User Tag List

Thread: hi all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking hi all

wow it's hard holding to an account over here :-) supposedly it because something i did, or didn't, pls tell me?

I have been into Jungian types since..it must been 2 to 3 years now. As a proper western non-native english speaker I first came in touch with MBTI and joined the community at personalitycafe.com. From reading type descriptions to discussing with others in the community, I ended up digging into the MBTI function descriptions, doing my best to understand them and get the reason behind it all. While searching for the function I stumbled upon Socionics, start reading their descriptions and instantly liked how the sounded so neutral, describing positive and neutral aspects of personalities. Then going deeper into the functions and the reasoning behind socionics, the who Model A, Quadras, intertype relations, it all made so much more sense to me, felt much more complete. From that point on, most of my time reading personality theories was spent on wikisocion.org and of course this site, luring out of the anonymous void.

So pls beg to you moderators, I will behave and be a good boy now and at least write a proper introduction, ah it's not so hard conforming to your community culture, please don't delete me!

Also I followed The Socionist blog, or EX- right, as it is called now, I saw his post, around the same time while I was not so active reading up on Socionist, and it kinda steered me into ignoring it even more. But hey, here I am again, there is this feeling of something, something to learn, about myself, and others, that I haven't found anywhere else to this extend.

OK - what's my type. I have no clue, what Quadra functions do I value, beats me, sometime I think I have it, feel a sense of identity which may endure for 2-3 months, but normally after a couple of weeks I can identify totally with the most opposite quadra. So basically that is it, I come here, because I ask for guidance in determining a core sense of my self. I bet I'm not so special in that quest over here.

Last time I emerged I put down this suggestion to make a video database of types. It was funny, the person responding might or might have not responded to the idea, but said out straight I sounded like alpha NT. Not here to bias, but hey, we are all right.

In MBTI most tests resulted in ENTP or ENFP.
    In Socionics I eventually ended up using that great Sociotypograph, but clearly I can't really decide upon those dichotomies with true certainty.
    Basically in a point in my life where I want to resume "real life" and continue my studies. But choosing a discipline has always been the problem, and over time have tried Computer Science, Psychology, Religious Sciences, Educational Sciences, Artificial Intelligence. My best assumption university life is not for me, but then again, I like to learn, and I like it more than anything else. Well except for maybe teaching other, see them grow, develop, reach more of the potential that is within them, the exact thing in which I feel so utterly alone. So know this site, and it had to do with personality tests as well, so I gave it a shot, answered the required question and to my surprise it came back with a MBTI result, this time I hit ENFJ. Oh come on isn't this all pre-biased, and I can feed you anything I want here to have you say the type I want to hear, or is there actually a manner in which one can discern the type...ah nevermind my ramblings.

So, Hello I'm remer. Nice to meet you. Let's be friends, but not too much friend right, I kinda like to hide behind this screenname, and no I don't want to skype, unless you are a girl of my age, I guess. Do you guys have a voice chat server running btw, but I'd feel at a set back, with prolly lots of native english speakers overhere. Anyone who is doing Esperanto, I am looking for a speaking partner!

With respectful intentions,

remer

P.S. What type do you think I am?

Edit: should I correct my spelling/grammar errors, because normally I would do as I think people would appreciate, but maybe that might be more bias. Or shouldn't I have said this, yes I know I am obsessive,I am also a control freak and a perfectionist. Oh I feel like a fool, typing into a text-box, but hey, someone is here right?!

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remerember remerember remer.

Hai, welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello :-D

The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-ILI, 5w6 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello remer pleased to meet you

I am sorry to hear that your having trouble typing yourself it's a common problem. I suspected that your most likely an Ne dominated or Axillary. Due to the fact that your uncertain you seem unfocused and want to explore all possibilities.

I suspected your an ILE, IEE or LII, EII (ENTp, ENFp or INTj, INFj) Ne subtypes.
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics: Te-ILI
    Enneagram Type: 5w6
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9, Heart-3
    Instinctal Stacking: Sp/Sx
    Jung's 7 Archetypes: The Rebel/The Revolutionary/The Provocateur
    Political Position: Independent
    Prefered Ecomonic Structure: Pure Capitalism
    Religious and Spiritual Stance: Theosophy/Occultism
    Government Structural Preference: Meritocratic Republic

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by remer View Post
    wow it's hard holding to an account over here :-) supposedly it because something i did, or didn't, pls tell me?
    What does this mean?

Creepy-bg

nah. we just purge the unnaproved accounts every once in awhile. post on the forum somewhere generally = get account approved (make intro thread = for sure get approved). don't post and the account gets purged in the every few months cleanup. no drama to see here. (maybe sometimes people slip through the cracks, but ehh, shit happens)

also, hi.

Creepy-bg

oh just read it, idk what happened if you posted and didn't get to keep your account.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, thanks for the welcome :-)
    (and the account activation, I no longer see the yellow warning message!)

Alright so most say NT alpha (again), basic Psychology tells me I did insert a primer here, but hey maybe the Ne is just radiating. :-D
    Yesterday I read up on all of the the Ne personality descriptions at the front page (again). Oh also I read the LIE description, but I feel there is nowhere I correspond to Jack, yet very curious William, what might you think I do? I have (or had) a friend who presumingly is LIE and albeit different, we shared this connection of friendly competitiveness and posing a challenge towards each other, yet he always was so much more 'structured' than me, was steps ahead, picked one strategy, and rolled me over. Heh. Good days. He is also the one who introduced me to the Dexter TV series, and I really like it, although it may in the end have nothing to do with ENTj.

So yeah the Ne descriptions, well actually I turned quickly to the female duality pictures, I have to say, that of all the female pictures, I am most attracted to the ISTp, ENFj, ESFj (although not this one, although he has the smile, but in the Alpha Quadra space I sometime see pictures posted of presumingly ENFjs like Lindsey Stirling, and there were some others.) They just make sense to me, from a perspective as a compatible partner, hmm...looking at it now ;P I guess the ISFp too, I have to say I really think that my ex-girlfriend was a ISFp, it's like we were best friends, just being together felt good, her smiles, her radiation is what I miss most, at the same time, she always felt to have such an unstructured chaotic mind, and was prone to make these illogical statements to appeal to their friends, I was like, morally inclined to speak my mind about. In the end I felt I needed directions, where she felt in the way, but she never was, she gave purpose to my own chaotically ordered mind. I am a little ashamed, but really not much to say that she took care off me in ways, the feeling was corruptingly wonderful, social events bring the gf and she would do the small talking, at the same time, I fixed the tech stuff, but I guess I stepped over my border by cleaning up too much of her mess. Later in life I attracted to more, i guess logical, or orderly brain women, particular this fine girl who I was never able to beat in any game, that was such attraction and challenge! On our first date, we played chess, and once I felt unable to win, oh well, it was time to move on to those others thing we had in mind anyway. She had this strong feel for the absurd and artsy things. But hey, maybe she was not by definition a logical type. Then again we weren't able to sleep strangled into each other, as that is basically the only way I share the bed.

Well OK, I do talk a lot, something I don't seem to recall to have done so much when I was little. Reading that LII descriptions gave me most resemblances in terms of my early childhood. The well-read kid, observing, analyzing, I mean I still do it all the time. Compared to the ILE on the other hand, I don't see the early childhood connection, maybe it's because of my upbringing, my dad was really strict, or lets put it differently you can't argue with him, but if you wanted something he was fine about, it was like the world upside down, he would support you do it it that way. So in the house, it was his house, or my mums, heh I guess that's when they differed :-) Well on the street, I spoke my mind, interacted with many children, had my own group, did what kids do, many fond memories of being known in the neighbourhood and having fun with many of the other kids. Well but there were the conflicts with adults as other kids. The adults were easier, they might get upset, but it would never come to a fight. Fights, normally I was able to keep those at a distance, just by posturing, I was always big, so that worked in most situations, though those who got to know me and my soft demeanour could easily punch through and I felt very soon out of stamina to keep up this crazy behaviour. One time outnumbered and outskilled, I just had no chance, and another time with the numbers on our side, but I guess the out-aged factor was too much as my name calling was probably not confident enough to persuade my two friends to take the stand. As I always enjoyed sports I always felt the sprinter, not a runner. I love speed, any game or skill that features agility is mine to master. But I guess that being in the 'popular' group was starting to get really hard once the group found how to condemn me for knowing more, as knowing as they saw it wasn't per se cooler any longer. Upon entering high school I basically dropped all physically pursuit, tried to get through by focussing on my mental capacities, however having lost a sense of realness and motivation almost cost me graduation.

Little depressed and moody here and there, but I do agree I am outgoing, if that is enough to qualify for Extroverted. And what I read somewhere in the EIE domain on wikisocion, having the need to initiate contact, but wouldn't mind if some else does it. Still I do feel this responsibility, to talk to the loners, get them in the group. Maybe that is upbringing as well, as it's what my mum would also do, take care of everyone. If I wouldn't be such a unconfident wuss I would argue my parents would be a ESFj and INTj couple, On the other hand sometimes their relation looks really incompatible, then again they are together for a long time. At times my dad can act a lot like he's of Gamma world, uninviting and relentless to those whom he doesn't like, maybe this is true as most of the time his analysis of someone is correct. And my mum is definitely so not a structured at all, although she has discipline and perseverance, maybe is the F that allows her to be out of her mind. Still I can't place quadra values on home, I guess the home situation is difficult to do? As what makes it your home makes it so integrated into your type. Always there is good food, comfort, attention, and no one is required to sit in a Beta group, on the other hand, heavy stuff is avoided or shelved under a lot of shallowness, there is energy albeit no direction, when the emptiness is too large, the party starts over and fill it up again.

In the midst of high school that whole shallow atmosphere has driven me to start reading and do a lot of more spiritual (I guess Delta way) stuff. But on the other hand I guess being in a bad school situation, I needed some grounding, put my stuff back into one container.

OK, this is going to be the last part, but there is this movie called Fanaa (2006) there is this one scene / music part as it is (a modern) bollywood named Chanda Chamke, that scene is basically me being little being with my mum. And my dad, no he doesn't sing. Some time ago we watched the movie together..she and me were both just like wow :-)

Thanks anyone for reading, posting, thanks a lot.
    Last edited by remer; 09-04-2013 at 01:05 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar you know, help me out here ^^

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Remer I feel that you could very likely be ILE, or possibly IEE.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

One is a merry type and the other is serious...that's not really hard to tell that apart.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...nd_seriousness

I'm extremely serious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe I can't stand it when you type something, press submit, and the site errors and then all your text is lost

@aubzatuck hi thanks! I'm from Western Europe :-)

@Maritsa Yeah those Reinin traits are really handy to determine type, albeit still hard to see any preference in them. Well, I thought about what you said in the other thread, and I know how others perceive me, and they would say serious. Also I have never been picked as company because I am so much fun, I mean when people want me to tag alone it's because they find me cheerful, friendly and supportive. And that part about needing rituals in order to know each other feels true enough. I like that mediator thing, at the same time, I use/need situations to break the ice. While I careful harvest sets of information, I don't tend to ask the most obvious questions, I feel I should, because people feel it's creepy if you get that stuff from the internet, what is basically the reason why I don't ask because I already knew or find it a waste of time talking about that stuff. I normally ask why they come and study here, what it is like to them over there, etc, As it is already implying I normally prefer talking to foreigners (exchange students) in favor to those who shared the same backyard as me :-)

Also one of my lines of irritation would be that i'd say, "Don't think that I'm stupid." "I am fully capable of understanding that". Which hints to Ti vulnerability. In addition my confidence is solving puzzles is zero, although I say to myself I most likely have enough intelligence to find the solution once I can relax. Basic confidence faking is easy enough, but to actually relax is another thing. My current detriment is being scared shitless to sit for an exam anything intellectual.

Well I'll let this sink in for a while. May read some more.
    Thanks to you all!