say that I'd prefer the Ni subtype by this token, because I coulnd't care less about achievment in a show-off way.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not even remotely the intuitive subtype. It's like it's a different personality. Very much the Fe subtype, but less dramatic. And I'm a 5w4.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'VE FaLleN in LoVE WitH dEAth LoooooooooooooooooooooonG TymE AGo

hehehehehehehehehe

man! that socionics thing still goes on
    wtfux!

ahahahah

total lolocaust in every thread

that shit seems to be accurate altho I think it might be written by these sneaky bitches the Fe subtypes!

ok

yeah Fe subtypes seem to be most rappers who talk about how much they achieved in life @ youtube videos after they make some money.

lol Fe INFps are like ughhh

Let's face it - Fe subtypes are really the shallow typical annoyingly over-emotional girls that just want jewelry. click on the link on CPig's sig and force yer boyfriends to buy you some. I swear I'm in a no way affiliated with him.
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indigoroom
    Let's face it - Fe subtypes are really the shallow typical annoyingly over-emotional girls that just wants jewelry. affiliated with him.
    You mean AZN?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

endless amusement isn't it,

I'd also tend to say that I'd prefer the Ni subtype by this token, because I coulnd't care less about achievment in a show-off way.
    That's an exaggeration. It's not like Fe subtypes wave a flag with their achievement written on it. They do exactly what any other outgoing type do. The Ni subtypes just don't do that at all. I think a lot of it is exaggerated so you can distinctly know the difference, it's the same type after all.

You all can give me Ni traits if you feel like it's a consistent one. I'm not Ni subtype so I didn't want to guess.

Overall though, the biggest pro being Fe is their ambition and the ability to use their sociable-ness to achieve it. The biggest con is revengeful envy/jealousy.

The biggest pro of Ni is the ability to mix intelligence with their creativity and feelings. The biggest con is their total withdrawn into themselves regardless of other people.

I think that's fair for both subtypes.

Obviously, I'm not saying that I dislike subtypes by any means, it's just that with the ones, I experience dA tRU dUaLItY.
    You seem to be se subtype to me. Didn't they say Se and Ni goes together and Ti goes with Fe. That creates a balance. Thinking vs feelings, intuition vs sensing.
    INFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am having difficulty choosing. In socionics subtype descriptions I relate more to subtype and believe myself to be one.

Quote Originally Posted by indigoroom
    Let's face it - Fe subtypes are really the shallow typical annoyingly over-emotional girls that just want jewelry. click on the link on CPig's sig and force yer boyfriends to buy you some. I swear I'm in a no way affiliated with him.
    This was typed just to hurt me. So far only my identicals have not contributed to the hurt caused by all the Fe-hating I share with my psychiatrist while on the couch, that is until now....I suspected that my Fe could get on nerves once in awhile but I never knew even identicals felt so much hatred for myself. Goodbye comforting thoughts. Friendless...even among betans.
    IEI subtype

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, vague, I think this litany is pure bullshit, so if you have difficulty choosing, I wouldn't worry about it. Frankly, I like to think I'm the best of both worlds, with none of the cons.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry. I failed to express something. Naturally since we're all INFPs, we have all the traits, it's just what do each of us have more of. I failed to express that and I hope I didn't convey that it's two different worlds, it's just like an addition to what we already have. I don't think it's pure bullshit, it's clearly an exaggeration but I do notice the difference between the different subtypes. I didn't before but now I do and one of my ni subtype INFP friend thought she was INTP or well she established herself as INXP so I wanted to clear it up if anyone else had the same problem.
    INFP

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways, Me was jokking, because I think Fe subs are better for me in relationshipz b/c it can be hard to break the shell of Ni subz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

christ..

you people take jewelry way too seriously.

anyway I'm not posting in this forum. don't tell Jadae

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ploy to guilt FDG and Krae into expressing remorse by reassuring they were not serious has succeeded. If this is any indication of my ability to emotionally manipulate, I shall be a very blinged out girlfriend one of these days.

On another note, I really must start using the razz emoticon.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    To be honest, vague, I think this litany is pure bullshit, so if you have difficulty choosing, I wouldn't worry about it. Frankly, I like to think I'm the best of both worlds, with none of the cons.
    I agree completely. The main difference appears to be sociableness and I think most go through cycles of both.
    IEI subtype

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i used to know this one girl who was Ni sub. she was hot. her Se sub ESTp boyfriend (my friend) used to completely dominate and manipulate her. he'd nickname himself the Dominator . i kinda felt sorry for her. she had some sort of a hidden strength that would collapse to please her man's every whim.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know this pretty blond girl in school who fits the Fe sub. of all the girls i've flirted with she the only one i keep going back to. she sorta has a magnetic pull on me. i hate the weird power she seems to have over my emotions. she's so childish and concerned with what people think. she seems to believe she owns me which isn't entirely true! i think one of these days i'll finally have to give in and stop running around in circles. i wish romance didn't exist.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh c'mon, romance is awesome. BTW, I know an ubber Fe subtype INFp @ work. It's very good cuz we're both not romantically interesed in each other so that we can just poke each other without fear of other crap.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, except you have to give up every other beautiful buxom broad who comes along. i ought move to Utah become a mormon. you know, just for the faith. :wink: amen

you're lucky to have that. but watch out you never know what might grow out of poking.

i hadn't even seen the Fe's face and i was already smitten. fuckin' pheromones.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know this pretty blond girl in school who fits the Fe sub. of all the girls i've flirted with she the only one i keep going back to. she sorta has a magnetic pull on me. i hate the weird power she seems to have over my emotions. she's so childish and concerned with what people think. she seems to believe she owns me which isn't entirely true! i think one of these days i'll finally have to give in and stop running around in circles. i wish romance didn't exist.
    Awwwwww. I love it when manly man loses all their control/power to a girlie. Teehee! <3333333333333
    INFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer
    Awwwwww. I love it when manly man loses all their control/power to a girlie. Teehee! <3333333333333
    nice
    IEI - the nasty kind...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you can play with his hearth. AZN girls, all th same

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol that's what they made you think.

lol @ the whole thing with INFp girls thinking they can man0polate the shit out of everyone. sure they are very good when it comes to retards. the others just let them think whatever they want when remaining in control. lol @ them justifying the whole thing with some bs lines like "I'm a girl I't ok to manipulate a bit yay" yeah it is kinda socially acceptabel for a girl to be emotionally manipulative but still most of them get labeled as bitches but nobody really voices it cuz they are so fucking sweet and disarming and when they are actually in front of you you start thinking of how to get in bed with them instead of calling them on bs and manipulation. so yeah they remain in their own bubble thinking they have the upper hand and that nobody notices their movements and grand scheme plans. they just make the sky rain a torrent of yawns.

lol @ my life long epic battle with them
    lol @ my plans for concentration camps for girls with walls painted in pink

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there's good stuff in dreamer's list.

My own take is this (some of it already said)

INFp-Fe is more likely to be mistaken for an ISFp; INFp-Ni, for an INTp

INFp-Fe will be more concerned about maintaining positive emotions, so more "charming", INFp-Ni can appear more often "sad" and ironic

INFp-Ni is more likely to assume an "angry teenager", "badass" personality on occasion than the INFp-Fe

INFp-Fe will be more concerned with peaceful co-existence within a group; INFp-Ni will be more likely to try to lead, subvert or leave the group

INFp-Fe is more likely to freely discuss ideas in an easy-going way; INFp-Ni can appear more rigid about ideas they care about

INFp-Fe makes more of a "diplomatic" impression, INFp-Ni more of a "lonely idealist" impression.

These differences are a bit exaggerated to make the point; of course they remain the same type and such differences may be subtle to spot.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp-Ni is more likely to assume an "angry teenager", "badass" personality on occasion than the INFp-Fe
    2pac Shakur!!!!1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AZN girls, all th same
    Fdg and others, could you stop with the azn stuff, it really bothers me for some psychological reason. Thanks.

Thanks Expat. That's exactly it. It's not iron clad. I didn't come up with all of those. Thoughts are very appericated.

lol that's what they made you think.

lol @ the whole thing with INFp girls thinking they can man0polate the shit out of everyone. sure they are very good when it comes to retards. the others just let them think whatever they want when remaining in control. lol @ them justifying the whole thing with some bs lines like "I'm a girl I't ok to manipulate a bit yay" yeah it is kinda socially acceptabel for a girl to be emotionally manipulative but still most of them get labeled as bitches but nobody really voices it cuz they are so fucking sweet and disarming and when they are actually in front of you you start thinking of how to get in bed with them instead of calling them on bs and manipulation. so yeah they remain in their own bubble thinking they have the upper hand and that nobody notices their movements and grand scheme plans. they just make the sky rain a torrent of yawns.

lol @ my life long epic battle with them
    lol @ my plans for concentration camps for girls with walls painted in pink
    Again, instead of going on and on about nonsense no one wants to hear, all you had to do is ignore it. I'm not talking about manipulation, I'm talking about love and how person each give up selfish stubborness, etc. And don't make a joke out of that either. How many times can everyone complain when all they have to do is ignore especially since it's not directed at them in any way.
    INFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you took your day too seriously

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, Krae, shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I think there's good stuff in dreamer's list.

My own take is this (some of it already said)

INFp-Fe is more likely to be mistaken for an ISFp; INFp-Ni, for an INTp

INFp-Fe will be more concerned about maintaining positive emotions, so more "charming", INFp-Ni can appear more often "sad" and ironic

INFp-Fe will be more concerned with peaceful co-existence within a group; INFp-Ni will be more likely to try to lead, subvert or leave the group

INFp-Fe is more likely to freely discuss ideas in an easy-going way; INFp-Ni can appear more rigid about ideas they care about

INFp-Fe makes more of a "diplomatic" impression, INFp-Ni more of a "lonely idealist" impression.

These differences are a bit exaggerated to make the point; of course they remain the same type and such differences may be subtle to spot.
    This seems fair, although I still dislike subtype descriptions. There is always a bias, no matter who seems to be writing. For the life of me, I still can't decide between the two. I guess it's acceptable so long as we qualify, as you did at the end, and Dreamer did in a separate post that they are both describing the same type. It would be interesting to have people make out little Venn-Diagrams have chart in what areas the two subtypes overlap for them, personally.

I remember seeing some really great subtype blurbs a long time ago, but I haven't been able to find them since.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This does outline the big differences one can see in, for instance Krae and Dreamer, or even Starfall and Dreamer (I've thought about Starfall being INTp).

Perhaps Auvi, you aren't a subtype and that's why you couldn't pick one or the other.

they just make the sky rain a torrent of yawns
    INFpoetry lol
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    Perhaps Auvi, you aren't a subtype and that's why you couldn't pick one or the other.
    But then, how shall I know what subtype of ESTp for whom I should shamelessly flaunt my vulnerable, bare ass?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But then, how shall I know what subtype of ESTp for whom I should shamelessly flaunt my vulnerable, bare ass?
    You get them both!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    You get them both!!!
    Exactly, so flaunt away!
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. I've always thought I was an INFp Fe subtype from quite a few blurbs about subtype descriptions... but the one that Expat just posted confused me.

I sound a lot more INFp Ni from those comparisons than Fe. I would much more likely be mistaken for an INTp than ISFp... I *think* - but that's just my opinion and I dunno how others view me.

I really do flip flop - I can be extremely charming and usually that is my default because I like to have good emotional expression ... so I do suppose I come off more ISFp to some. Then other times, I can be very reserved and uncomfortable .. mysterious-like. This is when people label me cold or snobby.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Hmm. I've always thought I was an INFp Fe subtype from quite a few blurbs about subtype descriptions... but the one that Expat just posted confused me.
    Well, you don't necessarily have a clear subtype.

Do you identify clearly more with one of the descriptions below? These are Meged's INFp subtype descriptions.

IDEALIST

Intuitive subtype appears by the calm, tactful, sluggish, uncertain of itself person. It seems torn from the reality, inert and little fitted out to the life. But this impression is erroneous, since it possesses the excellent intuition, which helps to it to establish useful connections and to find support in men of weight. It acts on those surrounding uspokaivayushche and rasslablyayushche. It is outwardly serene, but in the soul it is sentimental and inclined it takes a long time to survive its confusions. Mimicry is somewhat monotonous, frequently are expressed light surprise or complete interest by collocutor. View dreamy, slightly stressed, with the luster. It is frequently sad, attentive or only ironic. Speech measured off, smooth, intimate- sincere. On face almost constantly is present polite, locating to the confidence poluulybka(?). The gestures are modest, are timid, nedemonstrativnye. The gait is slow, is smooth.

DIPLOMAT

Ethical subtype produces the impression of soft, charming and emotional person. It usually appears voodushevlennym and optimistic. It possesses a good feeling of humor. About its problems and failures it can tell with the smile. It is ironic, sly, not predicted and inconsistent in the behavior and the conversation. Creating original contrasts, it can unexpectedly prick and so rapidly embrace, kiss. Artistichen, obayatelen, are natural in the contact, now and then even with the nuance of familiarity and unceremoniousness. It knows how to draw together distance. It is courteous, amiable and thoughtful. At times it is simply fascinating, is so great of its skill pleasing and of locating to itself people. It knows how to persuade. It presents requests in such form, which to it is difficult to refuse. Motions are elegant, even theatrical. The gait is graceful, is rapid. The speech is emotional, is rich in nuances, sometimes melodious.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh.. both! A lot of the Ni actually fits me now that I read it over again.
    Hmm, but I was always under the impression that they were much less emotionally expressive than Fe .. and much more calm while Fe can be the melodramatic type (definitely me) and manipulative, even. (sad, but true.)

Does it make any difference if I really value Ti? I dunno if there is a deeper meaning behind it but I've noticed I really get along with those that have Ti in their Ego block... no matter what type they are: ENTp, INTj, ISTj, ESTp ...

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Does it make any difference if I really value Ti? I dunno if there is a deeper meaning behind it but I've noticed I really get along with those that have Ti in their Ego block... no matter what type they are: ENTp, INTj, ISTj, ESTp ...
    It probably means that you are closer to Fe subtype, but it's likely a slight preference.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really value Ti but I tend to be suspicious of other people's ti.
    Manipulation isn't sad. It happens with many types subconsciously or not. Nothing to be ashamed of. It's not like we're the most manipulative type.
    I also agree that you can be an INFP with no subtype.

Then other times, I can be very reserved and uncomfortable .. mysterious-like. This is when people label me cold or snobby.
    I can be that way too mostly if I'm angry.

Some ni subtypes can actually be more sociable than fe subtypes, I think fe subtypes just cares more and wants everyone to fit into their given roles.

While Herzy can have a deeper connection with ni subtypes, I think I'll most likely have a deeper connection with ti subtypes. Just a little sidenote.
    INFP

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some ni subtypes can actually be more sociable than fe subtypes, I think fe subtypes just cares more and wants everyone to fit into their given roles.

While Herzy can have a deeper connection with ni subtypes, I think I'll most likely have a deeper connection with ti subtypes. Just a little sidenote.
    Hmm, these two points struck me as interesting ...

Where did you get the basis for your statement that Ni can be more sociable than Fe? I really thought the opposite. I believe I have an Ni subtype friend (definitely INFp, at least) and she is very similar to me, just much more within her own head, less expressive and talkative than I am.

I believe I would have a "deeper" connection with ESTp Ti subtypes as well ^^
    But I don't know that since I've had no experience with either subtype. I've only been close with one ESTp, my ex (*sigh*) who now barely acknowledges my existence but upon observation, I believe he was the Se subtype

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel the same as scarlet. According to your descriptions expat I'm a Ni subtype as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did you get the basis for your statement that Ni can be more sociable than Fe? I really thought the opposite. I believe I have an Ni subtype friend (definitely INFp, at least) and she is very similar to me, just much more within her own head, less expressive and talkative than I am.
    Well, it's not impossible as it seems like Fe subtypes gets more insecure about how they present to the public so it's possible for Ni subtypes to be more sociable as they're not as anal about it. Just a fleeting thought.
    INFP

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    You get them both!!!
    Exactly, so flaunt away!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    All of them!
    Oh, right. I'm versatile.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast