View Poll Results: Are short people more likely to hold grudges than tall people?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 27.27%
  • No

4 36.36%
  • This is not black & white, William.

2 18.18%
  • Mt Dew this is completely offtopic but i still think your ESE and i smell my own farts

1 9.09%
  • Cats? Did you mention cats in the OP? When can I masturbate on them?

0 0%
  • I have, like, no opinion, man. I just hope, like, pot can be legalized, ya know?

1 9.09%

Thread: Are short people more likely to hold grudges?

Creepy-theticalanti

Default .

Last edited by theticalanti; 06-18-2016 at 03:33 PM.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who knows, I tend to not notice the shorties
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Who knows, I tend to not notice the shorties
    Ouch. I am short and I do hold grudges.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.quora.com/Psychology/Is-t...nd-personality

"Physical height was correlated with the 16 PF. Height was significantly related to suspiciousness for both sexes, and to dominance and independency for males."

In my experience, I think the extremities (short AND tall people) are less likely to hold grudges and the people in the middle are more likely to hold them. Nothing is set in stone, though

Absurd: You Ti dominants sure say things I don't really know where to put.
    labtard: fml
    Absurd: Hah.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

are short humans more dependant on other humans for survival? is grudge holding really beneficial to receiving help?

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. I can get a lot done by myself, dang it.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I've noticed that shorter males seem to be slightly more aggressive than average-tall males. Nothing much beyond that, though.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Are short people more likely to hold grudges than tall people?

Or have I just gone completely batshit insane? This feels weird but I'll share my thought process:

I was noticing how people were joking that dogs rarely hold grudges like cats do. Cats seem to more commonly express dislike towards certain persons or give them the cold, furry shoulder. Ok, I'm joking about 'cold, furry shoulder', but anyway:

Then I was wondering, why is this? Could it have been some evolved evolutionary advantage? Perhaps cats, being smaller & weaker, are more dependent on others treating them right for their survival. So, because of their size, they've evolved the sense to develop certain relationships of give & take.

Then I thought, is this the same with people?

And the more I thought about it, the taller people I know don't seem to hold grudges really or seem as bothered as shorter people. It seems shorter people are more offended if someone violates their sense of identity, opposes them, or gives them a hard time. Short people with a Napoleon complex seem like they're often out to 'prove' some mortal enemy wrong. Could it be, because of a smaller size, shorter people are somewhat less confident in their ability to handle themselves, or even fend for themselves if a fight breaks out?

Also, I've thought about this within the same gender - short men versus tall men, and short women versus tall women, and I think the pattern exists there. But in addition, this could be seen as men versus women too - aren't women more likely to hold grudges than men? Men will yell and get everything out short-term but will long-term brush things off or not care. Could women, being smaller on average, have evolved the ability to hold grudges and develop relationships in order to make sure they are treated fairly for their survival?

Thoughts/comments?
    You're trying too hard with this one.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am short. (Five feet, five inches) and I do not bear grudges. I do need to make sure that I give people what they deserve. If they are jerks, they need to be taken care of. Overall I would say that I can be forgiving if the slight is of no consequence. I completely outclass and destroy all rivals when the slight is more severe.

I also can be very aggressive if needed. Mostly I try to be charismatic, powerful, social ....

Once you cross the line, you are my enemy. I will work against you. I will tend to look for permanent solutions...

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think that taller males have a type of advantage in certain social aspects.

But is that the cause of shorter male aggression? No. I think that short guys like me could be aggressive in general because all our organs are the same size as a taller male, so we can have a lot of testosterone per cubic inch???? (idk)

Also our hearts lungs and other tools are the same size - giving us a higher power to weight ratio = agility quickness and so on. Look at Mexicans for Christ sake, they are some stocky fuckers. Mexicans have big balls. Now hear this, there are NO tall Mexicans, so they are not trying to prove anything. They are all short. They are all tough guys. They are boxers and aggressive soccer nuts.

A condom company did an international penis size survey and Mexicans had the biggest dongs of any nation. A five foot five Mexican is kind of tall... and well hung... bigger than a six foot American.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy Day

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe shorter folks just haven't reached the peak of maturity yet.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    I was noticing how people were joking that dogs rarely hold grudges like cats do. Cats seem to more commonly express dislike towards certain persons or give them the cold, furry shoulder. Ok, I'm joking about 'cold, furry shoulder', but anyway:

Then I was wondering, why is this? Could it have been some evolved evolutionary advantage? Perhaps cats, being smaller & weaker, are more dependent on others treating them right for their survival. So, because of their size, they've evolved the sense to develop certain relationships of give & take.
    Why have you chosen to base this on their relative sizes? There are many other differences between cats and dogs. For instance, cats are more carnivorous than dogs, while in human population men consume more meat than women. You could have easily related holding grudges to gender differences.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm short. i have a napoleon complex. nah, j/k i'm chill.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Midgets do.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really think this makes any sense. Why?

Because you could "Popperianly" argue that short people could also be less likely to hold grudges, since they may evolutionarly depend more on others to provide food for them, and thus will have to be more agreeable. (which is what lungs was arguing, I believe)

Of course, someone will come and argue that short people already have an inbuilt mechanism to prevent this problem, namely that they need less calories to function, and thus less food.

In general, I don't understand how being less agreeable will lead to less fights.

Someone may also argue that there's a relationship between being short and the endocrinal configuration which makes people aggressive (I don't believe it's true, but that's as good as your hypothesis).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, midgets have inbuilt grudge mechanism. Agree.

The one I knew was a watchmaker and got pissed after some people sat him on some wall after drinking with them and he couldn't get down. Instant grudge...

Like a cat, although I didn't stay that long to see whether firemen came to his rescue.
    Last edited by Absurd; 09-17-2013 at 11:51 AM.