Thread: Se Bad at it :(

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Se Bad at it :(

When I look at any one shade and stare at it for hours on end and I close my eyes and walk away, I will not have remembered any of the shade, the color, the static perception does not take hold, in my mind the color changes fast very fast and I can't grasp it's quality no matter how hard I try.

Definition of Se devaluing and weak Se.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I thought the thread title said 'So bad at it', so I was confused when the OP didn't contain the phrase "Socionics".

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would you stare at shades for hours?

to make sure she's bad at it

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is yet another boring attempt at manipulating and making fun of forum members she deems as Se. Yawn

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the16types View Post
    to make sure she's bad at it
    Aha. :/ I'm sure there are better things to do.
    Anyway, do you think playing a song by ear is something comparable or similar? Friends of mine who I think are Se base and can play an instrument seem to be always able to do it.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mfckr View Post
    I'd assume that's something which comes with being well-versed in playing an instrument.
    Not necessarily. You can be a master at your instrument and still be tone deaf and unable to improvise.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mfckr View Post
    I'd assume that's something which comes with being well-versed in playing an instrument.
    Indeed. By practice you create more neural pathways in areas of the brain that are associated with playing an instrument and mimicking others playing.

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    Not necessarily. You can be a master at your instrument and still be tone deaf and unable to improvise.
    Unless you have some brain damage or whatever, anyone who puts in about 10000 hours into playing can play by ear I reckon.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inguz View Post
    .Unless you have some brain damage or whatever, anyone who puts in about 10000 hours into playing can play by ear I reckon.
    Not unless you're a cat - they have 140 more neurons than a dog even though their brains are smaller.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless you have some brain damage or whatever, anyone who puts in about 10000 hours into playing can play by ear I reckon.
    Well, I have a friend who had about 12 years of piano lessons, spend a lot of time practicing and was really good at playing. But only with sheet music. If I told her to just play a variation of Am-F-G-C she would stare at me with big eyes and then say, that she couldn't do it. Ah, well, maybe it comes along with listening to a lot of music. She isn't really interested in music anyways.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I have a friend who had about 12 years of piano lessons, spend a lot of time practicing and was really good at playing. But only with sheet music. If I told her to just play a variation of Am-F-G-C she would stare at me with big eyes and then say, that she couldn't do it. Ah, well, maybe it comes along with listening to a lot of music. She isn't really interested in music anyways.
    Obviously she never learned kinda basic music theory.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geminatronix View Post
    It is yet another boring attempt at manipulating and making fun of forum members she deems as Se. Yawn
    Really? You see these sort of actions (of hers) with such ill intent? I've always saw them as honest, just incredibly dumb.
    Easy Day

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously she never learned kinda basic music theory.
    I'm sure she knows some. She is just not someone who just starts playing around on an instrument. Either she is playing this or that piece by Beethoven or the piano stands around and gets covered in dust.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Really? You see these sort of actions (of hers) with such ill intent? I've always saw them as honest, just incredibly dumb.
    Well initially and some of them yes. But then i noticed that she *innocently* also starts these threads with private info about people she is currently arguing with. It builds a fuller picture.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well initially and some of them yes. But then i noticed that she *innocently* also starts these threads with private info about people she is currently arguing with. It builds a fuller picture.
    Ah, ok. That makes sense. I suppose you are correct then. I just don't pay enough attention to catch that sort of thing myself.
    Easy Day

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so bad at Ni that even when I try hard to imagen a place I've never been I recall all the time places I saw before because of strong Si

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post
    I am so bad at Ni that even when I try hard to imagen a place I've never been I recall all the time places I saw before because of strong Si
    I'm even worse with Ni - I can't imagine places I've never been to at all.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do this all the time, it's like a parallel world in my head.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's even worse with Fe. I am So incapable of reading emotions that I never knew when it's enough to annoye people. I often got beaten up because of that. True Story: There was this Hells Angels guy I told him about 10 mins how ridicoulous his outfit looks and that his bike with the long curved bar looks like a three wheel bike for children. My Si saw his facial expressions changing But i was unable to Interpret it. All the time i was thinking we have a nice fashion/bike conversation. Anyway the next thing I remember was waking up in the Hospital.
    Without a beloved IEE Dual who could explain me with Fi creative and Fe demonstrative why what happened I'd still be in the dark.

Others with said Super-Ego stories?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It's even worse with Fe. I am So incapable of reading emotions that I never knew when it's enough to annoye people. I often got beaten up because of that. True Story: There was this Hells Angels guy I told him about 10 mins how ridicoulous his outfit looks and that his bike with the long curved bar looks like a three wheel bike for children. My Si saw his facial expressions changing But i was unable to Interpret it. All the time i was thinking we have a nice fashion/bike conversation. Anyway the next thing I remember was waking up in the Hospital.
    Without a beloved IEE Dual who could explain me with Fi creative and Fe demonstrative why what happened I'd still be in the dark.
    omg lol

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, d'aw, too cute.

I have stories of Se-tardness. I used to go to a gym regularly, it had a glass door, I still do not remember weather you were supposed to push or pull this door but every time I went I managed to do it wrong both entering and exiting the place to the occaisional amusement of the reception staff (and my embarrassment) who could sometimes view this. One day I stood there so confused and I could not work out what was wrong, then the reception lady came up to me and informed me that the door was open...ops

InvisibruJim

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...Super-Ego stories?
    make I sentences my Ti unable bad sense
    everything sense make speak out no jumble
    "grammar check" use I forum post
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? I think, you don't need to be a social expert to know that one must never ever make bad comments on an Hell's Angels guy's motor bike. It's like going to a mother and telling her that her kid is an ugly asshole that doesn't deserve to live.

Well, things that happen to me frequently is going outside while it's raining without a rain jacket and getting drenched. Or I go to university and forget to take something to drink, then I realize I also don't have loose cash to get something from a vending machine. Or I wake up one day and at about 5 pm I realize I have a headache because I haven't drunk anything for the whole day. Sometimes I just don't feel thirst. I'm not good when it comes to Si, I suppose.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    make I sentences my Ti unable bad sense
    everything sense make speak out no jumble
    "grammar check" use I forum post
    Yoda?

InvisibruJim

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Why would you stare at shades for hours?
    To try to remember which one it is in application with other things

My boyfriend is AWESOME. He says "honey, when it comes to design you don't want to mess with me. I'll tell you this blue goes with that blue and it matches with this rug..." hehe. I love him.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yoda?
    old man little ears green big not I
    me you fun are making Ti polr??
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I never quite got the necessity of stuff matching. I have a pretty mismatched living space I am afraid...but then mismatch creates creativity and new forms of beauty, yeah? Pretty please?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Se polr so I have a remote-controlled robot doppelganger that does all the physical tasks for me as I'm unable to move myself. Good thing my family is rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post

My boyfriend is AWESOME. He says "honey, when it comes to design you don't want to mess with me. I'll tell you this blue goes with that blue and it matches with this rug..." hehe. I love him.
    So you mean like when you want to color your room new and you're going to the building center and look for a color that fits to your room? I don't have much of a problem with that.
    There's also one simple rule I tend to follow: "Grün und Blau schmückt die Sau." ~ "Green and blue adorns the sow", unfortunately it doesn't rhyme in English.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So you mean like when you want to color your room new and you're going to the building center and look for a color that fits to your room? I don't have much of a problem with that.
    There's also one simple rule I tend to follow: "Grün und Blau schmückt die Sau." ~ "Green and blue adorns the sow", unfortunately it doesn't rhyme in English.
    That's a really nice rule to follow
    -

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? I think, you don't need to be a social expert to know that one must never ever make bad comments on an Hell's Angels guy's motor bike. It's like going to a mother and telling her that her kid is an ugly asshole that doesn't deserve to live.

Well, things that happen to me frequently is going outside while it's raining without a rain jacket and getting drenched. Or I go to university and forget to take something to drink, then I realize I also don't have loose cash to get something from a vending machine. Or I wake up one day and at about 5 pm I realize I have a headache because I haven't drunk anything for the whole day. Sometimes I just don't feel thirst. I'm not good when it comes to Si, I suppose.
    Actually I was just kidding with the Bad Ni and the Bad Fe. Even though the Ni thing is at least half true.
    Lol But i dont get who got me wrong and who not. Thats a real example of Fe Ni Super Ego failing.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sometimes get so caught up in whatever I am thinking about that I'm at risk of running into poles. I usually say "excuse me" and "I'm sorry" to the pole before I realize it's a pole I am talking to. Worse is when I turn back to resume walking, and immediately notice someone staring at me weirdly.

The following had been posted to another forum years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise old post from other forum
    For example, I don't tend to pay much attention to my concrete environment. Yes, I use my senses to help me get around in this world. But other than a general idea of where an item is located, I'm not that interested in sensory details. I spend a lot of time in my head, rummaging around the ideas and thoughts that are up there. This means that I don't develop strong neural connections related to sensory information. Which means that the outside world is rather drab to me. Which means I don't spend much time paying attention to it. Which means I don't develop strong neural connections. And so the cycle continues.

One day I left Richard at home while I drove into town. When I got home, I parked my van in the usual spot in our driveway. I walked up to the fence, opened it, and then wondered where Richard's car was. Usually he parks right in front of the fence. Did he go somewhere? I looked around on the street, but didn't see his car. Odd, maybe he went to the corner store or shell station down the road. I went through the fence, closed it, and then started up the steps of the porch. And then I saw that the door was open, and I heard noise inside. WTF? Richard is a stickler about locking up the door for going to the corner store, he would never have left the house unlocked if he took his car anywhere. Maybe he was trying to prank me by hiding his car. I walked back down the stairs and out to the street and looked up and down. I couldn't see any place he would hide his car. Oh fuck, that must mean someone's broken into our house. What do I do? But what if it IS him?? I grabbed a tree limb that we had cut off a tree. I walked back up the stairs, setting down the items I had. I heard the noise, the person was in the kitchen. Should I stay? Go? Call the police? I hesitated trying to figure out what would I do if it IS a burglar.

Suddenly, the door opened. Oh fuck this guy's big!!!
    I couldn't see him well, just the outline, his face was shadowed.
    I stuttered, and froze, part of me wanting to run, the other part indignant that someone dare break into MY HOME!!!
    The man pushed the screen door open further than I had it.
    Do I scream? Run? Threaten him?
    Why the hell haven't I done anything yet. I'm usually not so indecisive in emergencies. It was like a part of me was holding myself back..."wait and see".
    And then suddenly the features became recognizable.
    It was Richard.

What the hell? Where's your car??
    Uh, where it always is?
    No it's not, I just came from there. I even looked down the street to see if I could see it, it's not there.
    Yes it is!
    No, it's not, I LOOKED!

He pushed me (lightly) out the door and I turned to point to where his car's supposed to be.

There it was, where it always is.
    WTF? Did he get someone to drive his car back in to finish the prank?
    No, it had been there the whole time.
    I had even had to drive my van AROUND his car to park, and then go out of my way to walk around the car so that I could get to the gate.
    *I* never registered the presence of the car. Yet obviously my body/mind had as I had done that driving around and walking around to avoid it.

Ok, yes, that was an extreme example....and very embarrassing.
    But still, even in regular day things, Richard is often astounded that I don't seem to notice nor remember certain things (which ARE sensory based) that would have required my paying conscious attention to. Like the remote control being right in front of me. Or which skirt my daughter was wearing. Or that that board doesn't actually line up with the other board. He's constantly amazed that I make so many errors judging distances, and that I can never seem to remember how much distance a "foot" is. Yes, I know it's "12 inches" but how does that translate into how far I should move this table over?? I freeze up, and it takes me a few moments to pull that information out of my head. And I'm always over-estimating or under-estimating the needed distance.

I believe that it's because I don't pay much attention to these kinds of things, that lead to weak neural connections regarding these things, that lead to it not being a part of my major neural network system in my head, and further leads to my not paying much attention to these things.
    And a thread where I was curious about positive/negative space from a drawing book I was reading.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...negative-space
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry @Geminatronix you went frequently to a gym->SEE AND CONFIRM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry @Geminatronix you went frequently to a gym->SEE AND CONFIRM.

But, but... i had a pesonal trainer because i just couldn't cope in there on my own.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I sometimes get so caught up in whatever I am thinking about that I'm at risk of running into poles. I usually say "excuse me" and "I'm sorry" to the pole before I realize it's a pole I am talking to. Worse is when I turn back to resume walking, and immediately notice someone staring at me weirdly.

The following had been posted to another forum years ago.

And a thread where I was curious about positive/negative space from a drawing book I was reading.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...negative-space

I do this all the time- Hit a door, think it's a person "Sorry!" or I'll knock on the breakroom door at work because I forget it's a public area.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I was just kidding with the Bad Ni and the Bad Fe. Even though the Ni thing is at least half true.
    Lol But i dont get who got me wrong and who not. Thats a real example of Fe Ni Super Ego failing.
    So that story was made up. I thought so.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a really nice rule to follow
    Yes, it is. It was invented by the German comedy duo "Badesalz" ("bathing salt").

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I look at any one shade and stare at it for hours on end and I close my eyes and walk away, I will not have remembered any of the shade, the color, the static perception does not take hold, in my mind the color changes fast very fast and I can't grasp it's quality no matter how hard I try.

Definition of Se devaluing and weak Se.
    Wow, if this is Se then I am very good at this kind of Se. I have an excellent color memory even for subtle shades.

In college a painting prof criticized me when he gave a color chart assignment, a grid of squares to paint in oil in analogous and other combinations and I spent intense weeks on an embellished series of these, some with just subtle variations of previous ones, he thought it was a waste of time and even devalued my class grade some points, yet, to me it was worth it; I got so much out of that exercise and still have those charts and those color combinations are imprinted in my memory and when I see things related to those color groupings I remember and make the connections...and would like to go back and spend more time on new subtle variations...

Oil paints are so messy though, a major operation to have them out.

So this and my love of arranging things, like things in a room to be aesthetically pleasing, I thought this was a type of Si maybe. I can actually feel uncomfortable in a work or home* environment that is aesthetically displeasing. If I am going to spend productive time there I need to correct it.

*(however my home or areas of it can get quite messy at times! particularly when distracted or because I am overwhelmed)

When I was in grad school it was an intense time because I was teaching 500 kids a week, then evenings driving across town to college at night, only scraps of time available to study, and my bad marraige that I was in denial about didn't help any. So a super-sensitivity about aesthetics was probably heightened because of great pressure I was under all the time..

Well one of my classes (in this otherwise gorgeous college that was always peace-giving to drive into and to walk across campus and into the beautiful buildings) was in this brightly florescent-lit room with garish rust-orange carpet. They had those small arm-rest chairs so when I took notes all class this ugly carpet sort of enveloped my field of vision, and I was annoyed. I needed calm to concentrate and I needed to do well because I SURE did not want to take the class over.

So I went to the fabric store and found a fabric of pleasing pattern of various blues with the tiniest traces of the orange of the floor in it (to coordinate) while being as a whole the very opposite color of the orange floor. I got out my Elmers and scissors and completely covered my notebook in it, inside and out, so that now its color surrounded my paper when I wrote notes - oh, and I switched to pale blue matte stationary for note-taking, as the white paper had glared in the bright room - and tese two things being of opposite color, "canceled out" the orange - and the annoyance. It did bring me peace and it was a perfect solution for me (which I never told anyone, thinking no one could ever relate to it.)

But other people's messy houses I can take. I see the person, the comfort of the interaction is what matters to me. Someone might start apologizing about the mess if that is their situation but I always say, "But I can't see it. I block it out".

However if I am going to spend a few days as a guest I have to hollow out a little section of order, usually that's just my own guest room. Or if we are home and not out-and-about all the time I will get started straightening the living room or cleaning the kitchen.. I did that with my SLI, at first relaxing and talking amidst the chaos and eating meals balanced on laps since the table was piled high with junk and mess, just enjoying his company. But then after some time I had to make headway, and started with the kitchen, and then I (we) never stopped - now coming up on two years since that first visit, its perfect: all organized, everything in its designated place, no junk, extremely pleasing colors and shining surfaces.. It took some time!

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa said, re: @kadda1212, "Why would you stare at shades for hours?":

Isn't it great when you compliment each other and can be in charge of different areas for each other?

I am pretty good at remembering shades. I have been dong a lot of staging and arranging at SLIs house and used my remembering of color a lot, sometimes not bringing along the paint swatch or items, just putting them in my memory. Even though it matters to me a LOT that I get it right, I instead rely on my color memory. If I get it wrong, which I do occasionally, its okay, I enjoy figuring out why I got it wrong, to hone my skill.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pick up the sample paint card at Home Depot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast