Thread: SEIs and breaking up work into stages

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default SEIs and breaking up work into stages

In that when responding to most things and even POSTS ON THE FORUM I don't break them down into pieces. I just go by a general feel. I think breaking things down to digestable pieces is related to:

SE (SEI) needs a partner who can break up work into stages and set deadlines, and also took over the part of work that needs a more objective approach, such as knowing the instructions and regulations, etc.

Because SEI, unlike an EII can not manage big chunks of things at a time.

Any thoughts?

Why is breaking up things so vital to an SEI?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, why are you so obsessed with SEIs?

To answer your question, SEIs get overwhelmed by large amounts of information and responsibilities, and are not confident that they know the best way to get things done efficiently. They prefer to relax and indulge in activities that they know they are good at and that also provides them with positive emotions. They don't necessarily need someone to do everything for them, like your mother cutting up your food. They really just need someone to kindly tell them a simple strategy on how to get started and let them do the rest; such as take many assignments and take them one at a time, step-by-step until you're finished, while not overworking yourself. Attaining mastery is a stressful process, but once they have achieved mastery over something they are happy again. SEIs value Ti which is systematic and utilizes analysis, which is why breaking things down is necessary.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    First of all, why are you so obsessed with SEIs?

To answer your question, SEIs get overwhelmed by large amounts of information and responsibilities, and are not confident that they know the best way to get things done efficiently. They prefer to relax and indulge in activities that they know they are good at and that also provides them with positive emotions. They don't necessarily need someone to do everything for them, like your mother cutting up your food. They really just need someone to kindly tell them a simple strategy on how to get started and let them do the rest; such as take many assignments and take them one at a time, step-by-step until you're finished, while not overworking yourself. Attaining mastery is a stressful process, but once they have achieved mastery over something they are happy again. SEIs value Ti which is systematic and utilizes analysis, which is why breaking things down is necessary.
    my nephew's one and I'm preparing myself

TIM
    it's so pretty type
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they love to catagorize things. For instance, if a SEI were to mow the lawn then would break it down into steps by catagorizing them. First, mow around of the trees, next mow around the perimeter, finally mow back and forth the expanse of the yard. The entire project is just too overwhelming without doing this. You could potentially apply this to everything they do.

retired
    TIM
    Se
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my best friends is Si-SEI who's an artist. When I look at her drawings and pieces, I can see how meticulous one can compartmentalise her design on one paper to the point of a mental disorder. Joking aside, she's married to a guy who's most likely an IEI and she occasionally tells me that he's not helpful enough for her work. I'm pretty sure he does his best but apparently the lack of any Ti-ego around seems to be a bit frustrating for SEIs sometimes? IDK. Well, overall they are a perfect couple.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by macysmama View Post
    I think they love to catagorize things. For instance, if a SEI were to mow the lawn then would break it down into steps by catagorizing them. First, mow around of the trees, next mow around the perimeter, finally mow back and forth the expanse of the yard. The entire project is just too overwhelming without doing this. You could potentially apply this to everything they do.
    Yes

This is a very good point about SEI; that's because they value Ti.