Thread: Questionnaire Just For Fun

28 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

Default Questionnaire Just For Fun

What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty is an aesthetic thing. It is an aesthetic or perhaps a holistic view of a practice or an event. For example, the sport of swimming could be described as a thing of beauty. Likewise, so could two bison banging horns together out in the wild be a thing of beauty. To me, beauty is full of streamlined shapes and drawn grace. It is also the sounds that radiate from nature and certain music. Sometimes I will write a letter such as a “g” and be totally captivated by how perfectly I drew the hook in the g all by accident. So beauty is a visual and auditory thing as well as seeing life at a theater stage.

Love is simply a feeling that allows you to feel at one with the world. It gives you the power to work hard, to overcome any challenges you face in life. Certain psychological barriers disappear when love is present.

What are your most important values?

My health is an important value of mine and always has been because even when I got depressed in college and even when I was in high school, I refused to smoke or drink any alcohol. As a child, I would look at the elderly or handicapped people and see their difficulties walking, stooping or being confined to a wheelchair and I knew I never wanted to go there. I’ve seen some elderly who still had their health and could still walk like it was no big deal and that gave me hope. I simply didn’t want to suffer. It’s funny because I usually see exercise as suffering so you don’t suffer later. Should I be doing crunches right now?

Another important value of mine is passion. I hold a lot of respect for people that are authentically passionate about something and they go for something even when people tell them it isn’t possible. With that said, I value independence where a person can be loyal to others, but isn’t bound or controlled by others. I don’t try to control other people so they shouldn’t be telling me what to do all of the time at every moment otherwise I might throw a tantrum. That makes me feel worthless.

While I like having passion and being enthusiastic about something. I also value sincerity. It’s kind of to a fault that I’m genuine, but I simply can’t help it. I believe people should say what they mean and be truthful, even if it isn’t as amusing as a lie.

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I don’t worship any deity, but the last thing I am to do is to take the position of a nihilist. Life DOES have meaning and apathy is the enemy. I suppose there is a spiritual drive inside me devoid of any logic and science that simply allows me to keep looking forward.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

I have had long conversations about global and national politics with one of my friends. It’s mostly him voicing his opinions since he’s more educated on the subject, but I like listening to him rant on about them. I give him a little challenge by pointing out exceptions to his statements or when I have in fact read up about what he is talking about, I try to throw in another perspective that might expand upon what might be a limiting viewpoint from his perspective.

I enjoy things that are exhilarating such as riding my mountain bike on trails, sailing, bodysurfing, and downhill skiing. I also enjoy listening to and playing music. Mostly instrumental stuff because I used to find vocals annoying. Plus, I never saw myself being a singer.

Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

Yes! I am focused on my body, but it’s often a struggle figuring out what’s best for my body because I think my heart and mind conflicts with what my body desires sometimes.

What do you think of daily chores?

Unfortunate things to do which will make me happy once I gather up the willpower to go through the suffering and finish them!

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

I usually read a book or article when I want to know about something. I haven’t read a book for a story in ages, but Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand was a frightening, yet amazing story/biography about a WWII POW in Japan.

I watched the most recent Captain America. Recently, I’ve gotten a bit sick of action movies because they always struggle in making certain moves believable. Though in the case of superheroes, it’s easier. I find watching movies of superheroes inspiring. If I ever was my own superhero, I’d probably possess some elements of Captain America such as his shield.

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

There is one thing that really puts me to tears which is when I see two or more people reunite after some long conflict that caused them to be separated. I see this a lot in movies.

As for makes me smile, coming to certain realizations. That moment where something makes TOTAL sense to you! It's sort of relieving and secure-feeling.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

When I prove to myself I can be proud of something and I can relax in a welcoming and comfortable setting that is where I feel at one.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

Different people will think different things about me. Some used to think I was unreliable, reluctant to ask for help when needed, too independent too gullible.

I dislike my own reluctance to serve my future self when my present self does not want to do anything. Being unable to cease an opportunity before its too late is another thing I hate.

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

People always compliment my memory for things that they said and did. I remember names and some faces well, especially over a long period of time. Some people have said that I am high on life. I’ve been told I’m laidback and non-judgemental in person and that it takes a lot for people to get me worked up.

In what areas of your life would you like help?

Having a plan for myself and being reminded to stick with what I believe is important so that I have no regrets later in my life short-term and long-term.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

Yes, just being overwhelmed by stuff that seems mentally daunting. I psyche myself out, convince myself I can’t do it, and walk away until I feel ready.

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

I like people who are up to things in their life and like to keep talking because I don’t like having to keep up conversations all of the time.

I suppose I really dislike people who are really friendly one moment, then totally disinterested and aloof at the next. I had friends before that were two-faced. I suppose I took this personally because I feel like I have some responsibility for people’s emotions.

How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

Both romance and sex seem to be ways of expressing love, affection, and pleasure in its purest and gentle form. I suppose I would want a partner that makes up for my weaknesses and thus putting me at ease.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

I would want the child to grow into an independent and self-driven person that makes good reasonable decisions.

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

I tell he or she I see it differently and I try to understand that person’s viewpoint. Maybe I shouldn’t be holding a certain belief so strongly.

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

I see myself as being outside of society while having commerce with it. I believe I am to forge friendships with people in this society and craftily navigate the order and world under my own guidance.

I think the biggest social problem is people struggling to make ends meet, especially financially. I personally have ethical issues towards having the majority of people’s money earned on their jobs lost to rent and other core expenses like healthcare.

Another problem I dislike is the amount of waste this society produces. Discarded food being one of them.

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

Normally they choose me because I have rarely pursued friendships myself. I used to just conveniently run into people without taking the next step in inviting people.

How do you behave around strangers?

What I really do: I’m hands-off and try not to create a serene, non-threatening appearance.

What I hope to do and to fully answer the previous question: There was one person who once said “Any stranger is a friend I have yet to meet.” I really like that attitude. In fact, I once asked myself, “If I have 24 hours to live and I still had my health, money, and everything else, what would I do?” I’d probably, be very open to every person out there in the most fun and kind way possible. I’d make friends with people that I truly desired to be friends with myself rather than sit and wait for those people and end up with people that don’t matter so much.
    Last edited by HandiAce; 09-28-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Absurd: You Ti dominants sure say things I don't really know where to put.
    labtard: fml
    Absurd: Hah.