TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default eggs

I opened a thread on eggs

I remember on my mom's family farm in armenia they had lots of eggs...I fished for a few and what I remember most on my last trip was how hard the eggs there were to crack. The shells were a lot stronger than the average california egg. Weird.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yesterday I was wondering why extra large eggs were called extra large when they're basically the same as large eggs. If they were ostrich eggs, they could be called extra large eggs. But I heard duck eggs were soft and rubbery. Or maybe those were turtle eggs. Are ostrich eggs as crackable and edible as chicken eggs? Quail eggs are cute. Three quail eggs are equal to two chicken eggs. I like Americana chickens because they lay green eggs. An Americana ostrich would be nice if they laid giant green eggs. But ostriches would probably be difficult to keep. I'd settle for Americana geese. I know goose eggs are like extra-large chicken eggs. This reminds me of a Dr. Seuss book. That tiny hummingbird egg? Typing of tiny eggs, when I first saw this thread title I thought you might be referring to human eggs. I have some of those.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fried plx

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eggs are disgusting.

Also: keeping the a fridge is fucking ridiculous.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

eggs are my go-to when i don't feel like thinking about what to cook because i always have eggs and bread around the house and its easy to crack an egg in the pan and plop a slice of bread into the toaster.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is amusing though. Those fucking Chinese.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T55tz4qwFMo
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

i think ppl should be aware of where their food comes from. i only buy eggs from my farmers market...they are cert organic and free range. they have the most tasty eggs i've ever had because their chickens eat bugs. i don't like missing the market on sundays which means i won't have eggs for the rest of the week like i did this past sunday; now i want fried rice
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Eggs are lovely and I eat them all the fucking time, but when I cook them in the microwave they smell like farts. :/
    Eggs in a microwave is iffy but one thing I like to do is take some eggs, 1-2 eggs and mix it 1/4 cup chicken broth and season to taste. Mix it well to get it nicely aerated but not too much. Then I just nuke it for 30s and it form this sort of custard thing which is very mild, fluffy and has a very soft texature. Don't cook it too long because it only really need a small amount of time 30s-1 minute. It should be very delicate but tasty. You can top it with all sort of things and add things like garlic to it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Germany you can either buy eggs from indoor broilers, free-range broilers and organic broilers. I always take the last one, though they are more expensive.

This song comes to mind now - a parody on the song "We gonna start the fire": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbPOYga4ifM
    The lyrics have been changed to: "Wie willste deine Eier? Willste Rühreier oder lieber Spiegelei?" - "How do you want your eggs? Do you want scrambled eggs or sunny side up?"

Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I eat a lot of eggs.
    http://nutritionfacts.org/index.php?s=eggs Party Poopah.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Eggs are lovely and I eat them all the fucking time, but when I cook them in the microwave they smell like farts. :/
    I take them for a snack to work and i always get "what is that smell in here?" I just say "whatever it is, it isn't as bad as anal glands" *veterinary hospitals*
    -

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oops

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss my country life, not just my home but the neighbor had the best little hard-working family farm - fresh eggs! Orange yolks! So superior in taste! But better still was the raw milk from Jersey cows. I made my own butter with the cream and it was the best milk, and so good for you. I have no source for raw milk now, so I travel a bit to get non-homogenized milk that is only lightly pasteurized in small batches from a local dairy. And its not cheap. The raw milk was cheap, and so were those perfect eggs from their clean farm......

P.S. And yes, real eggs nice hard shells! Speaking of shells, I usually had a basket somewhat-dirty fresh farm eggs on the counter. Because if you don't wash them, you don't need to refrigerate them! How about that?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was never an eggg....

The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My answer to eggs:
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eggs are just beautiful. You can make so many different tasting dishes with them and they're so healthy for you. I love you eggs <3

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    In Germany you can either buy eggs from indoor broilers, free-range broilers and organic broilers.
    I get mine from Lidl. Dirt cheap of course, who cares about animal welfare?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I get mine from Lidl. Dirt cheap of course, who cares about animal welfare?
    A lot of people care about it. I only buy organic ones. They also taste better.
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    A lot of people care about it. I only buy organic ones. They also taste better.
    Nonsense, most of them don't care about it, they are just socially positioning themselves. They just want to believe they are caring, ethically behaving people. Ecological stores only exist to satisfy the need for this illusion. A truly ethically produced egg is outrageously expensive.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I imagine it depends on whether the eggs are sourced ethically or logically. Although I don't know what is ethical about taking away children away from chickens and then consuming them in a variety of different ways.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    I imagine it depends on whether the eggs are sourced ethically or logically. Although I don't know what is ethical about taking away children away from chickens and then consuming them in a variety of different ways.
    In the western world,most people have this attitude of absolutism towards what is ethical or not. It is a very ego-centric attitude whereby individual people elevate their personal standards beyond the boundaries of the here and now. But anthropologically, ethics is just a way to organize social groups to whatever needs arise today. Such uis the nature of Ti and Fi (and Te and Fe as well): to function as institutional methods for controlling peoples behavior in a group. There are no absolutes when it comes to ethics, and in the larger scheme of nature and reality, there is no such thing as good or bad. These only exist in social groups.

Taking away chicks from hens is neither good nor bad. Changing the climate is neither good or bad either. These are just things that can happen. Or not. Once an individual understands this principle, he or she will have transcended the egocentric attitude, no longer taking him or herself as a mathematical or teleological measuring lint by which to measure and judge everything else.

Paradoxically, from this letting-go-of-the-ego, a totally different and rare kind of ethics can come about: the ethics of love and compassion. But not many people accomplish this escape from social constructs.

Amen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positive_disintegration

Recommended Reading:

Joseph Campbell & Bill Moyers - The Power of Myth

Also watch the PBS series made for this book on YouTube.
    Last edited by consentingadult; 12-23-2019 at 01:39 PM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Although I don't know what is ethical about taking away children away from chickens and then consuming them in a variety of different ways.
    0_o What.

First it was, "Poor kids just want to play with the chickens."
    then cannibalism

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie the Child View Post
    0_o What.

First it was, "Poor kids just want to play with the chickens."
    then cannibalism
    I was talking about eating chicken children. I don't have an issue with the consumption of hume children.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SubT only eats unfertilized chicken eggs because eating fertilized chicken eggs is unethical.
    This same concern does not carry over to mammals.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie the Child View Post
    SubT only eats unfertilized chicken eggs because eating fertilized chicken eggs is unethical.
    This same concern does not carry over to mammals.
    Mammals took over the dinosaurs because of some asteroid hitting a part of what is now South America...also, people don't naturally warm to reptiles. I think therefore that dinosaurs and their kin should be given their time in the Sun.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Cyberbird
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was talking about eating chicken children. I don't have an issue with the consumption of hume children.
    So, ****** lives but David Hume gets postnatally aborted? The baby-eating atheists even turn on their own.

TIM
    Te-ILI-C 1w9so/sx153
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean by "it"?
    Everything happens for a reason.

TIM
    Te-ILI-C 1w9so/sx153
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sexual turbidity.
    And what in the original post (since you didn't quote anyone) do you mean to refer to with that? The constitution of the shell? I mean that depends to a degree on diet which would have to do with how the chickens are raised, but it also has to do with breed of chicken and other specific genetic markers of the chicken. Since chickens are not vegetarians, letting them roam outside and pick and worms or mice would allow them to better meet their nutritional needs and thus allow them more protein and calcium when it comes to the production of eggs which may result in a more firm shell. The rest of your post seems venture in an entirely different direction from the quality of the egg though, while your grammar suggests that you intend to connect the two seemingly separate points, so this seems like a bit of a bizarre answer.

TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sumdumho View Post
    And what in the original post (since you didn't quote anyone) do you mean to refer to with that? The constitution of the shell? I mean that depends to a degree on diet which would have to do with how the chickens are raised, but it also has to do with breed of chicken and other specific genetic markers of the chicken. Since chickens are not vegetarians, letting them roam outside and pick and worms or mice would allow them to better meet their nutritional needs and thus allow them more protein and calcium when it comes to the production of eggs which may result in a more firm shell. The rest of your post seems venture in an entirely different direction from the quality of the egg though, while your grammar suggests that you intend to connect the two seemingly separate points, so this seems like a bit of a bizarre answer.
    I was referring the original post generally, which is probably why I didn't feel the need to quote anyone in particular.

I imagine an upright hen would eat lots of cereal and go for frequent long walks while being productive in a lifelong monogamous union with its chosen rooster.

TIM
    Te-ILI-C 1w9so/sx153
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was referring the original post generally, which is probably why I didn't feel the need to quote anyone in particular.

I imagine an upright hen would eat lots of cereal and go for frequent long walks while being productive in a lifelong monogamous union with its chosen rooster.
    LOL well it is pretty interesting where different animals similarity to us lies, and its not where a lot of people suspect it does, although in both cases relevant to this thread, cereal is not the best dietary choice.

TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sumdumho View Post
    LOL well it is pretty interesting where different animals similarity to us lies, and its not where a lot of people suspect it does, although in both cases relevant to this thread, cereal is not the best dietary choice.
    yes, cereal is very bad for their health, particularly when they are overfed. The "Sexual turbidity" post was a joke.

TIM
    Te-ILI-C 1w9so/sx153
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, cereal is very bad for their health, particularly when they are overfed. The "Sexual turbidity" post was a joke.
    This is probably true for most things on some level.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast