Thread: FJ's and Mechanics

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default FJ's and Mechanics....

Wow: http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/mechanic.asf

I wonder if she knew something was wrong but didn't have the authority to argue it.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pathetic.....

Richard will love it!!!
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, that makes me justice-tosterone boil!

It's semi-sad because I've actually seen it happen to Fjs before .......
    (for real, and with no joke, but a big bill)

Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    Wow: http://www.voltsamps.com/upload/mechanic.asf

I wonder if she knew something was wrong but didn't have the authority to argue it.

To give the girl credit, I am sure she knew something was up relatively soon, but was too F orientated to stop the conversation. She put up with it to be nice.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my husband laughed out loud.

My dad (ENFj) so gets taken advantage of by mechanics. LOL
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To give the girl even more credit....she sounded like she was ready to laugh about midway through. Like she was playing a role.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be, only listened to it once.

Or are you sure it wasn't one of those 'nervous laughs'?
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    Could be, only listened to it once.

Or are you sure it wasn't one of those 'nervous laughs'?
    Richard just listened to it..so I listened for what I thought I had heard....and yeah, it couldve been a nervous laugh...a "i'm getting confused/overwhelmed" kind of thing.

Odd thing, though, is that even when they told her it was a joke, her tone didn't change at all...no relief, nor hahaha until the very end, she's got a kind of monotonous voice.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I've seen that with Fjs, too. I really don't know about the girl in the tape, but in other situations I've seen it play out like that before in real life. The Fj remained in the state of being compliant, and her tone/appearance didn't change until a while later, after a sort of reset.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She could very well have been a slightly mature sounding 18-25 year old. They said her dad played this on her, so she probably isn't too old. Sounded like a station that would have a good audience of 40-60 year old listeners. Just guessing from that one hearing (for fun).

Actually, listening to it again....

I think that was relatively spot on assesment. It would be like me being approached by a salesman about flowers or something, or arranging a party or a wedding or something like that... with some sort of logical necessitation, or a reason for me not to blow them off ....... well....... ......yeah, you know what I was getting at.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    I think that was relatively spot on assesment. It would be like me being approached by a salesman about flowers or something, or arranging a party or a wedding or something like that... with some sort of logical necessitation, or a reason for me not to blow them off ....... well....... ......yeah, you know what I was getting at.

If you prove someone with authority wrong, you automatically by laws of nature earn their level of authority and they loose it. She could not correct him because she would have taken his source of pride, which is something an FJ person would never do.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I felt really sad for her. Especially the tyres... "We don't have to do the spare".

Most of it confused me, because I don't know anything about cars, but I constantly had a feeling that the guy was probing her for the amount of money he can get. Money scams are evil.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I felt really sad for her. Especially the tyres... "We don't have to do the spare".

Most of it confused me, because I don't know anything about cars, but I constantly had a feeling that the guy was probing her for the amount of money he can get. Money scams are evil.
    Yeah, I feel sorry for how stupid she is. You don't need to be an expert about cars to know he is bsing her, it just takes a little common sense. The point of having a safety belt is so that when things go wrong, they don't go too wrong... but, if someone refuses to wear it and happens to get in an accident then it is not the fault of the safety belt for not saving them.

Simply put if someone is stupid enough to be scammed then they are also to blame. Not to say that what the scammer did was not morally wrong, but it would not have worked if the people did not follow along with it, and thought a little.

Creepy-pokeball

Im off to buy some halogen fluid....

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the guy did bring up the transmission being stolen thing, and then asked her how often she has to go into reverse and how she can get a discount if she gets a transmission that doesn't go into reverse.....She's been driving the damned car....going into reverse...that was a total set up for her to finally catch the joke. And still....monotonous voice response...kind of like she wasn't really processing what he was saying.

Richard says that if she was a young spoiled rich kid who'd never had to pay attention to cars and how the car is built (aka how the watch was built), then she'd not have a clue what he was talking about. Only in that context could Richard see her responses as being plausible.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp