Thread: Theory and brain (Ananke the nerd)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bread crumbs keep falling from my mouth and it won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me...

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, Ananke. I haven't posted here in months but am willing to post because you are a decent human.

I have heard these ideas of there being brain cells in the heart etc. for a few years, mostly in a New Age spiritual context, to buttress spiritual outlooks, arguments, and teachings. Though that is not what you're doing in your post, I have my own agenda of questioning everything I ever heard or read that is supposedly spiritual. So here is a link to an article that debunks the idea of brain cells located outside the brain:

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/i...-in-the-heart/

The writer says that rather, the cells are neurons, which is not the same as brain cells. The point appears to be that the cells are part of the nervous system, and haven't any relation to brainlike functions. My favorite comment beneath the article states that the anal sphincter is controlled by neurons too.

I cannot verify the accuracy of any of these statements right now, but ... Food for thought.
    Last edited by golden; 10-17-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ananke didn't cover brain cells in penis with her 'theory' yet, so I'm a bit skeptical here.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No need to be skeptical, Absurd, for it is patently obvious you are a dickhead.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

At least I know what I read, Goden.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ananke View Post
    Hi Golden! :-)
    Thanks for the post! And link!

Btw, my point wasn't so much to talk about these other brain cells, or what they do, since this is unknown for the most part, but to talk about socionics and how it MIGHT relate to the brain (in the head).

Have fun!
    Hi. I am just questioning the fundamental notion at work, because at least this one neuroscientist I linked you to says they are not brain cells at all.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, are there other brains besides the head brain? I doubt it.

However, there are other kinds of intelligences I am sure, and so when someone says to follow your heart or trust your gut, it's not always easy to do because those kinds of instincts and feelings are given short attention by so many people. Also, sometimes survival is abetted by learning to shut off that information, so we become very limited in how we perceive the world.

Thus it might come down only to semantics. Your theory need not rely on the idea of brain cells in the big toe and whatnot.