Thread: Correlation between problems in self-typing and weak Ni, your thoughts?

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Correlation between problems in self-typing and weak Ni, your thoughts?

I had a very hard time to type myself I considered almost any logical and Fi-Ego type. Fortunately I am now sure that I am a SLI also thanks to this book from Reinin (http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-Reinin-s-Book). Reinin doesnt use exactly the Model A but a similar system. By Reinin is correlated with deep introspection so in my opinion should make it easier to determine your Sociotype. That's how Reinin describes as leading function of the ILI and as problem area of the SLI.

ILI:
    the integrity of the internal situation is the principle of existence of this type. If a Hamlet wears and frequently changes masks due to his creative function, a Balzac is able to really 'become' someone. When losing myself I remain myself. This trait becomes evident in a Balzac's relationships. This type has a natural gift of tuning in the mood of their vis-à-vis. A Balzac has the gift of being exactly what you want him/her to be. There is nothing he does not know about himself: “Don't teach me about myself”. People of this type often say: “I do not need socionics. It is of no use to me. I know all this and can do it all. I do not need it to communicate with people and the society”. In a sense it is true: Balzac is more aware of his and his partner’s condition than any other type. The inward orientation is more pronounced in a Balzac than in any other introverted types.
    A Balzac has the greatest intuition; this type is so to say “comprehends the time in its fullness”.

SLI:
    the integrity of the inner world is in the zone of fears. Using the terms of a meditative process, we can say that he has a fear of going within himself, and study the inner self. His fear may grow when he meditates. He is able to think about his inner state only in medical terms of health condition. A Gaben hardly differentiates the inner states and moods. This is why people of this type often seem to be even-tempered, as if they are always living in just one and the same state. A Gaben avoids the states he cannot control.

When I am looking in the forum for people who struggle(d) to find their type @William and @Destroypuppy come to my mind both selftype themself as Sociotypes with weak . Of course I am aware that this small samplesize is not enough to proof my thesis in a stochastics way anyway what are your thoughts is weak correlated with problems in self-typing?

TIM
    LiL-Tee
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Reinin heard of metacognition

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely there is such a correlation Daft21. I can type many people and then compare and ask a friend who is also into socionics, most typings are accurate, but my own type is a mistery to me yet to unveil. He affirms I'm LSE, I disagree, I think I am either ISTp or ISTj , definitely not a working bee like an LSE. I personally link Ni to self-absorption in a kind of almost meditative trance sometimes. It also has to do with limits, with focus in oneself, with self-confidence somehow. This is my observation in my Socionics experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post
    I had a very hard time to type myself I considered almost any logical and Fi-Ego type. Fortunately I am now sure that I am a SLI also thanks to this book from Reinin (http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-Reinin-s-Book). Reinin doesnt use exactly the Model A but a similar system. By Reinin is correlated with deep introspection so in my opinion should make it easier to determine your Sociotype. That's how Reinin describes as leading function of the ILI and as problem area of the SLI.

ILI:
    the integrity of the internal situation is the principle of existence of this type. If a Hamlet wears and frequently changes masks due to his creative function, a Balzac is able to really 'become' someone. When losing myself I remain myself. This trait becomes evident in a Balzac's relationships. This type has a natural gift of tuning in the mood of their vis-à-vis. A Balzac has the gift of being exactly what you want him/her to be. There is nothing he does not know about himself: “Don't teach me about myself”. People of this type often say: “I do not need socionics. It is of no use to me. I know all this and can do it all. I do not need it to communicate with people and the society”. In a sense it is true: Balzac is more aware of his and his partner’s condition than any other type. The inward orientation is more pronounced in a Balzac than in any other introverted types.
    A Balzac has the greatest intuition; this type is so to say “comprehends the time in its fullness”.

SLI:
    the integrity of the inner world is in the zone of fears. Using the terms of a meditative process, we can say that he has a fear of going within himself, and study the inner self. His fear may grow when he meditates. He is able to think about his inner state only in medical terms of health condition. A Gaben hardly differentiates the inner states and moods. This is why people of this type often seem to be even-tempered, as if they are always living in just one and the same state. A Gaben avoids the states he cannot control.

When I am looking in the forum for people who struggle(d) to find their type @William and @Destroypuppy come to my mind both selftype themself as Sociotypes with weak . Of course I am aware that this small samplesize is not enough to proof my thesis in a stochastics way anyway what are your thoughts is weak correlated with problems in self-typing?

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Yes.

I could have told you years ago that I was *probably* ESE, maybe moreso than LSE, but I like to search for new possibilities. It's Ne-dual seeking. And I learn by my experiences. It's easier for me to just take action without knowing everything, which is also somewhat characteristic of Ej temperament, so it's more natural to just 'try' the possibility of changing to a new type than to stop and think about it first.

But I've also known many Ne-egos who have trouble self-typing, particularly IEEs. But that could very well be explained due to Ni-ignoring. Seeking new possibilities, like I mentioned in the 1st paragraph. To slightly add to your hypothesis, I wouldn't say problems with self-typing is *just* linked to weak Ni, but perhaps also unvalued Ni.

Also, I've noticed that Fe-egos / valuers seem to change types more often than Te-egos / valuers. Gamma & Delta tend to take their commitments more seriously, whereas Alpha & Beta will often talk in a more open-ended, theorizing sort of way. They're more interested in expressing emotion than expressing facts. So the whole idea of a 'self-type', at least to me, is not particularly serious. I've outright said that I've changed my TIM over the years as a way of trolling people for fun. The TIM next to each post may seem more of a staple of credibility to a Gamma or Delta, but I don't take it that seriously. The forum is like a game to me in that it's fun. I go on here in my leisure time. I find it comical how riled up people get when I change a simple three letters. Like I said, I could have told you my type years ago, but I just like to have fun exploring different options.

But yes - there's a reason ESEs are often also enneagram 3. I tend to think of my self-identity as being a part of the groups/activities I've belonged to, in an Fe-manner, ie. 'I'm a soccer-player', or 'I'm a runner for my college', and I tend to think and identify myself in terms of facts - 'I'm 5'11 and 172 lbs', 'I have blonde hair' or 'I like to play video games' or 'I like to watch movies' etc. etc. You get the point. To stop and think of the underlying REASON I like those activities, or participate in the groups I do, or the reasons my underlying personality and needs/want manifest themselves into certain activities, is very unnatural for me, because of Ni POLR.

It's also one reason ESEs can be so positive. A bit offtopic, but if anyone is interested. Because it's very easy for us to forget about the underlying themes of our personalities, or lives, or problems with family, etc., and just be 'in-the-moment' and lifting the immediate positive atmosphere around us, it's easier to be positive, even if the underlying circumstances are horrible. Other people with more developed Ni notice this, and will often see through the ESE's positivity as being fake.

^^ Understanding this also took some time as ESE, because quite frankly many of the descriptions of ESE suck. They portray ESE as eternally positive most of the time. More of the mature, accurate descriptions actually portray the ESE as being quite serious sometimes. We can focus with deep intensity. We're masters at controlling the emotional atmosphere - this doesn't always mean positive and happy. In fact, when it's time to work, when can channel focus and get others to focus more with ease.

More mature ESEs, aware of Ni as they've grown and aged, are more likely to take a step back, and let things progress naturally. It doesn't matter what action we take, as we are all dusts in the wind, over the course of centuries. I personally don't care what the average person did with their life 500 years ago, and I bet people 500 years ago won't care what we do now with our lives. It's fun to just take a step back in life and smile on your ride through it. I smile when I look at babies, or teenagers making the same mistakes I did, or young adults. I'm able to sort of take a step back and understand who I am, what my personality is, where I'm going in life, how my actions may have contradicted, etc. etc., things that may be perceived as more in-line with Ni. But I don't do this often, and it's certainly not as natural for me.

Hope this helps clarify some things!
    THIS was fucking BRILLIANT!

THIS was your best post EVER.

OH Raahhhh!

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What made you realize that you are Si base and not Ni base?

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inguz View Post
    What made you realize that you are Si base and not Ni base?
    I am very well in touch with my senses I have a very good body feeling (how stuff affects my body) I feel that for example when I work out. Comfort seeking plays also a role i could describe you for example easily all the chairs in my grandmothers flat and what I like about them and what not.
    On the other hand I thought long that I am intuitive because I am interested in politics and where the world is heading and to comprehend correlations. I figured out that I satisfy these needs mostly with reading the newspaper and my political discussions I have are often about weighing facts putting stuff together means mor Te-creative for me. What I really don't have is a vivid (3d- like) immagination.
    I also study and even though I like my study I really very seldom try to imagine myself what I might do in 5 years and I am in general not very future centred.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I am very well in touch with my senses I have a very good body feeling (how stuff affects my body) I feel that for example when I work out. Comfort seeking plays also a role i could describe you for example easily all the chairs in my grandmothers flat and what I like about them and what not.
    On the other hand I thought long that I am intuitive because I am interested in politics and where the world is heading and to comprehend correlations. I figured out that I satisfy these needs mostly with reading the newspaper and my political discussions I have are often about weighing facts putting stuff together means mor Te-creative for me. What I really don't have is a vivid (3d- like) immagination.
    I also study and even though I like my study I really very seldom try to imagine myself what I might do in 5 years and I am in general not very future centred.
    Yeah, my mom who is ILI isn't very well in touch with her senses. She may not eat well and my dad who is SLI will be the first to notice the disharmony in her equilibrium with regards to her health and prompt her to make something for them to eat together so that she actually eats and eats well. I love my dad, if it weren't for him both myself and mom would eat nothing but potatoes and veggies. He's the one who is so well in touch that he says "isn't it dinner time? we have to eat a little meat it's good for us"

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you talk about food in every fucking thread Maritsa?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Why do you talk about food in every fucking thread Maritsa?

IDK. I wish there was someone saying "I want to eat this!" and usually I'm very hungry when I make these posts

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    IDK. I wish there was someone saying "I want to eat this!" and usually I'm very hungry when I make these posts
    Have you ever considered that if you are so hungry that it might be the time to eat rather than to post?

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I thought you were not aware of it when you're hungry

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I thought you were not aware of it when you're hungry
    at very very hungry I am I get hypoglycemic which is so obvious.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Ni basically means that u space out alot? I do that alot when I'm bored.