Thread: Types and their quadrants

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Types and their quadrants

Is there anyone here who has identified with a certain sociotype but who has been unable to identify with the quadrant that sociotype belongs to or the Reinin qualities associated with that type? In your opinion, is being unable to see the correlation between your personal sociotype and the quadrant it belongs to a definite indication that you've mistyped or is it possible to, for example, be a Delta sociotype but relate more to the qualities and priorities of Alphas as a result of a combination of factors outside the socionics model?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

LIE and Gamma were an eerily close fit for me, based on what I've read.

Seems like Delta is one of the more difficult quadra descriptions to find resonance with.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What exactly are you having difficulty with?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    LIE and Gamma were an eerily close fit for me, based on what I've read.

Seems like Delta is one of the more difficult quadra descriptions to find resonance with.
    Iunno, it sounded about right to me when I was first reading about it.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@psili there was a thread somewhat recently necro'd that had a quadra test that helped give indications of what you described in your OP. Such as a person could get an answer back that should high probability of say...Alpha/Delta (basically meaning high value of Ne&Si. If you didn't score at all in one quadra, there'd be a darned good chance that you are in its opposing quadra.

Add in things like say...a demonstrative element (8th) might be easy for them to think that the 8th is a valued element and so think a neighboring quadra might fit better. Or say..a Te (6th) hidden Agenda might make them think they are a logical type and so think they are Alpha without really feeling Alpha defines them well.

(I'll see if i can find the test thread link for you.)

Edited to add: found it.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ra-Values-Test

Good luck in your studies.
    Last edited by anndelise; 08-21-2013 at 05:23 AM.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@anndelise Thanks very much for the link!

@Maritsa Identifying with the general demeanour of Deltas - an emotionally subdued, decentralised quadrant that enjoys productive recreational activity and that shies away from highly theoretical, "non-applicable" discussion. The austerity and practicality of it isn't something I've really been able to relate to at all, so I was curious as to whether or not anyone else had encountered the same difficulty during the process of self-typing. I do exhibit some Delta qualities, particularly those that can be ascribed to the NeFi section of valued functions, but they're more qualities I consciously cultivated in order to meet the high demand of the environment. I am friends with a whole lot of Deltas!

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quadras are a noob trap.