TIM
    INFp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Please help me to determine my type

Hello!
    I’ve known about Socionics for about a year now and all this time I’ve thought I am Si-ISFp, but since the beginning of this schoolyear, I have been seriously doubting this. I don’t know if this counts as a valid argument, but I am so different from my Fe-ISFp friend (I am sure she is Fe-ISFp, the type and function descriptions fit her so well it’s almost scary) who is my deskmate in almost every lesson. For instance, when solving a math problem, she always needs to understand everything very thouroughy while I, when I don’t understand why you need to solve something in a certain way, just do it as the formula says and don’t care why it is the way it is. I usually understand how you get these formulas though, but I suck at explaining it to her. Also, when we go shopping (I don’t really like shopping), she buys stuff that she likes right away, not really caring about the price. Whereas for me it takes a lot of time, because I look at the thing, think for a while, isn’t it too expensive, is it worth the price, what will I wear it with etc. I can’t really decide what to buy. So I usually don’t buy anything, and when I do, then later I am still not certain. I usually wear dark clothes, the colors I actually like are soft pastel colors, but I feel that they don’t fit me, because my appearance is quite gloomy. The first impression people get from me usually is that I am quiet, I like to be alone and some people even find me scary at first. Then they are always very surprised, because I am actually a very positive and happy person. I don’t really put a lot of effort in how I look, I am not interested in clothes and make-up. Maybe people would think better of me if I did, but I think that people who only judge me because of how I look aren’t even worth talking to.
    When I go to my friend’s place, we almost always cook. I don’t mind cooking, but it’s not something I would like to do every day, because for me, it’s too tiring. She looks at a recipe once to see what ingredients are used, but she doesn’t really measure anything. When I put one carefully measured ingredient in, I rush to the recipe to see the amount of another ingredient. I follow the recipe very carefully. I like to watch cooking videos though. To me, it’s exciting to see the ingredients and how they turn into food. With books, too, I usually read the beginning, then the ending, and then the middle part, which I find the most interesting. I am more interested in the process, how things turned out the way they did.
    A lot of my-aged (actually, almost all of them) people drink and smoke (I am 16), but I have never done these things. It’s because I don’t want to and I find it stupid to do something just to fit in. I’m afraid of the health problems they may cause and I’m afraid I’ll get addicted.
    My ISFp friend can lay in bed all day doing nothing, but I just can’t. I hate it when my day is unproductive. I used to make write day plans when I was smaller and I was really sad when I didn’t follow them. Now I still make plans but I almost never follow them.
    I don't understand, why does everybody like travelling so much. Of course, it's exciting and all, but I don't really find it THAT interesting. Also, what is the point in vacation, where you just lay on the beach?
    I have always been one of the top students in my class. It’s not that I really want to be the best, but I want to do MY best at everything and it also includes studying. I am probably going to be a genetic scientist in the future, but my ideal job and field that really interests me is psychology. But if I’ll learn psychology, I’ll have to go work abroad. Plus, everybody expects me to become a genetic scientist, and I feel like I shouldn’t let them down.
    Sorry about the grammar mistakes, I’m not a native speaker

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You are not a P type. You're a rational type a "j" If I were to guess off hand I would say you're closer to an INFj

You're inability to explain something in terms of a "system" (which would be a logical formula) seems to be characteristic of an EII.

Can you please look at the mirror and describe your face and your body to me as well as your posture?

LOL the point of a vacation where a person just lays at the beach is so that they may RELAX and may get you to do the same...the general inactivity of the body causes one to return to the mind and one's own internal sensations...for example the sun will creating a warm and cozy feeling on the skin to an Si valuing types like SEI, ESE, LSE, and SLI and that feeling is holistic.

Your forward thinking nature, about not getting addicted to things and also about your future career goals are related to farsighted type rather than carefree, which is what your friend is.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    INFp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    You are not a P type. You're a rational type a "j" If I were to guess off hand I would say you're closer to an INFj

You're inability to explain something in terms of a "system" (which would be a logical formula) seems to be characteristic of an EII.

Can you please look at the mirror and describe your face and your body to me as well as your posture?

LOL the point of a vacation where a person just lays at the beach is so that they may RELAX and may get you to do the same...the general inactivity of the body causes one to return to the mind and one's own internal sensations...for example the sun will creating a warm and cozy feeling on the skin to an Si valuing types like SEI, ESE, LSE, and SLI and that feeling is holistic.

Your forward thinking nature, about not getting addicted to things and also about your future career goals are related to farsighted type rather than carefree, which is what your friend is.
    Hello, thank you for answering.
    The reason why I thought I’m an ISFp in the first place was because when I speak to people, I smile often, but I read from somewhere that INFjs have a very emotionless face. Also, I like eating. Whenever I feel I’m hungry, I have to eat something. I don’t really notice my other needs that much though. I like drawing. I like to sing, too, but not in front of someone. Lately I’ve become quite lazy... I procrastinate a lot, but before I never used to. This all made me think I am ISFp.
    My face is a bit round, I have very pale skin. My eyes are quite big. I have long dark hair. My posture is slightly stooped when I stand up, but when I sit, it's a lot worse. My mom always tells me, that my shoulders are really slanted forward. I am on the thinner side, but I’m not extremely thin. I’m shorter than average. I have a very small bone frame. This ISFp friend of mine told me once, that she is afraid to hug me tightly, because she is afraid I’ll fall apart. According to her words, I look very fragile. Almost everybody I meet and who doesn’t know my age thinks I am younger than my 13-year old sister. Do you want a picture?
    Last edited by Sparkle; 09-14-2013 at 05:02 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
    The reason why I thought I’m an ISFp in the first place was because when I speak to people, I smile often, but I read from somewhere that INFjs have a very emotionless face. Also, I like eating. Whenever I feel I’m hungry, I have to eat something. I don’t really notice my other needs that much though. I like drawing. I like to sing, too, but not in front of someone. Lately I’ve become quite lazy... I procrastinate a lot, but before I never used to. This all made me think I am ISFp.
    My face is a bit round, I have very pale skin. My eyes are quite big. I have long dark hair. My posture is slightly stooped when I stand up, but when I sit, it's a lot worse. My mom always tells me, that my shoulders are really slanted forward. I am on the thinner side, but I’m not extremely thin. I’m shorter than average. I have a very small bone frame. This ISFp friend of mine told me once, that she is afraid to hug me tightly, because she is afraid I’ll fall apart. According to her words, I look very fragile. Almost everybody I meet and who doesn’t know my age thinks I am younger than my 13-year old sister. Do you want a picture?
    Yes, I would love a picture; thank you.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    INFp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I would love a picture; thank you.
    What pictures would you need? From what angles?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Send her naked ones.

TIM
    INFp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Send her naked ones.
    No.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No.
    Alright...

Stick around and shall be revealed.

Oh and lying in bed doesn't necessarily mean one is lazy - you can jog all day and be lazy.
    Last edited by Absurd; 09-15-2013 at 11:08 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What pictures would you need? From what angles?
    face forward and not too close
    -

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're ESI or EII. Did you consider a logical type?

TIM
    INFp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post
    I think you're ESI or EII. Did you consider a logical type?
    Hello, thank you for answering. I have always thought I am an ethical type.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yup SEI is pretty solid.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yup SEI and confirm.

I smile pretty rarely and even when asked I slide by with a half smile most of the time; the only time I laugh really is when my ESE sister starts to make fun of things. I would describe myself as reserved and melancholic.
    -

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Maritsa;971974]Yup SEI and confirm.

I smile pretty rarely and even when asked I slide by with a half smile most of the time; the only time I laugh really is when my ESE sister starts to make fun of things. I would describe myself as reserved and melancholic.[/QUOTE

Don't you think the evidence is to small?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Please Help Type Me

Hello, I was wondering if anyone on this thread could help me determine my sociotype. I have thought about this for quite some time and I believe I have narrowed down the possibilities to two different sociotypes. However, I still have some doubts. I do not want to present bias by saying what type I think i may be, so I'll just give as much information about myself as possible.

To start with, I am 17-year old male. I have always loved learning new things, and any bit of information i think is interesting I share with my friends and family to surprise them and prompt interesting discussions. I prefer not to engage in small talk; it is unbearable for me. When i was younger I used to dream up fantasy worlds in my head and would always want to put into words the environments and characters I thought about, but I never got it. Now I rarely fantasize like this; I have less time and it seems like I am more distracted now. I have many interests: history, biology, literature, and most of all language, especially Italian; I'm very good at it as well. These are my favorite things to study, but I really want to pursue other more physical activities. I might want to start creating art or create a garden. (I know this isn't exactly manly haha!) Some of my thought processes: I like to determine the theme and symbolism in a novel; I do it excessively. Even in real life, I enthusiastically connect bits of information I have found which seem related in some way, although sometimes I get carried away and say something totally stupid. i think about some things, mainly abstract theoretical systems by myself for hours, constantly forcing myself to realize different possibilities or where I might have made a mistake in believing something. (Especially in Socionics, my favorite area of study!) I drive myself insane with thinking sometimes; if it were more disruptive, I think I might develop schizophrenia because its like I'm arguing with myself most of the time! My memory is also terrible, and I have gotten into awkward situations when i forget that I've just seen my friends a while ago and ask them where they've been in the same day! I tend to be uncomfortable initiating conversations and smile ALL the time when talking to someone, probably out of nervousness. Physical displays of affection towards me are difficult for me to handle: I cannot tell if one of my female friends likes me or is just being nice...although she hugs many people. I am very inattentive to my surroundings, and forget what i'ma doing often.

Some of my behaviors:
    Staying on the computer for hours doing research
    I do not initiate fun social situations, but try to keep a good mood going with jokes and laughter, although I come off as annoying sometimes.
    I can sit in one space without moving for a long time, and my silence and passiveness makes people look at me as though I am some strange new animal, haha!
    Whenever someone makes a judgment about someone else, I almost impulsively explain my views on why they act the way the y do or say certain things.; i keep others from forming negative opinions about others (unless I can decisively say that it is true of the person, which is rare.
    My perception of people changes in every new situation they appear with me. if I think they acted poorly , I will view them that way. If they are friendly and show intelligence in conversation, i will see them that way for the time being.
    I cannot adhere to a routine schedule (like working out; something more manly!)
    I forget to eat if I am absorbed in thought.
    if anyone tries to rush me or gives me a demand in an angry tone, I will react with the same emotion and refuse to do it, or figure out a way to put it off until i want to do it.
    I sometimes don't know if others are joking, and I may say something inappropriate at the time or will be deeply hurt for a short time if I am made fun of.
    I like privacy and sometimes snap aggressively if someone barges in while I'm doing something.
    I often overdo projects and assignments
    If not given explicit directions, I will probably screw up any task I am given.

Notes on physical appearance:
    I am very skinny, and have very flexible extremities. I try to move fluidly and will even bend around people rather then wait to let them pass. I have a very triangular chin and square jaw, and the rest of my face is very thin. My eyes seem a bit larger than normal though, and the skin above my eyelids are hooded (excess skin folds down close to the eye) My nose is rather large and extends from my face at an angle, not straight down.

I hope that this is enough useful information, if not, tell me and I will add more. Please tell me the type you think I am, or other possible types I may fit. Thank you.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having a hard time finding your type might mean that you have a ignoring Ni, and value Ti over Te.
    ILE maybe?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Daft21;971977]
    Yup SEI and confirm.

I smile pretty rarely and even when asked I slide by with a half smile most of the time; the only time I laugh really is when my ESE sister starts to make fun of things. I would describe myself as reserved and melancholic.[/QUOTE

Don't you think the evidence is to small?
    The evidence for what?
    -

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Often smiling =/= SEI in her case. Of course she could be SEI but she sounds very rational in her OP. Regarding the OP there's no hint that she's an ethical type and not a logical. LII?