Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 64

Thread: Forrest Gump

  1. #1
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Forrest Gump

    What type do you think Forrest was (disregarding the low IQ)?

    And how about some of the other characters in the movie?

    Forrest's Mother
    Jenny
    Lieutenant Dan
    Those people following him when running
    And finally, his son Forrest Jr.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Forrest Gump: ISFj

    Forrest's Mother: ESFj perhaps

    Jenny: INFp perhaps

    Lieutenant Dan: ESTj

    The people following him running: morons
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  3. #3
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I need to watch that movie again.

    I seem to recall Fi > Fe for Jenny, but I don't know. She was a compassionate but tough little girl, and when she was older she was too messed up to really type that accurately. I would think ESFp for her... but again it's been at least 7 or 8 years since I've seen the movie. Forrest had a certain earnestness and commonsense about people to him which does seem like a Delta or Gamma ethcial thing. ESTj does sound right for Lieutenant Dan, though I could see him as an ISTj too. What about his army buddy that always talked about shrimp?

    Damn, I need to see that movie again.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  4. #4
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Me too, Joy.

  5. #5
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat

    The people following him running: morons
    haha!

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I seem to recall Fi > Fe for Jenny, but I don't know.
    I agree. I think there was more Fi. Some of the things she would say may have been in a calm voice but the emotional meaning and implications of what she would say definitely had a greater Fi component. When I saw the movie I was thinking either ENFp or ESFp, not sure which.

    Lieutenant Dan I'd agree is definitely ESTj.

    The army buddy with the shrimp (Bubba) I think was ISFp or ISFj maybe

    How about Forrest Jr.? He seemed to be very different from both of his parents, and definitely seemed like a T.

  6. #6
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think he was an ISFp.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  7. #7
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Forrest - I think his values fit Gamma (values Se, Fi), but none of the types really work for him, except possibly ESI. However, I feel like he has weak Se for some reason.

    Jenny - out the fucking window! EIE.

    Forrest's Mother: Delta? LSE sensory, perhaps? Si in the ego for sure. Reminds me of my mother.

    Lietenant Dan - LSE, logical subtype.

    Bubba - LIE. I have a gut feeling about this.

    Forrest Jr. - IEI?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  8. #8
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Forrest - I think his values fit Gamma (values Se, Fi), but none of the types really work for him, except possibly ESI. However, I feel like he has weak Se for some reason.
    ESI ethical subtype, but his Se did show up when necessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Jenny - out the fucking window! EIE.
    I was thinking IEE now. Anyway she's too messed up.

    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Forrest's Mother: Delta? LSE sensory, perhaps? Si in the ego for sure. Reminds me of my mother.
    Possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87

    Bubba - LIE. I have a gut feeling about this.
    LOL, I hadn't thought of this possibility.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Forest Gump was probably IxFP. Come on now, just think of vague and you'll see a Forest Gump type with a higher IQ.

    Anyway, if I recall correctly, Gump had the habit of being restrained by and handcuffed to "facts" and such, and tossing them out there repeatedly, which is a signiture move of IxFPs.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  10. #10
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah, i think forrest could be INFp/ISFj (IQs aside.) kind of loveable, defenseless grin, interesting, kind of simple yet universal () observations on life. i lean towards ISFj, too.


    bless wikiquote.

    * "I wore lots of shoes. I remember my first pair of shoes; Momma said they'd take me anywhere! They were my magic shoes."

    * "You know it's funny what a young man recollects. 'Cause I don't remember being born. I don't recall what I got for my first Christmas and I don't know when I went on my first outdoor picnic. But I do remember the first time I heard the sweetest voice in the wide world."

    * "He was a very loving man. He was always kissing and touching her and her sisters."

    * "I am not a smart man, but I know what love is"

    * "My mama always said, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

    * "That's my boat!"
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Jenny - out the fucking window! EIE.
    concur

  12. #12
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

    Anyway, if I recall correctly, Gump had the habit of being restrained by and handcuffed to "facts" and such, and tossing them out there repeatedly, which is a signiture move of IxFPs.
    So would this attachment to facts push him more in the ISFp direction instead of INFp? Or are INFp's also bound to facts, but in a different way, like perhaps being more bound to ideas such as motto's or slogans, or important sayings of wisdom they've embraced?

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steve6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

    Anyway, if I recall correctly, Gump had the habit of being restrained by and handcuffed to "facts" and such, and tossing them out there repeatedly, which is a signiture move of IxFPs.
    So would this attachment to facts push him more in the ISFp direction instead of INFp? Or are INFp's also bound to facts, but in a different way, like perhaps being more bound to ideas such as motto's or slogans, or important sayings of wisdom they've embraced?
    You COMPLETELY missed the point.

    The attachment to facts here is a sign of a weak Thinking function, it has nothing to do with perception. In this sense, INFP and ISFP are pretty much the *same*. You make no sense here.

    And you need to stop acting like a jerkoff, too. This is why I always say you aggravate me.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  14. #14
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Heyas Rocky. Can you provide an example (made up or real)? I want to see what you are referring to.


    ps. life is like a box of types :/

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Anyway, if I recall correctly, Gump had the habit of being restrained by and handcuffed to "facts" and such, and tossing them out there repeatedly, which is a signiture move of IxFPs.
    It's a kind of circumstantiality, umständliches Denken in Greman, which cerebral problems like mental retardation may manifest. We have to omit this if consider his IQ problem.

    IMO it's almost impossible to type him only with the film. Using the original story is better, but still not easy.
    ex-nameless ixtp
    *** Warning - Risk of poor communication and late response.

  16. #16
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

    And you need to stop acting like a jerkoff, too. This is why I always say you aggravate me.
    I think you have some hostility issues that you need to examine and get to the root of. You obviously aren't as good at figuring out people's intentions as you think you are.

    In case you didn't see, I was simply asking questions and am still trying to truly learn the socionics model by trying to establish some framework. There's a lot I still don't know about how the different functions play out and by asking questions one can personalize the learning. There is nothing wrong with this and if this is acting like a jerkoff, than you obviously have not truly understood this particular learning style. (Not everyone likes to sit in a lecture hall and be told everything is what it is without being able to engage.)

    In addition, hostility towards this particular kind of style represents a narrowmindedness and honestly a lack of understanding of the learning styles of some intuitive types, especially the ENTp.

    My advice is to :
    1. Open up to the possibility that people don't learn or express themselves in the exact same way you do.
    2. Accept the fact that people's questions may be far fetched or missed the exact point of what you were trying to say, because maybe they were trying to make a connection to something else so they could solidify a concept in their mind. Then you could simply clarify it further without any fanfare.
    3. Assume everyone's intentions to be good unless proven wrong. (And don't tell me I've proven them wrong because it obviously means you would have "COMPLETELY missed the point" of what I have just written.


  17. #17
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Steve, what he's saying is that you basically sound really egostical and self absorbed, and I can see where he's coming from (just look at your post above).
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Heyas Rocky. Can you provide an example (made up or real)? I want to see what you are referring to.


    ps. life is like a box of types :/
    Sure, this was fresh in my mind since it was just talked about on another forum;

    http://similarminds.com/forums/viewt...t=916&start=15

    If you read through, there are two examples.


    @steve: I was pointing out how offensive most of your posts come off when I read them. And it seems like you won't even consider the possibility that what you say is *offensive*. That's why I said whenever I read your posts, it gives me agita. And you're really the only one who's capable of doing that, no one else is as offensive to me.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  19. #19
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    Steve, what he's saying is that you basically sound really egostical and self absorbed, and I can see where he's coming from (just look at your post above).
    Care to give any specific examples, or talk about the way I write or express myself specifically, or any ideas I bring up, and not just in vague terms by saying that it's arrogant? (And the reason I have to keep putting attention on myself is because some people keep directing put downs at me, and I have to defend myself when there is a misunderstanding.)

    How else should I have responded? I try to make an interesting thread (having nothing to do with me) since I recently saw this movie, and was trying to improve my understanding of socionics by relating it to this movie, and someone comes on and attacks my character and my motivations (which they clearly misread). I think defending myself was perfectly called for. And this is not the first time, so I think recommendations were in order so that he doesn't do himself a disservice and get annoyed in the future when there really is no intention of negativity, arrogance, or putting people down on my part.

  20. #20
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

    @steve: I was pointing out how offensive most of your posts come off when I read them. And it seems like you won't even consider the possibility that what you say is *offensive*. That's why I said whenever I read your posts, it gives me agita. And you're really the only one who's capable of doing that, no one else is as offensive to me.
    Rocky, could you please give me a specific example? It's been about 5 times I've been called arrogant and nobody cas cared to specify and show me where. Quote some of my posts and point out to me exactly where you think it is arrogant. How can I consider the possibility without any specific examples to go by? Perhaps I could use different language in the future to get the same point across so it doesn't come across that way to you and some others. But until you point out exactly where, so I can see an example, there's no way for me to know what you're talking about. Feel free to quote and dissect a post of mine.

    Because without doing so, yours and others' claims about me hold no water and are frivolous.

    BTW: I'm telling you now, I mean no intentions of arrogance, and if it comes across that way to you, tell yourself that it isn't, and don't get offended. (Turn off the sensitivity switch because you hopefully know now that my posts are not intended to be egotistical, because I have explicitly told you so many times)

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    OK, here you go...

    Quote Originally Posted by steve6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

    Anyway, if I recall correctly, Gump had the habit of being restrained by and handcuffed to "facts" and such, and tossing them out there repeatedly, which is a signiture move of IxFPs.
    So would this attachment to facts push him more in the ISFp direction instead of INFp? Or are INFp's also bound to facts, but in a different way, like perhaps being more bound to ideas such as motto's or slogans, or important sayings of wisdom they've embraced?
    In this particular post, you basically imply that all Intuitives (or at least INFPs) are "wise" and full of ideas, whereas you see Sensors (or ISFPs) as pretty much nothing. Like mindless drones who have nothing "important" or "wise" about them.

    This is the lowest form of typism.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  22. #22
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    OK, here you go...

    Quote Originally Posted by steve6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

    Anyway, if I recall correctly, Gump had the habit of being restrained by and handcuffed to "facts" and such, and tossing them out there repeatedly, which is a signiture move of IxFPs.
    So would this attachment to facts push him more in the ISFp direction instead of INFp? Or are INFp's also bound to facts, but in a different way, like perhaps being more bound to ideas such as motto's or slogans, or important sayings of wisdom they've embraced?
    In this particular post, you basically imply that all Intuitives (or at least INFPs) are "wise" and full of ideas, whereas you see Sensors (or ISFPs) as pretty much nothing. Like mindless drones who have nothing "important" or "wise" about them.

    This is the lowest form of typism.
    I see how you could've gotten that impression, maybe I should've clarified what I meant, because once a person leaves things to be implied, different people can get a different implied meaning out of what was written. What I really meant was more that the ISFP deals with more concrete things that were based from his experience and things that are real to him, while the INFP may be more abstract and comes up with more things from the Ni function, and may not be able to remember some of the specifics of each situaition. The reason I mentioned important sayings for INFPs was because those phrases tend to summarize a concept of reality rather than the concreteness of reality. Perhaps "wise" wasn't the best word to use, but it's all I could think of. S or N is not necessarily better than the other. I could list for you an equal amount of things Sensors would be good at that Intuitives are not and vise versa.

    I've told you in another thread that I may use words or throw things out there that may appear presumptuous, but I don't mean to be, I'm just trying to connect an abstract concept. and I've emphasized this before: DON'T TAKE EVERY ONE OF MY WORDS LITERALLY - PAY ATTENTION TO THE CONTEXT IN WHICH IT IS BEING USED!!!

    And I'm tired of being on the defensive. There are plenty of things I could say about your communication style that I don't particularly care for, but I've accepted them, and having read your ISTP descriptions, I can understand your point of view and your style. Please try to understand mine.

    BTW: The fact I'm willing to explore this and resolve this communication issue should be an obvious sign against arrogance. Hopefully this is resolved.

  23. #23
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmm...I have absolutely no idea what you are fighting about I was very surprised seing Rocky get angry. I was even more surprised seeing other people backing him up. Perhaps I don't read his posts with big enough magnifying glass but so far I can't say steve6 has made an especially good or bad impression on me. His opinions don't seem to be more biased than most others I've seen. Am I missing something here? Is his style somehow offensive to other people then? I think half the people here have huge egos so that can't be the only reason?

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lol. Forest Gump supervises Herzy.

  25. #25
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Lol. Forest Gump supervises Herzy.




    I've actually never seen the movie.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LOL.

    DON'T TAKE EVERY ONE OF MY WORDS LITERALLY - PAY ATTENTION TO THE CONTEXT IN WHICH IT IS BEING USED!!!
    This is one of the funniest things ever said on the forum. I'm not even going to touch it. I'll let you find the humor in it.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  27. #27
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

    This is one of the funniest things ever said on the forum. I'm not even going to touch it. I'll let you find the humor in it.
    LMAOOO PWNDIZZLED.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  28. #28
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    LOL.

    DON'T TAKE EVERY ONE OF MY WORDS LITERALLY - PAY ATTENTION TO THE CONTEXT IN WHICH IT IS BEING USED!!!
    This is one of the funniest things ever said on the forum. I'm not even going to touch it. I'll let you find the humor in it.
    If you don't know what I mean, and have forgotten the whole context of this discussion, then if I were you I would not place any trust in your intuition and would not rely on it for accurate assessments.

  29. #29
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Hmm...I have absolutely no idea what you are fighting about I was very surprised seing Rocky get angry. I was even more surprised seeing other people backing him up. Perhaps I don't read his posts with big enough magnifying glass but so far I can't say steve6 has made an especially good or bad impression on me. His opinions don't seem to be more biased than most others I've seen. Am I missing something here? Is his style somehow offensive to other people then? I think half the people here have huge egos so that can't be the only reason?
    Thank You!!!

  30. #30
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Lol. Forest Gump supervises Herzy.




    I've actually never seen the movie.
    You should see it

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with XoX, and I've always been confused since he's too much narcisstic about being ISTp, at least to say it's scientific and objective, and strangely people acept his remarks. Funny, it's so far typism and harming objectivity. Regarding him F seems typism for me, too, anyway.

    At least,
    You COMPLETELY missed the point.
    why can't you refute without this kind of pose? If steve6 is worse than you about this, it seems to me this phrase got him and he couldn't help arguing against. You will never avoid silly squabbles without stopping such usage.
    ex-nameless ixtp
    *** Warning - Risk of poor communication and late response.

  32. #32
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's becoming increasily difficult to watch people's self-concepts constantly crumble and change. This 'typism' is definitely consequence of constant personal reflection and need to defend this ideal character(provided by socionics) they are working towards or actually see completely in themselves. You have to sort of expect it on a forum where the member's primary use is to reflect on themselves and others. God, it's ridiculous how personal you all can get.
    asd

  33. #33
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    OK, here you go...

    Quote Originally Posted by steve6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

    Anyway, if I recall correctly, Gump had the habit of being restrained by and handcuffed to "facts" and such, and tossing them out there repeatedly, which is a signiture move of IxFPs.
    So would this attachment to facts push him more in the ISFp direction instead of INFp? Or are INFp's also bound to facts, but in a different way, like perhaps being more bound to ideas such as motto's or slogans, or important sayings of wisdom they've embraced?
    In this particular post, you basically imply that all Intuitives (or at least INFPs) are "wise" and full of ideas, whereas you see Sensors (or ISFPs) as pretty much nothing. Like mindless drones who have nothing "important" or "wise" about them.

    This is the lowest form of typism.
    pretty much insulting to both, i'd agree.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  34. #34
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heath
    It's becoming increasily difficult to watch people's self-concepts constantly crumble and change. This 'typism' is definitely consequence of constant personal reflection and need to defend this ideal character(provided by socionics) they are working towards or actually see completely in themselves. You have to sort of expect it on a forum where the member's primary use is to reflect on themselves and others. God, it's ridiculous how personal you all can get.
    This is something I commented on a long while back, too. Where's my damn cookie?

  35. #35
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,782
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    OK, here you go...

    Quote Originally Posted by steve6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

    Anyway, if I recall correctly, Gump had the habit of being restrained by and handcuffed to "facts" and such, and tossing them out there repeatedly, which is a signiture move of IxFPs.
    So would this attachment to facts push him more in the ISFp direction instead of INFp? Or are INFp's also bound to facts, but in a different way, like perhaps being more bound to ideas such as motto's or slogans, or important sayings of wisdom they've embraced?
    In this particular post, you basically imply that all Intuitives (or at least INFPs) are "wise" and full of ideas, whereas you see Sensors (or ISFPs) as pretty much nothing. Like mindless drones who have nothing "important" or "wise" about them.

    This is the lowest form of typism.
    Fascinating, that this statement made by Steve6 pisses Rocky that much off. I'm not saying Rocky is wrong, but to me Steve6's remark sounds like a sincere question, an expression of curiosity. I read no implications of N types being more wise. What I read, is the idea that N types love "wisdoms", not that they are wise people themselves, that N types have a tendency to hang such slogans over their beds, so that they are reminded of them. And I read it as he not making a statement, but he asking a question, which he wants answered because he wants to know and understand. But I guess all this says more about me than about Steve6 or Rocky
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steve6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    LOL.

    DON'T TAKE EVERY ONE OF MY WORDS LITERALLY - PAY ATTENTION TO THE CONTEXT IN WHICH IT IS BEING USED!!!
    This is one of the funniest things ever said on the forum. I'm not even going to touch it. I'll let you find the humor in it.
    If you don't know what I mean, and have forgotten the whole context of this discussion, then if I were you I would not place any trust in your intuition and would not rely on it for accurate assessments.
    LOL again. This is part of the reason why I found your comments like this funny. You have no ability to think for yourself, it seems. All you've ever done on this forum is throw around the words "concrete", "abstract", "intuitive", and "context", which is a sign that you don't actually understand the words you're saying, or know how they apply to individual situations.

    It's a disorder called verbal stereogysm btw, and basically refers to people who use the same words over and over again despite the context, and clearly are out of place.

    All I'm saying is that you're view of me is wrong, and throwing you're favorite four words at me has no place in this conversation, since they're irrelevant.

    And for the record, I knew exactly what you meant. You *thought* that I took what you said too "literally", but it was humorous because, one, you always use that word no matter what the situation, and two, it could be said that you also took what I said "literally", depending on the point of view. My post was only a reaction to yours. Even if you don't think you're self-centered, me and other people still find what you say is offensive, and that's important.

    And if you're thinking of replying with another post using the words "intuition" or "concrete", then withhold yourself.

    I'm alergic to your bullshit and it may cause me to react again.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  37. #37

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    OK, here you go...

    Quote Originally Posted by steve6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

    Anyway, if I recall correctly, Gump had the habit of being restrained by and handcuffed to "facts" and such, and tossing them out there repeatedly, which is a signiture move of IxFPs.
    So would this attachment to facts push him more in the ISFp direction instead of INFp? Or are INFp's also bound to facts, but in a different way, like perhaps being more bound to ideas such as motto's or slogans, or important sayings of wisdom they've embraced?
    In this particular post, you basically imply that all Intuitives (or at least INFPs) are "wise" and full of ideas, whereas you see Sensors (or ISFPs) as pretty much nothing. Like mindless drones who have nothing "important" or "wise" about them.

    This is the lowest form of typism.
    Fascinating, that this statement made by Steve6 pisses Rocky that much off. I'm not saying Rocky is wrong, but to me Steve6's remark sounds like a sincere question, an expression of curiosity. I read no implications of N types being more wise. What I read, is the idea that N types love "wisdoms", not that they are wise people themselves, that N types have a tendency to hang such slogans over their beds, so that they are reminded of them. And I read it as he not making a statement, but he asking a question, which he wants answered because he wants to know and understand. But I guess all this says more about me than about Steve6 or Rocky
    But it's not just this post I'm reacting to. Pretty much all of his posts have been the same.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  38. #38
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,782
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I'm alergic to your bullshit and it may cause me to react again.
    You guys are both in NY. Can't you get together for a beer and find out that the both of you probably aren't all that bad?? :wink:
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nessy
    why can't you refute without this kind of pose? If steve6 is worse than you about this, it seems to me this phrase got him and he couldn't help arguing against. You will never avoid silly squabbles without stopping such usage.
    Why avoid them? Then nobody would ever learn.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  40. #40
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,782
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    But it's not just this post I'm reacting to. Pretty much all of his posts have been the same.
    Well, if all of his posts are like that, perhaps he and I should get together for a beer instead, because I won't take offense. That is, until we get to personal issues, and I will feel my feelings ignored by him.... :wink:
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •