Thread: Identical relations: ISTp and ISTp

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Identical relations: ISTp and ISTp

SLI talk
    Two SLIs together will tend to talk about what they're doing right at the moment, about things they know how to do and how they do them, physical states, and details about their health and lifestyle. The tone of conversations is generally low-key and somewhat monotone, punctuated by bursts of laughter.
    I agree with everything you said. I find it very easy and relaxing to talk with other SLI's...it's very rare that I ever feel at ease with others but i do with them. I don't feel like they're judgemental or get offended because i'm not all smiles and super talkative like everyone else...i feel like they "get" me without really knowing me. I can just be, no explanations needed. If the world ever runs out of IEE's, I'm getting me a SLI.
    Last edited by silke; 10-19-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This gives me and idea. I'll see if I can get the SLIs I know to sniff out other SLIs. Mwhahahahha. I wonder if that would lead to some kind of jealousy though...hmmm :\

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    The potentially bad:

- With other SLI’s, if there is not a mutual topic of interest, it can take a bit of effort to get the ball rolling, but once it does, we tend to have a lot of fun discussing all sorts of things. We generate new topics of discussion by asking each other questions about our experiences with and/or ideas about things, and going from there. It sometimes takes more effort than interacting with, say, a dual, but I don’t necessarily see this as a bad thing at all; it feels like we’re both growing in the process.
    Sorry to derail a bit, but for me it's the other way around. It does take an effort to develop the feeling of partnership, which is something I agree with in Smilingeyes' article.

OK, continue...

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    Sorry to derail a bit, but for me it's the other way around. It does take an effort to develop the feeling of partnership, which is something I agree with in Smilingeyes' article.

OK, continue...
    I'm not sure what you mean. Can you link to the article, please?

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you link to the article, please?
    Sí señora cheetah (wow, it's like I'm drunk at 10 in the morning):

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ead.php?t=7354

What's most important there is the idea of complementary/resonatory traits. (Accepting the possibility that the link might at some point die here's a quick repeat of the definitions: a resonating trait is something that causes a feeling of identity, a complementary trait is something that is something that another person is lacking and needing.) Now the importance of this idea is rather huge. It alludes to the possibility of seeing advantageous vs. disadvantageous traits in people and the possibility of categorizing people according to this principle. This is the heart of all type categories. It is also the reason why the system must be based on dichotomies. The idea of digitalization of information, of reality is inbuilt in socionics. This is the reason why thinking vs feeling or logic vs. ethical are actually rather bad ways to name properties whereas 'well-defined' vs. 'not well-defined' and 'socially open' vs. 'socially closed' are better. It's not clear that everything can be categorized on the axis of logic vs. ethics because it's not clear that these are mutually exclusive, but it's clear that everything can be categorized on the axis of 'well-defined' vs. 'not well-defined'. There is no actual limit to how many complementary or resonatory characteristics could be tracked to form a more elaborate socionical pattern. The simple addition of 'smoking' vs. 'not-smoking' would produce a new simple yet meaningful dimension. The dimensions currently in use are important because they have proven to be applicable in most situations.

Now as for dualism vs. activity partnerships, there is something specific I feel a need to point out. Activity partners are more resonant while dual partners are more complementary. The essence of resonance is to create empathy and a feeling of being on the same side in an issue. The essence of complementary traits is concrete help. Thus dual partnerships, being the most complementary relationships also lack significantly in resonance, the feeling of partnership, they foster dependency and thus feelings of weakness, fear. This can be overcome through the slow building of trust, the existence of numerous other, non-socionical resonating traits and so on, but the 'power' that a dual holds remains disquieting.

On the other hand resonance can create a certain positive atmosphere even between the most fierce competitors who are likely to cause each other nothing but trouble. It is useful to be aware of these trends.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really do think our conversations look very dull to outsiders.

I wonder if the female versions are still more chatty than the male version.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I wonder if the female versions are still more chatty than the male version.
    I think I am, probobly. But I talk out of nervousness.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I think I am, probobly. But I talk out of nervousness.
    Nervousness? really?

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah
    Let people think you're "mysterious" or some shit by not talking as much. Or at least, out of nervousness. cuz, you know, im sure you tend to say shit you regret when you talk when you're nervous.

- Voltaire

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    Sí señora cheetah (wow, it's like I'm drunk at 10 in the morning):

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ead.php?t=7354
    Thanks, Sereno. That's interesting stuff... hmmmm

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let people think you're "mysterious" or some shit by not talking as much. Or at least, out of nervousness. cuz, you know, im sure you tend to say shit you regret when you talk when you're nervous.
    When I talk out of nervousness (and I am not a girl ) I usually don't go that deep ya know to say things that I could potenitally regret much, I do light talk. But I tend to not talk much in the first place.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-

Default SLI's: Ever date an identical?

How'd it go??

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems like it would be boring, don't you think? i think of ST-ST relationships as lacking zing.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    seems like it would be boring, don't you think? i think of ST-ST relationships as lacking zing.
    I've actually thought about this too and I just think it would lack warmth. I mean, the emotional aspect is so important in a romantic relationship and I think the lack of emphasis from two STs on this would lead to coldness. I tend to think two NFs (for instance) would be better in a romantic relationship. The opposite would be true for a business relationship.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    I've actually thought about this too and I just think it would lack warmth. I mean, the emotional aspect is so important in a romantic relationship and I think the lack of emphasis from two STs on this would lead to coldness. I tend to think two NFs (for instance) would be better in a romantic relationship. The opposite would be true for a business relationship.
    Yeah...I've been in relationships with ST's before and it seemed like the relationship just couldn't progress. I really, really need someone to take initiative when it comes to emotions and feelings and clearly state their feelings on where the relationship is going and how they feel towards me...I couldn't get that out of the ST's. Don't get me wrong, I think they're great but I never experienced loving feelings towards them. Maybe I just dated the wrong ones, who knows. I'm not saying it won't work for others, these are just my own thoughts. I just felt more like a friendship than a relationship to me. I love "feeling" men entirely too much.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you ask me its bound not to work in the end. Ive never dated an ENFp, kind of had urges before though.

My ISTp friend is kind of seeing an ISTp at the moment. She rang him upset the other night and lonely and he told her that it could be worse, she could be pregnant.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know... it's great so far. You don't think both people would benefit from such an experience?
    Benefit yeah i dont see why not at all. I think dating an ENFp would be really sweet and fun. Two ISTp's seem to get on pretty well together no worries. I just see it as not going to last forever.

Its the whole two people who share very similar weaknesses. Imagine two ENFp's and no one wanted to do the tax or build the kids a cubby house or whatever. You also never value their strengths that much becasue you can also do what they can.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    If you ask me its bound not to work in the end. Ive never dated an ENFp, kind of had urges before though.

My ISTp friend is kind of seeing an ISTp at the moment. She rang him upset the other night and lonely and he told her that it could be worse, she could be pregnant.
    that's the funniest thing i've heard in a long time!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah...I've been in relationships with ST's before and it seemed like the relationship just couldn't progress. I really, really need someone to take initiative when it comes to emotions and feelings and clearly state their feelings on where the relationship is going and how they feel towards me...I couldn't get that out of the ST's. Don't get me wrong, I think they're great but I never experienced loving feelings towards them. Maybe I just dated the wrong ones, who knows. I'm not saying it won't work for others, these are just my own thoughts. I just felt more like a friendship than a relationship to me. I love "feeling" men entirely too much.
    Jessica are you sure you are an SLI? have you thought of being maybe an LSi? it does seem like on the voice thread you sound like an Si dominant. In this quote you have written it seems like you are asking for an Fe dominant. but that still can be that you are seeking an Fi who will tell you how you feel about them. along with other post you i have read you wrote its very unclear which type you are, an LSi or SLi as it can apply for both, both type are able to express how you have so far. so any chance you can be an LSi?
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mpiazza000 View Post
    Jessica are you sure you are an SLI? have you thought of being maybe an LSi? it does seem like on the voice thread you sound like an Si dominant. In this quote you have written it seems like you are asking for an Fe dominant. but that still can be that you are seeking an Fi who will tell you how you feel about them. along with other post you i have read you wrote its very unclear which type you are, an LSi or SLi as it can apply for both, both type are able to express how you have so far. so any chance you can be an LSi?
    Gilly seems to think so. I've thought about it a little and threw the idea around. I'm not completely ruling it out but it seems highly unlikely.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who got her pregnant?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Creepy-Cyclops

This is an excellent piece of advice by your ISTp friend. It is clear that ISTp's are positive types.
    Last edited by Cyclops; 12-09-2008 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In this quote you have written it seems like you are asking for an Fe dominant. but that still can be that you are seeking an Fi who will tell you how you feel about them.
    I don't think that really describes how Fi works, or how Fe is different from Fi. Probably the last thing I'd ever do with an SLI is tell them how they feel, or should feel, or really how they should be/do anything.
    IEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I was seeing an identical last year. I'm no good at typing, but my best guess for him would be SLI. I agree that the relationship felt like it wasn't going to progress, but in my case, we hooked up for the purpose of sex because neither of us wanted to be dating. As the months wore on, we would hang out & do things around his house, and he commented a handful of times that he usually didn't like his hookups to be friends. But he was renovating his house, and I kept lending a hand, and we're both terrible know-it-alls according to our (separate) circles of friends, so we could rap endlessly on continually-shifting topics. We never ran out of stuff to talk about, but when he'd get tired of working on his house or motorcycles and we'd already had sex, we would sometimes run out of things to do.

My relationship with him was completely comfortable, consisted almost entirely of practical activities (even the sex, really), and when he moved away after about 6 months, that was it. We've spoken a few times since, and acknowledged how enjoyable our time was together, but neither of us have been like "should it have been more?"

As for two STs together ... my current boyfriend is LSE, and even though we started out as FWB, he has consistently gradually deepened the relationship. I'd say it still depends on the individuals - what they want and where they are in their maturity levels and on working toward their personal life goals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I might be seeing an identical right now.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    I don't think that really describes how Fi works, or how Fe is different from Fi. Probably the last thing I'd ever do with an SLI is tell them how they feel, or should feel, or really how they should be/do anything.
    I always have have the urge to show how I feel about someone and communicate that directly to them, Sometimes people feel a bit uncomfortable about that. I think that is FE.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mpiazza000 View Post
    I always have have the urge to show how I feel about someone and communicate that directly to them, Sometimes people feel a bit uncomfortable about that. I think that is FE.
    Could be right mate as i barely ever do this. My INFj friend seems to tell people how much they mean to him all the time etc though.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My INFj friend seems to tell people how much they mean to him all the time etc though.
    MY INFj friend just started doing this too! After we've known each other for 10 years. It kind of amazes me, actually, that she trusts me enough to tell me that. She never says stuff like that. I find it very hard to do that - usually I don't have a problem if it's my S.O., although I still keep it quite short. I'm having the most awful time writing a speech for my sister's wedding. I love her more than anything on this planet, but I just can't think of anything to actually write argh.

I always have have the urge to show how I feel about someone and communicate that directly to them
    Okay, I get what you're saying. Still don't know how I'd phrase Fi, but whatever..
    IEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None yet.

Well, other than "If you want things to shake things up, YOU will be the one who has to do it".

It's still too early to tell on many counts.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think..I really, really think I met an IEE. lol, I think I said that about every one of my ex boyfriends but this one I'm almost sure of. It's good to date a delta. Look at us, we've all snagged someone!

How are things going, Song?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think..I really, really think I met an IEE. lol, I think I said that about every one of my ex boyfriends but this one I'm almost sure of. It's good to date a delta.
    I hope so. If you have your life will never be the same again. In a good way
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope so. If you have your life will never be the same again. In a good way
    He's roughly one of the nicest people I've ever met in my entire life, really. The chemistry is craaaazy. It's odd because we were childhood friends and we hated each other. It was a nice reunion.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's roughly one of the nicest people I've ever met in my entire life, really. The chemistry is craaaazy. It's odd because we were childhood friends and we hated each other. It was a nice reunion.
    Sounds good keep us informed ok?
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Creepy-

I think..I really, really think I met an IEE. lol, I think I said that about every one of my ex boyfriends but this one I'm almost sure of. It's good to date a delta. Look at us, we've all snagged someone!
    Aww, that's great Jessica Do keep us informed - that's crazy that you knew each other as kids... have fun!!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updates are sure to follow, of course

did i just really say this?
    It's odd because we were childhood friends and we hated each other
    ..didn't really make sense. We just fought like brother and sister, heh.

Good luck with your's Song

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive never re-met up with someone who I hated a kid and liked as an adult, other than my cousin, sorta.

congrats jessica. now don't fuck it up >:[

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive never re-met up with someone who I hated a kid and liked as an adult, other than my cousin, sorta
    Facebook

We had a semi reunion with our other childhood friends too, it was insanely awesome.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None yet.

Well, other than "If you want things to shake things up, YOU will be the one who has to do it".

It's still too early to tell on many counts.
    Whaaaaaaa.....whatever happened with possible ENFp girl??

Cool jessica! Hope things work out.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at all you SLI's working it out in the love dept. Good stuff.