View Poll Results: what is Bill Burr's type?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

1 100.00%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Bill Burr (comedian)

retired
    TIM
    Se
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bill Burr (comedian)

I find him funny.

He gives me an impression of Te and intuition so far. Can ENTj be this loud? Any other opinion?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by silke; 04-28-2017 at 01:26 PM. Reason: updated links

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like him. Se values (Gamma/Beta). Beyond that I've not thought about it much.
    Easy Day

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

extravert an ST type for sure.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    extravert an ST type for sure.
    How come you can't describe if he's rational or irrational ie, your conflictor or dual?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

same type as buscemi
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soupman View Post
    How come you can't describe if he's rational or irrational ie, your conflictor or dual?
    he's ESTj confirm and final. In his talk with the host he describes why someone "they make me feel old" ..."they get that" (facts) "just a guy playing their Ipod" (activity watching) "all you have to do is find" (another activity) tries to tell the difference between two external things; rational conclusions "13% are cool the others are ass holes"; the value of the job or skill "who would want that job?"

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    he's ESTj confirm and final. In his talk with the host he describes why someone "they make me feel old" ..."they get that" (facts) "just a guy playing their Ipod" (activity watching) "all you have to do is find" (another activity) tries to tell the difference between two external things; rational conclusions "13% are cool the others are ass holes"; the value of the job or skill "who would want that job?"
    I don't understand the connection you're making between talking about "activities" and being LSE. Why are feeling old and being able to describe another person with the phrase "they get that" considered facts? I would like a link to the socionics source material that validates your reasoning to the point of you feeling you can "confirm and final" this typing. Furthermore I wouldn't mind hearing you explain why anything you cited him saying is exclusively LSE.
    Easy Day

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    I don't understand the connection you're making between talking about "activities" and being LSE. Why are feeling old and being able to describe another person with the phrase "they get that" considered facts? I would like a link to the socionics source material that validates your reasoning to the point of you feeling you can "confirm and final" this typing. Furthermore I wouldn't mind hearing you explain why anything you cited him saying is exclusively LSE.
    the things he says is not exclusively LSE but the majority of his references are things that don't relate back to himself. I find that introverts, especially during an interview want to somehow bring a conversation back to themselves for the reason of self validation, or almost like self affirmation hence they refer a lot of things back to the "I". He doesn't do much until the interviewer refers back to him and even then he tries to gear things towards an activity rather than how he heels or what he thinks things are. Te is involved with the judgement of external happenings or activities (a dynamic function); it observes things happen then stops to conclude a rational in which case it judges everything else by that standard. Here in the vocabulary section of wikisocion you will find related phrases that correspond with Te.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Vocabulary

TIM
    Ni-ENTj 8w9 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

As LSE as it gets.

This guy is a good reference point for creative Si eyes, actually. Good to have someone that's a bit younger to draw an example from.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill Burr reminds me of my boyfriend.
    Everything interests me but nothing holds me.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he is SLI. Obnoxious doesn't necessarily mean Extraverted. Obnoxiousness, in the way he displays it, seems to be more of a product of his Dual Seeking function. I display the same level of energy when I'm in social situations. Also, he seems to me at least to be too laid back to be an LSE and he just isn't as bookish as most LSEs either. He is a HUGE contrast from my LSE father and pretty dissimilar from every LSE I know. I can't go much further than anecdotal evidence, but I really don't think he is LSE.

FWIW, he also reminds me of my SLE friend who grew up with an SLI tradesmen father. He and Bill both come from that same background and have eerily similar senses of humor.

EDIT: Actually I think my friend who I typed SLE may actually be SLI or Bill Burr may be SLE. Either way they are too similar to not be the same type.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Delta ST to the core

TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this guy. I sat here and clicked on video after video (you know...after a vid ends it has all these suggest vids to watch).... there's one where he starts to cry talking about his friend passing

He's pretty funny. bit of a downer...zooms in on negative shit...but still funny. definite SiTe ego but not sure which.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking LSE. During this video I was searching for evidence of Si creative, for the longest time I only got the vaguest sense of it…. untill (13:30) this joke came along. BINGO.

To address the previous comment about him being SLI. In my view there is a reason LSE - SLI are mirror images of each other. Bill is the negativist, non-stop (emotivist), Te-dom, extrotram, serious quadra delta ST. It's almost like he is crying out for introverted feeling suggestive (Fi). SLI/LSE ARE similar. However, I think the SLI is "sweeter", quite, and has less of a problem with acting out Fe then LSE, like Burr does. You could go years not knowing personal details about your SLI friend, unless you guessed at them (IEE). Not so with LSE, because blah blah blah, they talk continuously about their opinions.

For fun, I'd like to see how he interacts with Sarah Silverman (the majority of consensus says IEE). I can totally see activity partners.

BTW, everything I say is open to discussion. I don't believe my own bullshit , usually…….

(23:30) This is a joke straight from an ESTj's mouth.
    Last edited by wacey; 07-26-2014 at 04:52 AM.
    "Traffic lights and loneliness. Paper cans and tape cassettes. When the world feels like this. Static shocks and bitterness."

Creepy-Megabat

Well bill burr is a fucking comedian, ain't he

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's your point Mega? Each comedian has a different "flavour" depending on sociotype.
    "Traffic lights and loneliness. Paper cans and tape cassettes. When the world feels like this. Static shocks and bitterness."

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bill Burr

Go.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI last time I heard.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty clear SLI, in my opinion. By far my favorite comedian. He is this very hardened, salt of the earth type personality that I think could only really fit a delta ST. He has a youtube channel where he is showing how to make pie crust if that's not the most Si ego thing you've ever heard. And I think his Fe polr really comes through in his humor and general philosophy on life.

Also, he and conan (ILE) get along pretty well.

Last edited by Contra; 12-16-2015 at 11:01 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interestingly enough, I've yet to see an interview between him and Jimmy Fallon (a supposed IEE) where Fallon wasn't just awkward and squirming the whole time. It looks like he totally doesn't get bill burr's schtick. It makes me wonder if Fallon isn't just maybe too reverential of Fe or a have certain disdain toward any type of political incorrectness (I have seen this happen when Fi egos are mainly friends with Fe egos. Seems unhealthy). The second option is that Fallon could actually be the same type as my Beta NF roommate because they do have some similarities, but I dont know.. I think the first option is more likely.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

LSE so/sp - he always look so tense, high-strung and pulled together, like he can never fully let go and relax (EJ>IP)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is where his type has been discussed before: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...urr-(comedian). Great posts there by @wacey, @Maritsa, and @Narc
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

J, E
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is ILE a possibility?