View Poll Results: JWC3's type

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESE

    0 0%
  • ILE

    0 0%
  • SEI

    0 0%
  • LII

    0 0%
  • EIE

    0 0%
  • SLE

    4 36.36%
  • IEI

    0 0%
  • LSI

    0 0%
  • SEE

    4 36.36%
  • LIE

    0 0%
  • ESI

    0 0%
  • ILI

    1 9.09%
  • IEE

    0 0%
  • LSE

    0 0%
  • EII

    1 9.09%
  • SLI

    1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 95

Thread: JWC3's type

  1. #1
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default JWC3's type

    discuss.

  2. #2
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    i'm asking because nothing pops out as being particularly obvious to me and he's fairly low key on the forum without much noisy controversy about his type. and because his opinions about forum member types (including my own) are often different from the norm which is interesting to me. i don't see any serious problem with see but starting from scratch i suppose all i'd say is extroverted & not te dominant.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought Ne something at first, but I can be wrong.

  4. #4
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    EII FTW! Once I get that tattooed on my member no one will be able to refute my logic.
    Easy Day

  5. #5
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-...oppinions.html

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i'm asking because nothing pops out as being particularly obvious to me and he's fairly low key on the forum without much noisy controversy about his type. and because his opinions about forum member types (including my own) are often different from the norm which is interesting to me. i don't see any serious problem with see but starting from scratch i suppose all i'd say is extroverted & not te dominant.
    I actually started a type thread on Perc recently and was surprised that someone came up with LIE other than that though the common consensus over there seems to be more in line with absurd's rationale, specifically 2-3 people comming to the conclusion of IEE.

    The link is above since my phone doesn't understand how to place links below stuff.
    Easy Day

  6. #6
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    An overview of the various reasons that people think I am not SEE

    Beta/SLE/Fe Values

    - Initially when I entered this forum people seemed to cite my ability to both foster and participate in somewhat non-judgmental and emotionally expressive atmospheres of discussion as Fe-values. Actually after a few months of being active on this forum I went to a socionics gathering in Canada and stayed with Vero, this is relevant in that I drove to Canada with the users thehotelambush and chameleon who were roommates. At the gathering, and during the initial meeting where everyone was still getting comfortable with each other, I made an obvious effort to make everyone feel at ease and involve everyone in the discussion that took place over dinner as soon as we arrived. thehotelambush and chameleon thought that my ability to create such an amiable, expressive, and all inclusive atmosphere for people I'd just met was such a prevalent part of my personality that they actually were of the opinion that I was EIE or IEI.

    - Its come up at various points that I seem a fair bit too logical to be an SEE type. This has always struck me as a particularly poor argument. Formal logic can be learned and is taught in most universities. Assuming that formal logic is in fact a Ti construction and a Ti view of the world, I don't think it solely attracts Ti valuers or Ti ego types. At this point I would like to bring up the somewhat common consensus that Socionics is a Ti construction and a Ti view of the world and it attracts a very wide variety of people for various reasons that may or may not value Ti. This argument or observation is always somewhat offensive to me in that it often strikes me as an indirect way for others to perpetuate the stereotype of SEEs being stupid and unintellectual.

    - Blackberry I believe at one point or another thought I was SLE because most of my posts seemed offensive to her.

    - From my own perspective I can be somewhat crude and abrasive at times and tend to be very willing to participate in rude, abrasive atmospheres.

    Delta/IEE/Ne Values

    -This is certainly not a common typing on 16t but seems to be the most common perspective on Perc. Essentially people make the observation that I seem fairly laid back, non-judgmental, and lacking in ambition as well as social agenda. These strike me as somewhat relevant observations about my character. Beyond the observational perspective of I seem a fair bit less harsh than some would expect an Se leading type to be, I've yet to hear anyone make an argument for Ne or Si values. Not to say that one can't be made, simply that no one has made it.

    - From my own perspective I tend to be somewhat less harsh and less judgmental than most would expect gamma types to be. I certainly do concern myself with evaluating the character of others, but more often than not if I think negatively of someone I tend to not vocalize my perspective publicly.

    Alpha/ILE

    -I believe the user heath thought I was boyish and quirky and that was evidence enough for an Alpha typing. While no one has asserted an Alpha type as the case in some time, the main argument behind such a typing is my jovial nature, and to heath's credit my ability to be 'quirky'.



    I actually am not so much active on the forum itself, but do spend a fair amount of time directly interacting with members of the forum. While I may not post as often as most people who have been around for four years have, at various times I've likely skyped/PM'd/AIM'd with most of this forum's more prominent members.

    I'm not sure how relevant to my type my contrarian nature regarding the types of others is but it could speak to something.
    Easy Day

  7. #7
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If it's possible to type purely by temperament, then I've successfully narrowed you down to four quadras. I think you EP.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  8. #8
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @JWC3 I haven't seen any solid reason to doubt your self-typing, honestly. As personal impressions go, I find you pleasantly energetic and fun to be around, even if our senses of humor have clashed in the past; the majority of any discomfort has been on your end, and I was actually rather surprised to hear about it. Whether our interactions would be different IRL is hard to say.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  9. #9
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    @JWC3 I haven't seen any solid reason to doubt your self-typing, honestly. As personal impressions go, I find you pleasantly energetic and fun to be around, even if our senses of humor have clashed in the past; the majority of any discomfort has been on your end, and I was actually rather surprised to hear about it. Whether our interactions would be different IRL is hard to say.
    Oh I don't think they really clashed. I think I was trying to fit the bill of offensive SLE more than anything. Either way I think I was more upset about socionis not working properly than I was that the 2-3 offensive jokes I told didn't go over well.
    Last edited by JWC3; 09-04-2013 at 11:51 PM.
    Easy Day

  10. #10
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Oh I don't think they really clashed. I think I was trying to fit the bill of offensive SLE more than anything. Either way I think I was more upset about socionis not working properly than I was that the 2-3 ofeensive jokes I told didn't go over well.
    OK.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  11. #11
    Zero11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Posts
    248
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    I've generally agreed with the SEE typing for him. His upbeat style seems very much Se-leading to me. He sort of strikes me similarly as Ezra, SLE, if you're looking for an alternative to Gamma. His energy reminds me of woof too as SEE though.

    What do you think lungs? Are you questioning SEE? Why the thread?
    Being upeat is associated with Ne like bubbly or energetic and cheerful.

  12. #12
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero11 View Post
    Being upeat is associated with Ne like bubbly or energetic and cheerful.
    How would you describe base, then?
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  13. #13
    Zero11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Posts
    248
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    How would you describe base, then?
    assertive and eager

  14. #14
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero11 View Post
    Being upeat is associated with Ne like bubbly or energetic and cheerful.
    Am I correct in assuming that the assertion you wish to make that Ne ego types have an exclusive monopoly on being upbeat and energetic?
    Easy Day

  15. #15
    Zero11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Posts
    248
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    monopoly

  16. #16
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero11 View Post
    So which types can been seen behaving in an upbeat/energetic fashion and, how strong would you say the connection between upbeat/energetic behavior being type related, that you're attempting to make, is?
    Last edited by JWC3; 09-05-2013 at 11:44 AM.
    Easy Day

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero11 View Post
    Being upeat is associated with Ne like bubbly or energetic and cheerful.
    You just described William.

  18. #18
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    EII FTW! Once I get that tattooed on my member no one will be able to refute my logic.
    Very funny.
    I could get tatooed to my wrist. Then everyone would have reason to refute my logic.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  19. #19
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Very funny.
    I could get tatooed to my wrist. Then everyone would have reason to refute my logic.
    Yeah. I generally follow the rationale that the more important the body part and the more painful the tattoo the more persuasive power your perspective possesses. Maybe you could find someone who does tongue and eyeball work? You'd be pretty persuasive then.
    Easy Day

  20. #20
    Zero11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Posts
    248
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    So which types can been seen behaving in an upbeat/energetic fashion and, how strong would you say the connection between upbeat/energetic behavior being type related, that you're attempting to make, is?
    Of course you can also be serious, the unconscious (inertia, being serious) of a leading type is still the exact opposite of . This can be misleading when other factors influence the natural appearance of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    You just described William.
    You got me I integrated some E3 because I thought it was fitting.
    http://philosopherswheel.com/enneagram.html

  21. #21
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Director Abbie

    What's your reasoning for SLE again?
    Easy Day

  22. #22
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    @Director Abbie

    What's your reasoning for SLE again?
    Didn't you self-type SLE before? It made sense to me then, and it makes sense to me know. Polikujm agrees: you remind us of SLEs.
    You certainly aren't a Delta. You have entirely different values. If Gamma wants you I won't put up a fuss, but you aren't one of those goofy SEEs. You're one of those SLEs who's only funny to your own people, and you don't value Fi.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  23. #23
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Didn't you self-type SLE before? It made sense to me then, and it makes sense to me know. Polikujm agrees: you remind us of SLEs.
    You certainly aren't a Delta. You have entirely different values. If Gamma wants you I won't put up a fuss, but you aren't one of those goofy SEEs. You're one of those SLEs who's only funny to your own people, and you don't value Fi.
    I'd agree, I'm probably not Delta. I'm slightly confused though. Wouldn't tailoring my sense of humor to fit specific people be a far more Fi approach than Fe? Is my sense of humor your main rationale for lacking Fi values?
    Easy Day

  24. #24
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    I'd agree, I'm probably not Delta. I'm slightly confused though. Wouldn't tailoring my sense of humor to fit specific people be a far more Fi approach than Fe? Is my sense of humor your main rationale for lacking Fi values?
    No and No.
    Actually, I think Fe types would be more likely to tailor their humor to suit the crowd. To an Fi, this might seem dishonest.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  25. #25
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,329
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There is a difference between tailoring sense of humor to fit crowd...vs to fit the more personal company one is in.

    And Fe/Fi creative/demonstrative would naturally do either or both.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  26. #26
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    No and No.
    Actually, I think Fe types would be more likely to tailor their humor to suit the crowd. To an Fi, this might seem dishonest.
    Well by that definition I'd say I'm more Fi than Fe. I love telling jokes that no one else thinks are funny. My two favorites being "What do you call a fish with no eyes?" "FSH" and "What did the dressing say to the salad?" "Lettuce be friends" I've also never told a joke on stage that didn't make me laugh while writting it. Not because of any concern about it feeling dishonest mind, but because I just don't understand how a joke that doesn't make me laugh will make anyone else laugh.
    Easy Day

  27. #27
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    There is a difference between tailoring sense of humor to fit crowd...vs to fit the more personal company one is in.

    And Fe/Fi creative/demonstrative would naturally do either or both.
    Agreed.
    Easy Day

  28. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero11 View Post
    You got me I integrated some E3 because I thought it was fitting.
    http://philosopherswheel.com/enneagram.html
    I did get you. JWC self-types E3 just like William. At least that's what I've been able to gather.

  29. #29
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    I did get you. JWC self-types E3 just like William. At least that's what I've been able to gather.
    Yup. As 3 as the day is long. Dat workaholism op!
    Easy Day

  30. #30
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Wouldn't tailoring my sense of humor to fit specific people be a far more Fi approach than Fe?
    beta in group/out group?

    (devils advocate)

  31. #31
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think you're cool, also ESXp has been my vague impression. idk if that helps but there.

  32. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Betas are quite welcoming I found, to a certain point. The point of no return, where shit hits the fan...

  33. #33
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Well by that definition I'd say I'm more Fi than Fe. I love telling jokes that no one else thinks are funny. My two favorites being "What do you call a fish with no eyes?" "FSH" and "What did the dressing say to the salad?" "Lettuce be friends" I've also never told a joke on stage that didn't make me laugh while writting it. Not because of any concern about it feeling dishonest mind, but because I just don't understand how a joke that doesn't make me laugh will make anyone else laugh.
    Come to think of it my SLE brother makes lame jokes he thinks are funny too, and doesn't try at all to understand Ne/Si humor. I guess my assumption was false.

    SLEs are pests. SEEs are weirdos. But they have a redeeming quality. When I talk to an SEE 1-1, I feel I can open up. But you're more likely to be tough and dismissive. Not rude though...you seem decent for an SLE. What makes you think you're a feeler?

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  34. #34
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    beta in group/out group?

    (devils advocate)
    Maybe? I can't help but feel like I slightly mispoke. I mean being able to make a specific singular individual laugh. For example if I hear a joke that I know will make Aestrivex laugh wouldn't that necesitate some understanding of his inner emotional world? On the flip side though you could argue that I've just paid some ammount of attention to his external emotional expression i.e. his actually physically laughing. Either way, strikes me as very much the case that anndelise is correct. Fe/Fi creative/demonstrative would easily do both.
    Easy Day

  35. #35
    dugga dugga dun Narc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    TIM
    Ni-ENTj 8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,288
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Democratic EP. You seem pretty dandy.

  36. #36
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Come to think of it my SLE brother makes lame jokes he thinks are funny too, and doesn't try at all to understand Ne/Si humor. I guess my assumption was false.

    SLEs are pests. SEEs are weirdos. But they have a redeeming quality. When I talk to an SEE 1-1, I feel I can open up. But you're more likely to be tough and dismissive. Not rude though...you seem decent for an SLE. What makes you think you're a feeler?
    Tough and dismissive? That seems... a little contrived. I'm not sure what behavior I've exhibited on the forum that would lead you to this conclusion. Not that I'd be inclined to say that I've exhibited much forum behavior that anyone would define as sensitive and caring either.

    As for what makes me think I'm a feeler, do you mean what makes me think I could be Fi creative? Why do I think I have Fi values? Or are you entertaining some Fe ego type? Feeler is a rather broad term.


    EDIT: Also if your rationale for my lacking Fi values is not centered solely around my sense of humor, what is it? If it's easier, what's the rationale for Fe values over Fi values?
    Last edited by JWC3; 09-07-2013 at 01:48 AM.
    Easy Day

  37. #37
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Tough and dismissive? That seems... a little contrived. I'm not sure what behavior I've exhibited on the forum that would lead you to this conclusion. Not that I'd be inclined to say that I've exhibited much forum behavior that anyone would define as sensitive and caring either.

    As for what makes me think I'm a feeler, do you mean what makes me think I could be Fi creative? Why do I think I have Fi values? Or are you entertaining some Fe ego type? Feeler is a rather broad term.


    EDIT: Also if your rationale for my lacking Fi values is not centered solely around my sense of humor, what is it? If it's easier, what's the rationale for Fe values over Fi values?
    It could be an assumption based off you being SLE that I just stuck with because I didn't have evidence against it. I won't deny doing that before.

    I'm just going to attempt to describe Fi vs Fe. I'll probably make a mess of it and you'll end up even more confused because that usually happens when I try to explain functions, but...

    The white shapes are subjective. The black shapes are objective.
    Si/Se is the pair I understand the best. An Se will have a good understanding of what is around them. An Si will have a personal connection to their surroundings and probably be better at feeling what's going on inside of them.
    I'm drawing a blank on the Fi/Fe...but it correlates to Te/Ti. So I just have to explain why you are Ti, not Te.
    Tes think more along the lines of a universal logic. To Tis, their thoughts/knowledge are more personal. So if I correct a Ti and try to explain that their private thoughts are false, they'll react like, "No, these are my thoughts! Mind your own thoughts." Also, I think Tes think more in lists and Tis think more in bubble charts, but that's just a theory.

    Am I helping at all?

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  38. #38
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    It could be an assumption based off you being SLE that I just stuck with because I didn't have evidence against it. I won't deny doing that before.

    I'm just going to attempt to describe Fi vs Fe. I'll probably make a mess of it and you'll end up even more confused because that usually happens when I try to explain functions, but...

    The white shapes are subjective. The black shapes are objective.
    Si/Se is the pair I understand the best. An Se will have a good understanding of what is around them. An Si will have a personal connection to their surroundings and probably be better at feeling what's going on inside of them.
    I'm drawing a blank on the Fi/Fe...but it correlates to Te/Ti. So I just have to explain why you are Ti, not Te.
    Tes think more along the lines of a universal logic. To Tis, their thoughts/knowledge are more personal. So if I correct a Ti and try to explain that their private thoughts are false, they'll react like, "No, these are my thoughts! Mind your own thoughts." Also, I think Tes think more in lists and Tis think more in bubble charts, but that's just a theory.

    Am I helping at all?
    What's an example of a thought process concerned with universal logic?
    Last edited by JWC3; 09-08-2013 at 12:32 AM. Reason: apostrophe
    Easy Day

  39. #39
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Whats an example of a thought process concerned with universal logic?
    Took me some time to figure out the question. Maybe the lack of an apostrophe threw me off. But it looks like you are asking how Tes think. Ashton, feel free to correct me if I mix Si, E1, or cognitive style in. Sometimes it's hard to tell them apart.

    I'll try politics. That's usually good for starting an argument. It is impossible to have a society without some form of government. Governments are meant to protect and organize the people, because chaos leads to malfunction and in this world countries without protection never last long. Oppressive governments are also bad. I'm not sure of the exact reasoning behind that, but it's a premise. Countries have peer pressure like Middle-Schoolers do. When the Israelites were being led by heroes and prophets chosen by God, who did their thing to save the country then stepped down, all their neighbors had kings. Their system worked, but they got a king anyway. Now it's popular to have a president. And the United States is the trendsetter who pressurizes the nerdy kids into changing their style. But is a president any more likely to protect, organize, and be unoppressive than a good king or a benevolent dictator? I doubt it.

    That should have worked well since it was a fresh concept for me that I realized while typing.
    I presented everything as a fact until the end, when I offered opinion. I think for Tis, when they present things as fact, they assume "I think" is still at the beginning of their claims, even though it isn't. So I see that not as someone who thinks differently, but as someone who is wrong.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  40. #40
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Director Abbie

    On a side note did you happen to graduate college?
    Easy Day

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •