She's lucky to have found her SLI dual.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I love my IEE friends. They are so amazing. One of my wonderful friends and I went out last night. We walked and she talked for blocks and then we went and had salmon with mojitos. She graced me with her enigmatic laugh and her unfiltered like talking. She's really a wonderful person. We didn't sit for hours in loud noisy places and we didn't over indulge. We just talked about traveling, as she loves to travel, and Halloween costume watching. She gets me going and interested in doing activities. I love her.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    .. One of my wonderful friends and I went out last night. We walked and she talked for blocks and then we went and had salmon with mojitos. She graced me with her enigmatic laugh and her unfiltered like talking....
    Unfiltered talking you will get from an IEE! But good listening, too...
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Unfiltered talking you will get from an IEE! But good listening, too...
    I wish we could spend time together too
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Haha I totally agree with you on that one. The ones I know are are very much "Look! Shiny!" and they take new interest/hobby/"special" person up every two weeks. And after two weeks of course they are world-class experts in that particular field

But still, I wouldn't call that unintelligent, just "attention span of a fish". I think they're one of the types that seem so bubbly and bouncy that people underastimate them and write them off as ditzy. I actually think they absorb knowledge quicker than most others - I mean they really seem to be good at a lot of very different things. And the quick wit and crazy connections - one cannot be thick to produce all these ideas. But yeah, this sort of superficiality of some ADHD IEE's rubs me the wrong way after a while too (I'm looking at you, my devilishly charming yet flighty IEE ex )

Anyway, still love them and crush on them constantly
    I know this post was made aaages ago but it was nice to read ; I am Fi-IEE and I find myself having to work on being more disciplined and focused, meh . Also, my BESTEST friend and one of my great loves (her ISTj husband calls me her boyfriend) is Fe-EIE. I like you guys very much, too .

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yifflord View Post

David Foster Wallace
    idk, DFW, I think, espouses some alpha value and Fe-Ti harmony. Alpha NT, possibly.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Galen, David Sedaris, Fi-IEE, 6w7-9w1-4w3 sp/sx, is gay but he doesn't come off as a flaming queen, I lurb heeeem,

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inabox View Post
    idk, DFW, I think, espouses some alpha value and Fe-Ti harmony. Alpha NT, possibly.
    I was caught between ILE and IEE for a while too (the themes he covers in his writing made me think Delta and his writing style made me think IEE while his proficiency and preoccupation with philosophy made me think Ti-ego) but I found the forum thread on him fairly convincing in favour of IEE over ILE.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inabox View Post
    My LSI teacher always uses his insights from the "This is water" text (not the speech) for reference as an advice for her students if that is of any help

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    @darya some ADHD IEEs rub even other IEEs the wrong way
    ...and probably those IEEs you crush on - crush on you just the same (there's a certain "pull" towards IEIs I guess)
    I'm reviving extremely old comments here, but I think about this all the time. What frustrates me the most, beyond all other traits of my own typing as IEE, is our "mile wide, inch deep" mentality. This creates problems is a variety of ways:

1.) We are able to do many different things, but we rarely master anything proficiently. This creates issues with me personally that attack my self esteem from a career and creative perspective. Whereas the SLI loves to become skilled in one or two things, I struggle to dig deeper into many of my interests and skill sets. Ex: I love to watch guitar videos on instagram, and yet no matter how much or how hard I practice, I'm extremely unsatisfied with my skill. Constantly. I realize this is much deeper than a typing issue, as Michelangelo even said, "If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all." But it seems especially frustrating as an IEE with so many interests. It's hard to narrow them down and focus proficiency.

2.) We may often express interest in something and make a commitment, then lose interest and fail to fulfill the commitment. Ex: A fellow IEE said she'd come help me with a charity last Saturday, but she never showed up. I'm sure something else just came up that was prioritized in her thinking. I do think much of this is maturity, but it frustrates me to no end when I see other IEEs doing it. I did it often when I was younger, too, but I've made conscious effort to follow through on all my commitments or to practice caution in how I commit to something. I see these things in myself, and it rubs me the wrong way because it's a nitpicking at who I've been in the past and who I want to be now and in the future.

3.) IEEs' broad knowledge / experience may often show up other people in conversation, even unknowingly. Ex: I've traveled all over Europe and Africa and parts of the Middle East. Bringing some of these experiences up may steal the thunder from someone else talking of their travel, even though I just want to share and connect. I hate to think that I'm showing someone up because of my experiences, and thus I've stopped sharing all together in order to prevent that. Travel is just a small example, but IEEs seem to genuinely interested in many things, and I think it has the potential to show up other people as they share. I suppose this comes from our Hidden Agenda. We truly want to drink deeply from all the knowledge we can, to understand, dig in, and explore everything.

I don't know why I'm sharing some of these frustrations. I've been contemplating where IEEs truly add value lately, and I find more often than not that we possess more intangible skills that are difficult to see, value, or appreciate. I do think we are natural bridge-builders when it comes to reconciling people in work and social environments.

I guess I'm just lamenting our often re-routed interests and attentions. We don't do it intentionally.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ne intelligence is a little unorthodox though accurate nonetheless (sometimes in a way that knocks the breath out of you). I don't know if trying to positively flip the negative stereotypes of someone's PoLR is really helpful. IEEs aren't intelligent in exactly the same way LSIs are intelligent. And LSIs can be f*cking stupid in the way that IEEs are effortlessly knowledgeable.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought IEEs were stereotypically super smart (see: the list of famous IEEs), just really flighty and not concrete...

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post
    I thought IEEs were stereotypically super smart (see: the list of famous IEEs), just really flighty and not concrete...
    Yes, we are super smart.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

carrie fisher

"Movies are dreams! And they work on you subliminally. You can play Leia as capable, independent, sensible, a soldier, a fighter, a woman in control – control being, of course, a lesser word than master. But you can portray a woman who's a master and get through all the female prejudice if you have her travel in time, if you add a magical quality, if you're dealing in fairy-tale terms."

"Because I grew up in a public family, I never really had a private life. And so if those issues are going to be public, I would rather them to be public the way I've experienced them rather than someone else assuming things about me. It's freeing to do it. Shame is not something I aspire to."

"Sometimes I’m with a guy and I think, ‘I love this person. This is it.’ But who I love is who I am when I’m with him, and it has almost nothing to do with him. It’s me having an excuse to just do myself one more time, proving once again I’m bright and I’m funny and I’m powerful and that I can. That I still know how to pour blood in their shark pools."

"She wanted so to be tranquil, to be someone who took walks in the late-afternoon sun, listening to the birds and crickets and feeling the whole world breathe. Instead, she lived in her head like a madwoman locked in a tower, hearing the wind howling through her hair and waiting for someone to come and rescue her from feeling things so deeply that her bones burned. She had plenty of evidence that she had a good life. She just couldn’t feel the life she had. It was as though she had cancer of the perspective."

"Oh, go on and cry. You'll pee less."

(she reminds me of @Kim)

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    (she reminds me of @Kim)
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emmym View Post
    Ne intelligence is a little unorthodox though accurate nonetheless (sometimes in a way that knocks the breath out of you). I don't know if trying to positively flip the negative stereotypes of someone's PoLR is really helpful. IEEs aren't intelligent in exactly the same way LSIs are intelligent. And LSIs can be f*cking stupid in the way that IEEs are effortlessly knowledgeable.
    In some ways, I feel miles ahead of most people when it comes to intelligence, but in other ways I feel miles behind of most people when it comes to intelligence. I am not sure if this is an IEE trait or just me or both, but most people tend to come across as more balanced overall IMO.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

R.I.P. Raver
    TIM
    ENFP 7W8
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    In some ways, I feel miles ahead of most people when it comes to intelligence, but in other ways I feel miles behind of most people when it comes to intelligence. I am not sure if this is an IEE trait or just me or both, but most people tend to come across as more balanced overall IMO.
    smartass
    I know I joined a while ago, but I'm really a newbie, so cut me some slack. I know the MBTI?

Check Out My Youtube:
    http://youtube.com/c/learningreadefined

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I've been thinking for awhile that the actress Nicola Walker is an IEE.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Billy Connolly ftw:

“We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best IEE I know is Montaigne. Would have apreciated to know him. He saved me from Nietzsche ^

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kathleen hanna is perhaps ILE
    jodi picoult is maybe also ILE

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trevor noah
    and possibly doctor mike

Some people have types him Si type but where he is being natural (like in the video above) he seems very much infantile type to me, and he is probably Te valuing as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123