TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI's hard to VI?

so, I find IEI-Fe's to be easy to spot.

I find IEI-Ni's impossible to spot. why? because they VI as everything but themself.

I told my IEI friend that he looked like an LII. He then tells me, "hmm, well my dad is an LII, and I hang out with him a lot."

Which brings me to another point. I have this hidden ability to transform into whatever personality I talk to, if I do it hard enough. So hard.

I would only imagine my dual would have an increased ability to transform into shit they actually aren't.

So now I'm under the impression that IEI-Ni's are impossible to VI because they take on physical characteristics of whoever they are hanging around with most often.

An actual ninja (who kinda looks like mclovin) recently told me, "You can't VI a ninja, because they don't think."

lol.

Ideas?

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI-Nis all look something like me.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want the Ni subtype. At least, my experience with them has always been low energy, creepy comics, and existentialistic minecraft music.

I'm more into someone who is cooler and far less intelligent than I am.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm only half joking

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I don't want the Ni subtype. At least, my experience with them has always been low energy, creepy comics, and existentialistic minecraft music.
    That describes me perfectly.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never found IEIs that difficult to VI, occasionally an Fe-sub (more commonly the 3s) can have Se-like qualities, or be closer to an Fe-dominant; but on the whole, there's always the same casual aloofness, appropriate degree of emotion withheld, lazy composure and sunken focus. Ni-subs have a soft self-containment, like you know they're there but can't find their exact locus, whereas Fe-subs have more of an emotive overtness, and give off a sense of communicating things just implicitly enough. sorry if those sound vague, I haven't thought about socionics in a while...
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actual Ninjas are Ni-IEIs. That is why you cannot find your dual. They cannot be seen but when they decide to appear.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    The real reason you can't VI a ninja is because by the time you see them, you have a shuriken in your back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Actual Ninjas are Ni-IEIs. That is why you cannot find your dual. They cannot be seen but when they decide to appear.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look them in the eyes. They'll look like their gathering if they're listening.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I'm more into someone who is cooler and far less intelligent than I am.
    go for a sei. they're nice and stupid.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

weird, i'd always assumed you were fe subtype, but sp/so or so/sp. probably so/sp cos you seem to have a bit of impression management going on.

to me ni subtypes usually appear more outwardly deeper. but fe types are more masky.

by outwards, i mean inward. outwardly they seem more inwardly deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I find IEI-Ni easy to spot, not only because I self type as one.

They usually have a distant look in their eyes and a softer smile. They tend to show less outward emotion than the IEI-Fe's do, and they often look as if they're lost. They sometimes give off that "deer in headlights" look. They can also appear a lot harsher/serious in appearance than IEI-Fe's, if that makes any sense.

I work with an IEI-Fe and it's really easy to spot the differences between our general behavior patterns. She's extremely friendly and has great people skills, you'd almost mistake her for an extroverted type. She's a lot more socially confident and open about expressing her personal feelings. Openly optimistic and super nice. Very facially expressive and more prone to speaking her mind. Whereas I, on the other hand am a lot quieter, less emotionally expressive, less keen on people and having to deal with them. I come off more daydreamy as others are aways commenting that I look as if I'm lost in a dream bubble. I've been told that my face is usually serious and expressionless unless I'm smiling or that I look like I'm trying to appear seductive (which, umm, no).

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Poor IEI...

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    to me ni subtypes usually appear more outwardly deeper. but fe types are more masky.

by outwards, i mean inward. outwardly they seem more inwardly deep.
    * mind explodes *

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not hard, you've just gotta confirm and final.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally feel @Starfall VI's as an ENFp, but then again I've met a lot of IEI's who test as IEI and VI as something completely random (SEE, LII etc). So I'm second guessing ENFp for her at this point.

Otherwise I usually determine subtype with a simple look at energy level and frequency of social occurrence. In other words, whatever the person would type in Kiersey. So for example, I'm a lower energy SLE, teetering on the brink of becomming a rational LSI, and I am quite introverted compared to many other SLE's. So I've always just stuck with Ti for subtype.

In my experience, IEI-Fe and IEI-Ni look completely and utterly different. The Fe types tend to be much more superficial and trendy. I dated 2 IEI-Fe's. When asked "what kind of movies do you watch?" my answer was, "fantasy and sci fi."

"what's that mean?"

lmao.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae16t View Post
    He means that INFp-Ni externally appear to have more depth, and that INFp-Fe externally appear to be more masked in this regard.
    So you're saying the depth is hard to spot at first sight?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

so, I find IEI-Fe's to be easy to spot.

I find IEI-Ni's impossible to spot. why? because they VI as everything but themself.

I told my IEI friend that he looked like an LII. He then tells me, "hmm, well my dad is an LII, and I hang out with him a lot."

Which brings me to another point. I have this hidden ability to transform into whatever personality I talk to, if I do it hard enough. So hard.

I would only imagine my dual would have an increased ability to transform into shit they actually aren't.

So now I'm under the impression that IEI-Ni's are impossible to VI because they take on physical characteristics of whoever they are hanging around with most often.

An actual ninja (who kinda looks like mclovin) recently told me, "You can't VI a ninja, because they don't think."

lol.

Ideas?
    *waives hi*

Actually IEI are not the best at camouflage effect. They are pretty solid line Fe users. Ni subs are just introvert, quiet, less romantic spirited than the Fe sub. Ni sub are better in relations with others than Fe who may say and do things that upset their relations because they are less concerned for it.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the ladies wanna dualise with Gorky.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta NFs tend to be hard to identify because they are great at somehow mimicking other types. If you read the article on romance styles, you'll see that talked about in the challenger section.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    Beta NFs tend to be hard to identify because they are great at somehow mimicking other types. If you read the article on romance styles, you'll see that talked about in the challenger section.
    Tickling them ought to do the trick and stop it.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Tickling them ought to do the trick and stop it.
    I'm not ticklish.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    I'm not ticklish.
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=6198,1287416

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know as what type I visually come across. I test as IEI-Fe subtype, but probably only because I recently decided to come out of my shell. I don't want to label myself anymore as the typical shy and reclusive introvert, I can be very outgoing at times, depending on the people I'm surrounded by. In front of anybody who seems to have a certain kind of authority I just act like a little mouse. And for a long time I have hidden my light under a bushel.

So, I actually don't know whether I'm an Fe-subtype or an Ni-subtype. But this is what people tend to perceive me like - just a little summary of some comments I received which I can still remember:

The eyes seem to be important. My Arts teacher once said, if I had been born in the Middle Ages they would have burned me as a witch on the stake. Just because my eyes look so strange. To a certain extent they look like the eyes of Constantine the Great - the way the are depicted on statues and reliefs.
    Concerning posture, it always looks like I carry an imaginary rucksack, if that makes any sense.
    I'm not so aware of gestures I make, but I've been told that I often clap my hands when I'm enthusiastic about an idea. Must look rather stupid. :/

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Well, that's why you're finding IEIs hard to VI... you're shit at VI.
    Yeah. Please, loser. Get some better VI skills. What the fuck are you doing all day. You should be able to tell somebody's personality by their posture by now. Dickhead.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

i dunno iei ni types are pretty quiet. you might just not notice them.

it's not like instant connection with most of them, for me at least.

but i dont' really get the connectoin thing. like how come with some people you form connections much quicker than others, even if they're the same type . . is it their present state, their sum of their experiences, the phase of the moon.. what is it.

i don't really try and connect with infp-fe subtype in real life, ni subtype seems more interesting/mysterious. fe subtype is superficial and shallow.

retired
    TIM
    Se
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by nigh; 07-08-2014 at 03:41 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    i don't really try and connect with infp-fe subtype in real life, ni subtype seems more interesting/mysterious. fe subtype is superficial and shallow.
    What makes you say this?

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok. I'm much better at VI'ing IEI's now.

actually, most of the time I think they are my identical... which is odd.

AM I AN IEIE!?

I often times don't identify with other SLE's visually. They seem stronger than I am.

I've also been considering the possibility that I'm actually an Enneagram 4.

Wierd shit is happening in my head right now.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VI isn't the answer for everything. I'm doubting the idea that it's possible to VI a person's sociotype now.
    I've met some people - pairs of sisters - who VI the same: They look similar, have a similar voice and if course dialect, laugh the same way, smile the same way, make the same facial expressions, movements and so on. If you didn't know them well you had trouble to differentiate them. But their personalities and they way they deal with things are just totally different. In one case, one of the girls clearly seems to value Fe, but the other Fi. In another case, one values Se and the other Si.
    That makes me sceptic about the whole VI thing... :/
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEIs are hard to VI bc people who are not IEI keep insisting that they are.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ok. I'm much better at VI'ing IEI's now.

actually, most of the time I think they are my identical... which is odd.

AM I AN IEIE!?

I often times don't identify with other SLE's visually. They seem stronger than I am.

I've also been considering the possibility that I'm actually an Enneagram 4.

FWIW, I think you might be EIE.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

only now?

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...DJ...don't bother with IEI. Fuck em, I hate them all...well the guys are cool, just the girls. Fuck them.

I dont even believe in subtypes, just life experiences. But if you want a picture of IEI that clearly use more Fe and ones that clearly like to use more Ni...

Had to look her up because I didn't know her name, this is more Ni.

Annette Bening

Taraji P Henson

Fe, the ones I cant fucking stand, are like

Snooki

Lana Del Rey
    Last edited by Leader; 11-26-2013 at 01:37 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh, you think snooki is an IEI? I wouldn't want to disrespect any of the types by trying to type snooki, I'd just leave her out of socionics...

I also find it interesting that on this forum, while the gammas (LIE and ESI esp) are making a nice show of having respect and interest in each other, betas (IEI and SLE esp) can't stop talking about how much they hate each other. I've contributed to this too, I'm not blameless.

But why??!!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also Lana Del Ray is so Fi it hurts.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...DJ you are ESTp dude..I've seen your videos on youtube, you are ESTp...

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    ...DJ...don't bother with IEI. Fuck em, I hate them all...well the guys are cool, just the girls. Fuck them.

I dont even believe in subtypes, just life experiences. But if you want a picture of IEI that clearly use more Fe and ones that clearly like to use more Ni...

Had to look her up because I didn't know her name, this is more Ni.

Annette Bening

Fe, the ones I cant fucking stand, are like

Goldie Hawn

Snooki

Lana Del Rey
    Those are pictures of ESEs and IEEs. No wonder you've come to "hate them".

Jesse Jo (link) and Fiona Apple are good example of Ni-IEIs. Both of them look spaced out like a proper Ni-IxI should be.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I dont like snooki, shes a bitch..and a mess, usually Fe are a mess. Manipulative and whiny, even though their Fe is sexy as shit to me. I just can't stand their acting (manipulation) and stupidity. Ni are usually more thoughtful which makes them smarter. Lana Del Rey......could be INFj...maybe.
    Last edited by Leader; 11-26-2013 at 01:45 AM.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No...my typing is correct. Okay, i'll admit I did screw up with Goldie Hawn, she probably is ESE, but the rest are correct. Annete Benning could be ENFp...

Jesse Jo, yeah I could see IEI.

Fiona Apple is INTj without a doubt.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Yeah I dont like snooki, shes a bitch..and a mess, usually Fe are a mess. Manipulative and whiny, even though their Fe is sexy as shit to me.
    Fe isn't being messy, whiny, and manipulative and IEI aren't the only type endowed with Fe.

Fiona Apple is INTj without a doubt.
    an INTj with such obvious victim songs. have you ever listened to anything she's written?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast