Thread: Comparing INFj and ENFp attentiveness to surroundings

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Comparing INFj and ENFp attentiveness to surroundings

My IEE friend and I both look down and kind of hiding way when we notice someone has spotted us and is sort of pointing their visual attention on us in a way that shows interest. She tends to have an amazing periphery vision and notices the person's nails and other specific details, while I just look in myself and doubt my attractiveness at the moment and need the person to just be strait forwards and leave no doubts about their intentions and desires...show me that I'm desired.

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you broken up with your LSE?

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

straightforward*
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StridingStrider View Post
    Have you broken up with your LSE?
    Hi cutie.

Which one? The one I'm with now, no. The one previously, as in from February, yeah.

TIM
    Puca
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Hi cutie.

Which one? The one I'm with now, no. The one previously, as in from February, yeah.
    Lol fast work Marista. I know how it is! "It's So Easy" music<3

Personally, I prefer difficult and unexpected. I can't hang with people who are too predictable.
    Amber casts infinity of shadows, and my Avalon had cast many of its own, because of my presence there. I might be known on many earths that I had never trod, for shadows of myself had walked them, mimicking imperfectly my deeds and my thoughts.

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi cutie.

Hullo. I joined a month or two ago, so I think it's the same one.

Regarding your original post, it just sounds like shyness. I'm the same. When I see someone attractive, I might look at them slightly longer then normal, but if they make eye contact I drop it. Sometimes I want to look at them longer, to give 'signals' but then I over think it and don't make eye contact or very little; because I think I'm making them overly self conscious or the situation just awkward. Fuck my brain.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    Puca
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dang, I hate repeating myself, predictable...To each his own. I'm like, sarcastic and troll-ish in said moments. It's a stare down with me. That sounds sweet though
    Amber casts infinity of shadows, and my Avalon had cast many of its own, because of my presence there. I might be known on many earths that I had never trod, for shadows of myself had walked them, mimicking imperfectly my deeds and my thoughts.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My IEE friend and I both look down and kind of hiding way when we notice someone has spotted us and is sort of pointing their visual attention on us in a way that shows interest. She tends to have an amazing periphery vision and notices the person's nails and other specific details, while I just look in myself and doubt my attractiveness at the moment and need the person to just be strait forwards and leave no doubts about their intentions and desires...show me that I'm desired.
    You're thinking like a teenager. Everyone feels threatened when someone attractive shows interest. I once heard bits of love stories from an SLE and you'll be amazed how pussy they are inside. They are better at faking confidence, that's all.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    Lol fast work Marista. I know how it is! "It's So Easy" music<3

Personally, I prefer difficult and unexpected. I can't hang with people who are too predictable.
    My ex boyfriend and his buddies absolutely demanded that I move on. I was very heartbroken for months (and they didn't even believe that one could love and be heartbroken so to them it almost made me a center of mockery, joking and fun) and wasn't even looking when my boyfriend quite swept away by me, at first it was physical attraction for him (I was sort unsure about having anyone in my life because I was so sad). My boyfriend was very much like "I know what I'm looking for, Maritsa; it's taken me a while to find her and you're it." I was asking what would that be, what are you looking for that you think you've found in me and he just started naming things that were my base function. I was amazed and thought, do you know how to VI? He doesn't know anything about socionics and he said "you can just tell." I said "HOW?" he said (in his typical LSE can't provide a reasonable explanation way) again said "you can just tell." I couldn't help it. I'm with someone who just knows we're a good match. I love him. He's helped to heal me and to retore my faith in something I've believed in for a very long time.

TIM
    Puca
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ex boyfriend and his buddies absolutely demanded that I move on. I was very heartbroken for months (and they didn't even believe that one could love and be heartbroken so to them it almost made me a center of mockery, joking and fun) and wasn't even looking when my boyfriend quite swept away by me, at first it was physical attraction for him (I was sort unsure about having anyone in my life because I was so sad). My boyfriend was very much like "I know what I'm looking for, Maritsa; it's taken me a while to find her and you're it." I was asking what would that be, what are you looking for that you think you've found in me and he just started naming things that were my base function. I was amazed and thought, do you know how to VI? He doesn't know anything about socionics and he said "you can just tell." I said "HOW?" he said (in his typical LSE can't provide a reasonable explanation way) again said "you can just tell." I couldn't help it. I'm with someone who just knows we're a good match. I love him. He's helped to heal me and to retore my faith in something I've believed in for a very long time.
    I don't know why you would listen to friends and an ex when it comes to matters of the heart. They're not you and in my experience can be very full of it. I don't talk about my feelings with friends, so I've never had problem there. I'm happy for you that you found someone, and good luck.

TIM
    Ne-EII 5w4 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im pretty oblivious to when anyone has an interest in me, when I DO notice it it kinda takes me off guard, I take a moment to gather my thoughts and if Im interested in them back I'll return the glance. If im not interested I'll pretend I didn't notice and keep myself from looking in their direction again until they move on.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OldPathWhiteClouds View Post
    Im pretty oblivious to when anyone has an interest in me, when I DO notice it it kinda takes me off guard, I take a moment to gather my thoughts and if Im interested in them back I'll return the glance. If im not interested I'll pretend I didn't notice and keep myself from looking in their direction again until they move on.
    yeah, that's pretty much spot on

but, every once in a while, you notice when someone's smiling at you or has been for a while right, especially when they call attention to themselves first. That's what my ex SLI used to do. He would bring me a "kisses" candy and smile big and I would take it cuz I love chocolate and then turn around and notice him still standing about smiling. lol