Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Te: business, finance, and personal spending

  1. #1
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Te: business, finance, and personal spending

    discuss
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  2. #2
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    If that's everything is, then is extremely fucking boring.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  3. #3
    Creepy-Morality_Enforcer

    Default

    The *easiest* way to succeed in business is to have no morals. :wink:

  4. #4
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality_Enforcer
    The *easiest* way to succeed in business is to have no morals. :wink:
    I think this depends from the environment you are working in. In an environment with high moral standards a person with no morals is going to get oneself in trouble eventually. In environment with low or no moral standards a person with high morals is going nowhere.

  5. #5
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    eh

    I guess I should have offered more of a context. I am not trying to discuss all there is to Te, the topic is about how the afforementioned things relate to Te.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    A couple people mentioned that it is unlikely that a Te type would spend money recklessly...

    The Guardian... helps his partner by accomplishing all undertakings, taking care of details and sparing material resources. Without such assistance The Enterpriser can be too extravagant, reckless and neglectful of his responsibilities...
    Just because someone has business sense doesn't mean he's good at sticking to a personal budget. Te types may be good at understanding financial matters, but that does not mean that an ENTj won't make mistakes like spending too much on brand name clothes, etc. particularly when they're just starting out on their own for the first time. I've learned not to acquire any consumer debt, to only borrow money to make money, but at 19 I was more concerned with lifestyle.

    This is NOT a type thread about me, so I'll leave it at that... if you want to argue my type, do it in one of my type threads, and if you want to argue what I've said, do it here. http://the16types.no-ip.info/forums/...pic.php?t=5151

    Does anyone have anything to say about ESTjs?
    this is from my thread about ESTjs in Delta
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  6. #6
    Creepy-Morality_Enforcer

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by Morality_Enforcer
    The *easiest* way to succeed in business is to have no morals. :wink:
    I think this depends from the environment you are working in. In an environment with high moral standards a person with no morals is going to get oneself in trouble eventually. In environment with low or no moral standards a person with high morals is going nowhere.
    True, but you can still succeed in the moral-based environment using loopholes and secrecy.

  7. #7
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality_Enforcer
    The *easiest* way to succeed in business is to have no morals. :wink:
    I totally disagree. IMO, the best way to make money is to solve problems. Give people what they want. Find a need and fill it. For me, anything else is selling out. I think I'm going to head over to anything goes and start a thread about selling out.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  8. #8
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality_Enforcer
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by Morality_Enforcer
    The *easiest* way to succeed in business is to have no morals. :wink:
    I think this depends from the environment you are working in. In an environment with high moral standards a person with no morals is going to get oneself in trouble eventually. In environment with low or no moral standards a person with high morals is going nowhere.
    True, but you can still succeed in the moral-based environment using loopholes and secrecy.
    Well basically yeah. But if your morals are clearly lower than what is expected then you end up like this guy:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Lay
    i.e. you will get into trouble eventually.

  9. #9
    Creepy-Morality_Enforcer

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Morality_Enforcer
    The *easiest* way to succeed in business is to have no morals. :wink:
    I totally disagree. IMO, the best way to make money is to solve problems. Give people what they want. Find a need and fill it. For me, anything else is selling out. I think I'm going to head over to anything goes and start a thread about selling out.
    Sounds like supply and demand. Lack of morals is not a requirement, but it does speed up the process.

  10. #10
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality_Enforcer
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Morality_Enforcer
    The *easiest* way to succeed in business is to have no morals. :wink:
    I totally disagree. IMO, the best way to make money is to solve problems. Give people what they want. Find a need and fill it. For me, anything else is selling out. I think I'm going to head over to anything goes and start a thread about selling out.
    Sounds like supply and demand. Lack of morals is not a requirement, but it does speed up the process.
    Perhaps lack of morals could be seen as a game of gamble. You take a higher risk than those who go have "normal" morals. Risk and reward go hand in hand so in the end you can get higher income or get the income faster but you have an increased risk of getting busted. So the claim is like saying it is easier to make money in a casino than by starting a new business. Perhaps yeah. But it is also easier to lose it. This depends a bit on the person in question though.

  11. #11
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't see immoral business practices as an issue of risk and reward. I see it as selling out. http://the16types.no-ip.info/forums/...pic.php?t=5152
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  12. #12
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I don't see immoral business practices as an issue of risk and reward. I see it as selling out. http://the16types.no-ip.info/forums/...pic.php?t=5152
    Ok. Ethically speaking it might be selling out. But for the sake of argument it can be looked also from the point of view of risk and reward or just gambling.

  13. #13
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol you're ENFj
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  14. #14
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    lol you're ENFj
    I don't know!!!

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,969
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think it's a mistake to define functions in terms of one or more possible applications of those functions. The tendency to do that is, I think, one of the primary things that causes confusion in Socionics.

    When you identify Te with business, personal finance, etc., you leave open the question of what it is, how it helps with those things, and whatever other things you can apply it to.

    Also, by identifying any function with a specific goal, you ignore the fact that other functions may be used to handle that goal too. I'm sure there are ESTps who are good at personal finance...but they just handle it differently (in terms of mental mechanisms) than a Te person would.

  16. #16
    pezzonovante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    196
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A person of any type could take good care of their money but is the optimum method for doing so. For instance I can use my to get a sense of how a person feels about something but it is definately inferior to someone who would use .

  17. #17
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    eh

    I guess I should have offered more of a context. I am not trying to discuss all there is to Te, the topic is about how the afforementioned things relate to Te.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    A couple people mentioned that it is unlikely that a Te type would spend money recklessly...

    The Guardian... helps his partner by accomplishing all undertakings, taking care of details and sparing material resources. Without such assistance The Enterpriser can be too extravagant, reckless and neglectful of his responsibilities...
    Just because someone has business sense doesn't mean he's good at sticking to a personal budget. Te types may be good at understanding financial matters, but that does not mean that an ENTj won't make mistakes like spending too much on brand name clothes, etc. particularly when they're just starting out on their own for the first time. I've learned not to acquire any consumer debt, to only borrow money to make money, but at 19 I was more concerned with lifestyle.

    This is NOT a type thread about me, so I'll leave it at that... if you want to argue my type, do it in one of my type threads, and if you want to argue what I've said, do it here. http://the16types.no-ip.info/forums/...pic.php?t=5151

    Does anyone have anything to say about ESTjs?
    this is from my thread about ESTjs in Delta
    Sounds like an astrology profile. "Good looking, but very shy. Indipendant, but insecure. Long penis, but impotent. Nice hair, but balding". You do the math.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •