View Poll Results: what is Bill Burr's type?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

6 37.50%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

2 12.50%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

1 6.25%
  • LIE (ENTj)

1 6.25%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

6 37.50%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill Burr (comedian)

retired
    TIM
    Se
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bill Burr (comedian)

I find him funny.

He gives me an impression of Te and intuition so far. Can ENTj be this loud? Any other opinion?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by silke; 09-19-2020 at 12:49 AM. Reason: updated links

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like him. Se values (Gamma/Beta). Beyond that I've not thought about it much.
    Easy Day

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

extravert an ST type for sure.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    extravert an ST type for sure.
    How come you can't describe if he's rational or irrational ie, your conflictor or dual?

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

same type as buscemi

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soupman View Post
    How come you can't describe if he's rational or irrational ie, your conflictor or dual?
    he's ESTj confirm and final. In his talk with the host he describes why someone "they make me feel old" ..."they get that" (facts) "just a guy playing their Ipod" (activity watching) "all you have to do is find" (another activity) tries to tell the difference between two external things; rational conclusions "13% are cool the others are ass holes"; the value of the job or skill "who would want that job?"
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    he's ESTj confirm and final. In his talk with the host he describes why someone "they make me feel old" ..."they get that" (facts) "just a guy playing their Ipod" (activity watching) "all you have to do is find" (another activity) tries to tell the difference between two external things; rational conclusions "13% are cool the others are ass holes"; the value of the job or skill "who would want that job?"
    I don't understand the connection you're making between talking about "activities" and being LSE. Why are feeling old and being able to describe another person with the phrase "they get that" considered facts? I would like a link to the socionics source material that validates your reasoning to the point of you feeling you can "confirm and final" this typing. Furthermore I wouldn't mind hearing you explain why anything you cited him saying is exclusively LSE.
    Easy Day

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    I don't understand the connection you're making between talking about "activities" and being LSE. Why are feeling old and being able to describe another person with the phrase "they get that" considered facts? I would like a link to the socionics source material that validates your reasoning to the point of you feeling you can "confirm and final" this typing. Furthermore I wouldn't mind hearing you explain why anything you cited him saying is exclusively LSE.
    the things he says is not exclusively LSE but the majority of his references are things that don't relate back to himself. I find that introverts, especially during an interview want to somehow bring a conversation back to themselves for the reason of self validation, or almost like self affirmation hence they refer a lot of things back to the "I". He doesn't do much until the interviewer refers back to him and even then he tries to gear things towards an activity rather than how he heels or what he thinks things are. Te is involved with the judgement of external happenings or activities (a dynamic function); it observes things happen then stops to conclude a rational in which case it judges everything else by that standard. Here in the vocabulary section of wikisocion you will find related phrases that correspond with Te.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Vocabulary
    -

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

As LSE as it gets.

This guy is a good reference point for creative Si eyes, actually. Good to have someone that's a bit younger to draw an example from.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill Burr reminds me of my boyfriend.
    Everything interests me but nothing holds me.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he is SLI. Obnoxious doesn't necessarily mean Extraverted. Obnoxiousness, in the way he displays it, seems to be more of a product of his Dual Seeking function. I display the same level of energy when I'm in social situations. Also, he seems to me at least to be too laid back to be an LSE and he just isn't as bookish as most LSEs either. He is a HUGE contrast from my LSE father and pretty dissimilar from every LSE I know. I can't go much further than anecdotal evidence, but I really don't think he is LSE.

FWIW, he also reminds me of my SLE friend who grew up with an SLI tradesmen father. He and Bill both come from that same background and have eerily similar senses of humor.

EDIT: Actually I think my friend who I typed SLE may actually be SLI or Bill Burr may be SLE. Either way they are too similar to not be the same type.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Delta ST to the core

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this guy. I sat here and clicked on video after video (you know...after a vid ends it has all these suggest vids to watch).... there's one where he starts to cry talking about his friend passing

He's pretty funny. bit of a downer...zooms in on negative shit...but still funny. definite SiTe ego but not sure which.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking LSE. During this video I was searching for evidence of Si creative, for the longest time I only got the vaguest sense of it…. untill (13:30) this joke came along. BINGO.

To address the previous comment about him being SLI. In my view there is a reason LSE - SLI are mirror images of each other. Bill is the negativist, non-stop (emotivist), Te-dom, extrotram, serious quadra delta ST. It's almost like he is crying out for introverted feeling suggestive (Fi). SLI/LSE ARE similar. However, I think the SLI is "sweeter", quite, and has less of a problem with acting out Fe then LSE, like Burr does. You could go years not knowing personal details about your SLI friend, unless you guessed at them (IEE). Not so with LSE, because blah blah blah, they talk continuously about their opinions.

For fun, I'd like to see how he interacts with Sarah Silverman (the majority of consensus says IEE). I can totally see activity partners.

BTW, everything I say is open to discussion. I don't believe my own bullshit , usually…….

(23:30) This is a joke straight from an ESTj's mouth.
    Last edited by wacey; 07-26-2014 at 03:52 AM.

Creepy-Megabat

Well bill burr is a fucking comedian, ain't he

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's your point Mega? Each comedian has a different "flavour" depending on sociotype.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bill Burr

Go.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI last time I heard.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty clear SLI, in my opinion. By far my favorite comedian. He is this very hardened, salt of the earth type personality that I think could only really fit a delta ST. He has a youtube channel where he is showing how to make pie crust if that's not the most Si ego thing you've ever heard. And I think his Fe polr really comes through in his humor and general philosophy on life.

Also, he and conan (ILE) get along pretty well.

Last edited by Contra; 12-16-2015 at 10:01 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interestingly enough, I've yet to see an interview between him and Jimmy Fallon (a supposed IEE) where Fallon wasn't just awkward and squirming the whole time. It looks like he totally doesn't get bill burr's schtick. It makes me wonder if Fallon isn't just maybe too reverential of Fe or a have certain disdain toward any type of political incorrectness (I have seen this happen when Fi egos are mainly friends with Fe egos. Seems unhealthy). The second option is that Fallon could actually be the same type as my Beta NF roommate because they do have some similarities, but I dont know.. I think the first option is more likely.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

LSE so/sx 7w6 - he always look so tense, high-strung and pulled together, like he can never fully let go and relax (EJ>IP)

edit: uuu superego shots fired, though the other guy can't respond now

Last edited by silke; 07-15-2018 at 06:05 PM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is where his type has been discussed before: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...urr-(comedian). Great posts there by @wacey, @Maritsa, and @Narc
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

J, E

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is ILE a possibility?

TIM
    ESTp 7w8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy is an SLE... There is no way an LSE would joke like this. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drw9ztQnv7M

IMO,
    This guy literally gives 0 shits and believes in what he is saying. However, he is communicating it in a possibly humorous and exaggerated way. He is also not apologetic of what he is saying. He is attempting to persuade others to accept and understand his logic.

An LSE may have periods of frustration and outrage. However, often they recognize their behavior as inappropriate and return to their original status. An LSE would feel bad but not verbalize it. He often will just avoid and ignore it as if it never occurred. This also does not sound like LSE humor.

LSE=Tightass
    SLE=Jackass
    Last edited by Living 2Day; 03-20-2018 at 11:33 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Very funny comedian and Si-LSE IMO.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

he sort of describes that dog as really dumb ESI, (Fi--the relationship being the basis of ethical judgements, and Ne--"is it the door??")... whether he's describing his conflictor or dual or other is hard to say, but he does seem oriented as a 4d Te type

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My impression of Bill Burr is SLE. Maybe leaning a bit toward SLE-Ti.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

He seems LSI Sp/Sx 6
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    LSE so/sx 7w6 - he always look so tense, high-strung and pulled together, like he can never fully let go and relax (EJ>IP)

edit: uuu superego shots fired, though the other guy can't respond now

LSE and 7w6 pick one. Just cuz 7w6 is called the entertainer and this guy is a comedian doesnt mean hes one.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol I want to see that clip introduced to the steve jobs thread

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

N

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    Interestingly enough, I've yet to see an interview between him and Jimmy Fallon (a supposed IEE) where Fallon wasn't just awkward and squirming the whole time. It looks like he totally doesn't get bill burr's schtick. It makes me wonder if Fallon isn't just maybe too reverential of Fe or a have certain disdain toward any type of political incorrectness (I have seen this happen when Fi egos are mainly friends with Fe egos. Seems unhealthy). The second option is that Fallon could actually be the same type as my Beta NF roommate because they do have some similarities, but I dont know.. I think the first option is more likely.

Jimmy Fallon is a pretty obvious Fe user. IEI is more likely than IEE.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill Burr is like one of the two main characters on a TV show about an Irish family who's family business is middle level crime. Burr isn't the hot head who can't help get in trouble, but rather the abrasive no nonsense one who everyone thinks is meaner, but in private never cheats on his wife and goes out of his way to protect his hot head brother from his own mistakes.

So you know, Delta. Duh.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE or SLE imo

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILE-Ne 7w6 so/sp

Added: https://www.pinterest.com/socionics/ile-ne/

Added: https://stackemup.livejournal.com/3557.html

motivation: subversion
    so/sp is the only stack of 7w6 that has the freight-train style of speech....it's like a 7w6 on steroids. obviously social first and is always "on" (clear sx-last...his physical expression does not seek intimacy in any way, shape or formso too much of a brick wall for sx-second*). Larry Flynt would be an example of ILE-Ne 7w6 so/sx.

*sx-lasters who confuse themselves with sexual-firsts often report having a desire for intimacy but as wanting to put it off into the future in order to focus on other stuff
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 07-26-2018 at 04:04 PM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would immediately want to type him as SLE if I didn't already know he was usually typed LSE. Interesting. I find the things he says funny and often relatable, but his attitude is off-putting. I can't stand screaming comedians. I usually find LSEs more pleasant to be around and I would definitely not want to hang around Bill Burr.
    7w6 9w1 2w3 sx/? RLUAI(rl|U|ai)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast