TIM
    Ne-EII 5w4 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionaire (Drigo)

1. What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty for me is someone who gives their all to life, to what they love.. someone who completely loves (accepts) themselves for who they are. Love is opening oneself to another. Being vulnerable. Receptive. Caring.

2. What are your most important values?

Honest living (authenticity). Love (loving whatever, the world, humanity, family, self). Compassion. Humility. Courage.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I believe in the universe. Its uniqueness. Its randomness. Our uniqueness as life on this planet. And I believe in our power to see ourselves as part of this uniqueness of the universe in a spiritual manner. Why do I believe this? I used to be a christian, but when I was in highschool I couldn't be a part of a religion that made the rest of the world (non-christians) heathens condemned to hell, so I questioned and questioned and questioned until I decided it was not for me.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

Im against both. They only serve to benefit the 1% or the elite of each nation. In general Im against violence in most circumstances.

Power is the ability to effect change over particular aspects of the world.

Interests
    5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

I can talk all day about philosophy, religion, self-development, psychology, spirituality.. the arts.. I can find something interesting in anything that inspires other people. Im fascinated by what drives others.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

Not really. Im not terribly focused on my body but I do work out regularly.

7. What do you think of daily chores?

If they have to be done, then they have to be done.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

I normally only read non-fiction. Things that I will learn from or make me better at particular things Im working on. Fiction I see as a bad use of my time. As for film I tend to like films that challenge me, that push the boundaries of my perception, understanding and appreciation of the world. Favorite directors are: Lynch, Garpar Noe, and Lars von Trier

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

Im pretty emotional person.. pretty much everything moving, sad or really happy has the potential of making me tear up a little bit. What makes me smile? Seeing others being happy. Seeing others being successful. Being successful myself. Why? Because I want to see good in the world, I want to see good outcomes from peoples hard work and from my own. It means that life is really worth living when you make it so.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

Libraries. The non-profit where I work. In gatherings of international development workers.

Evaluation & Behaviour
    11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

My perfectionism can sometimes hold me back in terms of getting things done in a timely fashion. I can be pretty self-critical. I can sometimes have unrealistic expectations of others.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

Hardworker. Persistent. Honest. Im a person that doesn't compromise my integrity (which can sometimes be a fault as well I guess).

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?

To take myself to the next level in my meditation practice (I'm kind of stuck in 2nd gear and I know there are 10+ gears to go)

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

See above. The causes? Perhaps there's some deep seated psychological issues Im unconsciously preventing myself from uncovering and working with

People & Interactions
    15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

Overly verbose people who dont think before they speak. Liars.
    I get along well with thinkers of all types. Self-aware types tend to attract me.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

Sex isn't a huge priority for me. Im a serial monogamist and am consistently in long term relationships, but my primary focus is kind of on the things that I work on. And I like to be with people who are equally dedicated to something other than me for their happiness. I like for my partners to be people capable of challenging me and pushing me to grow.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

I would want him or her to grow up being entirely true to what they want and who they are. I would hope not to pressure them too much to fit my ideals. And I would teach them what it means to be happy and not to seek it in superficial materialistic things that are fleeting. Why? Because I lacked that guidance and that acceptance growing up.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

Inward I would take note of the difference and think about what it makes me feel. Outwardly I would acknowledge his belief, perhaps state my own but without saying that hes wrong or im right. We just have two different sets of belief.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

I love humanity. I feel like Im a part of many different aspects of society and that I have a role in helping it be productive, livable, awake, positive and helping it reach its potential. A prevalent social problem? Lack of belief that ones life matters, or that ones actions don't matter.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

I accept most people who try to become my friend. Im not judgemental at all, so my friends run from the best to the worst and I just try to be there for each of them. Around them Im a listener, a counselor, a teacher occasionally, and I hope at least a few of them see me as a role model (if not now, then hopefully but the time im old and retired)

21. How do you behave around strangers?

I treat all strangers as potential friends.. but Im still an introvert. I do it sometimes at a distance.

Hopefully this gives you guys a picture of who I am and can help me sort out my type. Im still kind of new to socionics.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I would have to say that if you were an NF, you probably aren't in the Beta Quadra... which by process of elimination leaves the Delta Quadra, and two possibilities from there: EII, and IEE. You certainly aren't any ESTJ, ESTP, or ISTP, that's for sure... hard for me to tell. Hmmm... and not an INTP or ENTP, either...

I think without a doubt Fi is one of your top functions. I'm still working on it in my head, however...
    Last edited by Adrenalinski; 08-17-2013 at 01:24 AM. Reason: "and" should have been "an"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

INFj or ISTp pretty close;

would you please take the test in my signature?

This one:

http://www.zhilkin.com/socio/en/
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Ne-EII 5w4 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    INFj or ISTp pretty close;

would you please take the test in my signature?

This one:

http://www.zhilkin.com/socio/en/
    Im not certain about about all of the either/or's but for those I am certain about I get Dostoyevski.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drigo Blanco View Post
    Im not certain about about all of the either/or's but for those I am certain about I get Dostoyevski.
    I love it...would you be able to post some pictures of you or possibly pm me?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFJ

TIM
    Ne-EII 5w4 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the responses guys. INFj is consistent with all of the tests I've taken thusfar and just wanted to get external verification because there have been people in MBTI forums telling me I should be an INFp (because Im INFJ in MBTI) but it just isn't what my test results show. Im still learning how socionics defines its "information elements". I see how I fit Ni Fe Ti Se in MBTI, but not sure yet how I can be both that and Ne Fi Te Si.