TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi, some sort of Alpha here!

Hello there! Greetings from Finland!

I'm new to Socionics and am looking forward to learning everything I can about it! It seems like a great tool for understanding myself, other people and relationships.

I'm still unsure of my type but I relate most to the ILE and LII descriptions... and to some degree, SEI and ILI. Every online test I've taken tells me I'm LII or ILE (occasionally IEI or IEE) and after reading the descriptions of different quadras, I relate to Alpha the most, so I guess it's safe to conclude I'm an ILE-Ti or LII-Ne... but which one? Or something else entirely? Well, I'm here to find out - and maybe meet some nice folks while I'm at it.

So, um... hi.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

hello

TIM
    it's so pretty type
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    What do you like to do for fun?
    Let me share a little story. I was about 15-17 years old when it happened.

It was a bright and sunny day. There was a summer break from school and I was spending some time at a summer cottage with my extended family, in the middle of nowhere... but what a beautiful nowhere it was! I had brought some books with me and was reading one of them. It was an organic chemistry textbook, with lots of mathematics and pictures illustrating atomic orbitals. My granny took a look at the book and asked, baffled, "Are you doing homework? You poor thing!"

"No," I replied, "I'm reading this for fun."

This happened a looong time ago but I'm still like that. I'm not sure if I should be ashamed of my geekiness or not...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

an SEI perhapse?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If you settle on SEI one day, supervise some EIE on here. Thank you.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    an SEI perhapse?
    Well, I can relate to the profile and am seriously considering it. Any particular reason why you're suggesting SEI?

But... I have a couple issues with that type:
    1) I usually test as Intuitive and Logical, and I don't think any tests have ever typed me as a Sensing type! Of course the tests are only a starting point for figuring out your type, but is it possible to be an SF type and test as NT? Could the tests be that inaccurate?
    2) From the description of SEI, I get the impression they tend to be very well in tune with their bodies. I, on the other hand, have never really felt "at home" in this physical body. Especially as a kid, I had trouble controlling my body, and my movements were quite awkward. I got the impression SEIs would be more graceful than that. Am I mistaken here?

The more I read about ILEs and SEIs, the more confusing it gets. Both profiles make me go "YES, that's me!" One describes the emotional and social part of me, the other my mental and intellectual part. Isn't it kind of schizophrenic to be so torn between such different types? Or maybe I am my own dual. (J/K)

Anyway, the more I have read about the different types, the more convinced I have become it's some kind of Alpha. I can sort of relate to ILIs and Delta NFs too, but only on the surface.