Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Your own description of Se

I'd like to gain a better understanding of peoples personal descriptions of their own understanding of Se. Please no copy pasting, much more raw when you give a personal interpretation, it also gives me better insight.

Thanks

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have already done this, and refuse to do so again.
    Here is a link to one attempt: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-Stories-of-Se
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's about understanding situations in a snapshot way, quickly and pragmatically without aversion to applying crude heuristics, sometimes even stereotypes. however all this "application" happens implicitly on a subconscious level. it is not a deliberating function like anything "J". nor is there even much of a conscious experience of pragmatic deciding; it is just thought normal and necessary to make certain useful presumptions to fend off the infinitely regressing cascades of uncertainty uncovered instead by Ne (or Ni for that matter).

the situation in question is usually one in which your personal participation is of downplayed importance. this is how it differs from a Pi function where the role of the deciding observer (possibly but not necessarily in a more abstract sense than just "me") is central. however, since the focus of thought is placed outside of oneself, one's self-direction stands largely dislodged from this situational awareness, imparting on it a greater sense of independent agency. from such a position the person is enabled to manipulate the situation more freely.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Paying attention to everything around you and wanting to be on top of current events, but not being able to tell when you're going to burp.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EIE 4w3 so 4-7-9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se means being fully aware of your current physical surroundings in rich detail. While you also se the posibilities how you might influence and change the reality in here and now. You are aware of posibilities of your current actions.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se means looking at coffee and liking silk underwear.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Echoing what several others have already said, the way I understand Se is being primarily aware of the physical attributes of the external world. Since it's an extraverted function it involves interaction with that external world. That is why Se can manifest as force (among other things)

In contrast, Si is also aware of physical attributes of the external world, but focuses on how those external physical attributes make him/herself feel.

That's why strong Se also means strong Si, and vice versa.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se = Direct perception of external objects and surroundings without any judgement of them; will, force, physical force; being uptight or wanting to be 'strong'; territorial defense and physical harsh activity such as in war for defense or conquest of territory, it is especially linked to TERRITORY (see ******'s Se-Hidden Agenda and his war for 'Lebensraum'= 'living space'), also connected to Power and Domain; Se leading types tend to want to exert domain and show off their strength in whatever way they can. Also related to STANDING ONE'S GROUND in a physical as well as psychological situation. Types with Se-HA can also have a similar behaviour though masked under a facade of friendliness and good intentions towards their 'enemies'. I personally have strong Se and do not dislike it but see it only as a last resort and cannot use it for long without getting very tired both physically and mentally. Types with Se in their Ego block often seem paranoid and 'bullies' to me, wanting to fight in order to show their physical strength. There is also a positive side in that an Se-Ego type may defend others when it comes to harsh physical battle faster than others who have to sort of 'activate' their Se and then start fighting.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Get them, Air. Besides, Hilter is ILE on Maritsa's list, so he is going to have to battle for territory with food, next time.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some very interesting responses in here. I always like to contemplate multiple viewpoints, helps me build pictures. look forward to reading more.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zIo7xuql9WY/SV4GJf1ERrI/AAAAAAAAAK8/gd0vR24AAt0/S220/******.jpg[/img]

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Get them, Air. Besides, Hilter is ILE on Maritsa's list, so he is going to have to battle for territory with food, next time.
    Heh... I'm in a joking mood today so here is one for you:
    "Old friend, why are you so shy? Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light. I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited but I couldn't stay away I couldn't fight it and I'd hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded that for me... it isn't oveeeeer"...
    Love, Air.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Okay.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

raw facts of reality and acting upon them in an almost instantaneous fashion (the action may require a rational function! Otherwise no motivation is there)

Example: want to learn some maths to pass an exam, repeat the calculations 1000 times unti you are completely certain that you can do them accurately (Se-creative version)

want to have sex with a guy i like, get dressed in a sexy way, ask him if we're going to meet tonight, if yes flirt and then start kissing (Se-base version)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ESE-Fe
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the sexy function
    6w7-2w3-1w2 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

the function that apprehends the static qualities of things...for example...

I believe this was what DJA said:

Quote Originally Posted by DJA
    Colors electricity and effects my value; energy and feeling certain music emulates. Every song that doesn't have words I see visually. It's like it's own art piece; create your own setting in that music. Wipe out is Se. Associations of things; blue is peaceful; that's how it makes me feel; cars, royce rockets INTp brother likes big rims because it makes the car look meaner; bigger rims mean aggressive angrier; all the see is that it makes the diameter of the shiner bigger; it appeals to the senses; so they like a car that feels fast; doesn't care about the construction. Si is nostalgia for cars; incredible acceleration; you hear the wind blowing inside the car; they can feel their environment; so it stimulates the senses. Takes the care “this looks mean” what doesn't it mean for a car to look meaner; it's not subjective it feels fast, I see this I see that. It's stimulating highlighted colors. Farm with nothing in it?
    When Se types see two people interacting they can almost always tell which one is being pushy, strong willed, which one is being witty and clever and intellectual because they can pick up on these real qualities of people. Whereas I can't and I don't focus on it so I am not likely to say something in a tactful way in a position where I have all the attention on me, but I will keep reasserting my point not being able to judge effectively how I come off and if people really saw me (as in sensed me in hearing or vision). Se types know how to say something and gather that someone heard them or saw them and just relax about it or use more finess. In a situation with Eliza, she can tell this complicated and elaborate relational story to people, but she's comfortable with her sense of self and her perception of others to just walk away knowing something was or may have been accomplished by her soft spoken softly delivered manner because she has a good amount of Se she can roll out, whereas I can't. But even then, she needs and resorts back to Si. You can see it because she doesn't interact well for a long period of time. Se types are attuned to their environment. I'm not. My SLE coworker says "ugh this smell is going to make me vomit" "oh this lighting is going to make me go blind" "is that light flickering?" she's very attuned to her environment.

I have no idea who wrote this but I saved it>...

Quote Originally Posted by mysterious
    SLE: Usually laid back, easy going, almost lackadaisical with unexpected short bursts of enthusiasm (Fe)...eyes are leering and observant but kind of languishing. Cracks jokes in good company, and when doing so can say some pretty insulting things but you get the sense that they are not judging you (Fi POLR). Very humorous, laughs easily and often or has grin on face when trying to hold back laughter (Fe). Walk is smooth, swaying, confident, graceful like a cat. The way SLE talks is low profile, polite and respectful, listens well and usually listens more than talks, squints when trying to comprehend and takes long frequent pauses when trying to explain something. Gradiose way of carrying self, a gentleman. Usually only has three basic set of emotions - Calm and Cheerful/Gay, Calm and Depressed, or Irritated and Ill-mannered...besides that is usually emotionally guarded and doesn't talk about feelings (can come off dry, stoic and insensitive) (FI POLR) and because of this can have many acquaintance but mostly a loner with few close relationships. Irritates quickly, but is incredibly slow to anger. When angry, is intense and sadistic and unconstrained, but if problem is resolved quickly, anger doesn't last long and is quick to calm and laugh. Missing some stuff....

LSE is kind of biased too since im talking about my father.

LSE: Kind of tense, nervous quality even when idle...except when in times of comfort (like at home, with close friends, ecetra). Eyes are alert, scanning, judging, skeptical. When in good company talk is rapid and with upbeat energy, can crack jokes but it is condescending and you get the sense they are judging. Likes to tell stories in good company, when LSE laughs which isn't often it is very ugly but funny and infectious. Walk is rigid and tense and fast, almost robotic and stiff... Very judgemental (Fi), likes routine and tradition (Te). More apt to like "fine" comfortable things that helps them relax (Si), in contrast to SLE who is more apt to desire intensity and experience (Se). More likely to speak up for what they believe people should be doing, authoritarian, and likes order (all Te). Preaches and gives lectures a lot on what is "right" (Te). Caregiver to close ones (Fi). Missing some stuff....
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't relate to anything posted.

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like to drive really fast and close my eyes sometimes to see how long i can keep them closed without running off the road?

retired
    TIM
    Se
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an Se-ego, Se is just so obvious and I instinctively know what it is, but very hard to articulate. I don't know how other people explain it and TBH I don't even think I actually feel like that I relate to any of the 'descriptions'.

Well, I do occasionally have the ridiculous urge to puff up my chest and bitch-slap some kittens and pee on a tree in an exceptionally manly manner to flaunt my nonexistent-in-reality territory. And I've seen Se-ego females act on similar intent(although not so conscious about it) and it's virtually the same flaunter especially in Se-dom females, so it seems to be unrelated to any gender-specific mentality.

Gosh it's hard to write on these mobiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerdemain View Post
    i like to drive really fast and close my eyes sometimes to see how long i can keep them closed without running off the road?
    I do this sometimes, too.
    Last edited by nigh; 10-19-2013 at 06:53 AM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nigh View Post
    I do this sometimes, too.
    Crazy people.

Sometimes I shut my eyes when I'm riding my bike, but only if I forgot my sunglasses.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Crazy people.
    No worries, they're going to end up dead soon.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se quickly notices absolutely every objective concrete detail. Makes an equally speedy assessment of causes and estimates strength/weakness. Responds or executes in some way, also quickly. (for leading Se)

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Do you wear lacy silk underwear to attract your dualz?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Yeah, it's important to feel confortable while one asserts their dominance.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is incredibly stupid.

Cause wrecks much bro?

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Se iz specialz. ( I certainly don't notice every detail).

( I only notice what I want to notice).

(And sometimes I respond very slowly).

(Sometimes I fall over or bump really hard into things because I'm not paying attention or I'm in autopilot).

(At work or when I have to, I'm usually the first to notice and respond, but when I'm at home and tired... Mehhhh).

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Grain of a Song of Sand View Post
    Do you wear lacy silk underwear to attract your dualz?
    I think that is what I have been doing wrong.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think one of the problems with trying to deine any element is that our descriptions are likely to be the most basic experience (1D). Due to personal experiences and events in a person's lives, that 1D experience gets molded and shaped a bit differently. A person who grew up around cars will develop a strong knowledge base of car related stuff, one who grew up on fashion will develop a strong knowlege base for fashion related stuff. Such that their experiences get transformed into knowing what the rules and norms are for that particular field (2D). And eventually they learn to know when those rules/norms can be broken, under what situations they apply or don't apply (3D). And for base/demonstrative types, they learn how those situations developed to that point, and/or how those rules/norms developed from basic experiences (4D).

It's not really fair to Se types to think that they are regularly doing 1D element definitions in a topicless generality, as it takes away from the finer points they have learned in their particular field(s) of experiences/study.

It also might help to remind that 4D Se isn't just processing Se info, but also processes 1D Ni. 4dSe types also have the capabilities of switching back and forth between {4dSe, 1dNi} to {2dNe, 3dSi} and vice versa. So it's not like they are set in stone forever relegated to the basic description/experience of Se element.

Tldr: an element is not the same thing as a type; a type is not the same thing as a person; and a person is not the same thing as an element/function.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I think one of the problems with trying to deine any element is that our descriptions are likely to be the most basic experience (1D). Due to personal experiences and events in a person's lives, that 1D experience gets molded and shaped a bit differently. A person who grew up around cars will develop a strong knowledge base of car related stuff, one who grew up on fashion will develop a strong knowlege base for fashion related stuff. Such that their experiences get transformed into knowing what the rules and norms are for that particular field (2D). And eventually they learn to know when those rules/norms can be broken, under what situations they apply or don't apply (3D). And for base/demonstrative types, they learn how those situations developed to that point, and/or how those rules/norms developed from basic experiences (4D).

It's not really fair to Se types to think that they are regularly doing 1D element definitions in a topicless generality, as it takes away from the finer points they have learned in their particular field(s) of experiences/study.

It also might help to remind that 4D Se isn't just processing Se info, but also processes 1D Ni. 4dSe types also have the capabilities of switching back and forth between {4dSe, 1dNi} to {2dNe, 3dSi} and vice versa. So it's not like they are set in stone forever relegated to the basic description/experience of Se element.

Tldr: an element is not the same thing as a type; a type is not the same thing as a person; and a person is not the same thing as an element/function.
    Some people in this thread seem to be doing a passable job overcoming this "problem".
    Easy Day

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    This is incredibly stupid.

Cause wrecks much bro?
    derp derp

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Yeah, it's important to feel confortable while one asserts their dominance.
    Wonder whether Se doms cut their heads off to assert their dominance.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

derp derp
    You're so kewl.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ehhhh, true romance faded it seems.

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    You're so kewl.

Everything I say is true.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't interpret this as unfriendly, but I'd like to know what is the "ISTP" in your TIM, is that a subtype based on 16 subtypes? And what is an Enneagram 4w9, that is just not possible, the wings are only the two closest points to the center type, hence called 'wings', for example 5w4, 6w7, 9w1 (because Enneagram is basically a circle where 1 comes after 9), 2w1, 2w3 etc ...

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post
    Don't interpret this as unfriendly, but I'd like to know what is the "ISTP" in your TIM, is that a subtype based on 16 subtypes? And what is an Enneagram 4w9, that is just not possible, the wings are only the two closest points to the center type, hence called 'wings', for example 5w4, 6w7, 9w1 (because Enneagram is basically a circle where 1 comes after 9), 2w1, 2w3 etc ...
    Are you calling me a liar?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, Se looks at this cube and deduces that it is red and that it must have red-colored properties.

Ne is like no wtf dude, you don't know if it's red all around. It could be two colors, or three, or a billion, you haven't seen the other side!

Se is like, well statistically if it is red on three sides it's probably red on the other three that I can't see, besides it doesn't matter because it doesn't really make that much of a fucking difference.

Ne is like, no no no we gotta think of all possible states that this cube could be in, and take those into consideration, in the process disregarding the color red:

Se is like, no you retard, maybe it isn't a cube at all, maybe it's hollow from the other side, you're drawing too many conclusions from no information.

Ne is like, omfg no u

and so it goes.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Se is full of assumptions, Radio. Yuck.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari