Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Updating typing to EIE-Fe. After re-watching trek into darkness I've noticed he has a lot of similar kind of mimicry and expressions going on as Christopher Walken (EIE), however, seems to have less Ni than Walken and is likely the Fe subtype. He does seem kind of warmer and friskier than the Ni EIEs.

full typing - EIE-Fe sx/so 3w4

he does sound not mindful of Te in this interview, often driven by sheer personal emotional enthusiasm, which was mentioned in the EIE profile: "B.C. - But increasingly, I view it as the thing that I'm actually paid for. Because I do love my job. Don't tell any producer this, but I'd almost do it for free, I love it so much."

Last edited by silke; 09-28-2016 at 10:34 PM. Reason: updated

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

maybe. He did a very large amount of contextualising to the point where it sidetracked the conversation.

He seemed to have something aristocratic going on.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was originally thinking LSI or LII but I dont know.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny this got brought up when it did, I just recently watched the movie and I was trying to type him the entire time. I'm quite unsure of my thoughts on Khan's type, but I wanted to think LSI by the end of the movie.
    I am not covered in thorns
    nor am I covered in mold

https://soundcloud.com/#latitudes-official/latitudes-antechamber

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Wow, maybe I'm not so off after all. I was gonna throw in LII too but I thought for sure I was gonna get shot down on that one. And I swear I was in the middle of posting before you threw that out there lol
    nor am I covered in mold

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

are you typing the Star Trek character or the actor who plays it? it's confusing since you titled the thread as Benedict Cumberbitch but then wrote "Khan?"

the actors don't necessarily enact the characters that are representative of their own sociotype, their movie replicas are scripts that were written by somebody other than them, so it's better to evaluate them separately without mixing them up with their roles

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    are you typing the Star Trek character or the actor who plays it? it's confusing since you titled the thread as Benedict Cumberbitch but then wrote "Khan?"

the actors don't necessarily enact the characters that are representative of their own sociotype, their movie replicas are scripts that were written by somebody other than them, so it's better to evaluate them separately without mixing them up with their roles
    It was LII for me at first when he was just kinda being who he is as an actor, and then LSI when he was portraying Khan more.
    nor am I covered in mold

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i agree with this.

i do think at times, even though a character may have originally been written to be a certain way, the type of the actor can "bleed" into the character they are portraying, maybe even enough to change the original "type" of the character.

i'm noticing this with the show Game of Thrones and the novel series A Song of Ice and Fire, for example. i've watched the show, and am in the middle of reading books, and now i'm seeing that the types of the characters in the book and and the show aren't always necessarily consistent (not to say this is necessarily a bad thing; i like both the show and the books.) i think at least some of it has to do with the actors' own types coloring their portrayal of the character they are playing.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glammmmyyyyy.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Looks SLe
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-23-2014 at 04:18 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EllllllllllLLLLLeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! <3

Dunno. The guy plays khan like a fucking plank of wood. Apparently the genetic modifications included retarded facial muscles.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naw I'm going for the actor.

Though I am a believer that acting is more a part of who you are than most people think.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idunno but my friend looks exactly like him. Still no idea what he is. I wonder if he's LSI. He's got a michael hogan thing going on in the third picture.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'll go with LSI based on the interview.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    i agree with this.

i do think at times, even though a character may have originally been written to be a certain way, the type of the actor can "bleed" into the character they are portraying, maybe even enough to change the original "type" of the character.

i'm noticing this with the show Game of Thrones and the novel series A Song of Ice and Fire, for example. i've watched the show, and am in the middle of reading books, and now i'm seeing that the types of the characters in the book and and the show aren't always necessarily consistent (not to say this is necessarily a bad thing; i like both the show and the books.) i think at least some of it has to do with the actors' own types coloring their portrayal of the character they are playing.
    My latest surface typing on the show characters....Bron=ISTP http://www.socioniko.net/en/1.1.types/sp.html I think in that context it makes Tyrion ILE seem best, chance of IEE I suppose.

And god damn if the Red Woman doesn't make sense to me as IEE She just looks so much like Cher dammit. Which makes conflict with LSI Stannis. Meh. Well now you see my dilemna with show/book typings mixing a bit. I mean if Stannis is ISTJ then ISTP isn't horrible typing...
    Last edited by jughead; 09-20-2013 at 06:42 AM.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI/LII/ILI mebbe. doesn't jive as an LSI to me, then again I type people LSI based on how quickly I fall in love with them.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some weird IXTx is all I get. Seems Sp/So though?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    My latest surface typing on the show characters....Bron=ISTP http://www.socioniko.net/en/1.1.types/sp.html I think in that context it makes Tyrion ILE seem best, chance of IEE I suppose.

And god damn if the Red Woman doesn't make sense to me as IEE She just looks so much like Cher dammit. Which makes conflict with LSI Stannis. Meh. Well now you see my dilemna with show/book typings mixing a bit. I mean if Stannis is ISTJ then ISTP isn't horrible typing...
    lol @ the Red Woman looking like Cher, now i'm going to think that every time she's on screen

but yeah on typings: i agree with show Bronn as delta ST. i had thought LSE, but SLI is good too when i think about it.

i'm not sure about show Tyrion, though ENXx seems clear. i think the actor playing him could be Rational, but book Tyrion seems more Irrational - improvising and flying-by-his-ass when he gets into trouble, etc. and his brand of craftiness and insightful character goes along well with your IXE typing.

haven't gotten far enough in the books yet to really read Stannis and Melisandre, but in the show i think they're LSI and EIE.

i have spoiled a lot for myself reading the book series wiki http://awoiaf.westeros.org/

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

benedict cumbersnatch?
    benedick uberbitch "khunt"

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Some weird IXTx is all I get. Seems Sp/So though?
    I'd go with something like 3w4 sx-so because it's Gilly

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    EllllllllllLLLLLeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! <3

Dunno. The guy plays khan like a fucking plank of wood. Apparently the genetic modifications included retarded facial muscles.
    This made me lol.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sherlock - Benedict Cumberbatch

What type do you think he is?

(I tried to attach some pics but had no luck with the urls of any of them).

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Didn't we already have a thread on him? I say LSI.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

honestly i have no clue...he's so emotional on the set
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just started watching this show and I'm hooked. Keeping in mind the original Holmes is the prototype for an ESTj/LSE it would be reasonable to have Sherlock as an ESTj as well. However... it's a new show and not quite the same Sherlock. A quick persual of the last thread has him as ENFj or ISTj

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The actor or the actor's version of the character?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    What type do you think he is?

(I tried to attach some pics but had no luck with the urls of any of them).
    looks SLI ISTp what do you think?
    -

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    looks SLI ISTp what do you think?
    Hi Maritsa. I don't think SLI because he doe not remind me in any way of the SLI guys I know.

I am thinking SLE, and that's only because my SLE son says he gets told a LOT that he is a dead-ringer. I would not say that, bu, looking at the young Benedict pics, when his hair is lighter and face more youthful, there is some remarkable resemblance sometimes; the eyes, the shape of the face and facial proportions, the whole head, even the profile, the look. Not a twin, but they do look like the same family! My son is a mix between his Dad and I, and his Dad's features and mine are so different that my son is his own unique look... He has many of his Dads fuller features and some say my eyes, even though they are different. But all his working out for wrestling, his muscles increased and fat down, his face is getting a more mature look now (at 17). Also watching the show, I could see some character sameness, a little. So I wondered....

(If anyone could post pics on this thread, I would appreciate it).

honestly i have no clue...he's so emotional on the set
    Yet he seemed UN-emotional to me, as my son often seems to me, or at least he keeps his emotions private to himself. Unless he is mad. Doesn't mind showing that. .

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi Maritsa. I don't think SLI because he doe not remind me in any way of the SLI guys I know.

I am thinking SLE, and that's only because my SLE son says he gets told a LOT that he is a dead-ringer. I would not say that, bu, looking at the young Benedict pics, when his hair is lighter and face more youthful, there is some remarkable resemblance sometimes; the eyes, the shape of the face and facial proportions, the whole head, even the profile, the look. Not a twin, but they do look like the same family! My son is a mix between his Dad and I, and his Dad's features and mine are so different that my son is his own unique look... He has many of his Dads fuller features and some say my eyes, even though they are different. But all his working out for wrestling, his muscles increased and fat down, his face is getting a more mature look now (at 17). Also watching the show, I could see some character sameness, a little. So I wondered....

(If anyone could post pics on this thread, I would appreciate it).
    yeah I would say SLE and final at that.
    -

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of people are saying "J" type but as far as his character in Sherlock, I see P because his mind is so expansively everywhere and flexibly responding to the situation. Also his room with all those ideas posted all over the wall looks P to me. It doesn't seem a disciplined orderly type of profession he is in that an ISTJ, i.e., I would think would prefer. I was thinking ST because it seem that temperment woudl suit the profession. ESTj and ESTp seem likely to me.

So I am curious about thoughts for his real type and his character type, whatever thoughts on either people have.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say ESI

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

A lot of people are saying "J" type but as far as his character in Sherlock, I see P because his mind is so expansively everywhere and flexibly responding to the situation. Also his room with all those ideas posted all over the wall looks P to me. It doesn't seem a disciplined orderly type of profession he is in that an ISTJ, i.e., I would think would prefer. I was thinking ST because it seem that temperment woudl suit the profession. ESTj and ESTp seem likely to me.

So I am curious about thoughts for his real type and his character type, whatever thoughts on either people have.
    character may be J not the actor...the last sherlock was IStj actor playing an extraverted role...you could see that unlike sherlock who has a very tense and determined look this actor's gaze was relaxed
    -

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

character may be J not the actor...the last sherlock was IStj actor playing an extraverted role...you could see that unlike sherlock who has a very tense and determined look this actor's gaze was relaxed
    He appears very ESI

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes Bloem View Post
    He appears very ESI
    don't see rationality
    -

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't see rationality
    how exactly does one "see rationality" and why should I believe you?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

how exactly does one "see rationality" and why should I believe you?
    i wrote the book on socionics have been here since 2009 and have over 16k posts
    -

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wrote the book on socionics have been here since 2009 and have over 16k posts
    that's great and all, but you didn't answer my first question. by the way, your post is pure plus-Fe.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

that's great and all, but you didn't answer my first question. by the way, your post is pure plus-Fe.
    ok you got everyone's type and mine i am Johannes ESE type. oh and I will no longer engage with you and pls stop sending me pms
    -

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok you got everyone's type and mine i am Johannes ESE type. oh and I will no longer engage with you and pls stop sending me pms
    boooooo

sadface

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast