IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You Have
    Tendency Not To Rely on Top/Very Strong Tendency Not To Rely on Bottom

Which Means
    You tend to think in Adaptor Mode (you are open to being absorbed by local events, are action-oriented and responsive to ongoing situations), but sometimes think in Stimulator Mode instead (you make and act on plans, but do not always register consequences and adjust plans accordingly).
    ---

The vast majority of my answers were "undecided" because I could think of plenty of times when I might agree, and plenty where I might disagree.

---
    Adding the relevant descriptions from the link:
    Adapter Mode: People who think in this mode are not caught up in initiating plans, nor are they fully focused on classifying and interpreting what they experience. Instead, they become absorbed by local events and the immediate requirements of the situation. They are responsive and action-oriented and tend to "go with the flow." Others see them as free-spirited and fun to be with.

Stimulator Mode: People who think in this mode often create and execute complex and detailed plans (using the top-brain system) but fail to register consistently and accurately the consequences of acting on those plans (using the bottom-brain system). They don't update or correct their plans when events unfold in unexpected ways.

I do not agree with the last sentence of Stimulator Mode because not updating/correcting would contradict the Adaptor Mode, which is my primary mode. Hence why I prefer "Next Step" planning. Becausethe step after that could always change, as could the initial goal.
    Last edited by anndelise; 10-20-2013 at 02:53 PM.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You Have
    Very Strong Tendency To Rely on Top/Tendency To Rely on Bottom
    Which Means
    You tend to think in Mover Mode (you tend to make and act on plans, register consequences, and adjust plans accordingly) but sometimes think in Stimulator Mode instead (you make and act on plans, but do not always register consequences and adjust plans accordingly).

sounds EJ to me. Possibly correct since I'm Ti sub, and getting older, where I've learned to adapt to my weaknesses by bringing others in, usually sensors and negativists, and especially at work. Work is so pressured and chaotic for a government middle manager you can't do all your own thinking, especially if you're going to move quickly and strike while the iron is hot.

I find that sensing negativists will pick up on the glass is half full....what do we really need to get this done? Also will provide important facts and details that can be incorporated into the overall plan, will be critical and pragmatic.

By inviting the participation of these types, especially ones who are older and more experienced, a lot of time and headaches are saved.

Zola thanks for fixing the link I'm on an old iPad not sure what the problem is.
    Anndelise, does your test result ring true for you?
    Last edited by Blaze; 10-20-2013 at 03:22 PM.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Zola thanks for fixing the link I'm on an old iPad not sure what the problem is.
    Anndelise, does your test result ring true for you?
    I call my ipad my iPain.

I think adapter mode fits my usual mode. I cyce between active times and inactive times. If an event/situation happens I become active in response to it, and am able to adapt quickly to changes that occur. During this time I'm not making plans to implement, but am just responding.

However, when there is a lull in the timing I will use that to either recouperate energy by resting, soothing myself, and/or I will try to work out a next step plan to the situation.

When there is nothing happening in my life, and I'm bored, then I will prompt mysef into action by making simple plans or starting/resuming a project. (Like working on the garden, decluttering, things that help me further align my immediate environment towards a a spiritual value or comfort.) And when I am not in the mood to be productive but want some more relaxing/enjoyable activity, I will turn to more playful and interesting hobbies. Very few of these "projects" (I pretty much refer to every intentional activity as a "project") would require extensive planning. And since I prefer to be able to adapt to whatever comes up, it makes little sense to think beyond 1-3 steps.

Edited to add:
    I would totally burn out in mover mode. That much intensity would take away any enjoyment from life, for me.
    And their perceiving mode is ok for some situations, like when trying to find a solution to a problem. But that would be a supportive head clearing measure rather than a way of life for me.

Edited to add again,
    Ugh, but the stimulator mode includes thinking ouside the box, which I tend to do,
    And the adaptor mode included "Because they can easily embrace the plans of others," which I cannot do. (I am more likely to insert my own vision instead.)
    Last edited by anndelise; 10-20-2013 at 03:47 PM.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wondering if reinin dichotomies might be more suited than temperament. Such as maybe some combination of:
    Tactical/Strategic
    Process/Result
    Carefree/Farsighted
    Reasonable/Decisive
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bottom brain=tactical, result, carefree, reasonable
    top brain=strategic, process, farsighted, decisive

could be. i'm not always totally bought into the reinin dichotomies mapping entirely to type.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    could be. i'm not always totally bought into the reinin dichotomies mapping entirely to type.
    Me neither. That is way too many things to combine into a mere 16 complete packages.
    I think people are more complex than that, so while I think each person might have strong tendencies towards a few of those dichotomies, they might be flexible in a few others. Basically, I actually prefer to look at it as a separate system, which could also be used as a subtyping system to socionics' types.

Edited to add:
    bottom brain=tactical, result, carefree, reasonable
    top brain=strategic, process, farsighted, decisive
    all bottom brain gives enfp, all top brain gives esfp.
    Yet, descriptions of these types counters this guy's theory.
    (Maybe not the best dichotomies to use...if any)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Creepy-bg

You Have
    Tendency Not To Rely on Top/Tendency Not To Rely on Bottom
    Which Means
    You think in situational Adaptor Mode: you are open to being absorbed by local events, are action-oriented and responsive to ongoing situations, but you are particularly context dependent.

sounds good.

(and welcome back Blaze! )

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You Have
    Tendency Not To Rely on Top/Tendency To Rely on Bottom

Which Means
    You think in situational Perceiver Mode: you tend to interpret what is experienced, put it in context, and understand the implications, but you are particularly context dependent.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You Have

Which Means
    You think in situational Adaptor Mode: you are open to being absorbed by local events, are action-oriented and responsive to ongoing situations, but you are particularly context dependent.

Some of these questions were annoyingly ambiguous. Damn you, English language.
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depending on how many questions I leave unanswered I get either stimulator mode or adaptor mode but reading them I feel all I can really say is that mover is probably not accurate.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ahh, those perceivers, Oy vey.

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You Have

Which Means

TIM
    it's so pretty type
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You Have
    Which Means

Yep.

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You Have
    Which Means
    You think in situational Perceiver Mode: you tend to interpret what is experienced, put it in context, and understand the implications, but you are particularly context dependent.

---
    Perceiver mode results when the bottom-brain system is highly utilized in optional ways but the top is not. Think of the Dalai Lama or Emily Dickinson. People who habitually rely on Perceiver mode try to make sense in depth of what they perceive; they interpret their experiences, place them in context and try to understand the implications.

But they don't make and execute grand plans. By definition, such people—including naturalists, pastors, novelists—typically lead lives away from the limelight. Those who rely on this mode often play a crucial role in a group; they can make sense of events and provide a bigger picture. In business, they are key members of teams, providing perspective and wisdom but not always getting credit.

---
    Seems okay.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

You Have
    Which Means

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    You Have

Which Means

Some of these questions were annoyingly ambiguous. Damn you, English language.

well fuck plants and paints and shit like that. what kind of art fags made this test?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You Have
    Tendency To Rely on Top/Tendency To Rely on Bottom
    Which Means
    You think in situational Mover Mode: You tend to make and act on plans, register consequences, and adjust plans accordingly, but are particularly context dependent.

well how can't you be context dependent. If you're bossing people around all the time you're just an asshole.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You Have
    Very Strong Tendency To Rely on Top/Very Strong Tendency To Rely on Bottom
    Which Means
    You usually think in Mover Mode: You make and act on plans, register consequences, and adjust plans accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    well fuck plants and paints and shit like that. what kind of art fags made this test?
    Landscapes are landscapes and portraits are portraits - easy to differentiate.

Funneh test, though.
    Last edited by Absurd; 10-22-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You Have
    Tendency Not To Rely on Top/Very Strong Tendency Not To Rely on Bottom
    Which Means
    You tend to think in Adaptor Mode (you are open to being absorbed by local events, are action-oriented and responsive to ongoing situations), but sometimes think in Stimulator Mode instead (you make and act on plans, but do not always register consequences and adjust plans accordingly).

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Seems interesting, don't think the top brain bottom brain aspect is exactly temperament, it seems like it might include something else.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same result as FDG:

You Have
    Tendency To Rely on Top/Tendency To Rely on Bottom
    Which Means
    You think in situational Mover Mode: You tend to make and act on plans, register consequences, and adjust plans accordingly, but are particularly context dependent.
    ---

Yes, not bad. I do in fact rely on context as I tend to be very adept at accomplishing goals while also remaining symbolic. Call it my signature, if you will.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You Have
    Which Means