Thread: The effect of fatigue on the functions

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The effect of fatigue on the functions

I have this notion that the amount of energy someone has dictates a lot about how balanced/imbalanced someone is, even with the more generally inert types. I notice that when I'm tired I'm moody, but as I wake up through the day and really get going, it feels like my Ne side kicks in more and I become more jovial and zany (that also being dictated by my energy level throughout the day). But not everyone is as moody as I am in that state, so that leads me to wonder if that has something to do with the little energy I have at the time being allocated to Fi and there not being enough to let the other functions manifest as much. I have noticed that some people work better off of less sleep, like that one student that somehow kicks ass at academics with relatively lower amounts of sleep. Maybe it's just because they're in their element and it's harder to notice what aspects of them are suffering from those conditions. Thoughts? Did any of that make sense?
    I am not covered in thorns
    nor am I covered in mold

https://soundcloud.com/#latitudes-official/latitudes-antechamber

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They would likely emphasize their creative more.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fatigue causes impotence.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    They would likely emphasize their creative more.
    Hmm, interesting. Just curious as to what causes that to be true, mind explaining it for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Fatigue causes impotence.
    Shiiiiit then I ain't ever tired muhfugga. Wait, what did you mean by impotence?
    nor am I covered in mold

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thefreedictionary.com
    Noun 1. impotence - the quality of lacking strength or power; being weak and feeble
    What else could I mean?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackholeRoad View Post
    Hmm, interesting. Just curious as to what causes that to be true, mind explaining it for me?
    People use their creative function to 'do work', the ego is natural but is most apparent in a resting state. If a person is stressed/tired, expect them to be firing their creative off in all directions.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People use their creative function to 'do work', the ego is natural but is most apparent in a resting state. If a person is stressed/tired, expect them to be firing their creative off in all directions.
    I liked the unedited version of this post which sounded like misguided MBTI talk.

And it still kind of does, because it's based on the same type of reasoning... which I've only encountered in MBTI texts, as far as I can remember.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked the unedited version of this post which sounded like misguided MBTI talk.

And it still does, because it's based on the same type of reasoning... which I've only encountered in MBTI descriptions, as far as I
    can remember.
    It's just what I've observed, note that there is an argument that people could observe the demonstrative/ignoring, but you'd need to be deliberately pissing people off for that.

There's also an argument that you might see some mobilizing/suggestive, but since the theory goes that you partner with people who can supply that to you I don't think it would be normal to state that people can construct it easily.

Caveat: Since many of the members on this site believe that most of their encounters are with gaslighting sociopathic sadists despite being experts in what is 'healthy' or 'unhealthy' I'll state that this is based on observing the more straightforward people who I tend to encounter and interact with on a day to day basis.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What else could I mean?
    Uhh nothing I mean yeah you obviously mean that there definition and nothing else haha..

OooOOoh. I get what you're saying. But wouldn't the fatigue condition correlate with a resting state? Although that would explain when I'm tired and I don't want to work and I derail by being goofy (which translates to annoying a lotta the time), which is more likely to happen later on in the day as opposed to the morning.
    nor am I covered in mold

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackholeRoad View Post
    But wouldn't the fatigue condition correlate with a resting state?
    I can't imagine how unless you are permanently fatigued and it has an effect on your basic psychology.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's just what I've observed, note that there is an argument that people could observe the demonstrative/ignoring, but you'd need to be deliberately pissing people off for that.

There's also an argument that you might see some mobilizing/suggestive, but since the theory goes that you partner with people who can supply that to you I don't think it would be normal to state that people can construct it easily.

Caveat: Since many of the members on this site believe that most of their encounters are with gaslighting sociopathic sadists despite being experts in what is 'healthy' or 'unhealthy' I'll state that this is based on observing the more straightforward people who I tend to encounter and interact with on a day to day basis.
    If it's merely from observation, then it's a concept you've constructed yourself that just happens to resemble the MBTI perspective on the "2nd function" or whatever they call it. And I don't think it's consistent with Socionics.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's merely from observation, then it's a concept you've constructed yourself that just happens to resemble the MBTI perspective on the "2nd function" or whatever they call it. And I don't think it's consistent with Socionics.
    Perhaps so, but I've been tinkering with the idea that the SLI-Si or SI-Te is just a matter of an individual being inclined to being relaxed, or not.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

based on my experiences in college where i'm delirious from a lack of sleep, i would say that my suggestive and creative are much more fluid in application. Role and Vulnerable aren't even capable of working. Ignoring might show up a bit more as the base gets, for a lack of a better term, lazy. The HA tires easier.

Overall i would say that the extroverted functions get a boost, and the typically strong Introverted functions(being an introvert, they are better in every block) take a nap. Probably backwards for Extroverts.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's, however, mostly true for introverts which use their creative function in an extensive fashion as a form of last resor, a kind of scream towards the world "leave me alone!!".

Exhausted extraverts are from this POV less complex, in the sense that they consider the external world more malleable, so they will sooner or later just retreat and rest.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. So, I've done some self-observation on the effects of my depraved sleep schedule, and I think I see where the creative function notion stands on that. I think my Ne is running rampant in that when I get past my morning moodiness phase, later on I'm more antsy and my thoughts are racing at times when I try to get things done. Like when I try to make a plan for my off days or for the week or whatever, I keep moving from one thing to the next and I can't seem to make these things concrete. And if I need to study something that I'm not interested in, it's nearly impossible to focus, hell, even for things I am interested in. Furthermore, I'm more anxious. It's not really that severe, but these things do hinder me from doing some of the things I need to do. I can see where the lack of sleep is impacting my general attitude and functioning, as well as with the valued Si. I eat a lot more when I'm lacking sleep and I'm more complacent and can prioritize that complacent state at times. So yep, any thoughts on that?
    nor am I covered in mold