Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Arundahti Roy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arundhati_Roy

I am guessing IEE.

Any diverging opinions?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Arundhati Roy

Arundhati Roy

I think I have a pretty good idea of what type she is, but curious to hear what you think.

To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never to forget.
    Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.
    I do what I do, and write what I write, without calculating what is worth what and so on. Fortunately, I am not a banker or an accountant. I feel that there is a time when a political statement needs to be made and I make it.
    Sometimes I think the world is divided into those who have a comfortable relationship with power and those who have a naturally adversarial relationship with power.
    If we were to lose the ability to be emotional, if we were to lose the ability to be angry, to be outraged, we would be robots. And I refuse that.
    You have come to a stage where you almost have to work on yourself. You know, on finding some tranquility with which to respond to these things, because I realize that the biggest risk that many of us run is beginning to get inured to the horrors.
    I'm not ambitious. I don't want to get anywhere, I don't want anything more. I sometimes think that for me that is the real freedom, that I don't want anything. I don't want money or prizes. I want people to know that a war is going to be fought.
    In a way, writing is an incredible act of individualism, producing your language, and yet to use it from the heart of a crowd as opposed to as an individual performance is a conflicting thing. I do stand alone, and yet it's not about being an individual or being ambitious.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of obviously serious. I would guess some sort of .... gamma ... LIE?? If not I dunno, an EII. I never read her books.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Only looked at the pics. The impression I got was EII.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

EII

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

SEI judging from the pics

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEI confirm and final
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First impression is ILI. Will come back to watch vid later.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

She VIs EII, but her writing might suggest SEI....
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't know her type, but a great person all around.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    don't know her type, but a great person all around.
    Yes, she is. And a great writer.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

She is probably a irrational and I think she'a actually an extrovert, so IEE.

The quotes selected aren't really that great, because IMO it's not representative.

If we were to lose the ability to be emotional, if we were to lose the ability to be angry, to be outraged, we would be robots. And I refuse that.
    She could easily say this in a internalized fashion, but she chooses to externalize it and make more objective a very personal emotional state. And maybe the quote indicates passionate communication style.

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEI are like Bell in Beauty in the Beast, bookish and smart

Most of my favorite authors are SEI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    She is probably a irrational and I think she'a actually an extrovert, so IEE.

The quotes selected aren't really that great, because IMO it's not representative.

She could easily say this in a internalized fashion, but she chooses to externalize it and make more objective a very personal emotional state. And maybe the quote indicates passionate communication style.
    As much as I would love to be her identical, I do not see an IEE write a novel in the way she did with The God of Small Things... She has lots of passages like this one (vivd and detailed descriptions of environment, people, etc.):

“May in Ayemenem is a hot, brooding month. The days are long and humid. The river shrinks and black crows gorge on bright mangoes in still, dustgreen trees. Red bananas ripen. Jackfruits burst. Dissolute bluebottles hum vacuously in the fruity air. Then they stun themselves against clear windowpanes and die, fatly baffled in the sun.”
    But maybe this really is no indicator of type. But she does strike me as an introvert, generally. I do doubt IEE.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    As much as I would love to be her identical, I do not see an IEE write a novel in the way she did with The God of Small Things... She has lots of passages like this one (vivd and detailed descriptions of environment, people, etc.):

But maybe this really is no indicator of type. But she does strike me as an introvert, generally. I do doubt IEE.
    The passage isn't really introverted, it's very sensory however. I think her political writings is far more indicative of her type than this book, because she's not really a huge fiction writer. She's never written a 2nd novel.

She's a conflict and controversy seeking individual.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/200...11.afghanistan

Something like this imo is more indicative of her and imo it's not very introverted.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

irrelevant, but i like looking at the pictures...she has gorgeous features.
    (the quotes fall kind of flat for me)

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she VIs EII. Especially so in the 3rd pic with the short haircut. I see Se polr in that pic as opposed to Se role or ignoring. To me, one of the unmistakeable differences between EII and SEI is the fragility of Se polr. Her quotes speak of anger and outrage, but her demeanor is restrained and she doesn't give way to her passon in the interview. That is a characteristic of the EIIs that I know, they feel things very deeply, but strong emotion is not the tool of choice in their communication.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k