Member Questionnaire 1 (Sarah Huynh)
What is beauty? What is love?
Beauty can mean a lot of things. How pretty someone is, the beauty of life, blahblahblah. Love is that addictive feeling you get when you meet someone you wanna be with for the rest of your life.
What are your most important values?
loyalty, honesty, compassion, learning... I believe there's good in everyone. So treat everyone as you would treat yourself. Be kind no matter how shitty the other person is.
Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
Nah, I don't as much as I want to. I just can't get myself to get into religion. It makes me feel bad because my husband believe sin God and thinks I should too.
Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
War is dumb but sometimes necessary. Sometimes sacrifice is necessary to uphold a future for everyone else.
What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
I haven't talked much to anyone lately so I don't really remember what sort of long conversations I had. I like throwing back and forth ideas with people though. Talking about who won the whatever games last night, or what i had for breakfast this morning is just boring. I'm not very interested in celebrities either. They're just normal people, after all.
Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
It's interesting to talk about from time to time but nothing I take really seriously. I d watch what I eat and cook though. I hate the feeling of being sick.
What do you think of daily chores?
Tedious but necessary. Sometimes I do it last minute because other things have caught my attention.
Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
The Time Traveler's Wife was a tearjerker for me. The movie, I mean. Recently I've been reading this visual novel called Hakuouki: Memories o the Shinsengumi and man. It's just depressing. But I guess the stories behind it wouldn't be good without the realism.
What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
I don't really remember the last time I've cried. I think the last time I cried was when my husband snapped at me for interrupting his video game match. Thinking about all the different characters from games/movies and ideas I can make into a story for them makes me smile though.
Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
Probably in a place where people are scarce. Like in the woods or the beach at night.
What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
My quietness can come across as being dumb or shy. I dislike not being able to talk when I have something to say. I always hold back because I'm scared of conflict.
What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
People trust me not to murder their pets/kids when I'm babysitting, I guess? I dunno. The only thing I like about myself would have to be that I can think in a more broader sense of view than most of the people I know.
In what areas of your life would you like help?
My social life. I don't think I really have one right now. lol
Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
Nah, not really.
What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
I like people who smile and laugh a lot. It gives me sense of comfort, I guess. Emotional people make me nervous because I don't really know how to act in those kind of situations besides awkwardly hug them and say "it'll be ok." People who have manners and don't curse or act arrogant are swell too.
How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
I like the idea of romance but lately I feel like it's only worth it if you have a soulmate. I'd rather not just blindly date someone. We should be best friends first. Or something like that. Sex is whatever. It's only good if it's with someone you love though. I think the most endearing qualities I would like in a partner would be how responsible, understanding, and compassionate they are. I'd rather they not act like a goofball or tell corny jokes just to get people to laugh though. I find that kinda embarrassing.
If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
My main concern would be if they were learning and growing as much as they should be. I also want them to have values and beliefs of their own. I'd play with them as much as possible, let them wonder and revel on all the small things in life. Let them explore the world at their own pace. I want them to be a good and understanding person when they grow up. We have enough headless chickens running around this earth as it is.
A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

If they're a close friend I'd probably question and challenge them. If not... I'd just be whatever. It's your belief.
Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
There's some good and bad people. People are just whatever. Normal. It bothers me though how heartless some people would be. Like, I saw this picture of a woman who got hit by a car and died right there on the street. Instead of getting help, the passerbies took out their phones and took pics! That kinda stuff just really appalls me.
How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I don't really open up to people. It's kind of random when I do. Kind of like an "eff it" I'll just talk cuz life is short kinda thing. When I'm with someone I can truly consider a friend though, I can act all sorts of crazy with them. You would think I was an entirely different person.
How do you behave around strangers?
Formal. Kinda apathetic. I smile though so that it doesn't seem like I'm being stuck up or anything.