Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 61

Thread: How to interpret ESTj's signals and behavior

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default How to interpret ESTj's signals and behavior

    Hi LSEs,

    Right, if an (opposite gender) LSE (irrational subtype, most likely) seems to be

    1. in no hurry to end conversations whenever he chats with you (and apparently preferentially so), to the extent of often running late for something else (work-related that sometimes seems that it might have repercussions to miss - some kind of extra work, at any rate), which he might mention but still with no indication of hurry or sometimes even expressing comfort to miss it (this confuses me because he then seems reluctant when i offer the logical thing of ceasing the conversation, in case he was hinting he needs to go - and we'd still oftentimes end up continuing to talk well past the time he mentioned), and

    2. if the conversations are very easy and comfortable (bear in mind that I am LII, and people who consider it comfortable to have long chats with me and even regret ending it is a phenomenon of rarity) and includes a high degree of confiding and laughter, and eye contact.


    Are these normal in the range of typical friendliness for an LSE, or is it out of the ordinary behavior, even if there is no romantic content in the conversations? I mean, it does not seem to be particularly logical behavior, whereas he is otherwise completely logical. Or does it mean interest, only that since he's delta, he will be taking an interminable length of time to work out whether it is worthwhile to pursue it? Or does it mean something entirely different? What other behaviors are important in the different contexts, if the above two is insufficient to be conclusive? The inconsistency is driving me nuts, being unable to assign an explanation to it, and wondering if I'm supposed to be doing something or not.

    Could I also ask upfront, to please refrain from disputing each other's posts so that I can get the perspectives I'm looking for before the thread turns into an argument?

  2. #2
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi

    If an LSE is in no hurry to leave a conversation with you it means he likes you.

  3. #3
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,624
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    what exactly is inconsistent - the fact that he hasn't explicitly expressed interest yet? i think LSEs are generally friendly but the comfort in the conversations is reflective of chemistry between two people and not just an LSE trait. no matter his type, his behavior indicates that he definitely enjoys your company - whether there is romantic interest is kind of impossible to say but the coast is definitely clear to send signals of your own and see how he reacts. do you purposely flirt or anything?

  4. #4
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How old is this LSE?

    (anyway, as LIE I could act like that both if I had a friendly or romatic interest. With a romantic interest I would act more boastful.)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know what kind of stuff you were discussing. As for this 'romantic' stuff you're hinting at, he may not know himself.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ok age is relevant - 30s. so am i.

    right, content of conversation is relevant - ranges between current work, past work experiences, but more in the sense of thoughts and sharing what each of us took from it, or things that we struggle with or find interesting or surprising, novel experiences we took note of, sometimes personal interests, where we're from, places we've seen. when i say "romantic" i really mean, he does not seem to show any interest in say, asking me out or anything. no idea whether that's important in the least, or highly indicative. for me, even with my friends, i would go if i had to go no matter how interesting the conversation was, unless they have an emergency or something. therefore it does not seem logical to say one has to be somewhere, and purposely not going. unless the equation is missing something. i would just like to know what is most likely to be that missing piece, and how much weight to assign to it. i realise that in all likelihood to most people this might probably come across as a blindingly obvious thing, but humor me and spell out the possibilities.

    flirting - i'm not sure if i'm flirting. i don't think he is. but then again, seriously, what do i know? i have previously assumed i might be naturally incompetent at flirting. i do have a kind of sense that i might be behaving differently around him but i would need someone watching to say whether it's flirting. for sure it feels both different from the way i normally interact with other people, yet at the same time feels much more natural (for once) - i notice it mainly because there is the absence of feeling weird or odd, which is an ever-present feeling to some extent or another, otherwise. with my dual best friend, she *likes* my weirdness. (by the way, FDG - she married an LIE and i remember that boastful phase from the courtship). even with my last significant other, i still felt eccentric, only that it was either appreciated or tolerated. even with certain friends that i get on well with talking ideas and stuff, it's more like a sense that we're odd together. he seems absolutely normal. and he makes me feel absolutely normal. i've never felt, erm, normal, before. it is unusual for me to be able to talk to someone without having to significantly adjust either or all of the following: the topics, the angle/content, the intellectual pitch, the value lens i see them from, and the formality level, to match or create a common 'space' with the other person. hence, it becomes interesting by virtue of being a novel experience. i recognise that in all likelihood this is just unusual for me, and a perfectly normal phenomenon for other people.

  7. #7
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ime, LSEs are often very hard to read in general (i'm not just talking about romantic "signals").

    What i've seen is that they can seem like they dont even know you exist when they actually hold you in very high regard (I've noticed this in professional interactions with the several LSEs I work(ed) with - again not romantic relationships). In contrast, they can seem friendly and buddy buddy with someone they dont like as much.

    Another observation I've made of LSEs is that they are generally poor judges of character and they have to get burned pretty bad by someone of bad character to realize that was the case (in retrospect). Vice versa, it can take a while for them to appreciate someone good, but once they do, that person can pretty much do no wrong.

    They LOVE hard working diligent people. If you have an LSE as your supervisor be prepared to work long hours; but if you do it with a great attitude you will win their hearts (professionally speaking).

    I'm sorry i couldn't be more helpful with the OP... idk how they are in romantic relationships... I've read somewhere about LSE-EII duality though that one of the reasons the dyad is so compatible is that the EII does not like overt compliments or shows of affection, and LSE is one to take someone aside and compliment them in private with a straight face and minimal show. Not that your situation isn't consistent.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  8. #8
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Hi

    If an LSE is in no hurry to leave a conversation with you it means he likes you.
    I dont disagree.

    LSEs are usually on a very tight schedule, due to their strong value of efficiency. So if this LSE slows down to engage in conversation with you, that is promising.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    ime, LSEs are often very hard to read in general (i'm not just talking about romantic "signals").

    What i've seen is that they can seem like they dont even know you exist when they actually hold you in very high regard (I've noticed this in professional interactions with the several LSEs I work(ed) with - again not romantic relationships). In contrast, they can seem friendly and buddy buddy with someone they dont like as much.

    Another observation I've made of LSEs is that they are generally poor judges of character and they have to get burned pretty bad by someone of bad character to realize that was the case (in retrospect). Vice versa, it can take a while for them to appreciate someone good, but once they do, that person can pretty much do no wrong.

    They LOVE hard working diligent people. If you have an LSE as your supervisor be prepared to work long hours; but if you do it with a great attitude you will win their hearts (professionally speaking).

    I'm sorry i couldn't be more helpful with the OP... idk how they are in romantic relationships... I've read somewhere about LSE-EII duality though that one of the reasons the dyad is so compatible is that the EII does not like overt compliments or shows of affection, and LSE is one to take someone aside and compliment them in private with a straight face and minimal show. Not that your situation isn't consistent.
    thanks. it's ok. i was not looking to interpret the romantic part per se, only to understand if this is conventional or aberrant behavior, mainly because i want to pin down a meaning (or lack thereof), and have a feel for the degree of uncertainty (reflected by whether few or many explanations may exist for it). i know actual 'feelings' depend on a great many person-specific and situational traits. it irritates me when i have to 'park' some anomalous observation without even a working explanation for the time being. for example, some types would indeed capriciously spend long hours talking this and that but it's just caprice and for whatever reason moves along to something else at some point. only from what i understand, LSEs are not so? i also read that LSEs won't necessarily be quickly demonstrative either even if they are interested. so yeah, i guess in a way they can be hard to read.

    may i assume from the LSE silence, that actually there are a number of plausible explanations, causing you guys to hesitate or be disinterested to offer opinions that are likely factually untenable, and therefore the uncertainty range may be inferred to be large?

  10. #10
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I recommend that you issue your LSE with a number of different coloured flags each clearly labelled and understood to display their current emotional state. During conversation they should hold the flag up which best communicates the condition of their heart strings because empathy doesn't work so they are beyond the empathic feelers feely feelers because they have to ask direct questions and receive direct answers from LSEs which is apparently quite impossible.

    /thread

  11. #11
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I recommend that you issue your LSE with a number of different coloured flags each clearly labelled and understood to display their current emotional state. During conversation they should hold the flag up which best communicates the condition of their heart strings because empathy doesn't work so they are beyond the empathic feelers feely feelers because they have to ask direct questions and receive direct answers from LSEs which is apparently quite impossible.

    /thread
    LOL

    Actually, it's not that hard to tell...

    1. Joking around - feels good
    2. Quiet and reserved - internally upset about something
    3. Pissed - throwing things and walking away.

  12. #12
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    LOL

    Actually, it's not that hard to tell...

    1. Joking around - feels good
    2. Quiet and reserved - internally upset about something
    3. Pissed - throwing things and walking away.
    Correct.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirana View Post
    when i say "romantic" i really mean, he does not seem to show any interest in say, asking me out or anything. no idea whether that's important in the least, or highly indicative.
    Like I wrote before, he may not know at all, and continues it on a conversation level, but I can be wrong and just basing it off myself. If I was to ask out every female I had a convo with, I would shoot myself in the head.

  14. #14
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,288
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I dont disagree.

    LSEs are usually on a very tight schedule, due to their strong value of efficiency. So if this LSE slows down to engage in conversation with you, that is promising.
    I also don't disagree, but would like to add that from what I have noticed they do not always necessarily have a planned schedule, nor are always that efficient. Their schedule usually consists of something always needing to be done NOW. If you say later, without good reason, then you are a dog f*cker, and LSE's can't stand dog f*ckers. They may say, "Seriously what is taking you so looongg!!!", when in reality, it has only been one minute. LSE's do not have one minute. They had one minute, one minute ago. Luckily they like to move on, especially from unpleasant feelings like having to wait. Unless you waste their time AGAIN. (and I feel for the conflictors here because I see both sides of the story). The time is always now for an LSE.

    The ironic thing is that sometimes NOW consists of doing nothing at all. Because LSE's can also be really lazy and chill and just want to do nothing (with their best freinds of course). Better just do nothing along with them, cause they like the company, OR, go find your own project way off to the side that the LSE has been putting off and earn bonus points with them (of course your not going to get a typical "thank-you", you are going to see their appreciation in other ways - maybe they will tease you playfully, or in a classic example, whine about how you are not near them. At this point you can bet they are happy with you and you are in the inner circle.)

    LSE will pull you into a conversation and talk circles around you, this is also a good sign because they are trying to gauge your reactions. Best to play along with them, maybe show some genuine feelings like irritation (but with a slight smile) and you are on your way. OR better yet, show that what they say makes you feel joyfull and hello, they love this.

    I hear say that the signals of these people are hard to read and I agree, THEY ARE. The one thing though is that if you remain patient, and consistent, then the LSE's are going to try and find the words themselves for you, which is hard for them to do, and they are not always eloquent, but at those times they are being honest and the one rule at times of confession is to listen wholeheartedly with understanding. Mockery, or flakiness at times like this is sheer treachery for the revealing LSE especially if you are a person whose opinion is valued by them. Remember, they get to lead with the jokes and will be confused if you make fun of them cruelly at times like this according to their perceptions of your words. This comes from a inner sensitivity that causes them to become frustrated, or perhaps on the opposite end become very quite towards you because of what they perceived as the totally wrong answer (which of course may or not be true of what you actually said, each LSE is highly different and each LSE needs lots of attention). They will want to clear the air with you and if they see how you behave over time, they will trust you enough to show you themselves what they think, do not think, like, don't like, appreciate, don't appreciate. If they are giving you this feed back trust that this is an extremely fortunate sign for you. It means they trust you.

    Patients and consistency on your part are key. It matters little how they react because over time, to them it's about how you react and also how much you accept about them.
    At key times talk about things that really matter, sentiments that are really important to you will make you look good in their eyes because I guaranty you will be pleasantly surprised that they too share the same sentiments about people and relationships. It's as though the ease of utility they have in real world objects is the same ease that others have in "soft skills" like interpersonal relationships. LSE's, without saying as much, value interpersonal relationships in a way that makes them mindful, but again this is not always apparent, nor obvious, especially when they can behave so poorly, or coldly, or gruffly, or impatiently, or sadly, or disinterestedly, or with inappropriate humour, or are commandeering the conversation in ways that are totally off topic. They are just as orientated to those soft skills of others as others are orientated to real world skills that LSE's are so masterful at. Keep at it day in and day out.

    Each LSE has his or her own rules about things, even simple things and in the start you should follow them. I know, I know, it's stoopid right? Just do what they are looking for, then over time, very slowly, you can ask them to change by offering up your alternative solutions. Mountains get moved slowly over time and it's the same with the LSE. Just make sure they know you are looking out for them.

    A long conversation with you is a pleasant sign that the LSE has put their attention on you, without faking that attention (which they are apt to do if you are prattling on frivolously.)

    I think that essentially as an LII, you may need to go beyond what is comfortable and natural for you to do and engage him in the conversation first and if you are able to do that then I give you full props because as far as intertypes go, illusionary relationships blow.
    Last edited by wacey; 09-18-2013 at 06:25 PM.
    "Traffic lights and loneliness. Paper cans and tape cassettes. When the world feels like this. Static shocks and bitterness."

  15. #15
    Samuel the Gabriel H. MisterNi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA.
    TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Posts
    1,131
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You should chart his mind with a statistically significant sample set of cause and effects of him and his reactions to certain stimuli. Before you interact with him, devise several hypothesis on why he has been sending you signals. Once he begins emitting signals, test each hypothesis for validity and discard the failed ones. The successful hypothesis will the most durable when it comes to testing and validation.

    If that's too much work, then just shoot from the hip and assume that he does like you but wants to keep it professional because an office romance can turn sour very quickly if things don't work out.

    IEE Ne Creative Type

    Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    Before you interact with him, devise several hypothesis on why he has been sending you signals.
    Take valium, seriously.

    Not talking crap, nor dismissing a person can work.

    Even better if one would actually hint at something more, than just "oh we had a convo and he didn't ask me out, duh."

    LUL at hypotheses.

  17. #17
    Samuel the Gabriel H. MisterNi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA.
    TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Posts
    1,131
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Take valium, seriously.

    Not talking crap, nor dismissing a person can work.

    Even better if one would actually hint at something more, than just "oh we had a convo and he didn't ask me out, duh."

    LUL at hypotheses.
    You fail science Absurd. To the remedial class for you.

    IEE Ne Creative Type

    Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    You fail science Absurd. To the remedial class for you.
    Only an idiot Alpha NT would turn relationships into science. Go watch some robot porn.

  19. #19
    Samuel the Gabriel H. MisterNi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA.
    TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Posts
    1,131
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Only an idiot Alpha NT would turn relationships into science. Go watch some robot porn.
    *Notes the original poster's LII typing.*

    Moron.

    IEE Ne Creative Type

    Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    *Notes the original poster's LII typing.*

    Moron.
    Noyes the unoriginal member's typing responding to me.

    Twat.

  21. #21
    Samuel the Gabriel H. MisterNi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA.
    TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Posts
    1,131
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Noyes the unoriginal member's typing responding to me.

    Twat.
    Shutup, fool.

    IEE Ne Creative Type

    Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    Shutup, fool.
    Or else, bull in China shop?

  23. #23
    Samuel the Gabriel H. MisterNi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA.
    TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Posts
    1,131
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Or else, bull in China shop?
    Do you think I'm that destructive? Just so you know; LII enjoy joking around just like any other type. Alpha NT or not.

    IEE Ne Creative Type

    Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    Do you think I'm that destructive?
    I think you're an idiot, so it is not that far from destructive.

    *Hint* LII enjoy joking around just like any other type. Alpha NT or not.
    A closed mouth gathers no foot.

  25. #25
    Samuel the Gabriel H. MisterNi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA.
    TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Posts
    1,131
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^-- Butthurt.

    IEE Ne Creative Type

    Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

  26. #26
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wacey View Post
    long excellent post on LSEs
    wow Wacey thanks for the great insights...this is socionics gold. dont ever delete it.

    I also don't disagree, but would like to add that from what I have noticed they do not always necessarily have a planned schedule, nor are always that efficient. Their schedule usually consists of something always needing to be done NOW. If you say later, without good reason, then you are a dog f*cker, and LSE's can't stand dog f*ckers. They may say, "Seriously what is taking you so looongg!!!", when in reality, it has only been one minute. LSE's do not have one minute. They had one minute, one minute ago. Luckily they like to move on, especially from unpleasant feelings like having to wait. Unless you waste their time AGAIN. (and I feel for the conflictors here because I see both sides of the story). The time is always now for an LSE.
    Oh this is exactly how my current boss is... unfortunately I will be his only charge as of the end of this month, so i will have his undivided attention. If i dont have some results to show him, he's going to bombard me with emails asking me if i have something to show him yet. (he already does this!). I'd thought he was SLI, maybe Te-SLI, but i wouldn't put LSE past him, now that you mention it. He also often interrupts me mid-sentence which i imagine an SLI probably wouldn't do. I actually hate it when he does that, but I guess that means he's excited...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  27. #27
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,728
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirana View Post
    Hi LSEs,

    Right, if an (opposite gender) LSE (irrational subtype, most likely) seems to be

    1. in no hurry to end conversations whenever he chats with you (and apparently preferentially so), to the extent of often running late for something else (work-related that sometimes seems that it might have repercussions to miss - some kind of extra work, at any rate), which he might mention but still with no indication of hurry or sometimes even expressing comfort to miss it (this confuses me because he then seems reluctant when i offer the logical thing of ceasing the conversation, in case he was hinting he needs to go - and we'd still oftentimes end up continuing to talk well past the time he mentioned), and

    2. if the conversations are very easy and comfortable (bear in mind that I am LII, and people who consider it comfortable to have long chats with me and even regret ending it is a phenomenon of rarity) and includes a high degree of confiding and laughter, and eye contact.


    Are these normal in the range of typical friendliness for an LSE, or is it out of the ordinary behavior, even if there is no romantic content in the conversations? I mean, it does not seem to be particularly logical behavior, whereas he is otherwise completely logical. Or does it mean interest, only that since he's delta, he will be taking an interminable length of time to work out whether it is worthwhile to pursue it? Or does it mean something entirely different? What other behaviors are important in the different contexts, if the above two is insufficient to be conclusive? The inconsistency is driving me nuts, being unable to assign an explanation to it, and wondering if I'm supposed to be doing something or not.

    Could I also ask upfront, to please refrain from disputing each other's posts so that I can get the perspectives I'm looking for before the thread turns into an argument?
    If an LSE is shirking their duties just to talk to you, you should feel special. There might be a romantic idea forming, but it's always safer to assume he just considers you a good friend.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wacey View Post
    I also don't disagree, but would like to add that from what I have noticed they do not always necessarily have a planned schedule, nor are always that efficient. Their schedule usually consists of something always needing to be done NOW. If you say later, without good reason, then you are a dog f*cker, and LSE's can't stand dog f*ckers. They may say, "Seriously what is taking you so looongg!!!", when in reality, it has only been one minute. LSE's do not have one minute. They had one minute, one minute ago. Luckily they like to move on, especially from unpleasant feelings like having to wait. Unless you waste their time AGAIN. (and I feel for the conflictors here because I see both sides of the story). The time is always now for an LSE.

    I hear say that the signals of these people are hard to read and I agree, THEY ARE. The one thing though is that if you remain patient, and consistent, then the LSE's are going to try and find the words themselves for you, which is hard for them to do, and they are not always eloquent, but at those times they are being honest and the one rule at times of confession is to listen wholeheartedly with understanding. Mockery, or flakiness at times like this is sheer treachery for the revealing LSE especially if you are a person whose opinion is valued by them. Remember, they get to lead with the jokes and will be confused if you make fun of them cruelly at times like this according to their perceptions of your words. This comes from a inner sensitivity that causes them to become frustrated, or perhaps on the opposite end become very quite towards you because of what they perceived as the totally wrong answer (which of course may or not be true of what you actually said, each LSE is highly different and each LSE needs lots of attention). They will want to clear the air with you and if they see how you behave over time, they will trust you enough to show you themselves what they think, do not think, like, don't like, appreciate, don't appreciate. If they are giving you this feed back trust that this is an extremely fortunate sign for you. It means they trust you.
    thank you. i have actually noticed the timing thing, particularly when having to handle parallel lines of highly dynamic work.

    good to know that sharing the above things is likely considered valuable. i can do conversation by now. i think. thanks for responding.

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    You should chart his mind with a statistically significant sample set of cause and effects of him and his reactions to certain stimuli. Before you interact with him, devise several hypothesis on why he has been sending you signals. Once he begins emitting signals, test each hypothesis for validity and discard the failed ones. The successful hypothesis will the most durable when it comes to testing and validation.

    If that's too much work, then just shoot from the hip and assume that he does like you but wants to keep it professional because an office romance can turn sour very quickly if things don't work out.
    too much work? that kinda is how my brain works anyway, as a default. only now that i'm older, i don't pay as much attention to its detailed workings anymore. and yes, it is simpler to go with that last assumption. for practical purposes, i am going with that. it doesn't mean i'm not still curious and analytical about it.

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Only an idiot Alpha NT would turn relationships into science. Go watch some robot porn.
    Well, can't say you're incorrect. not into robot porn myself though. I could give out more details, but without some idea of which is and isn't relevant, it's hard to pick and choose. And given that I merely wanted to know whether it is significant or insignificant behaviour, and given that a non-response or non-committal response is in itself a reasonable answer to the question, didn't think it worth the bother. Thanks for the answer, whether you realised you gave one or not.

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    If an LSE is shirking their duties just to talk to you, you should feel special.
    Thanks. I could probably have been more succinct with the question, but this is essentially what I wanted to know. Whether I am being offered something that means a great deal, and so should appreciate, or at least not be dismissive of it, or it is actually normal and inconsequential. I'm making an effort to notice these things, you see. Realising (or even noticing) what signals other types send me that mean something significant to them, is not easy for me. Obviously, I cannot signal appreciation for something I've not noticed or not interpreted correctly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    There might be a romantic idea forming, but it's always safer to assume he just considers you a good friend.
    yes, am certainly going to be level-headed as a general rule. And thanks for shading in the uncertainty range a bit there. This directly and indirectly tells me: possibly yes, but very preliminary; but even so, an expectation of time seems implicit.

    Yes, I realise only LIIs want information of this kind - especially without actually intending to use it for any envisaged action. And thanks denizens of the Delta forum for (relatively) humouring me. You guys can ignore this thread now if you want.

  32. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirana View Post
    Thanks for the answer, whether you realised you gave one or not.
    I did, twice. Nor wasn't this particular answer directed at you, but if you want to get offended, you will. Besides, I don't rally spend a great amount of time stressing about how other people see me. If you're into me - great. If not - great as well.

    I know what I am looking for, so no big deal.

    Anyhow, spend some more time with that guy and see how it goes.
    Last edited by Absurd; 09-15-2013 at 02:33 PM.

  33. #33
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirana View Post

    Yes, I realise only LIIs want information of this kind - especially without actually intending to use it for any envisaged action. And thanks denizens of the Delta forum for (relatively) humouring me. You guys can ignore this thread now if you want.
    Not at all... tons of us wonder about how to interpret possible signals all the time, and especially in the case of LSEs who can be quite difficult to read, i think it was a very valid question. And i dont WANT to ignore this thread, I love this topic! I LSEs!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  34. #34
    Moderator Reficulris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,041
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    I did, twice. Nor wasn't this particular answer directed at you, but if you want to get offended, you will. Besides, I don't rally spend a great amount of time stressing about how other people see me. If you're into me - great. If not - great as well.

    I know what I am looking for, so no big deal.

    Anyhow, spend some more time with that guy and see how it goes.
    I think she was sincerely thanking you Absurd...

  35. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh.

    In that case, cool...

    Ahem.

  36. #36
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,728
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Only an idiot Alpha NT would turn relationships into science.
    When I was a teen, I would chart my relationships to figure out who my best friends were.
    Why do you think I joined this forum?

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  37. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Why do you think I joined this forum?
    To figure out who your best friend is, after making pro and con lists?

    I would like to see those charts, if you don't mind sharing of course.

  38. #38
    Samuel the Gabriel H. MisterNi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA.
    TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Posts
    1,131
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirana View Post
    too much work? that kinda is how my brain works anyway, as a default. only now that i'm older, i don't pay as much attention to its detailed workings anymore. and yes, it is simpler to go with that last assumption. for practical purposes, i am going with that. it doesn't mean i'm not still curious and analytical about it.
    The Scientific Method is tedious isn't it? The mind is willing but the flesh is weak. At any rate, GL with your LSE office fling.

    IEE Ne Creative Type

    Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

  39. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    MisterNi a scientist, lul.

  40. #40
    . willekeurig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,512
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    (anyway, as LIE I could act like that both if I had a friendly or romatic interest. With a romantic interest I would act more boastful.)
    Do you do this intentionally, or..? I'm really curious about this behaviour. It seems fairly typical for males, but at least as far as my own preferences go, the more boastful someone is the less likely I am to find them attractive. Apparently it works for some women?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •