View Poll Results: Choose your favorite book(s) of the Bible.

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Genesis

4 14.29%
  • Exodus

1 3.57%
  • Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy

0 0%
  • Joshua

0 0%
  • Judges

1 3.57%
  • Ruth, Esther

0 0%
  • 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel

1 3.57%
  • 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles

0 0%
  • Ezra, Nehemiah

1 3.57%
  • Job, Psalms, Song of Solomon

3 10.71%
  • Proverbs, Ecclesiastes

10 35.71%
  • Isaiah

3 10.71%
  • Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel

0 0%
  • Daniel

1 3.57%
  • Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah

0 0%
  • Jonah

0 0%
  • Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi

0 0%
  • Matthew, Mark, Luke

2 7.14%
  • John

4 14.29%
  • Acts, Romans

0 0%
  • 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians

1 3.57%
  • Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians

2 7.14%
  • 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy

1 3.57%
  • Titus, Philemon, Hebrews

0 0%
  • James, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, Jude

0 0%
  • Revelation

7 25.00%
  • I couldn't tell one from another.

3 10.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your favorite book of the Bible?

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have so many favorites. But this verse in Ezekiel is one of the few that I found where the LORD vocalizes His broken heart.

Then when they are exiled among the nations, they will remember me. They will recognize how hurt I am by their unfaithful hearts and lustful eyes that long for their idols. Then at last they will hate themselves for all their detestable sins.” -Ezekiel 6:9

Right after I read this the other day, I heard my dog whimper at his water bowl, which was empty. Immediately, I got up to refill it. Then it occurred to me. I love my dog dearly. It was my instinct to help him at once when he needed water. I love him so much that I provide tenderly for him- his food, water, play activities, toys. He sleeps in bed with me, we snuggle regularly. I take him for walks and to see other dogs or kids, which he loves.

What if, despite all my love and care, my dog hated me? Despised me? What if he never wanted to be with me. What if he took my good gifts and provision, and then ran off, only to return when he needed something. Of course, I’d still want to provide for him. But how deeply hurt would I be??

We do this to GOD. He gives us life, knit us in the womb, gave us an entire creation with which to explore and mold and shape, gave us dominion over all the animals. He gave us the enjoyment of His fellowship, our friends and families, food, leisure activities, work with which to be satisfied. And we all despise Him and run off with His gifts to own pleasures, idols, and evils.

And yet, God sent His best gift to redeem us- His perfect son. Oh, how we all ought to run back to Him like the prodigal son, where God meets us with clean robes, ring, feast, and embrace!
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

2:37

I get a kick out of that

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Book of enoch

It's full of fulfilled prophecy/mystery and it's new to me

https://youtu.be/APDGyqunQGw

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    Book of enoch

It's full of fulfilled prophecy/mystery and it's new to me

https://youtu.be/APDGyqunQGw
    I think we spoke about that before? The book of enoch isn't part of the Bible, it's full of contradictions, rambling and heresies: It states an angel named name phanuel and the book of enoch states, 'and the fourth (angel) who is set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel.' This is direct heresy in comparison to the Bible which states Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and men, not some angel: 'For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.' in 1st Timothy 2:5.

Weird how you stay with this, I'd ask you not to put your trust in some angel, but God in the flesh, Jesus. Anyways, all I can do is tell you about it (and it would be wrong of me not to), it's up to you what you chose do to, we have that free will as people.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the Bible, it's difficult to say, I like Numbers, I also like Judges 6:13, '...where be all his miracles...', even when things were bad, and God had sent an angel of the Lord to encourage Gideon, Jesus is still with us.

I like the Gospel of John, and the Gospel of Luke, this:

Luke 4:18 when Jesus read from the book of Isaiah, 'The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,'

When I got saved I was in a really bad place in life, yet never had been able to cry, when I read that I really felt as though He came for me, to heal me, the brokenhearted, and I couldn't stop crying.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Peter is probably my all time favorite in terms of encouragement, how to handle life suffering, and wisdom.

Gospel of Matthew for the parables.

Gospel of John for its opening and Jesus’ prayer and love in chapter 17.

Ecclesiastes for remembering the shortness of life and the vanity of pursuing worldly things.

Ephesians for the help in understanding and being equipped for spiritual warfare.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
    I think we spoke about that before? The book of enoch isn't part of the Bible, it's full of contradictions, rambling and heresies: It states an angel named name phanuel and the book of enoch states, 'and the fourth (angel) who is set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel.' This is direct heresy in comparison to the Bible which states Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and men, not some angel: 'For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.' in 1st Timothy 2:5.

Weird how you stay with this, I'd ask you not to put your trust in some angel, but God in the flesh, Jesus. Anyways, all I can do is tell you about it (and it would be wrong of me not to), it's up to you what you chose do to, we have that free will as people.
    Sorry.. I actually didn't know the story of book of enoch.. It just sounds unusual and i may look intelligent if i bring this up because not everyone knows it.. But truth is, i just watched the video and it looks cool without really having researching if it's legit or not

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    Sorry.. I actually didn't know the story of book of enoch.. It just sounds unusual and i may look intelligent if i bring this up because not everyone knows it.. But truth is, i just watched the video and it looks cool without really having researching if it's legit or not
    Hey, no probs, just remember,

'For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God.' 1 Corinthians 3:19a.

I could tell you about how some of the smartest, wisest and kindest people are just Mr and Mrs (Miss) ordinary, and the self-imagined wise are so often caught up in their own vanity Hey, 'wise' people used to think leeches cured diseases So, personally, I don't worry too much about appearing or being smart, to anyone never mind self imagined smart people, if they happen to be around. Plenty of guys with ABC's, PHd's burning in hell. Take it easy about stuff like that IMO if I may say, it's all good

Just make sure you're born again (the part that really matters), then live right if and when you can, looking to Jesus, reading your Bible, and taking advice from your elders/Pastor whichever you have, then it's all good.

I just wanted to say, hope that's OK
    Last edited by at sirac son of sirac; 01-26-2018 at 04:53 PM.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted for Isaiah here, but Psalms and Song of Solomon are also at least equal favorites. My favorite book of all time in general of all books religious or not is Solomon's Book of Wisdom which unfortunately has been relegated to the Apocrypha. I love King Solomon and his writings. He was indeed extremely wise. I would love to have him as my guardian angel were it possible.

I am glad I studied the Bible and then read the Qur'an. God's voice is similar / the same as ot and also Zoroastrian text.
    Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 01-19-2019 at 10:18 PM.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You didn't include 2 Maccabees, so just John and Revelation
    "I would rather be ashes than dust"

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12