Thread: Thoughts of this sort of body art?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

its okay when the redness wears off but still not really up my alley aesthetically. but its not bad. shrug, diff'rent strokes.
    i like the leg one here the best.
    the texture component is interesting, though. like it makes you want to stroke the skin and see how it feels.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's like skin braille.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen people doing that.
    It's actually kind of fascinating to watch. It's sort of like getting a tattoo, only it's not necessarily permanent.
    Usually the people doing it will either
    A) make a meaningful symbol to them both. Each renewal of the symbol is akin to renewing their vows to each other.
    B) turn the body into an artist's canvas. Some artist's are fabulous, some are doodlers.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like someone is turning into a doily.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not mind it at all, some scarification leans towards the enjoyment of pain imo, and then i do wonder about it. Not just in a 'this hurts' way but also as if the person having it on display is stating 'here i am see my tortured soul on exibit, i'm damaged' .... it can have its own sort of emo beauty as well as being arty

Edit: You posted some pretty tame stuff. Some of the more clustered and higher raised scarification I find hard to look at, I think it feeds into a phobia/dislike for many little things all together, like swarms of insects. eewk

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gross.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Because that's exactly what it is. A wound. Way to open your skin up to infection, morons.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you imagine being intimate with someone who had those? Itd feel like a crop of pimples. Barf.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's definitely better than what I saw today at a restaurant. Unfortunately I don't have a photo, because I don't just take photos of random people I meet on the street, of course. But she had piercings...everywhere...both her ears where full with piercings, her face, her arms, her cleavage. And it was all full of rashes, inflammations and pus-filled pimples. There maybe a masochistic tendency in doing stuff like that with your skin.

TIM
    ILI 5w6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't understand why and it makes my skin shiver to look at.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Clearly Fe.

retired
    TIM
    Se
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just looking at the OP gives me shivers. I can just imagine being creeped out by touching them. Then again that sort of body modding is totally new to me, so I imagine I could get used to it at a certain point of exposure.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae16t View Post
    I would probably want to touch the 2nd photo, if I knew it was temporary and fun. I have this little succulent with a similar ribbed pattern to the back of the leaves, and they're always fun to pass by and touch. It is related to thse, but it is a miniature plant:

I dunno --- I could see the fun and benefit of exploring some things on a partner, if they were not a big deal or temporary. Sometimes an impact can really ring back into your mind when you're not thinking about anything in particular.
    Oh yeah, if it's temporary then I'd probably be okay with it. A permanent one seems like the kind of thing you'd regret a few months/years down the line. Then again I don't do any body modding at all, never been something that interested me.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have doodled stuff on myself with sharp objects before so why not. I wonder how challenging that technique is since my scars just fade away.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    I have doodled stuff on myself with sharp objects before so why not. I wonder how challenging that technique is since my scars just fade away.
    Self-harm syndrome.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just curious about certain kinds of scarification. For example, is this [image] going to look better when it is healed, or is this already healed? Because if this is the finished product, I don't like it.
    Last edited by Taknamay; 11-15-2013 at 04:00 AM.
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post
    I'm just curious about certain kinds of scarification. For example, is this [image] going to look better when it is healed, or is this already healed? Because if this is the finished product, I don't like it.

Yah Tak, it does seem that some are finished with that raw coloring intentionally, they may add something to make it like that idk. I think it, like many other things, becomes addictive and the more extreme it gets the less I can identify with it, it becomes the same as substance misuse and that touches certain parts of me I am uncomfortable with.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tak, I think that image was a technique that literally removed skin. So the scarring will last signifcantly longer. As long as any normal scar. And it won't look so "pretty" after it heals. (Edited to add: It could also have been fire branded in, but something about that seems off to my memory.)

The OP's first pic with the zigzag's on the leg, I think added something to the cutting, so the skin would heal around it.

The second and third pics of the OP, I think are pretty much just raised inflamed skin. This can be created through things like using a ball-pointed clay carving tool. It usually is gone after a few weeks to a few months, but has a risk of parts being more permanent, like a fine scar.

I think the OP's last one is similar to the previous two, but I'm not really sure.

Note: i no longer have links to the how-tos for that stuff, so am going by a few years of forgotten memory of reading some on that topic.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ouch.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather get tattoo than do this.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks very grose for me.

If it were a men it would probably appear a bit less grose for me

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

health reasons aside, it does look kinda cool. very novel (for the time being)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it! especially coupled with a tattoo. Its interesting and unique.

patterns make u look fat

also if u google maggie gyllenhaal socionics a cute picture of aquagraph comes up in the resuts

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Seems fun.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I guess it's a matter of degree. The euler's identity one really looks gross to me though :/
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse