TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Hello from Germany!

Hello everybody!

It seems I have to introduce myself in order to get full access to all features of the forum, so let's do this.
    So, I'm 22 years old, living in Germany, studying very weird subjects: Art history, Archaeology and Classical Philology. Namely Latin. But I also know Ancient Greek. I hope to be able to go on some excavations and later work in a museum.
    My other interests and hobbies are music, listening to it as well as composing for my own. I play guitar and I love singing. I also am a worship leader in my church's youth group. I like writing a lot as well and have been working on a fantasy novel for some time now.

I'm still not entirely sure about my socionics type, as I'm quite new to the whole typology thing, which is rather unknown in Germany. But I got interested in it when I wrote a paper on Ancient physiognomics and read several articles on psychology in magazines.
    My tendency towards IEI is still the greatest, though.

So, that's it for now, I think.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hallo Kadda! Herzlich Willkommen!
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi from Germany!

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    I'm still not entirely sure about my socionics type, as I'm quite new to the whole typology thing, which is rather unknown in Germany. But I got interested in it when I wrote a paper on Ancient physiognomics and read several articles on psychology in magazines.
    And to think Germans didn't hear about Socionics but practised racial physiognomy in 1935. Werd.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    And to think Germans didn't hear about Socionics but practised racial physiognomy in 1935. Werd.
    Is this still the first thing that comes to mind? -__- But, in fact, the Nazi time is kind of responsible for us Germans being not that interested in psychology or at least not that developed in psychology as a scientific field. Because ****** enjoyed burning books, especially books by Freud because he was a Jew. So for some years that branch in psychology lay at rest in this country.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is this still the first thing that comes to mind? -__- But, in fact, the Nazi time is kind of responsible for us Germans being not that interested in psychology or at least not that developed in psychology as a scientific field. Because ****** enjoyed burning books, especially books by Freud because he was a Jew. So for some years that branch in psychology lay at rest in this country.
    Yes, it is the first thing that comes to mind. especially when you mention ancient physiognomy and profess German descent and although Herr Sieg 'didn't work out' has been pretty enthusiastic when it came to his own paintings, mainly, doing business with these Jews 'he' burned the books of. His painting(s) hung on Freud's wall as well...

As for Freud being the greatest thing that happened to psychology is somewhat doubtful, taking into account it is pretty outdated.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Yes, it is the first thing that comes to mind. especially when you mention ancient physiognomy and profess German descent and although Herr Sieg 'didn't work out' has been pretty enthusiastic when it came to his own paintings, mainly, doing business with these Jews 'he' burned the books of. His painting(s) hung on Freud's wall as well...

As for Freud being the greatest thing that happened to psychology is somewhat doubtful, taking into account it is pretty outdated.
    Well, at 1935 he still was probably not that outdated. I just wanted to explain that the field of psychology had been a victim of propaganda for a long time. And if you study psychology in Germany today, it's mostly about statistics and mathematical formulas.
    As a German I don't need to be reminded of my country's history. The awareness of it is always there. It's something you learn from an early age on. Especially when you visit Hastings, England on a class trip in 7th grade and boys from your class are getting stones thrown at them by adults who just happened to hear that they are talking German.
    We certainly have learned from our mistakes.
    The reasons for me being interested in Ancient physiognomics have nothing to do with that. I actually only read Pseudo-Aristotle, Polemo and Co. in order to compare it to the physical descriptions Sueton makes in his De Vita Caesarum. He describes each of the Caesar's in a special way and I tried to interpret that and find out what kind of moral judgement he made on the Caesar's personalities.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, at 1935 he still was probably not that outdated. I just wanted to explain that the field of psychology had been a victim of propaganda for a long time. And if you study psychology in Germany today, it's mostly about statistics and mathematical formulas.
    Me and psychology? That's a leap...

Anyhow, I wouldn't say 'psychology' has been a victim, that's a bit far fetched, when you look at two rivals of that time - Jung and Freud. The former has been actually on the pay roll of this propaganda you speak of, whilst the latter has been shunned by both ****** and Jung (who influenced each other greatly).

What were the Jews doing in the desert for 40 years, eating sand? Of course they were, feeding off other people's crops until they moved on. - Carl Jung
    As a German I don't need to be reminded of my country's history. The awareness of it is always there. It's something you learn from an early age on. Especially when you visit Hastings, England on a class trip in 7th grade and boys from your class are getting stones thrown at them by adults who just happened to hear that they are talking German.
    Lul. No wonder - West Germany beat England 4-3 in 1990, before reuniting into Germany.
    Last edited by Absurd; 10-16-2013 at 08:59 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Kadda!
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Hi from Germany!
    I get it.
    Easy Day

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this still the first thing that comes to mind? -__-
    Not for me! Rammstein and Scooter were the first things that came to my mind!

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Dix View Post
    Not for me! Rammstein and Scooter were the first things that came to my mind!
    Hahaha... not exactly the bands I like to listen, too. Though I like to listen to medieval rock and some Rammstein fans like that, too. Just to mention some names: Saltatio Mortis, Corvus Corax, Cultus Ferox, Fabula, Vermaledeyt...

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha... not exactly the bands I like to listen, too. Though I like to listen to medieval rock and some Rammstein fans like that, too. Just to mention some names: Saltatio Mortis, Corvus Corax, Cultus Ferox, Fabula, Vermaledeyt...
    Interesting! I've never heard of those names before. Maybe I'll check them out. I haven't really listened to medieval rock but I enjoy melodic black metal (among other genres) so I might enjoy it.

OH! And I forgot to mention I love Jam & Spoon! It's my favorite music ever.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grüß dich kadda
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Dix View Post
    Interesting! I've never heard of those names before. Maybe I'll check them out. I haven't really listened to medieval rock but I enjoy melodic black metal (among other genres) so I might enjoy it.

OH! And I forgot to mention I love Jam & Spoon! It's my favorite music ever.
    I think, one of their songs I used to hear sometimes on the radio when I was a small child. They even are from Frankfurt...that's only like 20km away from where I live.