Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Whats for Dinner?

Post what you are making for dinner, or something you made recently, or something you frequently like to make. Text or photo or recipe or whatever you want.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I ate fish. Can't post pics now.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, okay I will start.

My house smells SO GOOD right now. Eye-of-Round was on sale this week for 3.99 a pound. I am following this easy recipe and for the last two hours the house has smelled awesome, with the oven off:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/high-te...f-round-roast/

I am going to pop my bakers in the toaster/convection oven and serve with a simple version of my own creamed spinach (real onions and garlic sauteed in butter, add that and cooked spinach into heavy cream and reduce a bit, add salt salt pepper nutmeg ). Going to whip that up now; should all be ready at the same time.

P.S. Omigosh this was so awesomely good. I made a gravy from pan juices. My son loved it. I am definitely going to make this for my SLI when I go to his house in November. And the prep was practically nothing.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 10-17-2013 at 04:41 AM.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    I ate fish. Can't post pics now.
    What kind of fish?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Salmon.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a gyro with onion, tomato, feta, and tzatziki sauce. The lady at the food cart made it. ^.^
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Beef.

Its whats for dinner.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have to eat lean meats, so I always have beef that I've boiled for 2 1/2 hrs in the freezer; I cube it and boil it and then when done I add bbq sauce and refrigerate it for the next day. The following day I'll grill it on stovetop (on a cast iron grill) and it's delicious.

TIM
    Ni-ENTj 8w9 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Pussy.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I have to eat lean meats, so I always have beef that I've boiled for 2 1/2 hrs in the freezer; I cube it and boil it and then when done I add bbq sauce and refrigerate it for the next day. The following day I'll grill it on stovetop (on a cast iron grill) and it's delicious.
    Hmm, boiling? Not better to slow cook in its own juices? Here is my rewrite:

I would use the above eye-of-round recipe which was so easy. Season/rub outside of beef. Preheat to 500, put in oven and cook a 14 minutes (atually check your pounds - 7 minutes per pound) at 475 then oven off not opening the door while it sits in place 2 and a half hours. Easy! The meat cooks in its own juices so its so savory. Boiling can't taste near it good. Eye of Round has a thin layer of fat around the outside only, and its real easy to cut off. Let it sit a bit then cube it. Mix your BBQ sauce with the cubes and mix in all the juices in the pan and on the cutting board from the sitting and the cutting. Then put serving size portions of the mix in ziplocks (let them freeze flat first on a baking sheet, then stack them when hard). Then you just run the frozen pack under water to release the contents, dump them in a pan on the stovetop, cover and heat. It will heat fast because its flat.

Still very lean, but savory. But if anyone else is home and you need this for make-ahead meals, you will have to make two, because the house will smell so good and everyone else will need to share!

I would like to try this myself next; a mix of your recipe and and the one I found. I think the eye of round is still on sale and this will be a change for it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post

I would use the above eye-of-round recipe which was so easy. Season/rub outside of beef. Preheat to 500, put in oven and cook a 14 minutes (atually check your pounds - 7 minutes per pound) at 475 then oven off not opening the door while it sits in place 2 and a half hours. Easy! The meat cooks in its own juices so its so savory. Boiling can't taste near it good. Eye of Round has a thin layer of fat around the outside only, and its real easy to cut off. Let it sit a bit then cube it. Mix your BBQ sauce with the cubes and mix in all the juices in the pan and on the cutting board from the sitting and the cutting. Then put serving size portions of the mix in ziplocks (let them freeze flat first on a baking sheet, then stack them when hard). Then you just run the frozen pack under water to release the contents, dump them in a pan on the stovetop, cover and heat. It will heat fast because its flat.

Still very lean, but savory. But if anyone else is home and you need this for make-ahead meals, you will have to make two, because the house will smell so good and everyone else will need to share!

I would like to try this myself next; a mix of your recipe and and the one I found. I think the eye of round is still on sale and this will be a change for it.
    Hah if you don't mind getting all the fats back into the juice, sure. I'm sure that is delicious. I'm making an attempt to withdraw as much saturated fats from the meat as possible and retain it's proteins and B vitamines, which works quite well. It was also a diet recommended for my father after his open heart surgery. You cook like my LSE For my cut I use flank steak.

He said "honey, I better stick with you, that way I know I'll be eating healthy."

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pasta with spinach cream sauce: Cook pasta. Cut and fry an onion, add leaf spinach, add cream and feta cheese, cut some cherry tomatoes into piece and add them to the sauce. Don't forget the spices. Tastes good.

what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Soylent......

(I wish)
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Pot roast is always good and easy. ^_^

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Hah if you don't mind getting all the fats back into the juice, sure. I'm sure that is delicious. I'm making an attempt to withdraw as much saturated fats from the meat as possible and retain it's proteins and B vitamines, which works quite well. It was also a diet recommended for my father after his open heart surgery. You cook like my LSE For my cut I use flank steak.

He said "honey, I better stick with you, that way I know I'll be eating healthy."
    Also you must be fastidious about traces of fat. This is a very lean cut of beef, and the very thin layer of fat is on the outside and easy to cut off. And your method removes the meat's natural juices (the quick braise seals them in) - which are not fat - as well as any bits of fat traces.

I do like you reheat on stovetop. Me too. I have a microwave-free home.

My Naturapath has a very different idea on what is healthy. He is totally okay with all fats from meat (even bacon! ). And butter. And heavy cream. He says our bodies digest this extremely efficiently, and we need it. Its the CARBS he would have said no to, in this case, the potato, which did spoil what my Naturapath would have otherwise considered a very healthy meal.

He also says cooking with fat should ONLY cooking fat, including the animal fats listed above. Excepting olive oil, but that must be used only in very low temp.

He also says never meat and carbs in the same meal, so another mistake with my meal last night.

One of the "nevers" he has that found easier to make habit is never combine fruits and veggies in the same meal. The enzymes cancel each other out, and its its important for your body to utilize maximum nutrients from whatever food it takes in.

Thanks for reminding me what was wrong with my meal that so pleased my son and made my house smell so good....

I do need to get back to strictly following my Naturapath's rules which are so good for me. Its harder to remeber to follow them when you are feeling just fine, but must think "prevention". And I do feel more energized on his plan.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 10-17-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Heart.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My Naturapath has a very different idea on what is healthy. He is totally okay with all fats from meat (even bacon! ). And butter. And heavy cream. He says our bodies digest this extremely efficiently, and we need it. Its the CARBS he would have said no to, in this case, the potato, which did spoil what my Naturapath would have otherwise considered a very healthy meal.

He also says cooking with fat should ONLY be the animal fats listed above. Excepting olive oil, but that must be used only in very low temp.

He also says never meat and carbs in the same meal, so another mistake with my meal last night.

One of the "nevers" he has that found easier to make habit is never combine fruits and veggies in the same meal. The enzymes cancel each other out, and its its important for your body to utilize maximum nutrients from whatever food it takes in.

Thanks for reminding me what was wrong with my meal that so pleased my son and made my house smell so good....

I do need to get back to strictly following my Naturapath's rules which are so good for me. Its harder to remeber to follow them when you are feeling just fine, but must think "prevention". And I do feel more energized on his plan.
    IEE have a very serious approach to their health

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Heart.
    Yes, and for me its why I am supposed to follow his diet. Even though this is opposite of what a regular doctor recommends. I was on a serious protocol of this Naturapath of mine including the diet two years ago about this time of year for several months, about 6 I guess. I started it just after a healing I just wrote of elsewhere and I felt then that could stick to anything and I did stick to this perfectly and mostly easily. It included pretty much no carbs (all manner of bread, sugar, pasta, all that) and no root veggies, regular portions of meat, fish eggs and dairy and cheese and fats as above, lots of veggies and some fruit as well as a course of particular vitamin/mineral and other supplements, and cleanses. It cured me of a very long-standing heart problem that doctors wanted to take severe measures with but I refused believing I woudl find a natural solution eventually, then I found this Naturapath and took his direction. The heart problem - constant rapid heart rate daily/all the time for years - cured. I suddenly noticed after two months that besides feeling great and energetic all the time, my heart wasn't racing when I hit the pillow at night. So it cured, and has not returned. And I never had to have a heart operation and take drugs for life, which doctors had said was my only hope. I still feel great, but I want to lose weight again, having gained some back I lost so rapidly and easily on that diet, and the energy I get from the diet I am sure I will appreciate, and as I believe his eating plan is as healthy as he says, I need to think prevention of future health problems, so I want to return to that strict protocol again...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes, and for me its why I am supposed to follow his diet. Even though this is opposite of what a regular doctor recommends. I was on a serious protocol of this Naturapath of mine including the diet two years ago about this time of year for several months, about 6 I guess. I started it just after a healing I just wrote of elsewhere and I felt then that could stick to anything and I did stick to this perfectly and mostly easily. It included pretty much no carbs (all manner of bread, sugar, pasta, all that) and no root veggies, regular portions of meat, fish eggs and dairy and cheese and fats as above, lots of veggies and some fruit as well as a course of particular vitamin/mineral and other supplements, and cleanses. It cured me of a very long-standing heart problem that doctors wanted to take severe measures with but I refused believing I woudl find a natural solution eventually, then I found this Naturapath and took his direction. The heart problem - constant rapid heart rate daily/all the time for years - cured. I suddenly noticed after two months that besides feeling great and energetic all the time, my heart wasn't racing when I hit the pillow at night. So it cured, and has not returned. And I never had to have a heart operation and take drugs for life, which doctors had said was my only hope. I still feel great, but I want to lose weight again, having gained some back I lost so rapidly and easily on that diet, and the energy I get from the diet I am sure I will appreciate, and as I believe his eating plan is as healthy as he says, I need to think prevention of future health problems, so I want to return to that strict protocol again...
    Samson didn't need drugs and Hercules didn't need a fancy gym plus expensive equipment to be fit, although I would be wary when it comes to diets, not all do produce a beneficial effect, for every one is different and what what may work for some person, may not work for the other!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You wouldn't believe it. I put potatoes in the oven and I usually complain about how terrible I am at roasting them and I walked over to my LSE building manager to see how she's been doing (she's in a lot of pain and will have surgery soon). I spent about an hour talking to her and when I came back home I was sure that I had burned the potatoes, lo and behold. I just made the most perfect potatoes I've ever made.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband cooked me roast lamb :-)

what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Last night I had tea and dill potato chips for dinner. I need a husband to cook for me :'((
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lamb gyros.

TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    Pussy.
    I expected mfckr to say this.

Marista's

Last edited by blackburry; 11-09-2013 at 07:06 PM.

TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I edited that and realized I dunno how to not come across as an asshole online. I tried.

whatever. I'm [kind of] nice irl. To most people.

TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kale/spinach salad with sauted mushrooms, parmesan and olive oil.

TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mfckr View Post
    Asshole.
    Gud boi.
    So how'd it taste? Gamey?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I invited my friends over last night to celebrate my new george forman grill. I grilled swordfish, served it over couscous with sides of lightly sauteed asparagus and roasted potatoes. I will NEVER cook fish at home again. Ugh the smell. I've been cleaning the whole evening today and it still kind of smells like the fish market here. I will have my place smelling like flower droppings by the end of tonight