Thread: I cannot confirm my type

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I cannot confirm my type

Hello there!

It has been a few weeks now, but I definitely cannot define what my type is. I will hereby describe a bit of myself and enclose a few more data from tests.
    So, I am a very emotional person. My first reaction is being empathic, but I have always a huge part of rationality joining the game; this leads to a conflict with which I have always lived properly. I am underlining here the bipolarity of my personality — first emotional, and then reason catches up. (By the way and for the record, since the age of 12 I frequently stutter; it is not because of a particular condition and appears randomly, sometimes in a face-to-face but rarely while talking in front of a class despite the pressure. Clearly hypersensitive.) In the same topic, I am a very assertive person. I often use my environment unconsciously to react adequately, and never impose my point of view. I receive other people's arguments and –with empathy– reply to them. If the showdown is not worth it, I feel it.
    I am clearly an 'extraverted thinker'. I systematically try to improve a system to ameliorate its efficiency and productivity, and cannot stand someone or myself doing it the wrong way. This leads to real perfectionism.
    Moreover, I often focus on details and superfluous points. According sometimes too much importance to them, like manias. I am not narrow-minded and hear everything, even if it destabilises my 'value system' which forces me to question myself. And yes, I often challenge myself; it is not an issue of self-confidence but surely a part of searching to do it right. Nevertheless, I will not deny the importance of the people's regard on my acting.
    Besides, I need to understand everything of it to catch a concept; if I miss a few things –even unessary– my comprehension will be greatly slowed.
    I am quite far-sighted because I hate being confronted to unexpected issues, I am not very resourceful while stressed. And about this, even if I can spend huge amounts of time alone with my brain, I never come with good pragmatic solutions; brainstorming is not my cup of tea.
    I love knowledge. I am very curious, but my memory is not that good so I am often upset of checking again things already read a few days/weeks ago.
    I think having a quite negative way of thinking; I often remember failures in my life on and on, but I rather see the positive events in other people's life.

I judge my unconscious mind as my enemy because instead of 'helping' me I really feel he only tries to bring new failures in my trophy room. I guess, no matter how it sounds.

So, for additional info check this: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/result/est/44600
    And for reinin dichotomies, I tried to establish mine according to their individual description: farsighted yielding static democratic strategic constructivists positivists decisive serious process declarers.
    Last point, according to my wrists I am ectomorphic!

So in the end, LIE would quite fit me, but the only problem is the total absence of a feeling section — which is very present in my life.

A huge thank you if you read my until now, and I hope my writing was not too bad. :) Enlight me!
    Last edited by Mebius; 09-28-2013 at 03:55 PM.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reinin traits are best used to observe in other people at first. They are very ambiguous when you attempt to type yourself with them.

You likely have feeling as a role function. The role function is an area of fear which represses your main ability. The role function is what is first represented or presented to a stranger. You collect your fears into an artificial but socially acceptable form, and offer it to other people as a mask of your anxieties. The role function represses the program function, which is rational. The role function however does not yield easily, instead, it is best repressed by the suggestive function.

Describe the feeling function that you give to the world at large:

Is it a need to make sure that there are positive relations with other people? Alpha Fi Role Function
    Is it a need to avoid causing moral harm to others and avoid evil doers? Beta Fi Role Function
    It is a need to savor the positive emotions expressed by the group and keep the mood high? Gamma Fe Role Function
    Is it a need to keep everybody in a positive mood, because there is a lot of hard work to do? Delta Fe Role Function.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mebius View Post
    So, I am a very emotional person.

So in the end, LIE would quite fit me, but the only problem is the total absence of a feeling section — which is very present in my life.
    Okay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not a 100% sure, but I think it is a Fi. Stuttering was a great deal with my social relationships, so a lot has been altered...
    Last edited by Mebius; 09-22-2013 at 05:17 PM.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you really desire for people demonstrate sincere interest in your thoughts? That would be alpha Fe suggestive.

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And concerning your older post, it would be: Alpha Fi Role Function
    Hum, not really. I do not care whether I share the same ideas with somebody else or not. Except if they 'attack' me, I will defend mine at all costs.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is obstinacy, (see Reinin is hard to figure out at first. You have yourself as yielding.)

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Maritsa will surely be able to help you with confirming your type. She has a lot of experience of confirming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am more a “If I know I can't do something, I won't and will forget all about it" guy... I will care only if they attack me stupidly.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am more a “If I know I can't do something, I won't and will forget all about it" guy...
    No you're not (you can't confirm your type)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

(By the way and for the record, since the age of 12 I frequently stutter; it is not because of a particular condition and appears randomly, sometimes in a face-to-face but rarely while talking in front of a class despite the pressure. Clearly hypersensitive.)
    Were you injured in any way at that age? Some head trauma, spinal injury, take some really strong drugs (okay, not an injury, but still a potential factor), or anything like that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, no my stammer is not ill-related. It is a psychological issue but I have not managed to cure it yet, even though I had long speech-language therapy (we call it orthophony in France, not sure how we call it in english) and underwent hypnotherapy.
    Last edited by Mebius; 09-22-2013 at 08:57 PM.